Paragon

Feb 27

Feb 27

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

We really want to meet you.

How badly? Over the next 2 weeks, we’ll be fanning out across 3 of this great nation’s 4 major time zones (sorry Hawaii), equipped with not-yet-released titles for your gaming pleasure. We’ll talk more about our PAX East and SXSW plans shortly, for now we are focused on GDC, where we hope to see you TOMORROW. Click here for details. Then RSVP.

Oh, and we had a great time at Friday night’s engadget reader meetup. We gave out a PS3. We’ll do more such things in our upcoming events.

SF. Tomorrow.

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of February 21, 2011)

Add Your Own

Butters360 said:

February 27th, 9:06 am

Man, I really wish I could go to one of these events, but they are so far away. Thanks in advance for all the great GDC coverage. Hopefully with all the traveling around and new people you don’t get sick, wouldn’t want to end up like Sid now ;)

Also Jeff, will you guys be asking us readers what we want in the blog redesign/android app?

Thanks again.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 27th, 10:47 am

We asked – but without you knowing. We redesigned using heat maps to find what people are clicking on the most. The design is nearly done, we’ll be entering closed beta soon.

thepatriots said:

February 27th, 9:25 am

I know this is a pretty niche question… but is there any progress report on the Frex or ECCI high end racing wheels and pedal sets being compatible with the PS3? Tried the T500 RS out and did not like it.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 27th, 10:47 am

Niche is right :) We don’t make those, so you’ll have to speak to the manufacturers.

Sonicfan11589 said:

February 27th, 9:27 am

You forgot to include from Siliconera “Parasite Eve infection North American PSN”.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 27th, 10:48 am

Just because the ESRB rated it, doesn’t mean a release is imminent. That’s why I didn’t include it :)

Sonicfan11589 said:

February 27th, 9:29 am

@3 The article is titled, “Parasite Eve infecting playstation network in north america”

I3rand0 said:

February 27th, 9:41 am

Jeff:

Any update on the My Trophies issue?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 27th, 10:51 am

Been out of the office, and will be all week this week. Status update requested!

Ragnant said:

February 27th, 9:55 am

Plants vs Zombots link is not working…..

DeathGazer said:

February 27th, 9:59 am

Wish I was going to GDC. I want more NGP info!!!

Destiny89 said:

February 27th, 10:12 am

Jeff what do you think, will Sony bring over White Knight Chronicles 2 to NA or not? would be great if we see it coming out this year. i mean i know the year is already packed with games, still feel like its missing WKC2 :P

Arcadian_Rebel said:

February 27th, 10:13 am

That’s a lot of copies sold for Gran Turismo 5!

JKar275 said:

February 27th, 10:14 am

I’m definitely looking forward to the PAX East meetup in Boston!

Killzone 3’s multiplayer is awesome with Move. I followed your advice on how to adjust the settings & they worked great for me.

It would be great if GG could bring true vehicles (tanks, APCs, ISA Intruders, etc. to KZ3 multiplayer.

lcmnick said:

February 27th, 10:15 am

Arsenal never going to win a trophy are they ^_^

DZORMAGEN said:

February 27th, 11:19 am

Hey Jeff, I love the Playstation Blog, but how come you, Sid, and Rey are the only ones commenting on the blog post. The other blog post rarely gets and replies from us gamers? They just come here post something and leave not responding to anyone. Also when the store updates, and people leave comments they get ignored! Also will there be a meet up in Los Angeles soon?

SolidSnakeSSx said:

February 27th, 11:36 am

Hopefully you guys will get some coverage of Battlefield 3 and Alice: Madness Returns at GDC.

Kchow23 said:

February 27th, 11:37 am

Any plans for GDC Canada? oh and would be nice if they stopped using “shipped” numbers and instead use how many were actually sold to consumers

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

February 27th, 11:45 am

Jeff, are you excited for Socom4? I am. Cant wait for the beta. Also the last link for the free movies only works in America, not here in Canada….

The_Grey__Warden said:

February 27th, 11:58 am

They are killing socom btw its SOCOD now

JohnAlden said:

February 27th, 12:03 pm

I am more looking forward to what Epic Games new ip they’ll be unveiling this week. Anyways jeff have you seen Epic Games new ip? Will it be multiplatform or exlusively to ps3,that would be nice if it is.

Kirkpad said:

February 27th, 12:06 pm

Personally I have been playing de Blob 2 lately. It’s really great fun. I’m surprised there wasn’t any post about it.

Ftwrthtx said:

February 27th, 1:27 pm

Here’s another Killzone 3 Review for you, Jeff:

10/10

x_STiLETTO_x said:

February 27th, 1:30 pm

You should definitely add this KillZone 3 review to your reading list! http://www.offdutygamers.com/2011/02/killzone-3-review/

;)

afiqltd said:

February 27th, 2:20 pm

I noticed the Mass Effect 2 patch update. I’m looking forward to replaying ME2 it soon.

jhernandez360 said:

February 27th, 2:20 pm

Hey any way you guys can get that little jack russel dynamic theme over there on the european store over here on the U.S store i would like to buy it please!

y2jedge said:

February 27th, 2:43 pm

Man I can’t wait for Pax East. I knew some of the dogs would be there for some Uncharted 3 news but knowing there will be more Playstation stuff sweetens the pot.

Weshzu said:

February 27th, 2:49 pm

jeff last week i asked if pre-order bonus of killzone 3 was stackable. I’m still wondering and have not used any of the vouchers i receive from helghast and gamestop/ebgame would be lovely if you could get the answers there are quite a few active dev and mods on the kz.com forum but never able to answer me back sadly :/ would be great cuz i’m planning on using it on wednesday ^^ thanks

zacljessee said:

February 27th, 3:05 pm

It iz so dumb dat we can’t get Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday for PS3 only psp. Series started on playstation console, I don’t have a psp and I’m not gettin’ 1 just 2play it. They should release it for psn network for both PS3 and psp!

Butters360 said:

February 27th, 3:05 pm

It looks like we’re getting Vagrant Story this Tuesday! Woot!

Sufinsil said:

February 27th, 3:29 pm

You do realize there is 6 time zones covering the 50 states.

zacljessee said:

February 27th, 3:34 pm

Iz de blob 2 really good? It looks like it wouldn’t take long 2 platinum!

dudehere3 said:

February 27th, 3:47 pm

I know this will most likely fall upon deaf ears but for the love of god can we please get a decent firmware update. mabye google tv or just a better web browser. just a response of something really cool is on the horizon would be great.

digitalman123 said:

February 27th, 3:47 pm

Sweet a Crysis 2 demo! Now I can know if I’d get the game actually!
Gotta play Plants vs. Zombots… How is it?
@27: Probably, but I’m tempted just for another Move game! :P

Jeeves_Tremor said:

February 27th, 4:08 pm

Hey Jeff, just finished KZ3, and I saw all your names in the credits!

Also, WHO WAS IN THE POD!? I MUST KNOW!

angelspawn77 said:

February 27th, 5:16 pm

Hey jeff do you know if the new greatest hits update has taken effect? I went on Saturday to both Gamestop and Target to see if Heavy Rain had gotten the price cut, but they were still the regular 60$ price.

Prisoned-Beast said:

February 27th, 10:05 pm

I just did a write up about killzone 3 check it out wasdcontrollers.blogspot.com If anyone wants a third opinion on why its so awesome :D

hardknock55 said:

February 28th, 11:47 am

Im bouta start a boycott for guys to bring wkc 2 across seas, alot of people want that game, forget those bogus reviews that game is nice, if you can play a game a whole year from when its released and put in over 1000 hours of gameplay, then you got a good game on your hands, kinda [DELETED] we gotta wait so long for any news on it ya know and leave all of us with that cliff hanger ending, we need WKC 2 ASAP!

That is all ^_^ Thank You.

Maestro-GTUnit said:

February 28th, 1:51 pm

You guys should truly read add this review: A very good read: