God of War

Dec 17

Dec 17

LittleBigPlanet 2 Update: Music Sequencer

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

Greetings fellow Sackpeople! We are happy to release the latest LittleBigPlanet 2 “feature”-ette to you….the MUSIC SEQUENCER. What’s gaming without music right? Now LBP2 lets you compose your own score with multiple instruments to chose from and gives you ability to connect in-game objects to your custom tunes. Again, LBP2 takes CREATE to a whole new level!

Watch and enjoy!

Take a look at how some talented Beta testers have already used the Music Sequencer below and be sure to learn all about the other great new features that LBP2 comes with January 18th!

“Sunrise” by AssassinatorRFC

Sounds in LittleBigDreams’ Head

Add Your Own

hoos1986 said:

December 17th, 7:09 am

Even though I’ll probably never be able to use this to its full potential, it looks amazing!

Can’t wait to make some 8-bit tunes

Korbei83 said:

December 17th, 7:12 am

Can the sequencer create user-defined stereo or surround channels?

Eagle_Snipe said:

December 17th, 7:15 am

Cool! Is there any word on the LBP 2 demo coming out?

Zeer0id said:

December 17th, 7:23 am

Brilliant. I’ve never much dabbled into music sequencing before but this seems like as great a place as any to start. Probably better than most! Looks fun.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

December 17th, 1:38 pm

It’s pretty easy and fun to do.

Sindred said:

December 17th, 7:41 am

This is going to be insane.

rawJak2 said:

December 17th, 7:58 am

Awesome! Music wasnt really my thin in LBP1 but since its now a feature in LBP2 ill be sure to check it out.

Craazy said:

December 17th, 8:03 am

I will use this more than the level creator….then I can make visualization levels to my music…..awesome sauce with cool added for measure

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

December 17th, 1:39 pm

With a dash of musical dope.

NJTRAPKING said:

December 17th, 8:06 am

This game looks entertaining but i won’t get it

Shakatu said:

December 17th, 8:27 am

I have the CE preordered!
I made a song level once in LBP. It was quite tedious! This looks like a huge leap forward!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

December 17th, 1:40 pm

LBP2 is a huge leap in every way! Have fun with your Pushie and “game” ends. :)

tigerfodder said:

December 17th, 8:41 am

I can not wait for this game… the beta has just made me want it that much more!

Band2eto said:

December 17th, 8:47 am

That was very cute and awesome!

Pleaee PSBLOG, please put THAT SONG on the PSN Store, I’ll pay whatever price you guys ask for! I want that song! :D

zekececil14 said:

December 17th, 8:48 am

I am enjoying my beta, but I have come across some problems. Where would I go to report these. The problem is if you attach a control seat to holographic material and put an advanced mover on it, you can fly outside the border. You cant go to far, but if you keep going your sackboy dies and your creations gets deleted. I haven’t tried in play mode though. Also, if you bolt a material to a sackbot and put a control seat on it, then the sackbot dies, your control seat spins in a cicle and floats away uncontrollably. Again i have only done this in create mode. not play.

anotherdae said:

December 17th, 8:48 am

I was just thinking about this! Mm rules.

Band2eto said:

December 17th, 8:48 am

Oops sorry, I forgot to say for the FIRST video, I want that song (or whatever remix that is)! Thanks!

foodlionslave said:

December 17th, 8:50 am

I can’t wait for this game? Or that demo for that matter. It looks awesome!!! Any beta codes today?

Keyeszx said:

December 17th, 8:54 am

I can’t wait to get my hands on LBP2. I really wish I could get into the beta. I want to see what can be done with it and help you guys improve it.

Crypt-Raider said:

December 17th, 8:57 am

LBP 2 is Amazing! the Beta Makes me want it even more, keep up the good work.

foodlionslave said:

December 17th, 9:05 am

@15 should be: I CAN”T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!

Link01 said:

December 17th, 9:09 am

I’m sooo psyched for this game… just pissed that you guys dropped 3D >.<

KILLZONE79 said:

December 17th, 9:20 am

wow the first sequencer video showed the thermomenter rising all the way to the top almost.

colonel005 said:

December 17th, 10:55 am

If the music from the trailer is original soundtrack could you PLEASE upload it to the PS Store?

or if the music form the trailer is from an artist, could you please tell us the Artist name and/or album?

THANK YOU!

LBP has always had amazing music! and it is great that we get to make our own!!
Congratulations to Media Molecule, you are the most innovative developers in the world!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

December 17th, 1:41 pm

The Music was an original composition from Kenny, the amazing king of all audio at Mm!

drifttank said:

December 17th, 12:04 pm

im glad i got a PS3, with all these exclusives on PS3 there so fun even staff are full of excitement like MM or NaughtyDog for example

i can’t want 4 you guys to release LBP2 i know its going to be epic and win more awards than ever!!

JLP_M said:

December 17th, 12:21 pm

So Glad I already paid in full for the Collectors Edition! Can’t wait to get my hand on it! Also thank for the demo this tuesday. I want to download it now!

df2506 said:

December 17th, 12:53 pm

Thanks for the video. The new music creator looks awesome.

I can’t wait to play the demo on Tuesday. There are three cool demos on Tuesday (LBP2, Mass Effect 2, and Dead Space 2), but LBP2 will be the first demo I download! I’ve been wanting to play this game so much. Tuesday will be awesome. :)

Of course January 18th will be even better. I have my collector’s edition pre-ordered. *drools* So can not wait!

ardeesonic said:

December 17th, 1:01 pm

The music reminds me of Anamanaguchi.

nsnsmj said:

December 17th, 1:22 pm

This is awesome. The only thing I ask is that you add more sounds over time. Especially a concert grand piano, unless it and many other sounds are already there. So far though, I only keep hearing a honky tonk, electric, and/or whatever type of piano it is.

Either way, this isn’t a complaint. I’m just an actual musician, and very enthused about this game. I’ve already got it pre-ordered!

nsnsmj said:

December 17th, 1:25 pm

About that piano–maybe it’s not honky tonk or whatever, but something about it just sounds weird to me. Like it needs to be tuned or something.

Blade133 said:

December 17th, 1:46 pm

I’m extremely impressed with the sequencer. I’ve already composed my first track on it in the beta, but how can I make it “interactive?” I’d like more instruments to start playing when a player steps on a switch, like in the “featureā€-ette. Anybody know how I could do this?

wolfzero1 said:

December 17th, 1:49 pm

those were pretty awesome. Jan. 18 can’t get here soon enough

Rhez said:

December 17th, 2:02 pm

I noticed how the thermometer spiked with that single sequencer. Still the music is way more complex than anything we were able to do in LBP. Simple tunes would spike the thermometer before. Now this is amazing. I’m sure the complex full songs are going to fill the level.

Ace2540 said:

December 17th, 2:04 pm

The demo is coming out Dec. 21, right? what will be in the Demo? Just story? Or will we be able to go into create mode, also I have Sackboy’s Prehistoric Move, will I be able to use those costumes in LBP2?

Justp94 said:

December 17th, 2:28 pm

Upload to YouTube :D

TheRealNobri said:

December 17th, 2:54 pm

Will you be able to save the music as audio files on the PS3?

digitalman123 said:

December 17th, 3:16 pm

@Chuck. You said “pushie”, not “plushie”. FAIL
CE pre-ordered! Sack it to me!

ClassicSpyroFan said:

December 17th, 4:00 pm

You guys are AMAZING!!! I love it when developers like you make a sequel thats way better than the prequle and inproves it in every way!!! LBP 2 is going to be one of the best platformer games of all time!!!!!!!

privateguy123 said:

December 17th, 4:24 pm

On the demo, can you create in my moon? And use the music sequencer?!?

RobotPhoenix said:

December 17th, 5:18 pm

Im with privateguy123.can you!!!!plus im hoping to hear some A-W-E-S-O-M-E music on lbp2 from creators this year and so on!

SkyDragonc5 said:

December 17th, 10:50 pm

I have a home Music Production Studio with thousands in software. How does the background code work in all this? I would love to see it. I also have beaterator and the KORG DS10 synth. Any ways to export this to wav on the PS3? If you don’t have that please patch it in. I would really love to use this professionally. It looks really easy and in depth. Thanks and I cant wait. CE already Pre-ordered.

ghik16 said:

December 18th, 2:30 am

You better watchout “MySpace”!!! LittleBigPlanet will be the future base for new music! :) :)

Fredmyster408 said:

December 18th, 10:52 am

I WANT!!! IT!!!!! =D

D-Squad3 said:

December 18th, 2:07 pm

You guys should give us the option to put the piano on top of the screen instead of the left side because it’s easier to read a piano the way it’s supposed to be played.

hikari_hanazono said: