Knack 2

Feb 18

Feb 18

inFAMOUS 2 Countdown Begins: Release Date, Pre-Orders & HERO Edition Announced!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Last Friday, an inFAMOUS 2 post broke down the power of choice in inFAMOUS 2 and spawned some very energetic comments on not just the Karma system, but another topic as well –

“Release date please!”- TomHoang

“Please give us a release date already! Geez!”- DeviantBoi

“PLEASE TELLS US THE RELEASE DATE SO I COULD MARK IT ON MY CALENDER AND SAVE MONEY FROM NOW !!”- MilaNumber14

Well to Tom, Deviant, Mila, and the rest of you amazing fans, we are happy to announce that inFAMOUS 2 will be launching in North America exclusively on the PlayStation 3 on June 7th, 2011!

In about 4 months, players will finally begin the next chapter in Cole’s adventures. (Packfront Alert!)

INF2_KeyArt_vF_RGB

On top of this, we’d love to confirm that on that same day we are also launching the inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition (aka the Best Kept Secret EVER) for $99.99 (msrp).

20909Hotspot-SingStar-80:Layout 1

Short of actual electrical super powers, the HERO Edition delivers everything an inFamous fan could want including a highly detailed 8.5” Cole MacGrath statue, a sportable sling pack modeled after Cole’s own in-game gear, the inFAMOUS #1 mini comic from DC Comics, the official inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition Soundtrack and a super voucher code for a collection of in-game content.

Starting today participating retailers kick off official pre-order programs letting you score one of the following bonus items listed below.

24K GOLD AMP

Gold_Amp

Cole’s nasty new weapon definitely delivers the pain, but when you pre-order at Amazon.com you can get a gold (in-game) version to dish it out in style.

KESSLER SKIN

KESSLER_Concept art

Experience inFAMOUS 2 as Cole’s super-powered nemesis from the first inFAMOUS story if you pre-order from Best Buy.

LIGHTNING HOOK

Lightning Hook

GameStop fans can unlock this special power with their pre-order, an electro-kinetic tether that lets you snare and pull enemies and objects towards Cole.

ELECTROCUTION GRENADE

Electrocution Grenade

Visit Walmart and pre-order to get powerful grenade that ties enemies down with arcing electricity before going BOOM.

DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK

Blending the funk and jazz of New Orleans’ own Galactic, with the rock sounds of Bryan “Brain” Mantia (Primus & Guns and Roses), we’ve created a soundtrack that is pure inFAMOUS 2. Music lovers can download this special soundtrack if they pre-order from participating retailers.

Hope this is exciting news for everyone. Look out for more great updates to come, both on INFAMOUSTHEGAME.com or right here on the PS blogosphere!

Add Your Own

mywhitenoise said:

February 18th, 9:51 am

You guys are did a great job announcing this release.
I’m more excited that this is coming out 4 months from now, rather than giving me a release date a year and a half ago, and expecting delays.
Not only that, you’re releasing it in the summer. Probably the best time to release a game, since kids are out of school, there is NO competition, and people have money to spend (after tax returns). I don’t know why marketers don’t realize this, instead they insist on selling everything in an overcrowded market in November.

Good job guys!

rmx687 said:

February 18th, 9:53 am

Day before my birthday, thanks Sony!

Zee_009 said:

February 18th, 9:54 am

amazing. i keep clicking on the picture of the hero edition. love that sling bag!

BigPoppaB said:

February 18th, 9:54 am

Why are the abilities like that lightning hook and grenade not in the game?

Even if I preorder I miss out on one of them. I understand the gold weapons, early access to something or a new skin… but abilities in game? That’s lame.

Dragonzblaze said:

February 18th, 9:56 am

awesome going to save up for the collectors edition

Nunchuckles said:

February 18th, 10:03 am

Frickin love that this game is coming out in early summer. Finally I can play a game over the summer. Wish more games came out during that season. And Definitely getting the HERO edition day one(Just wish a SteelBook Case was also included, love those things). And I know everyone cried about how bad Cole looked back then and he got changed. But that box art looks horrible. I hope that will get changed too.

SuperCoOper777 said:

February 18th, 10:04 am

Since cole’s now an official DC character do you think we can see him in colab games? That’d be so sick to rain down on some foos with his electrical electricity of death(or prosperity)! all hail the modern zeus!

radiantshadow92 said:

February 18th, 10:06 am

YES!!!! THANK YOU!

Wipeoutt31 said:

February 18th, 10:10 am

And…pre-ordered!!!

Victoryismine52 said:

February 18th, 10:10 am

Day 1!!!!

LUGIEZ said:

February 18th, 10:12 am

@29 How the heck did you do that? The only thing I won was numerous entries into the subway for life drawing! Arrrggghhh! Lucky You! congrats

SaintAvi said:

February 18th, 10:20 am

Why are all the american box arts closeups of faces :|

BrianC6234 said:

February 18th, 10:20 am

I can’t wait for this game. I just went back to play the inFamous mode. I hope I find all the blast shards this time. I got stuck with one missing.

woodMok said:

February 18th, 10:21 am

OH That’s so beautiful, i can’t believe it!

Thank you very much for that game !

The first one was so great and cool, i hope this one will be better ;)

But i have just one question : I live in France, and I’d like to know if this HERO edition will be available in Europe

Thanks,

_____

Vive Sucker Punch, Sly cooper, and Playstation ;)

zMd113 said:

February 18th, 10:27 am

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

XCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 10:30 am

wow. I’ll take your word for it. :)

kNoWlEdGe22 said:

February 18th, 10:28 am

I’m there…

NooBinO said:

February 18th, 10:30 am

Day 1er. Wonder if they’re doing a Villain Edition? =). Either way the Collectors will be mine. Now to just decide if I want a Kessler skin or the Tether ability…

Sucker Punch FTW.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 10:30 am

If you get the HERO edition, you get all of them.

DZORMAGEN said:

February 18th, 10:30 am

Does the HERO Edition come with all the pre-order exclusives?

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 11:17 am

yup! (Sorry the text on the picture is hazy)

ajayghosal said:

February 18th, 10:31 am

that probably is the worst boxart of all time

DZORMAGEN said:

February 18th, 10:32 am

BTW I LOVE LOVE LOVE the art box, don’t listen to haters!!

maxopower said:

February 18th, 10:34 am

Wow, I thought this would come much later, like Sep or Okt. This great!

Sad news sis it’s only like a week after LA Noire (My second most anticipated game of the year, right after Infamous 2 of course. ) Don’t know How I will get time to play them both.

markcusd said:

February 18th, 10:35 am

Seriously, you’re going to release it during E3?

sheengrtr said:

February 18th, 10:40 am

i hope this game doesn’t have any multiplayer?please say no,infamous 1 was so awesome and i hope u guys focussed all your resources on the single player in infamous 2,will the euro release date be closer to the us one?

sheengrtr said:

February 18th, 10:42 am

will the game be longer than the first infamous?i really want to know this

tmerchead said:

February 18th, 10:44 am

This is a huge suprise this much sooner than the previous release date what made you guys to decide to release it so soon

Jesteraron said:

February 18th, 10:45 am

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait! Thanks for your diligence and hard work you guys!

Rinaldus91 said:

February 18th, 10:57 am

Uhm. Wow. I’m insanely impressed. Gonna go reserve it tomorrow.

Icestar10 said:

February 18th, 11:01 am

I can’t wait! I don’t usually pre-order games but maybe I should with this one! :D

Commandofin said:

February 18th, 11:10 am

I hope someone reads this but does Finnish gaming related store site called vpd.fi get these pre-order bonuses? That would be all, thanks.

flavio501 said:

February 18th, 11:11 am

Nice, inFAMOUS 2 :D i think its gonna be great, plus i have 4 months to complete Fallout 3 :P

Chance_Splinter said:

February 18th, 11:14 am

Here’s my question:

Is there a retailer who can actually guarantee that, when you preorder a Special Edition from them, they’ll have it for you? HMV, Blockbuster and EB Games (GameStop) can’t – learned that the hard way at EB – where can a guy go to guarantee he’ll get this Hero Edition in Canada?

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 11:36 am

You’d have to ask the retailer my friend.

ycole11 said:

February 18th, 11:15 am

This is a comic book style game the boxart for Infamous 2 should be similar to the PAL boxart for Infamous 1.

Alpha_Gamer said:

February 18th, 11:15 am

I’m grateful for the news and I’ve had it pre-ordered for a while now, but would you mind giving us the EU bowart? It’s SO much better. Badassery just radiates from that cover. This one not so much.

Kxpuc said:

February 18th, 11:16 am

Good job picking a date in the summer lull but hot dam it’s far away from NOW, easy 2 million seller

DrkrZen said:

February 18th, 11:17 am

Will the Hero Edition be available at all the listed retailers? Or, will it see a limited release?

I can’t wait for this special edition. Ever since it was accidentally leaked on Amazon.com, a few weeks ago, I’ve had a $100 set aside with “Hero” written on the bill, lol.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 11:37 am

All the mentioned retailers should be carrying the Hero edition. They are in limited supply so be sure to lock in that pre-order. :)

Kxpuc said:

February 18th, 11:18 am

oh and Chuck Lacson good job linking #54 to joystiq instead of Kotaku b/c of that stupid redesign

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 11:38 am

I had to. I think they broke the news so they deserve it. Good investigative journalism.

Permafry_42 said:

February 18th, 11:20 am

not sure if i’m going to get the collectors edition just yet. $100 is pretty pricey even with all that stuff, and as i’m about to preorder a 3ds and because i’m saving up for a 2 week exchange trip to japan, i don’t know if i’ll be able to scrounge up that much before it launches. however, should i find a way to afford it i’ll make sure i’ll get it right after i preorder portal 2. I’m definetly getting the game no matter what.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 11:40 am

You got hard choices infront of you my friend. (In that way you are much like Cole MacGrath.)

I say- Get the HERO Edition and trek around Japan with your new sling pack and just start saving for an NGP. :)

(But that’s just me!)

BallinOutTheBox said:

February 18th, 11:22 am

Okay, every bit of information in this post screamed awesomeness. My summer will be consumed by InFamous 2, and all the goodies that come in the Hero edition. Thank you Sucker Punch for making another stellar series and I can not wait to traverse New Marais.

Back4Revenge said:

February 18th, 11:24 am

I cannot wait! My most anticipated game of the year! Although I like the European boxart more. This: http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/5455340387/

Dragun619 said:

February 18th, 11:29 am

So…… Online interactions not rated by ESRB eh.

Does that there’s some online gameplay in Infamous 2? :D

CrashSpyro said:

February 18th, 11:46 am

Will you guys be releasing this stuff for free a few months after launch like you did for the first game?

digitalman123 said:

February 18th, 11:47 am

Electrifying! At least I got to get me that Hero Edition…
So is all that in-game stuff like the Lightning Hook in the Hero Edition?

Ecwcwwe said:

February 18th, 11:49 am

The European version of the Hero edition also gets a skin for the original Cole’s jacket. Is that exclusive to them, or are we getting it as well?

iwinsonsoong said:

February 18th, 11:51 am

looks pretty good deal for me .
BTW , will i be able to see another look of Cole that originally planned to have in the game or after it sell?

BlooodyCow said:

February 18th, 11:54 am

*SCREAM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL* Go to amazon.com and preorder the Hero Edition……*CONTINUE TO SCREAM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL….. :)

ImOnWelfare said:

February 18th, 11:59 am

Any chance we’ll get “metro” Cole as an unlockable skin? I liked metro cole. :/

JDrexmo said:

February 18th, 12:02 pm

I don’t know why everyone is dissing the cover art, I love it.

digitalman123 said:

February 18th, 12:05 pm

That backpack will hold hold my large, Resident Evil-esque, electrified tuning fork! Honestly, in the first game, Zeke was talking to Cole on how a gun’ll blow up in his hands, and now Cole gets a P.W.S. (that’s an acronym for Patented Whacking Stick!)?

Victoryismine52 said:

February 18th, 12:12 pm

Hearing that the sling pack is a good sized bag that can fit my work laptop makes this an instant buy…. hmmm If it’s for my work laptop I wounder if I could make it a company expense?

colton_grilus said: