God of War

Jan 14

Jan 14

PlayStation Move Heroes Shipping March 22nd, Pre-order Bonuses Detailed

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

PlayStation Move Heroes

We’re happy to kick off the New Year by announcing that the PS3 exclusive, PlayStation Move Heroes will be shipping this March 22nd!

PlayStation Move Heroes for PS3

PlayStation Move Heroes for PS3PlayStation Move Heroes for PS3

The team at Nihilistic Software has been hard at work over the last few months putting together a very unique experience for fans of Jak, Daxter, Sly, Bentley, Ratchet and Clank. PlayStation Move Heroes is going to give you the chance to step into the shoes of these iconic PlayStation characters and supply beatdowns to enemies and complete challenges across various stages from all three series.

We’ve also worked with Nihilistic and our retail partners to bring you an exclusive skin pack featuring Pirate Sly, Freedom League Jak and Trillium Armor Ratchet. Free with your pre-order at participating retailers!

PlayStation Move Heroes: Sly Pirate PlayStation Move Heroes: Ratchet Trillium PlayStation Move Heroes: Jak Freedom

Just place your reservation today with Amazon or GameStop and guarantee access to these skins the day PlayStation Move Heroes launches.

Keep an eye out here as we reveal more information on the story surrounding our heroes and share some exciting new features, levels, and challenges you’ll find when battling your way through PlayStation Move Heroes.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Hellman said:

January 14th, 10:04 am

Calm down Sony to many games!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 12:06 pm

Sorry, we can’t keep the awesome away.

FeistFan said:

January 14th, 10:09 am

Haven’t picked up the Move yet — wish they’d had a better discount for those who already own an Eye. This just might be a game that helps tip the balance — looks like a blast!

Neil said:

January 14th, 10:12 am

Definitely gonna get this.

JesseHaysFL said:

January 14th, 10:12 am

Not really my cup of tea however this game keeps looking better and better, I think you can call me a convert!

SO I have to move wands and two navs….how will I use them with this game?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 12:08 pm

We’ll have a video up soon showing how it all works together. The Move controller will be used in a variety of ways, the Nav controller (of DS3 if you’re so inclined) will be used to uh, navigate your favorite character =)

You can also check out the recent videos from CES here and on GameSpot!

TomHoang said:

January 14th, 10:13 am

Wow, earlier than expected. I’ll have to get a navigation controller for this and Sorcery.

Lugia_EX said:

January 14th, 10:20 am

Sony,

Do you realize this game is gonna kill Tomb Raider Trilogy if both come out the same day?

remanutd5 said:

January 14th, 10:20 am

LOL i knew it , this is why Motorstorm Apocalypse got an April released date right ? anyways im getting both games but come on guys couldnt you done a MSA simultaneous worldwide release ? europe is getting the game a month earlier than us , oh well , first party line up these months is crazy LBP 2, Killzone 3 , Heroes on the Move ( oops i like it better ) , Motorstorm Apocalypse in the first months of the year , very very good , sounds like a holidays line up to me lol

vanwinkle said:

January 14th, 10:29 am

I’ll be getting it. Now why doesn’t Sony focus on making some more Move-exclusive games? It’s a great piece of hardware that can’t show its full potential if it’s only an option for games that can also use a Dualshock. The only titles announced for this year are this and Sorcery (which we know next to nothing about and for which there’s been no new information since E3). You can’t help but wonder how much more successful Move would be if Sony gave it more of their time and attention. I don’t want to make it where they only do Move-exclusive titles but throw us some more bones here.

DeathGazer said:

January 14th, 10:30 am

Ahhhhhh! Too many games!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 12:10 pm

Right?! It’s a never-ending deluge of gaming sweetness.

Brook-O_C said:

January 14th, 10:41 am

Is there an actual storyline to this game or is it just a big collection of minigames? Also, way too many PS3 exclusives this year for me to handle (that’s not a complaint, btw)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 12:11 pm

Great question. There’s actually a full story surrounding the game and why they’re all together (more on that later).

ESIASON7 said:

January 14th, 10:51 am

Just pre orered this and Team ICO collection! God im gonna be so broke this year, so many games to buy! Still hopinf FF Versus 13 is PS3 exclusive!

scorpio808 said:

January 14th, 10:54 am

This is definately on my list to get this year. I love the concept of all the characters on one game. Hey SONY, why not try the Helgast versus the Chimera…

ShadowOfEden said:

January 14th, 11:01 am

Jak’s helmeth looks like an Helghan’s…

whitwhit said:

January 14th, 11:07 am

question…. where is the box art for the game? is there one incoming that we can see?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 12:11 pm

Incoming! Check back in a few weeks.

ESIASON7 said:

January 14th, 11:12 am

SONY i just wanted to mention this: could you spread out the date just little more next time? Move Heroes is 1 week before Team ICO Collection and some people still get paid every other week. Just a thought. I pre ordered both already though. Keep the games coming!

MARLLOW-X said:

January 14th, 11:20 am

Please stop making games. Way too many these days.

Dustinwp said:

January 14th, 11:21 am

Just pre-ordered from Amazon! PlayStation Move Heroes is the main reason I bought the Move bundle,extra controller, and two navigation controllers. March 22nd can’t come soon enough! I hope it won’t suffer any delays.

ckpotc said:

January 14th, 11:24 am

I can’t wait to get this game even though I never played a game with any of these characters.

TomHoang said:

January 14th, 11:24 am

@Lugia_EX

The TR Trilogy is a Square Enix release, not a Sony release. So I don’t think Sony really cares too much.

G-Force08 said:

January 14th, 11:25 am

Awesome! This will be a great game for my PS Move for sure! I will get this game no doubt! This year is robbing me, but at least I’ll have fun playing all these great games while being broke! =p

Great job guys. :)

BigPoppaB said:

January 14th, 11:25 am

Will this be $39.99 like other MOVE games?

ACDarkKnight said:

January 14th, 11:30 am

Wasn’t this game called Heroes on the Move? Just wondering when the name changed. Looks great, I’m with BigPoppaB though, is this a 39.99 Move title?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 12:12 pm

It was the working title. We revealed the official name late last year.

ACDarkKnight said:

January 14th, 11:31 am

Scratch that, Gamestop.com is listing it at $39.99. Mystery solved!

Yur_EpitaphAisle said:

January 14th, 11:44 am

As excited for this game as I am. There is a new problem…well, its actually quite old…it all started when I went to post a forum topic about gaming in 3D and how awesome it is on my Sony Bravia with the new Bravia Engine 3.

The forum is down…I cant access the TrendMicro Security page via my PS3…it says “Please click the button below to return to the previous page.”…kinda like when your PC has a virus and you are prevented from accessing the solutions to cure it. What if I need to activate my Trend Micro Secuirty app…I cant do that now.

SCEA, I think its time to admit whats been going on for years now…there IS a virus on the PS3 systems. Your message system CAN be ‘hijaked’ thru faking a message header. The PSN is NOT as safe as you claim.

THE_REVOLUTION said:

January 14th, 11:48 am

motion controller only or navigation controller too?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 12:14 pm

Move controller required. You can use the DualShock 3 controller, but the Nav provides the optimal experience.

LordRaoh said:

January 14th, 11:50 am

I would have been more interested if it had a larger list of Playstation mascots..

playing as nathan drake, nathan hale, capelli, snake, kratos, a customized sackboy, etc..

that I would be pumped for. this seems a bit niche to me..

It originally had a smash bros feel to it but then i noticed that all the characters were mentioned. missed opportunity if you ask me.

dragonmagician said:

January 14th, 11:51 am

Now we just need release dates for Sorcery and ICO Collection.

LordRaoh said:

January 14th, 11:51 am

@ 15 ESIASON7

LOL, your asking too much, sony released Gran Turismo 5 on december 24th after most of the holiday shopping was done.

japanese titles translated into american released on the same day as other major releases.

marketing and release dates are just something sony does not do.

Kane22_ said:

January 14th, 11:55 am

Please tell me this wont be some mini game crap. cause i wont spend $40 on a mini game. im hoping this is an all out action adventure game.

krae_man said:

January 14th, 11:59 am

Sorry Sony, not interrested. Tomb Raider HD collection gets my money March 22nd instead.

ssjmichael said:

January 14th, 12:11 pm

Why did you guys mess up the title so badly?

HEROES ON THE MOVE >>>>>>>>>>> Playstation Move Heroes.

Hire me as your marketing guy Sony, I’ll make the right decisions for you.

fsavoie said:

January 14th, 12:21 pm

Is there online coop in that game?

fraz17 said:

January 14th, 12:23 pm

Who is providing the voice of Jak? Is it Mike Erwin?

remanutd5 said:

January 14th, 12:26 pm

yes im with fsavoie , is there online co op on Heroes on the Move ?

KazeEternal said:

January 14th, 12:36 pm

Just because R&C are in this and the price tag is a sweet spot I’ve decided to put the pre-order down. However we need more details, I feel like I know next to nothing about this game other than it supports the Move, has PlayStation Characters, and that there was some work getting Sly to mix and match with the other characters due to some aesthetic choices.

StargamerX said:

January 14th, 12:36 pm

@33: I’m curious as well. Do all of the characters have their original voices? Plus, are there cutscenes?

Zinacef said:

January 14th, 12:53 pm

Is Playstation Heroes Ratchet & Clank 3 or 4, can’t remember which was next in the line….

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 1:25 pm

Neither. The next Ratchet & Clank is Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One =)

TheGuardianFID said:

January 14th, 12:58 pm

SOLD!!! 8)

Zarxce said:

January 14th, 1:00 pm

If there was a Move bundle that came with this instead of Sports Champions, that would definitely be the final nudge to convince me to pick one up. Just saying…

Trexroarr said:

January 14th, 1:08 pm

Do we HAVE to own PlayStation Move in order to play the game, or is it only “highly suggested”?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 1:27 pm

It’s absolutely required. The only option is whether or not you use the Nav controller of DualShock 3 controller to maneuver the characters.

darthlego said:

January 14th, 1:10 pm

When are you going to reveal the bad guy? Or what franchise he is from?

plaztiksyke said:

January 14th, 1:14 pm

Does the game render in 1080p natively when in 2D mode?

Who is composing/performing the music?

Will the music and audio assets be HD quality?

Aside from Heavy Rain, I was disappointed by the graphical and audio quality of the Move games to date. It’s like a 2-year step backward. Hopefully this one brings things back up to the HD audio/video quality what we have come to expect from PS3 exclusive titles.

poodude said:

January 14th, 1:39 pm

Interesting, I was expecting the game to realse in the holidays.

tek0409 said:

January 14th, 1:41 pm

cool can we expect any bonus characters making a apperence in the game

morph147 said:

January 14th, 1:45 pm

will this game be only able to play with the move?

D-Roca said:

January 14th, 2:08 pm

Change the name back to HEROES ON THE MOVE!!!

Jawshoeahhtree said:

January 14th, 2:19 pm

So does this mean no Mustachio costume for Ratchet? LAME!!!
whats that i hear? DLC Costumes? Yes Please!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 14th, 3:06 pm

This is only one set, you never know what’s going to be in the game. Well, actually I do but I can’t tell you ;)

digitalman123 said:

January 14th, 2:46 pm

@47: Mustachio Furioso FTW man…
A game for my Move that I want! Woo!

sleepy92 said:

January 14th, 2:48 pm

I have my Move and navigation controllers ready. I’m getting this game day 1. I just wish the Sly pre order costume was more robotic like the other 2.

So far so good with keeping all these PS3 exclusive release dates spaced out. I have LBP2 for January, Killzone 3 for February, Playstation Move heroes and Team Ico Collection for March and Motorstorm Apocalypse for April. It would be perfect if Socom 4 came out in may, inFAMOUS 2 in June, Sorcery in July, Twisted Metal in August, Resistance 3 in September, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One in October, Uncharted 3 in November and The Last Guardian in December.

Thank you so much SCE for getting all your developers to make us plenty of amazing games to play in 2011.

angeleus09 said:

January 14th, 2:50 pm

OMG you guys are KILLING me! Of course I have to snag this as a Move enhanced platformer featuring some of my favorite characters is a no brainer. I’ve already picked up DCUO (great game btw) then LBP2 and Mass Effect 2 next week followed by Dead Space 2 and Two Worlds 2 the week after… then Killzone 3 in February, this piece of awesome in March as well as hopefully Sorcery and then did I hear Motostorm Apocalypse in April?!?!? Sooooo many amazing games and such fantastic exclusives… PS3 just went into juggernaut mode.

PAGE 1 2