Horizon Zero Dawn

Feb 25

Feb 25

New PS3 Greatest Hits Titles Available Now

Ami Sheth's Avatar Posted by Associate Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

Modnation Racers Greatest Hits for PS3Heavy Rain Greatest Hits for PS3

God of War III Greatest Hits for PS3UNCHARTED 2: Game of the Year Edition Greatest Hits for PS3

Hey gamers! You’ve probably already seen the news that we’re adding a slew of new PSP titles to the PSP Greatest Hits lineup. Today, we’re also adding five new titles to the PS3 Greatest Hits library. Back in September you were able to pick up a number of your favorites like, MAG, Call of Duty: World at War and Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time at the unbeatable Greatest Hits price. Now, be sure you pick up the latest Greatest Hits titles at retailers in the U.S. and Canada for just $29.99 (MSRP).

New Greatest Hits titles include:

Many of you have already dedicated hours of gameplay to these games. But to those of you who’ve yet to experience games such as God of War III, Heavy Rain and ModNation Racers, which has surpassed more than 2 million user-generated creations (e.g. Tracks, Mods and Karts), make sure to take advantage of this incredible value. As we continue moving full steam ahead into an exciting 2011, stay tuned for more Greatest Hits, new game and video content available on the PlayStation Network, and a ground-breaking video game line-up for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Move.

Enjoy!

Add Your Own

JL84wolf said:

February 25th, 3:21 pm

finally heavy rain drop the price

Trieloth said:

February 25th, 3:38 pm

Cool Beams!!!

VintageOctopus said:

February 25th, 3:46 pm

Modnation Racers was (And still is) a fantastic game. Probably spent more time in that game than any other game I’ve ever bought on a console. I highly recommend anyone who has a shred of creativity to buy it, it’s a steal for thirty bucks.

Spacerac said:

February 25th, 4:43 pm

noooo I didnt expect this till next month. I gotta get the black gow3 while I still can D:

xXiRoNcHaOzXx said:

February 25th, 5:01 pm

this is so awsum 2 bad i got all 4 need more

TomHoang said:

February 25th, 5:24 pm

Finally Heavy Rain will go down to $29.99 so more people can experience it. I was really frustrated going on Amazon and seeing it still over $45 despite being almost a year old.

The Heavy Rain box art is really cluttered now :P

omega_alpha-619 said:

February 25th, 5:35 pm

@100 I was talking about NEW games.. learn to read. And as for me supporting devs, been doing that for almost 3 decades tyvm ^.^

SheldonYeung said:

February 25th, 5:41 pm

Hey Ami, i know that greatiset hits are 29.99 but i saw at Futureshop heavy rain greatist hits but it said Directers cut and it was red box and all but going for 59.99??

is the Directors cut a diffrent version or is that the greatist hits? Ive been waiting to buy this game to replay with Move and im so happy it went down in price! since my first copy was borrowed from my brother.

thanks for the update!

Logical_Dolphin said:

February 25th, 6:04 pm

Apparently the GH version of Heavy Rain is exactly the same as the standard version. The “Director’s Cut” was likely a mistake, unfortunately…

station3fever said:

February 25th, 6:23 pm

Heavy rain, oh yes here i come!

ajayghosal said:

February 25th, 6:39 pm

atleast change the boxart to the european one for the greatest hit version of heavy rain

sleepy92 said:

February 25th, 6:49 pm

I don’t like greatest hits. Why can’t you just drop the price of the games without selling them in ugly red cases. Ucnharted 2 is too good for a greatest hits case.

osricenpatt said:

February 25th, 7:00 pm

Really, is this Director’s Cut Heavy Rain coming someday? I’m thinking about importing the EU Move Edition (I already got the standard American edition for like $80, really) too so I don’t feel incomplete with this game. If not, where did that cover came from? Did anyone took the chance to save the image file to show? Was it a mistake and the secret has been blown? Or it was a mistake and there is no secret… ever.

Street_Killaz said:

February 25th, 7:25 pm

adds Heavy Rain,Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time to my list,Uncharted 2..Already beat uncharted 2 but nice to have UT 1 and UT 2 and 3..

angelspawn77 said:

February 25th, 7:25 pm

Woo!!! Awesome! Will definitely be picking up Heavy Rain soon! Been wanting to play it since it came out, but never got around to getting it, now im definitely going to get it, probably next week.

angelspawn77 said:

February 25th, 7:27 pm

Already have the others btw, except for UFC, but ill pass on that. Just need Heavy Rain.

Scirocco20v said:

February 25th, 7:36 pm

When will these prices take effect?? I haven’t seen these new prices at future shop or best buy.

neosk said:

February 25th, 8:22 pm

finaly Heavy rain is a greatest hit thank you so much i’ve been dying to play it I’ve been so patient for over a year :)

omega_alpha-619 said:

February 25th, 8:57 pm

Maybe its time to take another look at the GH box design SONY?? Seems like it doesn’t appeal to the vast majority. Perhaps its time for a change. Might sell alot more games with a fresh look. ^^

omega_alpha-619 said:

February 25th, 8:58 pm

Maybe have a box art design contest, let us consumers do the work for you :)

MarkakaJin said:

February 25th, 11:07 pm

Heavy Rain
God of War III
Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition

I want those three….

Hooligantuan said:

February 25th, 11:19 pm

ModNation Racers is an excellent game. If you haven’t tried it yet, there’s a demo in the PS Store, and it’s a great taste of the gameplay and customization options.

You’ve played other kart racing games, so you have a good idea already of what this can offer. Now, add that you can make your own dude, your own ride, and even your own tracks, and you’re on your way to getting the whole view.

BriS2K said:

February 25th, 11:32 pm

The GoW3 ultimate edition with the pandora’s box thing can be pickedup for under $50 now. For an additional $20 over the GH edition, still not sure if it’s really worth it for the extra content i.e. the box is lame, and other stuff is via dlc. Althought the art book is very cool to have. Nonetheless, GOW3 has some of the best graphics I’ve ever seen on the PS3. Awesome game, very memorable moments.

BriS2K said:

February 25th, 11:34 pm

@119, agreed – the GH box art is LAME. Particularly the red case, what a huge turn off.

LordRaymond said:

February 26th, 12:37 am

Can’t wait to Buy GOW3, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted 2!

djnealb said:

February 26th, 6:22 am

I always intended to get Modnation Racers. Now it seems that I have more of an incentive.

SMY36738 said:

February 26th, 8:52 am

I already own the 4 sony published games, but damn is that a great selection! While the God of Wars have a special place in my heart, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain are the best 2 games on the PS3. Also, Modnation is the best kart racing game ever made.

Solid choices all around!!

JitteryJordan said:

February 26th, 11:12 am

Nice, I need to get a new copy of Modnation Racers.

kalajj said:

February 26th, 11:26 am

Finally can get Heavy Rain!!! When are they actually in stores?

Rene_Led said:

February 26th, 1:56 pm

Heavy Rain for $30 si good price since orginal price was not worth it, since *mild spoiler* Heavy Rain is not so much of a ‘Game’ but an Interactive Movie.
But at this price I may think to buy it to keep for myself :)

yellowjacket486 said:

February 26th, 5:16 pm

FINALLY GONNA PICK UP HEAVY RAIN

eloratings said:

February 26th, 7:03 pm

I paid $50 for Heavy Rain, $40 for Uncharted 2 (GH edition), never play God of War series before.

Bubba301888 said:

February 26th, 7:24 pm

wow im gonna pick up all of them but not uncharted cause i already have it

fuzzyclutter said:

February 26th, 7:42 pm

@100 your still supporting them either way . Given the reality that not everybody has the bread to purchase EVERY GAME that’s ever released . price drops on products that are beyond their sales peak are a win for developers and gamers .

dirtyd89 said:

February 26th, 10:04 pm

I’ve borrowed God of War 3 from my friend but now I want my own copy.

Glad God of War 3 is now a greatest hit.

God of War: Collection needs to be bought too.

Already got Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain (2010 Xmas Gift), and I want Mod Nation Racers.

God of War 3 + Mod Nation Racers + Greatest Hits ($30/game) = <3

:D

angelspawn77 said:

February 27th, 2:35 am

Been reading these comments and its astonishing how many people have ps3s, but don’t have Uncharted 2 or GOW3 in their library. Those 2 are easily some of the best games on ps3, what have these people been playing when these games came out!? Heavy Rain is also among the best that ps3 has to offer and I am to blame for that one as well, but I have always wanted it and by the time I was gonna get it it was several months old and I just decided it would be best to wait.

Sephir007 said:

February 27th, 7:43 am

I vote for PSN releases too. Thank you!

Ama_Daoes said:

February 27th, 8:00 am

I own all of these games except UFC, but I am happy for all of you who get to experience these amazing games at a lower price point=)

Blur1528 said:

February 27th, 1:42 pm

I cannot believe that I seem to be the only one who LOVES the red cases.

zacljessee said:

February 27th, 3:49 pm

Bout 2 platinum Heavy Rain need 2 trophies

doclloyd said:

February 27th, 9:13 pm

What’s up with the availability of Heavy Rain and its pricing? I’ve looked online and in a couple stores this weekend and the price has either not dropped yet (even at sonystyle.com) or it’s just unavailable. When does the price drop officially go into effect for retailers?

kalajj said:

February 28th, 6:15 am

Finally can get Heavy Rain! When do they actually ship to stores?

Osirus777 said:

February 28th, 10:39 am

Uncharted 2; does it come with the DLC on the disc or is it a voucher?

vulwing said:

February 28th, 1:28 pm

I could kick myself for paying $60 for each of these last year.

RE_Player said:

February 28th, 2:00 pm

Going to pick up Modnation as soon as my Best Buy gets the Greatest Hit version.

evilmonkey501 said:

February 28th, 2:07 pm

*leaves house to get Modnation Racers*

JJackazz said:

February 28th, 4:45 pm

Guess I need to pick up MNR now. Already bought the other 3 new when they were released. Starting to think I need to be a cheap bastard like everyone else and wait to pay half price a year after the game drops.

azariaspice said:

March 1st, 7:15 am

Great titles added! Though, personally, I don’t care for the red cases.

NoonenF1 said:

March 1st, 2:27 pm

I already own Modnation, GOWIII, and UC2, perhaps it is now time to get Heavy Rain, although I’m afraid I’m still too addicted to GT5!

jveloz21 said:

March 1st, 3:26 pm

as it seems some people said, I did also buy uncharted 2 for $50 a few days before it became a greatest hits title. Oh well. But for those who do not have it, it is an insane deal. You basically get the game fore free and $5 off DLC (trust me, DLC is worth it). I do hope they put more DLC for Uncharted, at least 4 more maps.

I have all those games except Heavy Rain. IDK what its about. Can someone try to convince me to buy it?