Paragon

Jan 07

Jan 07

2011 CES Show Floor Report: MLB 11 The Show

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

Sports! If there’s two things that baseball has ever taught me it’s that 1) hot girls love the sport and 2) MLB 11 The Show faithfully recreates the favorite American pastime on the PS3. But don’t take my word for it, Jeff and I tracked down community manager Ramone Russell who gave us an in-depth look at the new (alternative) analog control mechanics, new four-player co-op mode, the 3D experience and PlayStation Move functionality.

Baseball, 3D, Move support and hot girls? Sold. Also, the above video proves that anything can happen when my camera is rolling. Now can someone grab me a hot dog?

Add Your Own

nandosupes said:

January 7th, 4:07 pm

Thanks for the video guys.I”m a huge fan of The Show,can’t wait to play it!!.

ATOMS11 said:

January 7th, 4:14 pm

This is what gets me going! By far the best baseball game that has ever been made.

mxpxboy said:

January 7th, 4:16 pm

Nice. But, when the heck are they going to change the stat overlays to look better and more like an actual MLB broadcast on tv? They’ve been the same for years!

Ramage said:

January 7th, 4:22 pm

Why’d you have to mention hot dogs! Now I’m hungry T.T. Thanks for the update though, glad to see some CES presence here :D

Revelboy said:

January 7th, 4:31 pm

co op???? pleeeeeeaseeeee tell me it will be co op both local AND ONLINE!!! if it has co op online im sold right now

justins123456 said:

January 7th, 4:36 pm

wait did they say move support is in home run derby only ? because that is stupid if it is not in the whole game, hopefuly i am mistaken. If there is move support in whole game and not just home run derby ill pick this game up if not no buy for me

remanutd5 said:

January 7th, 4:44 pm

hey Jeff i know this is way off topic but is there any PSP game at CES ? and what can we expect from sony first and second party studios after Patapon 3 ?

HatmanTc said:

January 7th, 4:57 pm

challenge of the week sounded cool up until the part where it will cost actual money. if it was credits earned in the game that would be even awesome, just can’t bring my self to pay money for trying events that i most likely would fail out or get beaten out by people that spend a lot more time playing the game than i could ever imagine. i look forward to this game, even though i am skeptical about this and the analog control schemes.

Glacier928 said:

January 7th, 5:01 pm

Sounds awesome! The only one I got was MLB ’08 but I think this year will be the year I upgrade to ’11. I know the Move support is only for Home Run Derby but that’s fine to me.

ballagh said:

January 7th, 5:03 pm

Looks amazing. Cant wait to play this in 3D.

shadowlusterx said:

January 7th, 5:20 pm

I saw no hot girls. =(

Train1999 said:

January 7th, 5:21 pm

MLB 11 will be the better game. Looking forward to PS Move controllers. I live for this.

xXiRoNcHaOzXx said:

January 7th, 5:38 pm

ima get that reamote

NEJI64 said:

January 7th, 5:56 pm

I was looking to get a new Dualshock, I’ll wait to get that one now.

TallCrowe said:

January 7th, 6:45 pm

Looks great. Two questions, on the other console in the background that was Little Big Planet 2 right? Also the dude with long hair was that Lincecum?

OCDog45 said:

January 7th, 6:59 pm

I get this game every year, i can’t wait.

PullusPardusUS said:

January 7th, 8:13 pm

what is that camera on top of the tv?, new PSEye?

bbonds_007 said:

January 7th, 8:36 pm

Im guessing Move is in Home Run derby only because its not accurate enough or just too hard for 1/1 use and thus needs a lot of auto aim help, so they only put it in the arcadey home run derby mode.

bbonds_007 said:

January 7th, 8:37 pm

@18

lol looks like a mini Kinect!

AhoyThere said:

January 7th, 9:07 pm

Analog controls, huh? Will have to go over the demo to see if it’s worth getting this year.

CAPNDigital said:

January 7th, 9:13 pm

I had a feeling Ramone Russell’s exit from the ModNation Monday blog had something to do with MLB 11 The Show. Good luck Ramone on this title…

MoneyMaker110 said:

January 7th, 9:14 pm

that thing on the tv is likely for 3D

PHIBALNATION said:

January 7th, 9:32 pm

Can’t wait!! Jeff I hope you gave him some philly smashings in the game. May the fouraces be with you!!! starring R2C2 Roy,Roy,Cole,Cliff.

andim2 said:

January 7th, 10:37 pm

This game is going to be sick with the analog controls. I’m going to get both MLB games this year for PS3, and I am going to get the MLB special edition controller. I just wish that they made a Philadelphia Phillies controller.

PHIBALNATION said:

January 7th, 11:25 pm

andim2 don’t jump on the bandwagon now, I looked up your ea sports persona and your not using philly teams in other sports games, hmm weird, I think we have a front runner on our hands, but I’m sure you won’t be the only one this year using the phillies.

Jeigh said:

January 8th, 2:46 am

Unbe-freakin-lievable. This game gets better every year, but this one seems like it’s king of the heap (granted, this is to be expected but…).

One thing has always struck me about sports games that made them just look horrible: the crowds. Look at pretty much any annual sports title in the past- muddy messes as if painted with runny water colors. Then I see this video and to my amazement– THEY LOOK LIKE PEOPLE!! Nevermind that everything looks better: lighting, grass, character models, dirt. You guys need to slip this footage onto a sports channel and see how long it takes for people to realize they’re watching a digital simulation.

You guys rock. This is THE Baseball game to beat (not bloody likely to happen).

Kid_Fleetfoot said:

January 8th, 4:18 am

When the video baseball game talk starts, I begin to think of Spring. And that’s a good thing. The only trouble is when Spring Training arrives, there’s still snow on the ground. :(
However, I still like the baseball chatter and I’m looking forward to this game.
Nice controller. :)

JTStarkiller said:

January 8th, 7:40 am

Please fix online. That’s all I ask for. Online is ALWAYS laggy for me (which really ruins the game and makes it unplayable), and I have a great connection. It’d really be the perfect baseball game if online worked.

John_Oval said:

January 8th, 9:34 am

Woah…hey now…hot girls love hockey, too

theultimatenub said:

January 8th, 10:59 am

looks great

EnigmaNemesis said:

January 8th, 11:46 am

Best baseball series of all time, and it gets better and better.

I will be in the San Diego Studios this Monday thru Thursday evening going over the game with Ramone and all of them.

Can not wait!

Sum-Mischief said:

January 8th, 11:56 am

Its just a konwn fact PS3 has the Best Baseball game out there in MLB …. Great Interview Jeff :)

Vabor said:

January 8th, 12:03 pm

Great video, love the controller, but why Move control for only the HR derby? What about in other game modes?

khalidcedeno said:

January 8th, 4:18 pm

if only that controller came in a Yankees paint scheme or any MLB team for that matter think about it sony for the future

khalidcedeno said:

January 8th, 4:56 pm

@ 18 and anyone else thats wondering what that camera looking thing on top of the tv its actually the 3D transmitter that sends the signal to the 3D glasses

kenkraly2004 said:

January 9th, 12:48 am

@Jeff Rubenstein or @ Playstation can you get the free 30 day trail of MLB.TV if you pre-order the game from amazon.com?

loadstone007 said:

January 9th, 2:21 pm

Yeah… what’s with the new camera on the Sony Bravia? Is that a new PS Eye? Mini Kinect?? :)

InsaneDiego said:

January 12th, 2:52 pm

Move support only in Home Run Derby? Oh please. Why even bother? This is what Move is made for and you can’t get your exclusive top baseball game to use it? So sad. I’ve been looking forward to the version that used Move ever since it was announced in June and this is what the hullabalu was about?

showtimefolks said:

January 13th, 5:04 am

just one question.

WILL THE FRANCHISE MODE FINALLY SEE SOME IMPROVEMENTS?

I should not be able to trade pujols for bunch of no names.

better FA signing period
a off season FA show
better trades
make/edit a stadium
set prices for every thing and i mean everything
etc,,,,