PlayStation VR

Dec 21

Dec 21

‘The Tester 2’ Season Finale Featuring Killzone 3 – Available Now on the PlayStation Network!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Please keep your comments spoiler free. We’d like everybody to have a chance to enjoy this intense finale.

Seven weeks ago “The Tester 2” premiered on the PlayStation Network and 12 hardcore gamers embarked on a series of rigorous competitions, all for the chance to win a job working for PlayStation. Now, we’re down to three finalists: Ches-ka, Gaymer, and Scooter battle head-to-head in a Killzone 3 inspired finale which again concludes with amazing gameplay competition. The first to complete the jetpack-enabled ‘Frozen Shores” level in the upcoming Killzone 3 wins the grand prize – a job at PlayStation’s San Diego Studios, a $5,000 signing bonus, a limited edition ‘The Tester” PlayStation 3 system signed by all the panelists, and a brand new Sony 46” BRAVIA 3D HDTV.

Ches-ka. Gaymer. Scooter. Who will win it all? Do not miss this exciting Season Finale.

The Season Finale is a FREE download available now in the ‘Video’ section of PlayStation Store, and you can catch up on the season with Episodes 1 through 7 also still available. And, don’t forget to also jump into PlayStation Home’s “The Tester” Theater to watch with your friends and snag another ‘Game Over’ cast shirt.

We’re also releasing a compilation of the Extra Scenes on PlayStation Store for those of you who missed some of the additional behind-the-scenes fun from this season.

The Tester 2 - Episode 8 Prizes

This Week’s Download & Win Grand Prize

The finale prize is the one that everyone has been waiting for. Downloading the season finale of “The Tester 2” will automatically enter you in the drawing for a gorgeous Sony 46” BRAVIA 3D HDTV and a ‘The Tester’ Limited Edition PS3 system signed by all the panelists from Season 2. See the official rules here.

And, congratulations to David D. from Pueblo, CO our Week 6 winner of the Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition along with ‘The Tester’ Limited Edition PS3 system.

We hope you enjoyed Season 2. Thanks for watching and supporting the cast and the series. May the best gamer win!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

FredNation said:

December 21st, 4:03 pm

Mo Choc was a funny guy, Wish it was the final four only.

Wolf26pack said:

December 21st, 4:04 pm

Personally I think Big Fazeek was a set-up by Sony. I don’t think he was a real contestant. I think he was a Plant by Sony to cause Drama in the House to help get better ratings & viewership.

@gr1226

I could swear I heard meredith also say “He Won” which makes me think one of the guys wins. In fact I’m going to guess Gaymer wins.

Well I’ll just have to see who wins once it gets done downloading & Goodluck to all who enter for the 3D TV, although I hope I win ;-)

sylarista said:

December 21st, 4:26 pm

Why wikipidea knows the winner before us?? huge spoiler

DCS-Tekken said:

December 21st, 4:38 pm

Yeah in Home we didn’t get the female Big Fazeek Shirt. Or the male and female War Princess Shirts. From Episode 7 in the Home theater. Now this STINKS! as were now at the end of the series. And we got robben from the last shirts to say the least.

I just Hope this is the last we see of Tester. Let it rest in peace!

Nuff Said!

By: DCS

Renai_Kakume said:

December 21st, 5:00 pm

LOL..

Wolf26pack said:

December 21st, 5:07 pm

Wow just finished watching it, great way to end it indeed. It was truly that close.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

December 21st, 5:12 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed the finale. Amazing way it ended. Great game play by all!

East_AZN_Nation said:

December 21st, 5:36 pm

Sad about Mo Chocolate. :-( He was cool. After he left, it became ultra serious! Anyway — I hope Gaymer Wins! He has got a strong personality!

aranhalucasaf said:

December 21st, 5:56 pm

What is going on? Why it’s not showing on my PSN yet?
I want to see the last episode…why you said it’s updated if it’s not!!! I hate it!

raddest113 said:

December 21st, 6:01 pm

THE STORE NEVER UPDATED YET

raddest113 said:

December 21st, 6:04 pm

waaa i looked on wikipedia saw the winner and CRIED

surfthelast1 said:

December 21st, 6:04 pm

This season rocked!!!! I loved last season but this season kicked butt. I’m really surprised that War Princess made it that far considering she admitted that she didn’t own a ps3. I hope the winner does Playstation proud when they work for them.

East_AZN_Nation said:

December 21st, 6:11 pm

NVM I FOUND THE ANSWER ALREADY!! YESSS GAYYMERRR!! I KNEW HE WOULD WIN!!! HE HAS GOT A VERY STRONG PERSONALITY!!

Sorry I SPOILED IT FOR YOU — BUT GAYMER OFFICIALLY WINS IN THE PLAYSTATION TESTER SEASON 2!! GAYMER — you make the community proud! YESS!! — I found out the winner because PSN didn’t update their store yet.

GAYMER WILL BE THE NEXT PLAYSTATION TESTER!

aranhalucasaf said:

December 21st, 6:14 pm

@raddest113 o.O Why did you said that….i run to wikipedia…..now i know who won.
If he won he made better the cheska and scooter…

@surfhelast1 i think this season was not far….like i did not like the fat fazeek but he won he should not be eliminated that way…why did they wait so long? and the war princess she was on the bottom many and many times….the samuray should stay in the house instead the war princess she did wrong on that challenge…

solace357 said:

December 21st, 7:00 pm

Sweet, thanks for spoiling it guys. After you were asked not to.

brian--soccer said:

December 21st, 8:06 pm

hey kev, what about if you submit the playstation ID of ches-ka, scooter, and gaymer…it would be a great idea for everybody to play with them and to know more about them.

gettinmoney662 said:

December 21st, 8:27 pm

Why do you guys think Mo Chocolate was backstabbed? He was the worst performer and got a ton of questions wrong. Why wouldn’t you choose him when you are trying to gain points? He had a chance to perform and prove why he’s a competitor but he didn’t.

boobinz said:

December 21st, 9:46 pm

I was able to download the episode from the store before i learned about the outcome…WOW..thats was AWSOME,great show..and the right guy for the job…i love the fact that they played killzone 3..im blessed to have the beta..cannot wait for the rest of it..SONY HIT A HOME RUN!!!!!! CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT….keep up the good work guys,,,thx

emangamedit said:

December 22nd, 12:24 am

you are not able to get the tester epsiodes at 12:00 midnight i dont know why waybe because the people on the east would know before the west idk but the espioside does realse in the afernoon on west coast idk for east

theSkillfull1 said:

December 22nd, 2:33 am

GG, I was rootin’ for Scooter, but Gaymer was cool, too. All I want to know is, where do I sign up for season 3? After watching 2 seasons, it kills me knowing I could win this!

Sephir007 said:

December 22nd, 6:56 am

Whoaa, congratulations to the winner!! I hope for a 3dr season, but this time open for international gamers!!

I would get in for sure.

amalcatraz said:

December 22nd, 8:19 am

he was back stabbed cause all the came up with a plan to go against him. yeah he did poorly at the challenges but why plan to do it with the rest of the contestants? seems to me that you would want to keep the weak link in so your chances of winning are better off.

DbFdMedic said:

December 22nd, 3:51 pm

just got a black person loses does not make it racist, he was a moron.

DbFdMedic said:

December 22nd, 3:53 pm

(because}

superben302000 said:

December 22nd, 8:46 pm

@NURADEEN

I’m a black man and it has nothing to do with race. I really do not appreciate it, you could have made the same argument if it were gaymer or a woman if they were ganged up on… (homophobia, sexism)

Koji8123 said:

December 22nd, 9:42 pm

Overall I am happy with the Season.

I really wish they would have said goodbye to Big Phazeek a lot sooner though. Congratulations to Gaymer!

ManoaKid said:

December 23rd, 5:12 pm

I’m wondering why BigFazeek’s real name is the only one that is left off the Tester 2 website? Is it because there’s probably some people out there that wanna whoop his lying ass? I’m sure this was brougt up before.

MoneyMaker110 said:

December 23rd, 6:02 pm

i hope there is a wrap up show and interview with the winner. i didn’t hate big fazeek as much as alot of people seemed to, he was made out to be very annoying though.

teamseigaku said:

December 26th, 11:00 pm

Why was Tester Season 2 mainly based more on team challenges?
Doesn’t the winner look like one of the finalist in season 1 of the tester?

SaVaGe_YamS said:

December 28th, 10:00 pm

I loved the show. I was wondering where and when can I apply to be on The Tester Season 3

Badkarma7_2 said:

December 29th, 6:27 am

The tester is a great show! I am in college for game design and it would be a dream come true just to get the opportunity to meet the panel of judges! I have been a long time PS user but I hardly ever post, that might change if they choose their tester applicants by the posts? So I guess my question is basically the same as Savage_Yams, How do I apply for the Tester season 3? Do you all think that a thirty-eight yr old gamer would do okay on there?

ayman999 said:

December 31st, 11:51 am

Gay-mer wins

LILY124 said:

December 31st, 4:09 pm

God bless the editors, directors and all behind the scenes types. Reality shows are all about the tech talent NOT the cast. You can only do so much for a show filmed in a bunker with a milquetoast cast. Animal Planet made a more dramatic reality show about meerkats for heavens sake.
I thought it was a brilliant choice to focus on the industry guests more this season. I’d LOVE to see a show that features some of the big movers and shakers! Maybe a 15 minute biography or something…. I’m bored of whiny casual gamers. Great job for a low budget show.
Major kudos again to all the behind the scenes folk!

PirateHarlock said:

January 1st, 7:40 pm

How about those at sony come up with something gamers actually want for a change? NOBODY asked for this contrived garbage….NOBODY!!! In the real broadcast tv world people routinely get fired for stupidity far better than this “production”

brandon42191 said:

January 11th, 8:54 pm

if theres gonna be a Tester 3 how would someone sign up to be on it?

PAGE 1 2