PlayStation VR

Dec 31

Dec 31

Happy New Year from PlayStation.Blog!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

I wanted to use the last post of 2010 to take a quick look back and talk a bit about what we’re working on for early next year.

2010 has been a year of tremendous growth for the PlayStation Social Media program – average weekly page views have nearly doubled (to about 2 million), our Twitter followship has multiplied by a factor of more than 5 (to about 573K), and – this is the crazy one – Facebook fans have multiplied by over 10x (to 7.6 million). In a not-unrelated development, we added Sid and Rey to our team which have enabled us to be more responsive via those channels, place our videos on the front pages of IGN and Gametrailers, as well as publish roughly 10 extra stories per week. We were also named a Top 5 entertainment blog by Technorati, which tracks such things.

I’m also particularly proud of our PlayStation.Blog Share feature, which launched last Spring. Many tens of thousands you have participated, and more than 50 ideas have been enacted to date. While the Social Media team can’t take credit for those (we don’t actually make these things happen), you should know that having all your ideas in one place has made it much easier for people throughout the company to know what you’re thinking. I’ve actually sat in on meetings where ideas submitted to share were pored over, one at a time. That’s the whole point, right?

So, enough patting ourselves on the back – here’s what we’re working on for the first few months of this year:

A full, from-the-ground-up redesign: We’ve been tracking which Blog features are most important to you (you’re voting with your clicks). We’ve taken that data and are pretty far along with a redesign that prioritizes big news, PlayStation Store content and older stories while vastly improving search, and making it easier for you to participate and share stories that are important to you with others. Also: it’s way nicer looking, as we’re sick of being the Euro Blog‘s less-attractive cousin. Look for this to roll out by Mid-March.

More unique stories: In 2011 we’ll be bringing you more PlayStation posts you won’t find elsewhere, in addition to the usual reams of daily news. Sid’s putting the finishing touches on a multi-part “Monsters of PlayStation” feature as we speak.

Coming to you: We haven’t locked anything in yet, but I’m eyeing some Blog meet-ups in places that we haven’t been to much, especially in the South and East. More details soon, but the first 3 months of the year should see us in a variety of places.

That long-promised podcast: By end of March. At the latest. We’re taking suggestions on names, btw.

Thanks to all of you who have read, voted, commented, subscribed, followed, attended live, or otherwise participated in what we do. We look forward to serving you in 2011.

-Jeff

PS – I was looking for New Year’s Ball Drop pics for this post when I found this. May God have mercy on us all.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

PirateHarlock said:

January 1st, 7:36 pm

After the blatant and uncalled for censorship found here, on blogshare and forums along with undeserved attacks on sonys own customers perhaps the best name for the new podcast should be THE NATIONAL PROPAGANDA INQUIRER. At least you won’t be at a loss for material since all the people writing bogus replies on blog comments & forums can do something “useful” for this new “venture”

polo155 said:

January 1st, 7:36 pm

Happy New Years Everyone and SCEA Will Blow Up Bigger This Year! I wish you guys come to NYC in the summer but i will go no matter what lol… my Blog Name Submission would be:

Playstation BlogCast Authority

LordRaoh said:

January 1st, 8:10 pm

I have two requests for 2011.

1. Ask all future and current app/services such as hulu, netflix, qore etc to work with the Sony Blu Ray Remote.

2. Come up with the default sony ps3 menu options and ask/enforce that all current and/or future services use a default control scheme. So if select brings up info in the ps3 menu when watching a movie, so should hulu, netflix, etc. Circle should be back button like previous sony services. X is commit/enter etc etc etc.. Please come up with an default scheme, enforce it and have all the third party applications handle the same way. Don’t allow for different control schemes. This should be the same with games as well.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

juanpipe said:

January 1st, 8:19 pm

I’m glad to see what’s going to be new this year.

I have to say, PlayStation.Blogcast sounds awesome.

But how about Podcast Station? Yeah, that’s not as special.

Anyway, Happy New Year!

birdhousedawg said:

January 1st, 8:41 pm

no holidays discounts, no new year special disccounts, nothing for psn users???? where is sony at?

for xboxlive users: tomb rider warrior of light 50%, casttle crashers 50% off, all the past week with special discounts…. and sony??? what for psn users??? what for PSN PLUS USER????? nothing FTWW???? wake up dudes I have like 80 dollars wating for holidays specials discounts!!!!! and nothig happends!!! FTW!!!!

birdhousedawgg
Vereacruz Mexico FTW

Mexico still waiting for playstation home!!! when!!! when!!????????

caracrowland said:

January 1st, 8:46 pm

I wish I could have a happy new year but I got the Yellow Light of Death today :-( R.I.P. (February 21st. 2008 – January 1st 2011)

kenkraly2004 said:

January 1st, 9:02 pm

I’ve been a playstation 3 owner since early 2007 and I enjoy my PS3 slim. I play all my movies blu-ray’s and dvd’s as well as my music and my PS3 games too. Also I enjoy all the streaming media services like Netfilx, Vudo , MLB.TV , NHL Gamecenter and , Hulu. I am looking forward to new PS3 games in 2011 like MLB 11 The Show and Uncharted 3 and Madden NFL 12. Thank You and have a happy new year playstation and playstation network. I have 2 requests for the PS3 playstation team. Please get an mediafly app for Revison 3 and TWIT.TV on the PS3 soon Thank You.

cat_monster2018 said:

January 1st, 9:04 pm

Yeah, this site and the other us.playstation sites are not ps3 browser friendly and its ridiculous. I like this site, its a very useful source of information. It’s a great place where I get informed about whats new, and whats next. Overall I feel like I’m being shut out of the playstation community, and i dont feel like I’m getting the full playstation experience.

curiousecat said:

January 1st, 9:09 pm

How about P.L.B.O.G.
PlayStation
Live
Blog
Broadcast

In traditional terms Radio Broadcasters used a combination of letters and numbers .

The letters would be the call letters and the numbers represented the frequency or channel like KLOG 620 AM or KCMS 105.5 FM
And Ham radio operators would use K7WJJ

Sometimes the Call letter would be abbreviations of a name place or what ever the person is assigned by the FCC.

Street_Killaz said:

January 1st, 11:42 pm

Im chilling here wondering what sony will give us for a next update for ps3!! Im talking firmware update!! Hmm makes me wonder, there up to somthing!!

IceSamurai said:

January 2nd, 1:08 am

looking good, all the best.

neostardust said:

January 2nd, 6:16 am

Happy new year ever one from PSBlog to SCEA and I know for sure next year will be your center stage with games

pitythefool852 said:

January 2nd, 11:58 am

Can I vote for PlayStation.Blogcast

It just sounds awesome.

Hope you have a great 2011. For me, PS Blog is one of the best parts of the PS online experience. The communication is good… people get involved… and the blog (almost always) works in the PS Browser.

Hope that continues in 2011 :)

DTS_MAN said:

January 2nd, 1:38 pm

Please tell me you have a plan to crack down on these bloody idiots opening the ps3?

curiousecat said:

January 2nd, 3:28 pm

@ DTS_MAN we have to let the lawsuit that is taking place determine what is going on. There is a lawsuit and for now it is in stale mate. Both sides are tied.
NOTE:
This has been recorded and has been placed on you tube

Stickypower209 said:

January 2nd, 4:13 pm

When will Tetris for the PS3 be released? I can’t wait to buy that game.

kenkraly2004 said:

January 2nd, 9:03 pm

@ Playstation Can you Please get an mediafly app for Revison 3 and TWIT.TV on the PS3 soon Thank You.

animalsto said:

January 2nd, 10:49 pm

so is sony gunna make that yugioh game jeff if you know

IPlay6HoursADay said:

January 2nd, 11:36 pm

I can’t wait for the podcast. How about keeping the name simple with a name like “PlayStation Podcast”?

Tru_DeadlyAnGeL said:

January 3rd, 12:16 am

New years is all fine and dandy but uhm, hey sony you guys hear about this?

erk: C0 CE FE 84 C2 27 F7 5B D0 7A 7E B8 46 50 9F 93 B2 38 E7 70 DA CB 9F F4 A3 88 F8 12 48 2B E2 1B
riv: 47 EE 74 54 E4 77 4C C9 B8 96 0C 7B 59 F4 C1 4D
pub: C2 D4 AA F3 19 35 50 19 AF 99 D4 4E 2B 58 CA 29 25 2C 89 12 3D 11 D6 21 8F 40 B1 38 CA B2 9B 71 01 F3 AE B7 2A 97 50 19
R: 80 6E 07 8F A1 52 97 90 CE 1A AE 02 BA DD 6F AA A6 AF 74 17
n: E1 3A 7E BC 3A CC EB 1C B5 6C C8 60 FC AB DB 6A 04 8C 55 E1
K: BA 90 55 91 68 61 B9 77 ED CB ED 92 00 50 92 F6 6C 7A 3D 8D
Da: C5 B2 BF A1 A4 13 DD 16 F2 6D 31 C0 F2 ED 47 20 DC FB 06 70

Tru_DeadlyAnGeL said:

January 3rd, 12:23 am

Im just saying idk what that is but from what i heard its really bad for you guys..

mrdeadhead said:

January 3rd, 1:15 pm

happy new year to you, too.

as for podcast, i’d say the PSXtra Edition

Gogo_ZvC said:

January 3rd, 2:51 pm

@Bpear

Good luck playing online though

TheUltimateSword said:

January 3rd, 8:41 pm

Happy New Year to everyone. After recovering from a moped accident and a cold, I am now ready to play my first ps3 console online. Feel free to send me a friend request. Look forward to gaming with you all.

curiousecat said:

January 5th, 11:24 pm

Scea, just please keep your word an up date the browser.

curiousecat said:

January 9th, 8:47 am

Hmm A 3d Visor eh? I made a suggestion for that and got a lot of pt downs for it.I guess I am in sync with the time lol..Go a head head on over to blog share, you find it lol..

PAGE 1 2 3 4