Paragon

Jan 26

Jan 26

PS3 System Software Update (v3.56)

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, PlayStation Network

A new PS3 system software update, v3.56, will be released soon. This is a minor update that adds a security patch.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 20

JoseTK2 said:

January 26th, 6:59 pm

Sony, I’m sorry but hackers will never stop… I’ll give the hackers a week so they can hack the PS3 again, and then you are going to make us download another minor update?

SiR_GuiDO-Legend said:

January 26th, 6:59 pm

yay. thanks u butthole hackers for spending 90min of my LIFE! exuse me while i watch the update bar slowly move

BiezulbubBill69 said:

January 26th, 6:59 pm

YES GO SONY GO! I KNEW you wouldn’t let us down! I KNEW you’d fix this mess! SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XScreamingEagleX said:

January 26th, 6:59 pm

yeah! Sony, go get them hacker SOB.

CgM_ASN-FUZION said:

January 26th, 7:00 pm

I’m pretty sure that if it keep shutting off at 15%-25%, then you’re banned.

JoseTK2 said:

January 26th, 7:00 pm

@mystikalguy

tomorrow we have more than 1000!! LOL

dan5000 said:

January 26th, 7:00 pm

weak:(

mystikalguy said:

January 26th, 7:00 pm

@ 194 ntipton_03

LOL

Xx-PatQc-xX said:

January 26th, 7:01 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FINALY AT 60 % IT JUST FLEW TO 100%. THANKS SONY FOR WASTING 1H30 OF MY LIFE.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

SiR_GuiDO-Legend said:

January 26th, 7:01 pm

whendo we get steam? i wanna teabag some headcrab zombies

velvetshark said:

January 26th, 7:02 pm

I just bought my PS3. As in, about an hour and a half ago. I came home and updated to 3.55. That I expected. Then the update to 3.56 came out, and I thought no big deal.

I have been trying to update to 3.56 for almost 2 hours. It keeps failing (gets between 20-40 and dies). I spent $400 (bought the Move version) and I can’t use this @%$@# thing. My Xbox 360 works perfectly, of course, and did right out of the box.

Is this the kind of service/support/failure I can expect from Sony in the future?

mystikalguy said:

January 26th, 7:02 pm

@ 202 JoseTK2

True

Lol XD

twistedfloyd said:

January 26th, 7:03 pm

Can I play Modern Warfare and MW2 now without it being hacked?

Undertaker420 said:

January 26th, 7:03 pm

why does everyone cry about udates?The hackers have made gaming unplayable so i welcome all the udates sony can give us.it only takes like 30min. big deal.just start the udate and go clean house or watch a tv show.id be ok with an update every week or two.

Scooby341 said:

January 26th, 7:03 pm

Am trying for the 6th time am finally to 34% and still going. highest before that was 14%

MaD-KGN-GaMeR10 said:

January 26th, 7:03 pm

i cant get passed 20%.. i have a normal ps3 no burnt games its not modded or anything stupid sony i remember when i first got it last year had the same problem with a different update cant remember wat one though.

xxnike629xx said:

January 26th, 7:04 pm

Oh?!

Finally a firmware update for the PS3? I guess they’re trying to play cat-n-mouse with these hackers.

=P

I don’t support video game piracy at all, neither does GeoHotz. He even said that his “work” isn’t for playing pirated games.

Anyway, hopefully this will at least make it harder and harder for these obvious hackers that are hacking and cheating their way through getting all the trophies and making everyone’s experience playing games online miserable.

I read that Call of Duty Black Ops is one of the recent games that have a big time issue with hackers yet Trearch isn’t doing anything about it. Maybe it’s time for Sony to step him and give that guy the ban hammer.

=D

PoiSoN-OxyGeN said:

January 26th, 7:04 pm

Error.. wth ??????

Dragun619 said:

January 26th, 7:04 pm

I dunno about you guys, but I was able to update seamlessly without any difficulties.

You could download it through their Sony’s Site and just put it on a USB drive and install it that way.

I also hear people with Jailbroken/cfw PS3s are having difficulties.

TenreiX5 said:

January 26th, 7:04 pm

I like the Security updates.. Dam moders/hackers/other no life like individuals like that just need to just go out and get a real job.

Keep up the good work and PLEASE release a NEW FEATURE Update. Like Cross Game Chat would be REALLY nice.. Just talked a XBOX Only person to Sell his XBOX and become a Brother of PLAYSTATION. Sucks when you say “yeah PS3 doesn’t have Cross game chat like Xbox does” IT HURTS SONY IT HURTS!!

Anyway Keep up the good work.

killemall10300 said:

January 26th, 7:05 pm

This sucks still can’t get the update. There goes my plan of playing some black Ops before bed.

Undertaker420 said:

January 26th, 7:05 pm

its funny i downloading the udate in like 15 min with no problems.

BigBadBob113 said:

January 26th, 7:05 pm

Tried to update and failed. Looks like I’m saying good night to the PlayStation and hello to the 360 for the night.

SiR_GuiDO-Legend said:

January 26th, 7:05 pm

im watchin ancient aliens to pas the the time……..O LOOK ITS DONE!!!! YAY…………instaling 1………………2……………………..3…………………….4…………………………….5………

Chaos200786 said:

January 26th, 7:06 pm

This is me hoping Sony can find a way to block all the gaming pirates that are going to try and pirate the hell out of the PS3. Homebrew sure, piracy, I don’t think so.

MaD-KGN-GaMeR10 said:

January 26th, 7:06 pm

wheres the link.. i checked the only update i found capable of download off the site was 3.55 i already go it.. its 3.56 thats messing with everyone.

MaD-KGN-GaMeR10 said:

January 26th, 7:08 pm

@dragun619

FadeToOne said:

January 26th, 7:08 pm

When’s the last time we got a substantial update?

SiR_GuiDO-Legend said:

January 26th, 7:09 pm

im done! good luck to rest of u PSN-ers!

mystikalguy said:

January 26th, 7:09 pm

Hey Kevin Butler, how will i know if this Firmware 3.56 fixes the Hackers issue?

Kevin Bulter – YOU DON’T!!!!

Lasani said:

January 26th, 7:09 pm

WE DONT WANT SECURITY PATCH”S
Please give us something else…
I am sick of these security patch’s that add’s nothing new.

pvwr said:

January 26th, 7:10 pm

Again? When will you guys give us something useful, such as MKV playback? Even crappy DVD and BluRay players can do it, why not a powerhouse as the PS3? It standard for many years, and yet, the PS3 lacks support.

vinnydery said:

January 26th, 7:10 pm

error 80710723 on uptade v.3.56 stoped at 48%. I would like to have some explanation…

clupula668 said:

January 26th, 7:10 pm

I hope that everyone here who says anything positive about the hackers finds their IP and their account banned. Remember when we used to get all sorts of features with each update and they were something to look forward to? Then that smug moron, GeoHot hacked the system through the OtherOS, and now look what we get. I don’t blame Sony for this. I blame the hackers. They’ve ruined it for everyone.

Wrigley_Chill said:

January 26th, 7:11 pm

That’s one way to provide better security. Prevent users from downloading the entire patch!

Toshi_TNE said:

January 26th, 7:11 pm

HEHE, just checked PSX-scene. Hackers updated their tools and can now unpack the new update. CFW will probably be out tomorrow. Good job SONY. Give us cross game chat instead of wasting your time trying to stop hackers. Your keys were leaked for gods sake, you’re already screwed.

hidengo09 said:

January 26th, 7:11 pm

I have read though all these pages just because my playstation wouldn’t update. I’m surprised there are no xbot anywhere.

kyorml007 said:

January 26th, 7:11 pm

i managed to download the update at my first try, so no problem with me.

darrstr said:

January 26th, 7:12 pm

Thanks again psn for screwing up my console! Why must I download your patch to play a game? Now the stupid patch will not download and my console is useless!!!!!!! I did not buy this console to have it sit there! So far most of the downloads have only added headaches and adds that I am forced to wade through to get to the game I want to play, WHY? I still can not believe I actually have to see adds everytime I try to play! I did not agree to this kind of forced advertising! You really make me want to switch to XBOX!

mineakey said:

January 26th, 7:12 pm

I agree that changes are needed. I have an original 60 gig that I have had no problems with (yes the L fell out of playstation 2 weeks after purchase, must have been a warning). My first real complaint is fallout 3, stupid loading and freezing. So I upgraded to a 128gig SSD and now I am happy again. Let’s get a better browser or a pandora app now!

vza004 said:

January 26th, 7:13 pm

Stuck at 48%
First time got a download error lol.

SmashBro6490 said:

January 26th, 7:13 pm

WHY CAN I STILL NOT ORGANIZE MY PSN GAMES BY NAME ALPHABETICALLY? IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO DO THAT?! JESUS CHRIST, SONY!

halowars7 said:

January 26th, 7:14 pm

Always Fails at 15%! 3rd try now!

GoWJr said:

January 26th, 7:14 pm

Hehehehehe, ok… no cool things… BUT, thanks anyway Sony. Let put this hakers down!!!

MaD-KGN-GaMeR10 said:

January 26th, 7:14 pm

i wonder if copying movies off your computer onto your hard drive mess’s up the download cause that’s all i do besides play nhl 11

Cousy74 said:

January 26th, 7:14 pm

70 minutes after!!!

Not sure what worked. I turned off the modem , router and PS3. 9 tries and it finaly worked. Big problem Sony!

derek31539 said:

January 26th, 7:14 pm

I’m patched. Good luck to those of you who are still experiencing problems with the update, I hope Sony get’s it sorted out quickly.

gd0495 said:

January 26th, 7:15 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

ajayghosal said:

January 26th, 7:15 pm

all sony does is security patches!! cross game chat?? custom soundtrack for all games? instant messages??

nathan_a said:

January 26th, 7:15 pm

Wow .. installing. fingers crossed. Best of luck to everyone .. only took me 75 minutes and 10 tries.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 20