Paragon

Jan 05

Jan 05

PlayStation @ CES 2011

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

The 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show kicks off tomorrow. As you might expect, PlayStation has a part to play; the massive Sony booth will showcase games such as LittleBigPlanet 2, inFAMOUS 2, MotorStorm Apocalypse, PlayStation Move Heroes, and Killzone 3 and MLB 11: The Show in stereoscopic 3D. We’ll be bringing you a video tour of the booth, highlights of a 3D gaming presentation, and a closer look at some of the games on display.

PlayStation @ CES 2011

CES is a huge event for Sony – attendees see new products and services from all branches of the company… and it’s not surprising to see stars from our Music, TV, or Film divisions up on stage as well. I know I’ll be shopping for my next TV to play PS3 on at the booth, and the videos on this site are shot on a Sony HDR cam first unveiled at the last CES.

So, even though PlayStation is merely a part of this Sony-wide event, we thought you might be interested in watching today’s press conference. We’ve embedded it below, and there’s a chat-enabled version available on the Sony Electronics Ustream page, if you’re so inclined to participate. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

alok893 said:

January 5th, 11:41 pm

[DELETED]!
Uncharted 3 in 3D!
I hope i could have been there!

shadysaiyanz said:

January 6th, 12:45 am

Did that man really say “Uncharter”? he must be really new…. well atleast the cameras looked cool.

loadstone007 said:

January 6th, 12:47 am

Sadly, nothing exciting was announced…

ccanfield1 said:

January 6th, 1:47 am

Thank you so much for posting the press conference. I always wish I could attend events like this and am happy I was able to view it in its entirity. Thank you for not editing it. I also appreciated the after conference Q&A session. I am excited for many of the announcement, although I was hoping to hear of a PSP phone. Oh well. Thank you again.

ccanfield1 said:

January 6th, 1:50 am

Only real big negative was the inclusion of Cirque Du Soleil. Brings up to many bad memories of the bad Xbox Kinect announcement from E3. Even if it is Vegas, where every hotel now seems to have a Cirque show.

B055Y_ said:

January 6th, 2:50 am

some interesting stuff but nothng to do a back flip for.. 3D coming to camera,camcorder, laptops, kinda predictable.. now allowing music to be access through using sony products.. um.. my pc being accessing music on the internet for about 10 years.. but it an add on so i guess i try not to troll… i said try… just couldnt do it..

x-game chat.. skype on ps3, cloud saves, this is what gamers want !!
and still denying a psp phone.. omg sony we been know this was coming since CES of last year.. pspgo was nearly a dead give away

Carl-G said:

January 6th, 2:55 am

I LOVE SONY STUFF! ! ! :P I can’t wait;)

SgtRufus said:

January 6th, 2:59 am

It wasn’t Sony.

HIGHESTofTHEMALL said:

January 6th, 3:29 am

I love you SONY. That is why I only buy SONY products, because they bring the fire.

Rude_Sparthan said:

January 6th, 3:37 am

..just bought 3D TV and now you announces 3D TV glass free….? ..dammit…. nice .. but ..DAMMIT..!!

crusher915 said:

January 6th, 3:41 am

now go back to your labs and don´t come out until you have invented skype on ps3 :D

iDeKlein17 said:

January 6th, 4:30 am

Looking forward to XGC™ ( Cross Game Chat )
And the PSP2™

I know this will happen at E3

iDeKlein17 said:

January 6th, 4:31 am

Oh and please Sony , don’t do allot of 3D covering at E3 2011.
Less may be more.

DullSheep said:

January 6th, 6:07 am

Psp Phone??!! Amazing!
http://www.dullsheep.com, a new blog about tech, science, art, design and travel…take a look, thank’s and happy 2011!

lyfestory said:

January 6th, 6:15 am

i wonder if the new MLB game will have Move support…?? baseball is certainly due for Move support somewhere….

loked11 said:

January 6th, 6:24 am

Sindred said:

January 6th, 6:37 am

“Wow….after watching press conferences from Sony and the ‘other’ console, it’s obvious which company won the motion controller wars that broke out last year.

It wasn’t Sony.”

So guess who’s going to start making more parlor casual games and guess who’s going to stick to making games that gamers want?

I would say “winner” is an extremely relative term, especially considering that Wii has sold incredibly yet holds up books and DVD on shelves more than actually being used for gaming.

remanutd5 said:

January 6th, 7:51 am

wow i just saw the Killzone 3 story trailer , WOW , really really impressive stuff Guerrilla Games !!!

remanutd5 said:

January 6th, 9:02 am

hey Jeff are you guys doing a PS3 2011 entertainment video featuring Little Big Planet 2 , Killzone 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse ? that would be sweet

Superstrokey1123 said:

January 6th, 11:24 am

SO no new psp phone and no PSP2 (didnt expect the latter mind you)?

robertmc8 said:

January 6th, 1:27 pm

How much would Music Unlimited would be?

phinnv8 said:

January 6th, 4:09 pm

Don’t even bother showing up unless your bringing firmware 4.0 to the table with a lot of improvements to the PS3 OS.

boobinz said:

January 6th, 4:47 pm

VERY COOL..THX SONY FOR THE INVITE,GREAT STUFF,CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS…NEXT! WOOOT

CanoNxFoddeR said:

January 6th, 6:17 pm

@ diablo103

They did, a massive 46″ 3D glasses free LCD:

You’ve just got to know where to look. Not everything was demonstrated at the Press Conference in detail. Thats what the show floor is for and unfortunately at these trade shows a lot of us consumers don’t get to see the really neat stuff.

Astroranagun said:

January 6th, 7:34 pm

whats jay chou doing there in CES 2011

Butters360 said:

January 6th, 8:46 pm

I still can’t decide on which is the better BRAVIA; the XBR-LX900 or the XBR-HX929. I need a theater sized BRAVIA for my house!

CanoNxFoddeR said:

January 7th, 2:14 pm

@Butters360

Well the LX900 will be cheaper than the HX929 probably. But the HX929 will have better performance (blacks etc, better LED backlight), now has built in sensor for the active shutter glasses for 3D films and games(same and LX900 now, if you’re interested in that like me)… My advise would be the HX929 is the better TV.

PAGE 1 2 3