God of War

Feb 18

Feb 18

inFAMOUS 2 Countdown Begins: Release Date, Pre-Orders & HERO Edition Announced!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Last Friday, an inFAMOUS 2 post broke down the power of choice in inFAMOUS 2 and spawned some very energetic comments on not just the Karma system, but another topic as well –

“Release date please!”- TomHoang

“Please give us a release date already! Geez!”- DeviantBoi

“PLEASE TELLS US THE RELEASE DATE SO I COULD MARK IT ON MY CALENDER AND SAVE MONEY FROM NOW !!”- MilaNumber14

Well to Tom, Deviant, Mila, and the rest of you amazing fans, we are happy to announce that inFAMOUS 2 will be launching in North America exclusively on the PlayStation 3 on June 7th, 2011!

In about 4 months, players will finally begin the next chapter in Cole’s adventures. (Packfront Alert!)

INF2_KeyArt_vF_RGB

On top of this, we’d love to confirm that on that same day we are also launching the inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition (aka the Best Kept Secret EVER) for $99.99 (msrp).

20909Hotspot-SingStar-80:Layout 1

Short of actual electrical super powers, the HERO Edition delivers everything an inFamous fan could want including a highly detailed 8.5” Cole MacGrath statue, a sportable sling pack modeled after Cole’s own in-game gear, the inFAMOUS #1 mini comic from DC Comics, the official inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition Soundtrack and a super voucher code for a collection of in-game content.

Starting today participating retailers kick off official pre-order programs letting you score one of the following bonus items listed below.

24K GOLD AMP

Gold_Amp

Cole’s nasty new weapon definitely delivers the pain, but when you pre-order at Amazon.com you can get a gold (in-game) version to dish it out in style.

KESSLER SKIN

KESSLER_Concept art

Experience inFAMOUS 2 as Cole’s super-powered nemesis from the first inFAMOUS story if you pre-order from Best Buy.

LIGHTNING HOOK

Lightning Hook

GameStop fans can unlock this special power with their pre-order, an electro-kinetic tether that lets you snare and pull enemies and objects towards Cole.

ELECTROCUTION GRENADE

Electrocution Grenade

Visit Walmart and pre-order to get powerful grenade that ties enemies down with arcing electricity before going BOOM.

DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK

Blending the funk and jazz of New Orleans’ own Galactic, with the rock sounds of Bryan “Brain” Mantia (Primus & Guns and Roses), we’ve created a soundtrack that is pure inFAMOUS 2. Music lovers can download this special soundtrack if they pre-order from participating retailers.

Hope this is exciting news for everyone. Look out for more great updates to come, both on INFAMOUSTHEGAME.com or right here on the PS blogosphere!

Add Your Own

Segaholic2 said:

February 18th, 12:16 pm

Are the GameStop and Walmart bonus powers going to be timed exclusives like the blades from inFamous 1? Or are they available in-game by other means without the pre-order?

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 9:02 pm

Only through pre-order or Hero edition at the moment.

madtyger said:

February 18th, 12:16 pm

Already pre-ordered the Hero Edition from Amazon. inFamous 2 is definitely one of my top games of this year, can’t wait to play it.

LunarRoar said:

February 18th, 12:17 pm

Awesome, this comes out a few weeks right after finals, perfect way to end the semester!

Seeing_Red_Again said:

February 18th, 12:22 pm

I was excited about the Hero Edition, but Im very disappointed that it doesn’t include the inFAMOUS 1 Cole costume skin that the “Special Edition” of inFAMOUS 2 in Europe includes

Is there anyways Sucker Punch can add the inFAMOUS 1 skin to the Hero Edition in NA?

cybershinigami87 said:

February 18th, 12:24 pm

Will you allow us to download the superior Euro box art? It looks a lot better than the US one

wirezd_ said:

February 18th, 12:32 pm

I’m just as hyped as everyone else for infamous 2 but the NA box art is absolutely god awful, especially in comparison to Europe’s box art. Wish everyone in NA would get the same treatment as those in Europe in this regard.

BG808s said:

February 18th, 12:34 pm

Looking forward to the game! But after seeing the European cover art I’m really surprised you didn’t go with that cover art for all regions! Much better-looking than the NA art, and also does a much better job showing the theme of choice in Infamous!

It’s not the first time either I’ve seen two different cover arts for EU and NA regions for PS3 exclusives where the EU art is much better… what’s up with that?? The person choosing NA cover art needs to get fired.

Bioman20 said:

February 18th, 12:37 pm

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hush404 said:

February 18th, 12:39 pm

Gahh :) Sometimes I’m iffy with CEs but this one is a deff buy!

Salvy35z said:

February 18th, 12:51 pm

The statue doesn’t look good!
Overall its not worth $99!

chrisfahmy said:

February 18th, 12:59 pm

So what if we want both powers? do we have to buy the game twice at those two retailers?

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 5:51 pm

buy the Hero Edition, it has them all.

neoprime33 said:

February 18th, 1:00 pm

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
~Abraham Lincoln

On my way to pre-order the Hero Edition; come out just in time for my birthday! :)

Freakinbuttons said:

February 18th, 1:02 pm

I just saw the box art for inFAMOUS 2 on IGN and I have to say Europes version is a million times better is there anyway we could have that one instead.

Berae said:

February 18th, 1:04 pm

Oh yeah! a release date! I was waiting for it to pre order my copy. Cant wait!

Nidarom319 said:

February 18th, 1:09 pm

Its called “Hero Edition”, does that mean there could be a “villain” edition considering the karma stuff in inFAMOUS 2.

Yv_MaJed_vY said:

February 18th, 1:10 pm

i dont like this game 2 much

xiked said:

February 18th, 1:19 pm

My wallet is crying! Made a promise to my girl to not buy any more collectors edition..well that promise is now gone. NEED THIS!!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 5:51 pm

It’s not a “collector’s” edition…it’s a “HERO” edition. :)

(Yeah…that probably won’t work.)

djpaetkau said:

February 18th, 1:25 pm

I’ve never really felt the need to buy a collector’s edition of a game before, but with all those goodies, I’m sold! Without a release date set yet I wasn’t really expecting to see inFAMOUS 2 until later in the year, so this is awesome news… THANK YOU SCEA & SUCKER PUNCH!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

February 18th, 5:50 pm

You’re welcome!

spocar said:

February 18th, 1:25 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! IM TOTALLY GONNA BUY THIS GAME, SPECIALLY THE HERO EDITION

Walkerman11 said:

February 18th, 1:28 pm

I…LOVE…INFAMOUS 2…WOOHOO HERO PACK FOR THE WIN!!!!!

bbonds_007 said:

February 18th, 1:32 pm

I really hope you made those statues of Cole after the E3 redesign, if not I truly feel sorry for the poor sole who had to give each statue a hair cut!

:P

RudyGT- said:

February 18th, 1:49 pm

Sooooooold Day 1 , Infamous is my favorite franchise this Gen.

flaco18530 said:

February 18th, 1:52 pm

2011=YEAR OF SONY

mixedkidbx said:

February 18th, 2:30 pm

Well now i gotta go to Gamestop and cancel my inFAMOUS 2 pre-order and change it to the Hero Edition :P

memortally said:

February 18th, 2:44 pm

You Guys must be proud of yourselves couse you are making a video game and with that you can see smile in peoples faces :)

First infamous was great but i want to see more unique missions in second one and can`t wait to see ICE POWER

excitement was soooooooooooooooooo big about game and i am sure that SuckerPunch can deliver ;)

Really really can`t wait for the game

Sorry for poor english

Ace2540 said:

February 18th, 2:46 pm

If we have the Lightning Blades we’ll be able to use them in inFAMOUS2 right? And where is the news about Cole’s Ice Powers?!!?!

TapDatApp said:

February 18th, 2:53 pm

Glad to finally have some solid information on this title. To be honest, I haven’t really been all that crazy over what we’ve been shown of this game so far, but the original inFAMOUS was one of the best single-player games I had ever played and my birthday is right before the sequel’s release date, so I’ll just probably end up getting Hero Edition as a gift from myself ;)

P.S. I’m surprised, but I actually like the Box Cover! Nicely done in the epicness scale.

JAPANFAN_1 said:

February 18th, 2:54 pm

YES!!! Can’t wait for this game! This is just another reason why I love Playstation and why it is better than Nintendo and Xbox.

Maddaye said:

February 18th, 2:55 pm

The cover is kind of disgusting. Please fix this.

iamlorddrift said:

February 18th, 2:59 pm

If I pre-order from EB games, will i get the gamestop bonus?

Adonnix said:

February 18th, 3:07 pm

Not interested in the hero edition, I was disappointed with some of the extras for LBP2 SE, won’t be making that mistake again. Will the supervoucher be available anywhere other than in the hero edition?

HMS_Victor said:

February 18th, 3:08 pm

Sweeeeeet!!!
European cover looks better again! Same as it did with Heavy Rain. I love it when that happens

Ibeki said:

February 18th, 3:08 pm

I’m getting ready to head to my local gamestop and upgrade my pre-order to hero edition. and just when i was thinking you guys werent gonna give out a special edition.

Dragoon-00 said:

February 18th, 3:11 pm

Will the DLC be avaible for everyone on the playstation store at or around launch.

sleepy92 said:

February 18th, 3:20 pm

*******Hello Sony Computer Enterntertainment*******

We want Uncharted 3 closed beta keys with pre orders of inFAMOUS 2!

Where’s the EVIL Edition Sucker Punch? I my first playthrough will always be evil.

I don’t know where to put the Uncharted 4 Offroad Racing closed beta key’s, Maybe in Sly 4 pre order? :D By then Insomniac will have their wonderful new multiplatform ip ^,.,^

PS3 owners better start saving up, we’ve got the most exclusives to buy and I don’t even know how many multiplats, probably 100’s all accross the widest variety of genres known to console.

The_Ottsel said:

February 18th, 3:21 pm

Awsome game, I’ll buy it for sure!!! But please, CHANGE THE COVER, THE EUROPEAN ONE IS MUCH BETTER. Just look at IGN and you will see that most of the people think this way.

theXecutioner said:

February 18th, 3:44 pm

“Online interactions not rated by ESRB”

Nice, June 7th. I can’t wait to pick-WWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

silentj14 said:

February 18th, 3:44 pm

I’m pretty psyched about this, but I do have to admit that I like the EU box art better. It seems to display the choice that comes with power. Whatever you guys decide to do, I’m psyched, and I’ll likely spring for the hero edition as well.

Dragoon-00 said:

February 18th, 3:52 pm

Why are there different box arts for North American version and the European version of the game?

mantes2123 said:

February 18th, 5:10 pm

the only reason for me 2 buy hero edition is because of that sling pack thingee ..i want the sling pack so badly i just can’t sleep without it :D

SUPERGAMER247 said:

February 18th, 5:21 pm

Hey Chuck do you know if the dlc for infamous 2 that you can get in subway footlong appreciation is different than this ( theres no name on it just a general description

FC-Man said:

February 18th, 5:34 pm

Is there going to be an EVIL edition?

ckpotc said:

February 18th, 5:38 pm

I just finished the first one and loved it and can’t wait for this one!

Can you please change the cover art to the Europe edition. Everyone seems to like that one a lot more.

korgon117 said:

February 18th, 5:41 pm

CANT WAIT!

python1210 said:

February 18th, 5:57 pm

Awesome! Im getting the Hero Edition Day 1!

jonny_boy103 said:

February 18th, 6:15 pm

DEMO!!!! MUST PLAY DEMO!!!!! And yes, Playstation is getting so many monies from me this year it should be illegal! but idc cuz EVERY GAME IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! :D… you could help a broke gamer out sony :) jk. The lineup ROCKS XD

scoobycool said:

February 18th, 6:21 pm

So, when are the pre-order pages (for the Hero edition) going to be up on Best Buy, Walmart, & GameStop?

Sean196 said:

February 18th, 6:27 pm

Hey chuck, cant wait for infamous 2! any confirmation of the date or hero edition for europe?

LordKaiser00 said:

February 18th, 6:41 pm

I got a important question. Will the voucher code have a expiration date? I ask because some Voucher had 1 like the voucher of Pain who came with the MGS4 PS3.

LucidUzigko said: