Paragon

Jan 25

Jan 25

Dead Space 2 Terrorizes PS3 Today, Limited Edition Includes Dead Space: Extraction

Steve Papoutsis's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, Dead Space 2

Dead Space 2

The Dead Space 2 team and I are super stoked that Dead Space 2 is now finally out and people are getting to play it. We have been anxiously awaiting this day to hear what gamers think of what we have been working on. The PS3 Limited Edition version of Dead Space 2 is crazy — it not only includes Dead Space 2, but it also has Dead Space Extraction. That means you can get your MOVE ON with Dead Space Extraction, and you can play it solo or in co-op as well.

Dead Space 2 for PS3Dead Space 2 for PS3

Making Dead Space 2 has been a blast, getting to see everyone’s speculation on what the game was going to be about, if we lost our minds and cut out the horror, or if we were making some sort of ninja-puzzle-adventure game. Now is the time to see what the final version Dead Space 2 is all about.

From my perspective, the team did a fantastic job. This is the game I’m most proud of being a part of. The game feels better, looks better, has bigger moments, and even includes multiplayer for the first time. I really hope you like it!

Head out now to your local game store and get a copy of the Collector’s Edition — if you can still find it — or the Limited Edition and start dismembering Necromorphs today. If you want to keep up on the game and maybe get your multiplayer on, follow me on Twitter: @leveluptime.

Thanks again and please let us know what you think of the game.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

PointBlank771 said:

January 25th, 12:50 pm

Why is it that PS3 always has issues the first couple of days of a game’s new release? Anyway Dead Space 2 is amazing and the HD upgrade of Extraction are top notch. Also the collector’s ed. is very well made, the box looks amazing as well as the plasma cutter gun. great job Viseral!

obliviate96 said:

January 25th, 12:54 pm

Is the limited edition the standard edition?

Berae said:

January 25th, 12:56 pm

Well I have been playing it for like 2-3 hours, I’m a bit after the train section and I must say it is awesome so far! Good job!

Gas0linE said:

January 25th, 12:58 pm

Yep, Im glad I baught it on the other console! I knew that if I were to get suckered into the ps3 version, the psn would be holding it back somehow. Looks like I made teh right choice at its completely flawless on the other console! GG Sony.

VofEscaflowne said:

January 25th, 1:00 pm

Why are people complaining about the codes not working? Use the free 2 day trial… by the time it expires, the code problem will be resolved.

As for those wondering about Extraction, it is included with the first shipment of the game of the regular edition. It should have the “Limited Edition” banner at the top and states at the bottom of the case that Extraction is included. I bought mine this morning and I’m playing it right now actually. It is an install on the disc itself which you can access from the XMB, 3.5GB I believe. Once installed, it’ll require the disc to play.

Neozeed_99 said:

January 25th, 1:15 pm

Great Game!… lots of jump out of your seat moments :O

LilWayneSuckz said:

January 25th, 1:21 pm

I pre-ordered and bought “Dead Space 2,” hasn’t gotten here yet but I felt the need to support this franchise and Playstation even more.

Keep up the good work!

Kchow23 said:

January 25th, 1:21 pm

this game is sick… LITERALLY!

Zilas said:

January 25th, 1:35 pm

Just picked up my Limited Edition copy of Dead Space 2, and as a bonus for purchasing at futureshop, I received a copy of Dead Space Downfall. I think ill watch it while Dead Space Extraction installs. So much Dead Space ^_^

Berae said:

January 25th, 1:40 pm

@55 Gas0line

hmmm shut up dude… good for you if you have bought it on another console but we dont care.. Its the playstation blog here.
Btw the thing you are referring to is so minor in fact it dosnt even affect anything because you can use the trial

Oh and by the way… have a good time with extraction.. oh sry you dont have it. My mistake.

LilWayneSuckz said:

January 25th, 2:50 pm

@55

I’m playing it right now and I have no problems whatsoever.

The only problem would be if you’re playing it on the 360, having to change discs midgame and a system that sounds like a lawnmower preparing to takeoff is an inconvenience regardless.

sournuts87 said:

January 25th, 3:02 pm

IS DINO CRISIS 2 COMING TO PSN STORE THIS YEAR PLEASE RESPOND…………..

so-knee said:

January 25th, 4:42 pm

Honestly from the past couple hours of playing it, I have to say this is the best horror game I’ve ever played. Extraction is incredible too. A thousand thanks to everyone at Visceral.

NotoriousGamer said:

January 25th, 5:46 pm

Is Dead Space 2 getting a Home public game space?? no?

footballrule said:

January 25th, 5:51 pm

Played it for a litle bit. It looks great! Can’t wait to get back on Dead Space 2. :)

jrivera0108 said:

January 25th, 6:50 pm

Didn’t plan on buying this game since I’m still enjoying LBP2, but once I saw that Extraction was with it (for freeee!)I had to get it. Happy to use my Move for something other than Sports Champions! But now its on pause so my wife can watch the State of the Union. Ugh.

hush404 said:

January 25th, 8:09 pm

So NOW we get clarification? I’ve been looking through forums for weeks trying to find a straight answer to whether or not the LE version of DS2 for PS3 came with extraction. Could of used a heads up before hand as TONS of people were confused as to whether or not it did.

Street_Killaz said:

January 25th, 10:05 pm

Grabing this game next week!

IrishPete333 said:

January 26th, 5:02 am

Bought it yesterday and played a couple hours. I am loving it so far.

LordRaoh said:

January 26th, 11:07 am

got to play it for a while after the state of the union address last night.

I jumped a few times. The score is just wonderful, perfect placement and great audio. The movement is more fluid. Text for items seem to be a little harder to read but not that big of a deal.

Running around in a straight jacket and walking through the mess hall with nothing but a flash light.. OMG..

Resident Evil has officially been replaced.

Thank you Visceral Games for your hard work, and thank you sony for working out a deal for getting Dead Space Extraction bundled with the limited edition.

BINK1234 said:

January 26th, 11:24 am

Does Dead Space Extraction require the use of Move or can it be played using the DualShock?
Thanks!!

crashfellow said:

January 26th, 6:15 pm

Hope someone can help.

For some reason Dead Space Extraction isn’t picking up the move controller. When i go into calibrate in the ps3 system menu the green light shows up and works, but when i go into the game, it doesn’t light up the ball at the front and doesn’t have any interaction in the game (other then pressing the PS button and getting the menu to show up).

Anybody have any idea why this may be?

AMUSSIO said:

January 27th, 11:26 am

I’m having the same problem with my game not recognizing my move controller. It works perfectly fine during calibration and the bundled in sports game, but pressing start or any other button at the dead space extraction title screen doesn’t do anything. I’m playing off the limited edition disk btw, not the psn store version.

gamer5297 said:

January 27th, 3:41 pm

i want to get it

Swibek said:

January 28th, 9:30 am

will they create a stereoscopic patch for ps3…

imjongabriel said:

January 28th, 2:12 pm

Having same problem with move controller. When i try to calibrate ps3 states that it is moving too much to calibrate when the controller is not moving at all.

sangnariu88 said:

February 2nd, 9:20 am

Hey, I just bought the Limited Edition and it didn’t came with the online pass code! Now what, I pay 60 bucks for a new game and I can’t play online??

sangnariu88 said:

February 2nd, 2:02 pm

Ok, I contacted EA Support and they sent me a code via e-mail. Thanks EA for the nice work and the great game!

NMEIMAGE said:

February 6th, 8:03 am

Played through on easy and am now going round 2 as survivalist, BUT I am in new game+ so I can keep my stuff from previous playthrough. I still jump at the shocks and tell myself “damnit self, you knew that was coming! Why you getting scared?!” Love the game but If this is how survivalist is, I cant imagine Zealot or Hardcore. I think its gonna be so difficult, it’ll suck the fun out of it. However, that Hand Cannon for beating Hardcore sounds intriguing, but useless since you just beat it on most difficult level.

Also, for those not understanding it

The Collectors Edition has a Limited Edition Game plus the non-game extras in it.
The Limited Edition is the limited quantities first pressing of game that includes Extraction.
Once supplies run out, There is the Standard DS2 that doesnt have Extraction, but you can buy it in PSN store.

IONHAWK said:

February 7th, 11:21 am

Loved the game overall, scared the crap out of me in several places. But I did feel a sense of bloat towards the end, as if the game was being artificially extended just by throwing whole bunches of monsters at you. The whole last level felt cheap with hardly any health/ammo drops – sure the ones you kill drop stuff but there’s hardly any time to pick it up as when one falls, another one seemed to spawn immediately. The last part needed more balancing, IMHO.
But still, just like with Deadspace back in 2009, I already think Deadspace 2 will be one of my top 5 games this year.

PAGE 1 2