God of War

Dec 08

Dec 08

Coming to PlayStation Plus: More Early Holiday Presents!

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus

Hi everyone,

‘Tis the season to give… so our team is prepping a special gift for all PlayStation Plus subscribers. We already revealed our biggest PlayStation Plus publishes yet, including free downloads of games like Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse and Crash Team Racing. Along with those featured games, we also have some other surprises that will keep PlayStation Plus subscribers busy over the holiday break.

DC Universe Online 2 DC Universe Online

Coming soon to all PlayStation Plus subscribers is a free download of the beta for Sony Online Entertainment’s newest MMORPG, DC Universe Online, from the PlayStation Plus section in the PlayStation Store. From there, they can create their own super hero (or super villain) and take an adventure through Jim Lee’s vision of the DC universe. We will have more information on the exact timing of the beta in the near future, so be sure to keep your eyes on the blog.

Our holiday cheer isn’t stopping there! On December 21, we have another special PlayStation Plus publish. To start things off, we will be releasing a full game trial of 2K Games highly acclaimed first person shooter, Borderlands. Also, for our arcade loving PlayStation Plus subscribers, we will be discounting a handful of classic NEOGEO games the day they arrive on the PlayStation Network. Finally, we will be offering a free download of an upcoming minis title, A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, and a sale on DICE’s multiplayer classic, Battlefield 1943. Check out the full list of content coming below.

NEOGEO - Metal Slug NEOGEO - King of Fighters '94

Look for the beta and other PlayStation Plus content coming soon and have fun playing it over the holidays!

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 12/21:

Full Game Trial
Borderlands (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Featured Games
A Space Shooter For 2 Bucks – Minis (Free for PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $1.99)

Discounted Games
Alpha Mission (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Art of Fighting (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Baseball Stars Professional (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Fatal Fury (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
League Bowling (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Magician Lord (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Metal Slug (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Samurai Showdown (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Super Sidekicks (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
The King of Fighters ’94 (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Battlefield 1943 (40% off) (PlayStation Plus price $8.99, regular price $14.99)

Add Your Own

Phoenix8387 said:

December 8th, 5:32 pm

Glad to see the PS3 beta of DCUO, I’ve been in the PC beta for the past few months and it’s amazing. REally looking forward to see how it looks on the PS3.

Kchow23 said:

December 8th, 5:33 pm

Free DLC for games would be nice… how about these? RE5 DLC, Assassin’s Creed II DLC or the Borderlands DLC?

Dice_for_Death_ said:

December 8th, 5:33 pm

Interesting. :)

Kchow23 said:

December 8th, 5:34 pm

Other than that it is getting better… people are expecting to get their monies back on the very first update = stupid

Francision69 said:

December 8th, 5:40 pm

Awesome!!!

KwietStorm said:

December 8th, 5:41 pm

@Strathmore

As soon as you realize that Sony’s world doesn’t revolve around you, everything will become clearer. No sarcasm intended.

Useless_Person said:

December 8th, 5:44 pm

Wait, what happened to Prototype coming to the PlayStation Store?

TheUndertaker85 said:

December 8th, 5:48 pm

The DC Universe beta and content sounds good, but…

Will there be a fix made to the Hustle Kings avatars not being free? According to your 12/1 post the bundle that is in the store for $1.25 was supposed to be free this week for Plus members. Yet after checking they aren’t… I know they’re just avatars and the five avatars for $1.25 is a good deal compared to the $.49 cents each avatars cost, but if you’re telling Plus members what to expect when it should be delivered.

Also, are there any plans to bring a PS+ Space to Playstation Home or more Plus content for Plus members? EU has been getting Plus content and perks within Home from the start, yet we’re still waiting to even receive our first Plus Home item. NA Home deserves as much love as EU Home gets. PLEASE GET THE BALL ROLLING ON NA HOME PLUS CONTENT!!!

NickStell28 said:

December 8th, 5:48 pm

While graphics have obviously improved, developers have completely missed the market when it comes to animation and integrating game-play with scenic backgrounds. Still no mistake about PS3 owns the market. The approach to actions and camera angles has become very blocky and often is reoccurring animations from the same starting positions of a basic move. A simple fix. I hope bill gates ins’t up to any strange schemes. Make no mistake Sony is a World Corporation that America is a large part of. I suggest, again, to move towards the development of actual life like skeletal systems and muscles simulators. It really makes us wonder how much money if any goes into these projects. One combines effort could easily replicate this. Instead millions are spent on external resources to convey human behavior through athletes and actors. While aren’t data sources using simple coding. Oracle software could code this raw data of how much efforts is placed into doing things(lbs per square inch and friction). (continued)

NickStell28 said:

December 8th, 5:48 pm

I suppose we’ll all live in Babylon / Macedonia for the next 5,000 years while everyone pertains like their scared terminator will come out of this. Your simple wasting money at this point from an American Infrastructure standpoint on many “life-like” games. On the other hand the development I speak of will likely flow further than just the gaming industry. Who know maybe some large corporation has this in their pockets and has been getting off on how private it is. Well the Reich of America is on your asses.

DeadlyFalconX said:

December 8th, 5:49 pm

Finally something to look foward to when i go on vacation yeah psn +

reubensitos said:

December 8th, 5:49 pm

Holy Mylanta! Now this is what I AM talkin bout! YES!!!!! I can’t wait. Some real value with this Plus… My day 1 for the year sub has netted me some nifty fun! WIN

Rene_Led said:

December 8th, 5:50 pm

@3 You don’t have to put down 50$. You can still get this stuff on the 3 month sub. for $18 ;)
Also where’s the free Crash Team racing for PSP and the Hustle Kings free avatars?

jonnies33smith said:

December 8th, 5:50 pm

This beta makes me very claim I have plus

FawkePhenix said:

December 8th, 5:52 pm

Going pick up SAM & MAX, plus some NEO GEO games.

beastbarbour said:

December 8th, 5:53 pm

great i love these things Sony keeps surprising us with keep it up Sony.

jadge5 said:

December 8th, 5:58 pm

too bad we couldnt get the LBP 2 beta instead…

Otaku1975 said:

December 8th, 6:01 pm

Would love to get a NeoGeo release of Blazing Star on the PSN. The other NG games, not so much.

BlooodyCow said:

December 8th, 6:10 pm

Hell yes

SpyDudeFX said:

December 8th, 6:11 pm

Another Plus blog with tons of comments and 0 staff replies :D

marlyt said:

December 8th, 6:11 pm

Will the Borderlands trial be for GOTY edition or regular. I think I know the answer but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Pumped for DCUO beta since their preorder system is very screwed up. It feels like a bit of justice after being shut out of LBP2 beta. Which I think is absolute bunk. The sooner the better on Beta entry please, Grace.

favian said:

December 8th, 6:12 pm

am i the only one that can’t connect to psn store via media go right now? I get an immediate error saying the connection to server timed out. I have no firewall, i can access everything else on the internet. What gives? I’m trying to download some games.

marlyt said:

December 8th, 6:14 pm

@ SpyDuseFX

That’s because they care. And…

@ Blog

It’s CHRISTMAS not “holiday” or “holidays” stop being PC punks. And if the atheists don’t like it they can go pound sand.

Sum-Mischief said:

December 8th, 6:14 pm

For some reason I dont see the Sam and Max in the store … free for plus members

Grace Chen's Avatar

Kristi Fernandez said:

December 8th, 6:29 pm

Hi – Sam and Max will be offered for free for Plus members on 12/14.

marlyt said:

December 8th, 6:15 pm

@ 70

Sorry about SpyDuse. Should have been duDe.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

December 8th, 6:19 pm

Add Cloud Saving to PS+ and I’ll subscribe.

i_like_toast said:

December 8th, 6:22 pm

cool news about DCU, been quite interested in the game

Kirkpad said:

December 8th, 6:23 pm

Wow! There’s stuff here for people who already owned Sam & Max! I was expecting a rather dull month for PS+, other than CTR and Sackboy’s P.M. DCUO is what really sets this month apart, other than the Dead Nation discount. Man, are you really going to try and get me into an MMO Sony? How dare you tempt me!

DonCalzone21 said:

December 8th, 6:25 pm

@Marlyt

Haha…. #ToughGuyFAIL

Kapn said:

December 8th, 6:26 pm

Really happy to see the NEOGEO games are coming. Even better that I’ll get a little discount. The only problem is, now Aunt Pearl won’t be getting a Christmas gift. I’ll have to re-allocate her present money for my own selfish spending.

ModernYorkster said:

December 8th, 6:28 pm

Will the NeoGeo Games feature Trophies? and if not can you explain the reasoning why?

BigBangBear said:

December 8th, 6:28 pm

Nice additions. Might be getting BFBC2:Gold edition for Christmas with the 1943 already added in, but still like the addition. Also, had pre-ordered DCUO, but info has been sparse on their site so I like this guarantee of getting in the beta.

John_Oval said:

December 8th, 6:29 pm

OMG. Thats awesome! Thank you Sony Team! Im really excited about the DC Universe Online Beta, thats awesome!!!!!!

Zinacef said:

December 8th, 6:30 pm

I can’t believe the entire game ‘Borderlands’ is absolutely free!

BigBangBear said:

December 8th, 6:34 pm

@84 – it is only a trial.

FawkAndSuck said:

December 8th, 6:36 pm

How much will Borderlands cost?

KazeEternal said:

December 8th, 6:42 pm

Is Borderlands GOTY or regular?

crazysky108 said:

December 8th, 6:42 pm

I love the new update and that we’re getting another beta soon, but I would really like it if we could get a cool Christmas theme too! I’m still using the Halloween theme, which I love to death

DonCalzone21 said:

December 8th, 6:43 pm

Borderlands will most likely be the Regular version.

DeadlyFalconX said:

December 8th, 6:53 pm

there was alot of people hating on psn plus now look.

Enkei-Xpress said:

December 8th, 6:55 pm

… Borderlands for free?? Lol no, PS+ members will most certainly get content.. But not that sort of luxurious stuff

John-Shooter said:

December 8th, 7:03 pm

why does it seem like you guys are pickin every title i already own on disc? Borderlands, GoW 1 and 2, Tomb Raider.. its like you kno..

I was thinkin of pickin up either prototype or red faction but i only got to play red factions game trial for like 5 mins cuz i played it just to see what it was like before i went to bed when it came out and the time kept goin even though i wasnt using it

it would be nice if the time stopped when i closed out of a game trial so i could actually get my money’s worth and not regret sittin through a 6-8 gb download

not very bandwidth friendly either might I add

any chances of game trials for new releases here or there?

I’ll gladly pick up games if the trial thing works out but till then i’ll save the bandwidth.. just not worth the hassle

Shinra_Soilder said:

December 8th, 7:05 pm

This update is looking great. I can’t wait to get my hands on some of the NEOGEO games at a discounted price.

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

December 8th, 7:06 pm

borderland game of the year edition?

FawkAndSuck said:

December 8th, 7:06 pm

You guys should really tell us what the price of the full game releases. I have $10 in my wallet right now and I don’t know if I should buy a $10 or $20 psn card for Borderlands.

John-Shooter said:

December 8th, 7:07 pm

the full game of borderlands isnt free its prob gonna be like $29.99 .. the game trial is free to users

John-Shooter said:

December 8th, 7:09 pm

@FawkAndSuck

get 1 of each cuz i think its like 30 bucks retail now cuz of the goty edition being out

J-tight said:

December 8th, 7:09 pm

tight love dc

FawkAndSuck said:

December 8th, 7:11 pm

@John-Shooter
Thanks, I was thinking that too and I just checked the retail price online and it’s around $30.

J-tight said: