Final Fantasy XV

Dec 20

Dec 20

Stereoscopic 3D on the PS3: Full List of All 3D Games and Blu-rays

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

UPDATE: This list is out of date. Read the new list of all PS3 3D content, current as of July 1st October 26th, 2011.

Killzone 3 in stereoscopic 3D for PS3

Quite a few PlayStation.Blog readers have been asking me to provide a definitive list of all stereoscopic 3D content available on the PS3. Well, you wanted it and now you’ve got it. I’ve hit the books and researched all current and future games that support stereoscopic 3D on the PS3 – expect to hear quite a bit more in 2011.

Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments!

Out now

1. Auditorium* (thanks gunguy01)
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. Enslaved: Journey to the West (via PSN software update)
  4. EyePet
  5. The Fight: Lights Out
  6. Gran Turismo 5
  7. High Velocity Bowling
  8. Hustle Kings*
  9. James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game
  10. MotorStorm: 3D Rift*
  11. NBA 2K11 (new retail version; free PSN software update coming in January 2011)
  12. PAIN*
  13. Prince of Persia Trilogy*
  14. The Sly Collection
  15. Super Stardust HD* (via PSN software update)
  16. Swords and Soldiers*
  17. TRON: Evolution
  18. Tumble*
  19. WipEout HD*

Coming in 2011

1. Crysis 2
  2. de Blob 2: Underground
  3. Dungeon Defenders*
  4. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
  5. Killzone 3
  6. MLB 11: The Show (thanks Nadafinga)
  7. Mortal Kombat
  8. MotorStorm Apocalypse
  9. Virtua Tennis 4
  10. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception

*Indicates downloadable PSN title

Blu-ray 3D Movies

Note: Select titles appear here, for a full list of all 3D Blu-rays, refer to Blu-ray.com/3D.

1. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D
  2. Clash of the Titans 3D
  3. Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D
  4. Avatar 3D (December 1st)
  5. Alice in Wonderland 3D
  6. Despicable Me 3D
  7. Open Season 3D
  8. My Bloody Valentine 3D
  9. Monster House 3D
  10. Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole 3D
  11. The Polar Express 3D

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

rebeljd said:

December 20th, 8:02 am

Awesome, I was just wondering what titles supported 3D. My brother and I tried out GT5 last night on my sister’s new 3D TV and it was NICE! Now I see this list and it just so happens that I own a handful of 3D games that I can checkout as well. Rock on :)

December 20th, 9:14 am

Sweet! Glad you liked it — I haven’t tried GT5 yet in 3D, but I hear the effect is more subtle.

nikrel said:

December 20th, 8:02 am

Just have to wait till 3D tvs come down in price now.

December 20th, 9:15 am

Sounds like we’re in the same boat :)

snoopypup248 said:

December 20th, 8:05 am

Yeah, this would be more appealing if I had a 3D TV. :/

TheZed88 said:

December 20th, 8:07 am

Agree nikrel. For the cost of 3D tvs there is just not enough 3D content to justify the cost….yet.

jelly_bean said:

December 20th, 8:08 am

Played Enslaved in 3D yesterday and it’s awesome… Prince of Persia is also marvelous in 3D… Can’t wait for 2011!!!

BiezulbubBill69 said:

December 20th, 8:10 am

3D + Sony ALWAYS wins baby!! Can’t wait for my tax return check so I can finally get me one of them new fangled 3D tvs!!!!!!

gillettjoe said:

December 20th, 8:11 am

Hmmmm Avatar 3D is Panasonic exclusive until 2012 according to the press.

I own 5 3D games, the only one I’ve been impressed with so far is Stardust HD. Motorstorm has to much crosstalk. Black Ops was OK but it was not helpful feature.

December 20th, 9:17 am

Good catch (this stuff can be a little confusing). From what I’m gathering, it’s not yet officially confirmed, so we’ll see how it shakes out and update accordingly. Thanks for the tip, Joe!

BAZ1307 said:

December 20th, 8:31 am

Ridge Racer 7 received a free 3D expansion pack on the EU PlayStation Store back in October, I couldn’t find this on the US Store. Is it there or am I being oblivious (as usual)?

If it’s not actually out in the US Store, then when would we expect it to be released?

Anyway, that’s another 3D title that could potentially be added to this already awesome list. ;)

December 20th, 9:18 am

It appears that this was not offered in the US — my crack team of researchers had me pull it off my initial draft list.

Alienrex said:

December 20th, 8:32 am

I agree with gillettjoe… Avatar 3D is Panasonic excluive until 2011… I don’t know why Sony is supporting it if for Panasonic customers… I have a PS3 and Onkyo home theater both suppotr 3D… the TV is the only left… I will wait till 3D tv going down their prices

brad74111 said:

December 20th, 8:32 am

I just got my 3D adapter for my mitsubishi 73″ DLP today to enjoy all the 3D goodness! Nice List!

BEASTXJASON said:

December 20th, 8:34 am

If I could afford an overpriced 3d tv this might excite me. Hopefully somebody will invent a standalone reciever that adds 3d to exsisting tvs. Heck I just barely was able to afford my 45 inch HD last year.

I love how a game that doesnt even work (Black ops is broken) is listed first.

DuskSunset said:

December 20th, 8:34 am

Isn’t DeadSpace 2 supporting 3D?

December 20th, 9:19 am

I looked into this and though there’s been chatter, it doesn’t appear to be official. We’ll keep you posted!

nairb85 said:

December 20th, 8:35 am

Yoy forgot Socom 4 is 3D and slated for a 2011 release…. Unless it’s being delayed again

Caps-on-JDAWG said:

December 20th, 8:35 am

Missing — Batman: Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year Edition)

December 20th, 9:21 am

I haven’t played it in 3D myself, but my understanding is that it uses the old-timey “red-and-blue glasses” 3D. We’re focused on the new stereoscopic 3D implementation.

subbed said:

December 20th, 8:36 am

Nice to see the amount of titles with support for 3d granted I wont be getting a 3d tv anytime soon unless my tv dies.

BEASTXJASON said:

December 20th, 8:38 am

Think batman is anaglyph bud :)

G-Force08 said:

December 20th, 8:42 am

I am thinking about investing in a 3D monitor but not yet a TV as I don’t really find myself getting too much into the movies that are 3D but I would like to try the games in 3D. But I will still wait a bit. But that’s great that Sony is really leading the way into this tech.

Strangerer said:

December 20th, 8:43 am

Reference to Caps-on-JDAWG comment. BEASTXJASON beat me to it. It’s red and blue lens 3D.

remanutd5 said:

December 20th, 8:47 am

i must have my 3D tv before Motorstorm Apocalypse releases , i must play it in 3D , LUNATICS UNITE!!!! maybe i’ll get before Kizzy 3 releases

remanutd5 said:

December 20th, 8:49 am

will Resistance 3 support 3D? what about God of War 3 ? imagine Kratos tearing everything apart in 3D , man that must be insane lol

perrandy said:

December 20th, 8:49 am

this tech sounds fun,but its way out there out of my reach.hope the prices of 3d tvs goes down to more “popular” prices. in the meantime, i like many others will continue to do our gaming from our HD/standars tvs

remanutd5 said:

December 20th, 8:52 am

oh Sid i know you may not be the right person to ask this but i have asked in the Little Big Planet community with no answer whatsoever , is Little big Planet 2 supporting the Navigation controller or just the Motion controller ? playing Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves with the dualshock 3 and Motion controller felt really weird , i know its meant to be played with your friends but still they must add Navigation controller into the mix

December 20th, 9:22 am

Stay tuned — the LBP2 team hasn’t delved too deeply into PlayStation Move support yet. I’m sure you’ll see an update here on the Blog soon!

plaidfluff said:

December 20th, 8:52 am

@alienrex: Because it’s an open standard that is compatible across every vendor, silly. It would be more work NOT to support it, and that would only annoy people to no end.

Incidentally, the 3D implementation of Avatar: The Game is terrible. Rather than using the HDMI1.4 functionality, it uses the older split-screen mode, which is a pain in the butt to configure (and you have to do it manually) which ends up halving the resolution, and meanwhile its framerate is so bad that an already bad game gets quite a bit worse.

December 20th, 9:23 am

Interesting — I haven’t tried Avatar: The Game’s 3D mode, so thanks for the tech details.

kivi95 said:

December 20th, 8:56 am

You forgot:

Flight Control HD
Ridge Racer 7

coming 2011

Dynasty Warroiors 7
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Mortal Combat

December 20th, 9:27 am

Flight Control HD and RR7 came out in the EU and aren’t currently available in the US, so we left ’em off (this being the US blog). As for 2011, we’ve got Mortal Kombat; Metal Gear Rising doesn’t have a solid release date and I don’t think 3D support has been officially announced; and I’m waiting to hear more on DW7. Thanks for the leads!

pooky_da_bear said:

December 20th, 8:58 am

Socom 4 has 3D doesn’t it?

gunguy01 said:

December 20th, 9:02 am

I believe Auditorium HD is in 3d and supports move to boot.

December 20th, 9:44 am

Good catch, adding! Thanks!

FATHASUN said:

December 20th, 9:03 am

3D is good. But it can be great. Movies need to utilize the technology in a way that simply blows peoples minds. I want to walk out of the theater with an awe inspired look on my face. If this can be accomplished then 3D can shake the gimmick status that many seem to think it is.

RENOO-80 said:

December 20th, 9:07 am

uncharted 3 will be amazing in a 3D TV.
I can,t wait until 1/11/2011
awoooooooooogah!!!

December 20th, 9:45 am

11/1/11 :)

Nadafinga said:

December 20th, 9:10 am

You missed MLB 11 The Show.

December 20th, 9:45 am

Good catch! Was announced in between writing this and posting. Adding now!

dragonmagician said:

December 20th, 9:12 am

Unfortunately, 3D kinda gives me mild headaches. But I still have a Sony 3D TV; Support Sony!

NeoHumpty said:

December 20th, 9:15 am

Don’t see Resident Evil Gold Edition on there. I only notice because I have the useless version.

December 20th, 9:48 am

No 3D, but PlayStation Move support.

NeoHumpty said:

December 20th, 9:21 am

Wow. What’s up with the annoying pop-ups? Isn’t this site technically just a way for you to advertise your products already?? It’s pretty annoying and is for a site with a name close to this one.

December 20th, 9:48 am

What pop-ups are you seeing? I don’t see any.

digitalman123 said:

December 20th, 9:27 am

A few weeks ago I was wondering this!
Now I wish I had a 3D TV…
Move, 3D, what’s left to count down? Greatest Hits maybe…

Drake1416 said:

December 20th, 9:36 am

Oh come on! CoD but not Battlefield?!

But I’m lovin this. If I could afford one I’d have one of those TV’s right now.

MetalGearCrysis said:

December 20th, 9:41 am

That is a nice picture! Thanks for the list Sid.

WarGod_83 said:

December 20th, 9:45 am

I love Sony and all their innovations for us gamers. I have a suggestion going forward. Every 3D game especially PS3 exclusive should have MOVE support. This will provide gamers the true realistic experience and will be a major differentiator from our competition. It will also show the media and the gamers that Sony is putting more and more faith in Move. Imagine GOD OF WAR 4 in 3D with MOVE support, i bet everyone will be on their toes slaying GODS in their living rooms..lol.

remanutd5 said:

December 20th, 9:47 am

first lbp2 review 10/10 , and whats up with all the Uncharted , Liittle Big Planet 2 rumors being PSP 2 launch titles ? lol yea i know you guys wont comment on rumors that most of the time become true lol , ok sony we want full psn functionality on the PSP 2

loadstone007 said:

December 20th, 9:48 am

Too bad I’m not an oligarch… I can’t afford an awesome 3D TV.
Join my weeping on my cue… :(

crazzzycannnuk said:

December 20th, 9:59 am

3D tv’s are just starting i would rather wait to have a 3d tv without glasses, why spend your money on something that will give you a migraine in one hour. Toshiba said they were going to make a 3D tv without glasses early next year. If you do want 3D get a gaming pc with nvidia glasses and you can play any game (even if its not made to be 3D) in 3D. DON’T WAST YOUR MONEY!!!

pitythefool852 said:

December 20th, 10:12 am

Looks like there’ll be lots of 3D content when I get my new 3DTV when Uncharted 3 comes out.

Avatar exclusivity sucks though

December 20th, 10:15 am

Yeah, this was the first I’d heard of that possibility, but I’ll keep an eye on it.

NeoHumpty said:

December 20th, 10:24 am

That’s right, it is just Move. I forgot. The pop up is a seperate window and a lady says “Congradulations, yada, yada, yada. You’ve been selected to take a survey” Something about playstation.net. It comes up everytime I come to this page.

December 20th, 10:34 am

Weird — we don’t run any pop-ups or ads on the Blog at all. Might be a weird malware thing or something from another tab you have open.

kbempoleon said:

December 20th, 10:34 am

When is dungeon defenders coming out?

Sephir007 said:

December 20th, 10:35 am

@Sid Shuman

GT5 has indeed a very subtle effect in 3D, but only on default settings, you can adjust the level of deep and convergence on the options menu.

I did change those settings and I was amazed!! it has been one of best experiences on 3D (replays looks awesome, the tracks and cars just pop out the TV)

I’m still experimenting with those settings.

X_Chimer0s_X said:

December 20th, 10:38 am

The 3DTVs that don’t require glasses are significantly smaller, more expensive, and offer an inferior picture while also requiring stricter view angles. I’ll stick to my glasses 3D. I really don’t see why so many people hate the idea of wearing the glasses. You don’t even notice them after 30 seconds.

Anyway, great list. I have most of the games and movies listed and I’m really looking forward to KZ3 as I have both the 3D and Move waiting for it. Uncharted 3 will also be legendary.

mik said:

December 20th, 10:42 am

I don’t think the NBA 2K11 3D patch is available yet (it was previously announced as an early 2011 update). Right now, you can only get NBA 2K11 in 3D as a retail purchase–they released a different package in November that featured 3D. I’m waiting patiently for that update!

December 20th, 11:17 am

Yeah, a little confusing given the multiple versions offered; I’ll update with a small clarification on the incoming patch for 2011. Thanks!

Ace9009 said:

December 20th, 11:00 am

MAKE LITTLE BIG PLANET 2 W/ 3D!!!!
That would be so amazing! :D

Sindred said:

December 20th, 11:07 am

Wait, Avatar is not on BD 3D yet. I thought that was exclusive to Panasonic still.

Also, has anyone noticed a strange shimmering in 3DBDs playing from the slim PS3? I have a separate 3DBD player and it doesn’t do this, but sometimes when I play a 3D movie on the PS3, there is a strange shimmer in the image. Makes it difficult to watch.

December 20th, 11:17 am

Interesting — I’d hit up http://us.playstation.com/support/ask/ to see if they know anything here. Thanks for the insight on Avatar; I take that it works on a PS3, but is only available through Panasonic 3D bundles?

butt_rubber said:

December 20th, 11:27 am

I’m pretty sure Chris Roper confirmed SOCOM 4 is going to be in 3D. Plus there is a youtube video showing how to put 3D on in SOCOM 4 from I believe Euro Gamer event in London.

Here is the official thread on the SOCOM 4 forums:

Minck said:

December 20th, 11:28 am

Any chance that you guys can convince That Game Company to update Flower to 3D? I would die for that!!

Daz_Genetic said:

December 20th, 11:29 am

I would like to throw out a suggestion that an expert in the field create some sort of FAQ for 3D on the PS3. There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there, and people need good information to make the best buying decisions.

Every single 3D game I’ve tried so far has had a menu option hidden away somewhere where you can increase or decrease the 3D effect, and without exception, they have always defaulted to about 10%.

I understand that this is probably a preventative action to provide people with a comfortable viewing experience, as well as minimizing some of the cross-talk that LCD owners will see. But if people don’t know where these options are and how best to tune them in for their personal preference, many people will be pretty disappointed with the effect.

I was playing GT5 in Best Buy, and since it was in demo mode, there was no way of accessing the menu to adjust the depth settings. It was really shallow in its default state, so people were leaving disappointed.

PAGE 1 2 3