Spider-Man PS4

Feb 08

Feb 08

Plants vs Zombies hits PSN Today With All The Trimmings

Jeff Green's Avatar Posted by Director of Editorial and Social Media, PopCap Games

Hi again! It’s me, Jeff from PopCap. You might remember me from such blog posts as the one I wrote on January 28th in this very space, announcing that Plants Vs Zombies was coming to the PlayStation Network! If you missed that announcement, don’t worry, since I just said it again in that last sentence. So now you’re totally caught up with everyone else and don’t have to feel all left out and ornery! Yay!

So now that we’re all caught up, I have even better news for you today: Plants Vs. Zombies is available NOW (read: soon!) on PSN for a measly $14.99. In a short time, you can close this window this second and start pummeling those infernal, annoying, and dentally-challenged zombies with your loyal, brave army of peashooters and cabbage-pults and gloom shrooms right from the comfort of your very own PlayStation!

Plants vs Zombies for PS3 (PSN)

I know you want details, rather than more of my dribble, so here’s what I can tell you. Plants Vs Zombies has:

• 50 Adventure levels. The complete, original game.
  • Five modes. Adventure, Puzzle, Mini-Games, Survival, and everyone’s favorite, the bliss-inducing Zen Garden.
  • Co-op and Versus Play. Team up with a friend or challenge them by each choosing a side—plants or zombies.
  • 21 mini-games. Fight the fun-dead in minigames like Zombatany, Wall-nut Bowling and Heavy Weapon.
  • Interactive leaderboard. Upgrade to bigger & better houses as you progress and stroll through the leaderboard neighborhood to see your friends’ digs.
  • 12 Trophies. Earn awesome ornaments to decorate your lawn.

Plants vs Zombies for PS3 (PSN)Plants vs Zombies for PS3 (PSN)

And that’s really all I know. I’ll be happy to stick around to answer questions. Just try to keep it relatively civil because my therapist says I need to avoid hostile situations ever since I punched that stupid old lady next to me on the plane because she wouldn’t give me the armrest.

Oh yeah, and enjoy the game!

Add Your Own

zekececil14 said:

February 8th, 4:37 pm

Added to #97
Plus im in Ohio. (EST time) We are a couple of hours ahead. One time it wasn’t posted until after midnight. I don’t complain though because I know it will be there.

rpmacedo said:

February 8th, 4:38 pm

Jeff is the best. Very funny post, I love it. I like to add my name to the request of must have the list. MOVE SUPPORT PLEASE!

alx681 said:

February 8th, 4:39 pm

its a good thing you changed NOW to soon.. its been 4 hours since that post and still no store update.. i want my dose of PvZ and Stacking

poodude said:

February 8th, 4:40 pm

K, Jeff your hilarious responses are enough to make me want this game.

timmy19888 said:

February 8th, 4:51 pm

cost to much. come out with some games without trophies. tired of people saying trophies are the only reason they want it and nonsense like that.

kirafung said:

February 8th, 4:54 pm

Oh, if I am not little tight on my budget, I will just jump right on to it.

Just curious, is it possible to plug in the mouse and keyboard and play with it? My PS3 is sitting just right next to my desktop. Anyway, another +1 for move support.

theultimatenub said:

February 8th, 4:58 pm

cool might be picking this up soon

shadysaiyanz said:

February 8th, 5:00 pm

You’re a funny guy Jeff :D

megachevpro said:

February 8th, 5:02 pm

Wait, is this a mini or an actuall game? Just wondering-…

Jeff Green's Avatar

Jeff Green said:

February 8th, 5:15 pm

It’s the full game!

mi33ke said:

February 8th, 5:03 pm

I’ll skip this game. Update the store please.

HBtaj2000 said:

February 8th, 5:03 pm

It’s 8:03PM in Massachusetts and there’s no update yet!

The1stMJC said:

February 8th, 5:06 pm

All these complaints just make me love the internet a little more.

DeadCell34 said:

February 8th, 5:06 pm

I say we teach Sony a lesson and not buy anything from the store for an entire week. These late updates are pathetic.

The Brits get their update around 12PM est time. Why do we have to wait so long?

megachevpro said:

February 8th, 5:07 pm

@ 61: Yeah, Jeff s right. Going to the movies costs more than 15 bucks, while I can get this for the same price, and be playing it for hours!… While if you go to the movies, you only are there for what? 2-3 hours. Totally worth it. BUT I would still like to see a sale on this one(sort of out of money rght now so yeah.)

megachevpro said:

February 8th, 5:10 pm

@ deadcell: Give the sony guys a break man. If you think it’s so easy, why not do it yourself? I’m pretty sure that you would do worse, so shut up. (Don’t listen to this pathetic guy).

zekececil14 said:

February 8th, 5:11 pm

There’s a zooombieeee on your laaaAAAaaawn; we don’t want zooombieees on your laawn!
This is getting me to the update.

papolatte said:

February 8th, 5:12 pm

I always try to support indie developers bringing their games to a console… but what makes this purchasable over the PC/Mac version available through Steam?

On the right day, because of Steams crazy sales, you can get this game for like 5 dollars. Is there anything to be offered through the PSN version that makes it worth it? Steam has the equivalent achievements, so I’m hoping there is something that makes this game worth it.

Otherwise it’s a semi rip off to charge 15 dollars for an oldish game that can be bought for a fraction of that price on another platform.

Jeff Green's Avatar

Jeff Green said:

February 8th, 5:29 pm

Well, the Steam version does not have co-op or versus play, and I believe the mini-games are different. I’d say if there’s other platforms you’d rather buy it on, that you play on, that are available cheaper, then no one is really stopping you. :) We get that money too! Steam has amazing sales, you’re right–that’s how I get most of my PC games these days too.

I’d say this is probably best for folks who game mostly/exclusively on the PlayStation and haven’t yet played the game at all. For them, I’d say $15 is a reasonable investment. But that’s just me, and, ya know, they pay me to say stuff like that. :)

Jon_Mclane said:

February 8th, 5:12 pm

The price, it’s too damn high!

Destiny89 said:

February 8th, 5:16 pm

Would love to see a Move support

SUPERGAMER247 said:

February 8th, 5:17 pm

But, hey, if it were up to me, everything would be free everywhere, and we’d all dance around naked listening to the Grateful Dead.

One word:hilarious. ( and if you’re referring to the scene where you kill the Banker in assassins creed brotherhood, well that makes it better) also good job on replying though I don’t think you’ll beat Chuck from the MNR team ( he literally almost replied to every comment that was posted)

dirtyd89 said:

February 8th, 5:17 pm

Is there a demo for Plants VS Zombies on PSN?

I want to try out the interface with the PS3 controller.
(I’m used to mouse & Keyboard on Mac/PC and Touch Screen for Mac/iPhone/iPad.)

Edit:
Never once tried it with an analog controller before.

Already got Plants VS Zombies on iPhone, Mac, PC, and iPad already.

I’m definitely getting it for PSN.

If there’s any game that’ll benefit from PS Move it’s this game.

Can you also talk to the rest of Pop Cap and see if they can bring Feeding Frenzy 1 to PSN?
(I’ve already got Feeding Frenzy 2 on PSN. Feels weird that I can’t get the trophies for the first game.)

Edit:
Also got Feeding Frenzy on PC/Mac.

Keep up the great work Pop Cap.
I’m a fan of your games.

BigPoppaB said:

February 8th, 5:19 pm

$15?

AHAHAHA

zekececil14 said:

February 8th, 5:20 pm

@119 Was he the guy on like 3 different phones? The was a guy on like 3 different phones replying ALL NIGHT, to EVERYTHING! Then more the next day. A god if you will.

aquaman313 said:

February 8th, 5:27 pm

Store Update, where art thou?

NcDesertViper said:

February 8th, 5:29 pm

it will half off in a month or so….i’ll wait until then.

mi33ke said:

February 8th, 5:31 pm

Alright Jeff, who’s in charge of Psn store updates? We need to find this person, giv’em a watch, kick’em in da BUTT!

DiscoJer said:

February 8th, 5:32 pm

You constantly handwave away people’s objections that the iOS version is much cheaper. But if this sort of pricing keeps up, who is going to keep buying Sony products (and games on Sony products)?

People aren’t going to keep paying triple the price for the same game…(this is why IMHO, the NGP is going to be a huge failure)

Jeff Green's Avatar

Jeff Green said:

February 8th, 5:39 pm

Well, hey, I don’t work for Sony or have any control over pricing, whether it’s for our games or Sony in general. I have no idea whether $15 as a price point comes from Sony, or PopCap, or both. I hear that some of you feel like it’s too much. I don’t know. $15 doesn’t seem like a whole lot to me personally, given how much game there is. I’ve paid way more for a lot less over all my years of gaming. But if PSN games (and NGP games) are too expensive, that’s way beyond my job description. :) I’d bug the Sony folks about that.

DeadCell34 said:

February 8th, 5:35 pm

@megachevpro

No, I don’t think it’s easy. But you would think that since they’ve been doing this for what, 3 years, that they could actually have the procedure down and could get our update out at a decent time of the day.

Where the UK store typically updates around the same time each week (so I’m told), our store could update anytime between 4PM and 1AM est. Pretty pathetic.

Sneeches said:

February 8th, 5:36 pm

c’mon PSN its 9:36 AST here and the store still isn’t updated :(

etur0 said:

February 8th, 5:37 pm

@126 that is just your opinion almost everyone that I know including me is going to get one we all prefer the psp over the ds I’m not saying the ds is bad or anything it is just that the psp is hell of a lot more games that I like

Mike0804 said:

February 8th, 5:38 pm

Last week I was able to find new items in the store before the update was posted here by using the search function. Not so this week…

etur0 said:

February 8th, 5:39 pm

to everyone that is complaining about the store update

yeah I wish they update it sooner and around the same time every week they might be having problems with it and they are doing their best that they can to get it out soon has possible

Delta-16 said:

February 8th, 5:41 pm

why is it that last week it updated at five and now its probably going to update past midnight?

Taipann said:

February 8th, 5:41 pm

Hey, it’s Jeff Green! I’ll buy this game if you make a guest appearance on Weekend Confirmed. Do it!

Jeff Green's Avatar

Jeff Green said:

February 8th, 5:42 pm

If Garnett will have me, I will be there. :D

Rivithed said:

February 8th, 5:44 pm

PlayStation Move support would have been a homerun for me. Please make it happen and at least a bonus $15 is yours!

Frazz said:

February 8th, 5:45 pm

Garnett Lee wants the Jeff Green Sim City.Weekend Confirmed needs the Jeff Green

REDOGRE08 said:

February 8th, 5:50 pm

any idea when the store update will hit?

fourfour44 said:

February 8th, 5:50 pm

The people complaining about the price really don’t understand how much content and replayability is in this game. I bought this game for OSX, then again on iOS for both the iPhone and iPad. Still play it quite a bit despite exhausting all the modes.

$15 is a perfectly fine price for what this game has to offer, especially since it ads the multiplayer modes that are going to be really fun to play. And, of course, the trophies. Now that this has come to every platform imaginable, can we get an expansion with more levels or start working on a sequel please? I don’t want another boring Bejeweled, I want more games that are actually fun and loaded with content, like Peggle and PvZ.

EJStrat said:

February 8th, 5:51 pm

So what time does this update hit? I’ve been waiting for this posting all day, Killzone demo, a free copy of Stackin, and PLANTS VS ZOMBIES!!! I’d pay any price to have that on PS3. What’s taking so long?!

darthlego said:

February 8th, 5:51 pm

I already own this game for at least two other devices. But I am having a hard time justifying not buying it again.

OliviaDei said:

February 8th, 5:53 pm

*laughs* I just bought this for the DS yesterday, now whenever the store updates I’m going to get it for my PS3, so I’ll have PvZ with me always.

addicted?

slighty.

(but loving it)

Thank you PopCap! :D

HBtaj2000 said:

February 8th, 5:55 pm

Just heard it live on the wire at the PSN HQ here in USA, the update has been delayed till tomorrow, Feb 9th at noon, EST.

Budapesti said:

February 8th, 5:56 pm

I’m waiting impatiently to give you my money Popcap, honestly I am. Come on Grace, we need the store updated so that there’s another thread where people can moan about the price of Plants vs. Zombies.
Jeff, you must be new to the Playstation blog. Complaining about prices or poor/late updates or ‘Can you tell me when Halo is coming to PS3?’ (or lack of cross-game chat, which is a real favorite) is a tradition here. You’re on a hiding to nothing if you think you can please some of the miserable specimens who frequent this blog.

Jeff Green's Avatar

Jeff Green said:

February 8th, 6:00 pm

Well obviously I have nothing to do with the store update. As long as everyone understands that, they can bitch at me all they want about the $15. And I get it. I’ve been trained now by the iOS myself to want cheaper games. There’s nothing much I can do about it here though except listen. (While secretly counting my money and browsing for a new Lamborghini.)

mi33ke said:

February 8th, 5:56 pm

Listen, ngp kicks ass, xperia play kicks ass. iPod touch mmmm not to much ass kicking going on besides the games should be cheaper on iPod touch because you gotta put your thumbs on the screen to play the games and that just messes up your vision of the game. Not cool. You know how hard it is to play dead space on the iPod touch? Let me put it this way it sucks. So when xperia play comes mobile games should be perfect with the dpad and face buttons and you’ll get better experiences then apples toys. Plus the prices of games that come on ngp, xperia play, Psn should be justified.

NeoMahi said:

February 8th, 5:57 pm

Hm yeah. $15 I’ll pass. Explodemon is only $10 and its an exclusive.

Also… Sony, what gives on the PlayStation Store these last few months? There used to be consistency and you’d have it up at 3:00pm (PST) But, now it doesn’t go up until nearly 8pm or 9:00pm. You might as well go back to Store Updates on Wednesday’s. Microsoft even has content up earlier on LIVE! Come on Sony. You’re doin great, but get with the program. Consistency is professional. No Consistency is not professional and is bad business. I lost a job with you because the business where I applied wasn’t consistent. And because they wanted an idiot to do the job, and not someone who was educated going to school for a degree. A simple job that couldn’t work around a college schedule. So they lost a future programmer.

zekececil14 said:

February 8th, 5:57 pm

You are a great man for all the replies, but i’ve looked forever for it; and this man ( https://blog.us.playstation.com:80/2010/10/06/sideway-coming-exclusively-to-ps3-in-2011-first-concept-art/#comments ) is a god! Skip to the middle, the comments/replies are hilarious.

HBtaj2000 said:

February 8th, 5:57 pm

FEBRUARY 9 AT NOON!!

tylerh1701 said:

February 8th, 5:59 pm

For those wondering about the controls, I think the controls worked really well for the 360 version. Obviously not quite as quick or precise as a mouse, but still great.

greatbait989 said:

February 8th, 6:00 pm

Will definitely purchase when a sale hits.

HIGHESTofTHEMALL said:

February 8th, 6:03 pm

Will u add move support?