PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Dec 08

Dec 08

Coming to PlayStation Plus: More Early Holiday Presents!

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus

Hi everyone,

‘Tis the season to give… so our team is prepping a special gift for all PlayStation Plus subscribers. We already revealed our biggest PlayStation Plus publishes yet, including free downloads of games like Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse and Crash Team Racing. Along with those featured games, we also have some other surprises that will keep PlayStation Plus subscribers busy over the holiday break.

DC Universe Online 2 DC Universe Online

Coming soon to all PlayStation Plus subscribers is a free download of the beta for Sony Online Entertainment’s newest MMORPG, DC Universe Online, from the PlayStation Plus section in the PlayStation Store. From there, they can create their own super hero (or super villain) and take an adventure through Jim Lee’s vision of the DC universe. We will have more information on the exact timing of the beta in the near future, so be sure to keep your eyes on the blog.

Our holiday cheer isn’t stopping there! On December 21, we have another special PlayStation Plus publish. To start things off, we will be releasing a full game trial of 2K Games highly acclaimed first person shooter, Borderlands. Also, for our arcade loving PlayStation Plus subscribers, we will be discounting a handful of classic NEOGEO games the day they arrive on the PlayStation Network. Finally, we will be offering a free download of an upcoming minis title, A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, and a sale on DICE’s multiplayer classic, Battlefield 1943. Check out the full list of content coming below.

NEOGEO - Metal Slug NEOGEO - King of Fighters '94

Look for the beta and other PlayStation Plus content coming soon and have fun playing it over the holidays!

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 12/21:

Full Game Trial
Borderlands (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Featured Games
A Space Shooter For 2 Bucks – Minis (Free for PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $1.99)

Discounted Games
Alpha Mission (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Art of Fighting (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Baseball Stars Professional (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Fatal Fury (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
League Bowling (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Magician Lord (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Metal Slug (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Samurai Showdown (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Super Sidekicks (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
The King of Fighters ’94 (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Battlefield 1943 (40% off) (PlayStation Plus price $8.99, regular price $14.99)

Add Your Own

XxDeathDoctorxX said:

December 8th, 7:31 pm

add the ps plus symbol on here like the euro blog has it

SKOT_FREE said:

December 8th, 7:38 pm

OMFG MAGICIAN LORD and DCUO BETA is so mine! Whoo hoo, this PS plus thing has already paid off for me! I was just talking to a friend about Magician Lord too! Cannot wait to get my hands on that!

tj5678 said:

December 8th, 7:52 pm

Grace,

Please include plus member discounts for comics, video, and the psp games offered in the psn store (remember the PS3 does everything). (Well almost everything) Will we ever be able to view the digital comics purchased in the psn store on our PS3s or through our computers via the media go program? Great news about the DC Universe beta; keep up the good work.

TwinDad said:

December 8th, 8:00 pm

It would have been icing on the cake for a neogeo PSP discount too.

When is the removal date for the PS+ content poublished on 12/21? The usual two weeks so 1/4?

SuperTiso said:

December 8th, 8:06 pm

Finally the one time having Plus isn’t a bad choice to own for that DC beta.

SuperTiso said:

December 8th, 8:07 pm

Finally the one time having Plus isn’t a bad choice to own for that DC beta. The Neo Geo discounts, while nice, isn’t much of a savings. I guess I’d be saving on not paying for tax basically.

AMK said:

December 8th, 8:16 pm

ATTENTION FELLOW GAMERS D O NOT PAY THIS FOR THESE NEO GEO GAMES !! THIS IS A S C A M SONY IS RUNNING JUST AS THEY HAVE BEEN DOING WITH PLUS MEMBERS THE SO CALLED FREE CONTENT IS W A Y OLD AND DATED S H A M E ON YOU SONY I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GUYS I WANT TO TALK TO THE BIG GUY AT THE TOP I DEMAND AN ANSWER !!!!!!!

BriarPatch512 said:

December 8th, 8:16 pm

I love being a Plus member! I just wonder when I’m going to have time to use all this content! Great update!!

MnGhost1980 said:

December 8th, 8:16 pm

Are the NeoGeo games going to have trophies with them as well?

Seiven said:

December 8th, 8:22 pm

WOOT DCUO…I have been following this game’s development for what seems like 4 years when it was just a rumor. Can’t wait to try it out

AMK said:

December 8th, 8:24 pm

BTW FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PURCHASED COD BLACK OPS HOW DOES IT FEEL TO GET A FEW EXTRA MAPS FOR 60 BUCKS ? Cause to me it was cod modern warfare plus a few measly maps n ohh a new game mode rotfl

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

December 8th, 8:31 pm

Is Free Realms from SOE still coming to PS3? It’s been out on PC for over a year and it’s out on Mac already

hardknock55 said:

December 8th, 8:31 pm

DCUO BETA FTW!!!! HELLS YEAH!

InphiniteWun said:

December 8th, 8:36 pm

Ok… So if I subscribe to Plus now will I have access to the beta or is it just for those that are already subscribed? You did say “all” and not “all current”….

favian said:

December 8th, 9:09 pm

To follow up with my previous post #72, if cookies are disabled in internet explorer you will not be able to connect to psn store on media go. i hope this helps everyone.

anyway, i was kind of hoping for bundle packs for these games, like psp/ps3 version bundled for a reduced cost than if you had bought them seperately.. or at least buy one neogeo game and have it work on both psp and ps3 ala ps1 games… I’ll be buying these games, looking forward to a ton of great neo geo games and samurai shodown 4.

PHILDZNUTS said:

December 8th, 9:13 pm

This is sweet! I’m excited about DC Universe Online. Last trailer I watched looked promising. Can’t wait thanks guys. Also more get deals for Plus members. Good thing I’m one of them.

BiggsRevenge said:

December 8th, 9:14 pm

Awesome, so for the DCUO hardcore fans who have preordered the game and have been waiting excruciatingly patiently for the beta to come out, we now find out that it doesn’t actually matter how loyal you are, you only need to spend Fifty bucks on the damn PS+ to get into beta. That just makes me so happy. I hope it comes out super “soon” too.

robertmc8 said:

December 8th, 9:15 pm

Wahoo I guess I have try reflow 40gig dead console bring back to life for another 70 hours so I can play DC Online to I get slim after holidays :). If my reflow doesn’t work I just have wait bit longer to play DC Online Beta How long is beta good too?

Heisem said:

December 8th, 9:29 pm

will i receive the beta invite as a code?

joeyjoe325 said:

December 8th, 9:45 pm

Plus is great. DCUO BETA…AWESOME!!

Is it possible to get the same Dead Nation avatars that the EU Store has? And maybe a Christmas/Winter Dynamic theme??? I’ll say please :)

Proud PS PLUS MEMBER

Animespara210 said:

December 8th, 10:03 pm

OMG! thats so awesome!!! I cant wait to try out the beta for DC universe online.

pureluck13 said:

December 8th, 10:27 pm

Epic, best update yet.

that-acmilan-guy said:

December 8th, 10:33 pm

I love this month for content, although it would have been icing on the cake if we had a discount on Vietnam expansion.

jvasq said:

December 8th, 10:51 pm

very cool and very nice. best 50$ i ever spent in my life

jgrizzle358 said:

December 8th, 11:04 pm

sooo… lemme get this straight?

yur attempting not to offend the atheists by saying “holidays” but in doing so u offend everyone else bu NOT saying “Christmas”

seems kind of redundant, don’t it?

DeathStrike35 said:

December 9th, 12:43 am

looks sweet! I so need my system fixed.

Lirion said:

December 9th, 1:01 am

Is the DCUO beta also coming to PS Plus in Europe?

Jeigh_Mate said:

December 9th, 1:24 am

@ jgrizzle

Great point, genius. ‘Cause everyone but atheists celebrates Christmas. And my friend who celebrates Kwanza, half my other friends who celebrate Hannukah, and the remaining other half– atheists, agnostics and so forth– are irrelevant.

If jamming the word “Christmas” down everyone else’s throat is the point of the Holidays for you, you’re seriously missing the point.

UNIT-TRB said:

December 9th, 1:30 am

I have DCU on pre-order…8)

Will we see some PS Home swag coming down the pipe related to the title?

I look forward to the other plus offerings as well… might not have any gaming funds left after Zen’s new pinball tables drop though.

Sky-Rocketed77 said:

December 9th, 4:44 am

i like the uk blog better..it’s nice and it shows the plus symbol by whoever has it

k1ngsnak3 said:

December 9th, 4:44 am

This was pretty much like waking up on Christmas and finding a bunch of presents from Santa under the virtual tree. AWESOME!

Zezzler said:

December 9th, 5:22 am

How much will Borderlands cost?

Lugoves said:

December 9th, 5:35 am

This is Awesome! Thanks!

The_FPS said:

December 9th, 5:40 am

Does anyone know if DLC will work with Borderlands?

echogridlock said:

December 9th, 5:40 am

If someone could clarify…

At the end of our subscription do we get to keep the trophies we earned from select Playstation + games?

xxnike629xx said:

December 9th, 5:44 am

SNK games coming to the USA PSN is AWESOME!!!

Art of Fighting
Fatal Fury
Metal Slug
Samurai Showdown
The King of Fighters ’94

NICE!

All the originals of the great series.

I hope you guys eventually get:

Garou Mark of the Wolves
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
KOF Neo Wave
SVC Chaos: SNK Vs. Capcom

…up on the USA PSN.

>_<

FINALLY! These are some AAA titles and not the usual junk games you guys add.

PuppetShoJustice said:

December 9th, 5:49 am

The DCOU Beta isn’t that exciting, I promise. The NDA keeps me from saying more, sadly.

I’m not really sure the term “presents” really applies when its a subscription service we’re talking about here.

FfoegNosnibor said:

December 9th, 5:53 am

Borderlands Trial/Download: GOTY or not GOTY?

NURADEEN said:

December 9th, 5:56 am

i hope that for the price on those neogeo game there is online , no online no buy . i want versus online with the fighting games if not their value goes way down.

NURADEEN said:

December 9th, 5:59 am

I just found out they are getting online vs. for the neogeo games . YEAAH I MUST BUY !!! WOOHOO

Gas0linE said:

December 9th, 6:00 am

LOL, Playstation plus is a joke. your paying 50 dollars for a service that doesnt even have cross game chat. Mr. Tretton, Fire your whole network operations team and get people that actually know what they are doing, or do yourself a huge favor and just licsense xbox live. Live is teh future, you all know it. Ask Kevin Butler.

Xanthene said:

December 9th, 6:06 am

@Gas0linE haha. live. haha. thanks for the laugh.

OCDog45 said:

December 9th, 6:08 am

Holy Crap, Good look Sony.

xxnike629xx said:

December 9th, 6:09 am

In terms of all the SNK games I want on the USA PSN…

Art of Fighting
The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
The King of Fighters 2003
The King of Fighters Neowave
The King of Fighters XI

xxnike629xx said:

December 9th, 6:14 am

Oh and if you can get Metal Slug 7 (the currently DS only game) on the PSN as well, that’d be great!

Chaoticblaze27 said:

December 9th, 6:15 am

Glad i’m a proud Owner of the PlayStation Plus from day one this DCUO Free Beta is gonna be awesome i can play the game before i buy it just to test it out some people say its not gonna be as good as Champions Online but i think it will be hopefully this beta test will prove the haters wrong this is gonna be the 2nd game i beta tested from PlayStation plus exclusively (1st being Assassins Creed Brotherhood i loved that game)

xxnike629xx said:

December 9th, 6:16 am

Hm, and I missed a few again…LOL

World Heroes
World Heroes 2
World Heroes 2 Jet
World Heroes Perfect

BlackMackey said:

December 9th, 6:30 am

Why are people crying about the Christmas thing? Did you forget about New Years Day and even Kwanzaa? People celebrate multiple HOLIDAYS during that time period, so stop being so elitist and sensitive. It’s not like they said XMas.

Anyway, do you have to have PS Plus before a certain date to qualify for the DCUO beta? I don’t have it yet, but might get it for that.

S-E-G said:

December 9th, 6:30 am

tis the season for giving?
i see price tags on everything
what are you giving exactly?

judalation said:

December 9th, 6:35 am

Way to shut up the Playstation Plus HATERZZ! Im so glad I signed up I have been in over 10 betas!