Horizon Zero Dawn

Feb 17

Feb 17

Access Millions of Music Tracks on PlayStation Network with Music Unlimited – Available Today

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

We’re excited to introduce a new way to experience music on your PlayStation and other Sony connected devices with today’s launch of cloud-based, streaming digital music service Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity. With Music Unlimited, you’ll have access to more than six million music tracks from major recording labels, leading independent labels and major publishers around the world. Discover the latest hits or classic favorites and sync your existing music library with the cloud for an endless custom music experience via personalized music channels and playlists.

Check out the video walkthrough to see how it works:

With Music Unlimited’s Basic service, you can enjoy commercial-free, uninterrupted music across a variety of channels and genres and provide instant feedback on each song to ensure that the service is learning your music preferences and providing the proper recommendations based on your personal tastes. With the Premium service, you can access additional premium music channels, search the entire music database, play songs on demand and create custom playlists.

In addition to PlayStation 3, you may also enjoy Music Unlimited on your network-enabled BRAVIA TV, Blu-Ray Disc player, Sony VAIO or other PC and coming soon to Sony’s other mobile devices, including PSP. Music Unlimited will be available later this afternoon Pacific Standard Time (PST) for 30-day free trial of the Premium service, with monthly subscriptions of Premium at $9.99 or Basic at $3.99. For more information about Music Unlimited, check out the press release.

Add Your Own

PlayEvoinsec21 said:

February 17th, 10:12 am

i think its great, awesome that Sony keep adding stuff on the ps3 to everyone thats makes the console even better.. the bad thing is that this services usually only works on Us.

Jeo said:

February 17th, 10:13 am

So the free version is different from pandora… how? Other than charging $3.99 a month it doesn’t seem worth it.

trentissmoking said:

February 17th, 10:18 am

I’ve been looking all over the store since this morning and I can not find anything about this. When is it going to be available and where are we to download it. Thanks!

Sky-Rocketed77 said:

February 17th, 10:22 am

this looks great

Justp94 said:

February 17th, 10:22 am

Basic should be FREE…

nobopyon said:

February 17th, 10:23 am

SONY! Plz add other country music genre too! I want some J-POP!!

DNAgent said:

February 17th, 10:27 am

Subscriptions? Even for basic? lol, not going to bother wasting my time with this.

Psx0005 said:

February 17th, 10:29 am

Power to Sony for this, and I hope it generates revenue for them. I personally don’t see the need for this, as 1) There’s no way that even as large a library as this service has that it will have ALL of the music (and I like a lot of varied genres) that I like and 2) I have Pandora, which yes, its not ad-free but it gives me new things to listen to at no cost (save my ISP bill), and I lose nothing but time in my finding of new music. I’ve found a lot of new music to listen by finding it through Pandora and then Googling more info on the song/artist/Youtubing said song/artist and potentially purchasing the music either via CD (Amazon) or digital download (iTunes/Amazon/etc.)
I just don’t see the point in paying even $4 a month for things I “might” be interested in when I already have stuff I like MP3’ed on my PC and streaming it to the PS3, or I can find it for free on the ‘Web.
If they can offer this service in a way that Pandora is structured, I may bite. But right no, no go.

lilTitan said:

February 17th, 10:35 am

Make an iPhone app please!

BigRon3400 said:

February 17th, 10:41 am

PS Plus members should get the basic service. Or at least a discount. Till then you can count me out.

jonathan_val said:

February 17th, 10:45 am

Mexico when… ???

ElektroDragon said:

February 17th, 10:53 am

Nice try, but I already have ZUNE PASS and its WAY better.

shadowx8 said:

February 17th, 10:53 am

Awesome! So now i can stream countless types of music while playing my games…….

Oh wait.

groovydudeyo said:

February 17th, 11:03 am

make this an app for android as well, and its a done deal

Busca-Cabezas said:

February 17th, 11:05 am

Why is it that none of the new movie services work on Puerto Rico… It’s USA!! You know????

tx_longhorn said:

February 17th, 11:06 am

why pay? when you can stream Pandora off the PS3, thats my opinion.

beastbarbour said:

February 17th, 11:09 am

this is what im talking about Sony features!! keep it up guys good job.

CaruthK said:

February 17th, 11:19 am

Its not out yet. It would be nice to give a time frame you know because its not up & running yet

Busca-Cabezas said:

February 17th, 11:23 am

PLEASE!!! Make this and all services AVAILABLE!! in PUERTO RICOOOOOOO!!!! :'(

DDark said:

February 17th, 11:26 am

As soon as they come out with an android app I am signing up. But will enjoy the free trial until that happens.

Kane22_ said:

February 17th, 11:32 am

does anyone know the song that’s playing when the video is about to end. i like the beat lol

Arkeas said:

February 17th, 11:34 am

“It Only Does Everything! (as long as you’re in the U.S. – screw the rest of you, but hey, thanks for the money!)”

Permafry_42 said:

February 17th, 11:37 am

as usual not in Canada… Still would rather live in a country were i don’t have to fear paying for medical bills than in a country that has exclusive media deals…

saab01 said:

February 17th, 11:37 am

Nice new feature but i am not liking the price of paying monthly. If only this was included in the playstation plus.

ENGLISHadam80 said:

February 17th, 11:40 am

no wonder we have not gotten free last.fm, pandora, or even the radio programs you get on psp for the ps3. if it was majorly discounted for plus members I might possibly check it out but I own a computer, an xbox, and now iphone where I have access to free services like this. I can also just play my own mp3s off of my ps3 already so it’s really not worth $4-$10 dollars a month just for this.

Busca-Cabezas said:

February 17th, 11:43 am

MAKE IT AVAILABLE 4 PUERTO RICO!!!!!!

GGCAN said:

February 17th, 11:45 am

Thanks Eric….wish it were available in Canada (appears it may be coming soon, from reading the Qriocity website).

I also saw a post earlier this month that Sony just launched Qriocity Video on Demand in Canada (haven’t heard anything more of this and would like to know a bit more if possible).

Here’s what I read on the Internet:

In another example of how consumer electronics manufacturers are pushing to differentiate their products by adding more content to their TV sets and devices, Sony of Canada has launched the premium video streaming service Video On Demand powered by Qriocity in Canada. Qriocity started in Japan on Jan. 26 and is already available in the U.S., France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the U.K.”

I think the music service may do well in Canada, because we don’t have access to Pandora like the US does.

Dblcheezz said:

February 17th, 11:59 am

Mr. Eric Lempel. You zone out when looking at the camera. :0

shadysaiyanz said:

February 17th, 12:22 pm

I didn’t know this was a subscription service but i gotta say, it looks pretty amazing :D

T3mpr1x said:

February 17th, 12:29 pm

Definitely going to try this out, I wonder how much space we get for the cloud-based storage. I’m curious how it will compare to the much more established Zune Pass…

KINGV84 said:

February 17th, 12:41 pm

Pandora is not the same! Pandora does not let you select which songs you want to play. Pandora is basically plain radio. You can not compare it to paid services such as this and Zune Pass. Totally different.

Curtisio said:

February 17th, 12:47 pm

That ocean effect is nice – I’d like to see a user interface like this on the PSN store.

Hypercules said:

February 17th, 12:53 pm

Woah woah woah woah woah…..Does the premium service come with PlayStation Plus? Or do I have to get this on top of PlayStation Plus?

eaglefan129 said:

February 17th, 12:55 pm

ugh that music unlimited service as been stuck on my psp forever i thought i was finally able to use it :( still more waiting

The_Wacker said:

February 17th, 1:03 pm

awesome feature thank you. i have 120gb on my hard drive and its a pain using it on the ps3. basic should be free though but im gettin premium.

scorpio182 said:

February 17th, 1:11 pm

Make this part of PS Plus and I’m sold on it!!!!

CaruthK said:

February 17th, 1:14 pm

what time is the server going to go live? I want to try this out.

wooster6 said:

February 17th, 1:18 pm

too cool

QUINTISON said:

February 17th, 1:19 pm

With already having music on my ps3 hdd this service better be able to check desktop,laptop or game system including psp and music on stick.

Cloud storage is great but how much would you get because it’s not infinite cloud but i’m guessing around 20GB

CaruthK said:

February 17th, 1:22 pm

I might as well go on a 9PM tonight. Since you all always late after you post this news on the blog.

trentissmoking said:

February 17th, 1:25 pm

still waiting… today’s almost over… :)

Sgt_0951 said:

February 17th, 1:34 pm

I’ll probably give it a try, but I don’t see myself being very impressed with this service. I am the type of guy who prefers to purchase his music & support the artist who made it, so I want an app where I can actually buy music & store it on the hard drive (like iTunes or the MP3 section at Amazon.com). Sony Music Entertainment is one of the 4 major record labels in the music industry (and I think they were ranked at #1 in 2009), so I know they got music they could outright sell to me instead of just streaming it to me.

ghood6913 said:

February 17th, 1:35 pm

i cant find this.. can someone help me

trentissmoking said:

February 17th, 1:46 pm

They never said where we have to download it at. Does anyone know?

xjordan93 said:

February 17th, 1:47 pm

how about free to ps+

Lugoves said:

February 17th, 1:54 pm

When does this go live ? It’s almost 5PM EST and I can’t find Qriocity on PSP or PS3 [Though on the PS3 I had to complete a new USER agreement, I didn’t READ it, lol so it could have been about anything … lol

trentissmoking said:

February 17th, 2:00 pm

they own your soul and first born male… should of read it.

CrusaderKnight said:

February 17th, 2:21 pm

It will be under Music on the XMB is where you will download it at but you won’t be able to download it in the background.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

February 17th, 2:22 pm

No free, ad supported, option?

andXyetXnotXwant said:

February 17th, 2:28 pm

can we please get media go on mac and is this going to work with mac as well?