PlayStation VR

Mar 07

Mar 07

Drumroll, Please – The Winners of the 2011 PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards are…

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar Posted by Director, Digital Distribution

We’ve tallied up the votes, slipped into our tuxedos, polished up the trophies and are finally ready to reveal the winners of the first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards.

KeyartWinners

First off, we want to thank all of the nominees for participating. All of the games that we showcased were the highest user-rated games released in 2010, so that is an honor in and of itself. Second, and most importantly, we want to thank all of you – the PlayStation Network community – for participating. We had a great turnout during the voting period which made for an intense competition. For instance, the battle for the Best PS3 Downloadable Game literally came down to the last day between Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game.

As a reminder, the 20 nominated games competed in four categories – Best PS3 Downloadable Game, Best PSP Downloadable Game, Best PS3/PSP mini and Best PSN Exclusive Game. So, without further ado, the winners are…

Best PS3 Downloadable Game: Castle Crashers

Best PSP Downloadable Game: God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Best PS3/PSP mini: Age of Zombies

Best PlayStation Network Exclusive Game: Dead Nation

Of course, this isn’t the end of the awards ceremony! The celebration continues as the award-winning titles will be featured during the first week of our Spring Fever event, kicking off tomorrow, with the winning games discounted 30% in the PlayStation Store and available for a 50% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers.

Thanks again for making our first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards fun and exciting. Enjoy the discounts on these great games!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

LILstacks said:

March 7th, 11:03 am

I”M GETTING ALL OF THEM!!

BLipp17 said:

March 7th, 11:03 am

Damn, all games i already own, was trying to game the system to get discounts on games i didnt have. o well :P

killa1b91 said:

March 7th, 11:04 am

Awesome! Again why please fix the PS3 login issue or create a PS3 specific playstation site, fully featuring forums and blog.

I beat Ghost of Sparta! First day out!
I need help for Grim playthrough on Dead Nation… Any takers?

guitarded77 said:

March 7th, 11:05 am

Doze iz da onez I iz voted forz.

RedGiant17 said:

March 7th, 11:06 am

Good choices all around. Problem is I already own them.

My 50% discount goes for naught :(

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

David Bull said:

March 7th, 11:44 am

Now’s the chance to convince your friends to get them so you can do play some online co-op!

L2K7 said:

March 7th, 11:06 am

God of War won the PSP Game. Not surprising. I’m sure a lot of people wanted that to be on sale.

FATHASUN said:

March 7th, 11:08 am

May get Castle Crashers. @ 50% its a steal. Already have all the others. Congratulations to the winners.

KAPADO said:

March 7th, 11:10 am

Finally getting Dead Nation tomorrow then .I can’t get into castle crashes for some reason.

whitwhit said:

March 7th, 11:11 am

dead nation here i come!

DOOMkillz said:

March 7th, 11:11 am

nice, 50% off for plus members!! i might just get castle crashers and dead nation.

YungShep said:

March 7th, 11:12 am

CASTLE CRASHERS @50 OFF…SIGN ME UP! I WANT GOD OF WAR PSP, BUT HAVE NO PSP :( CANT WE HAVE PSP PLAY ON PS3????

EvoAnubis said:

March 7th, 11:14 am

Been meaning to pick up Dead Nation; guess I’m out of excuses!

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

David Bull said:

March 7th, 11:45 am

And now voice chat has been implemented in for online co-op. :-)

mywhitenoise said:

March 7th, 11:14 am

Dead Nation is mine!

I wanted Scott Pilgrim as well, but I wanted Dead Nation much more!

morph147 said:

March 7th, 11:14 am

sigh. i guess im not going to get anything off the first spring fever unless they put some other games up along with these 4. oh well i have dragon age 2 and new dlc from assassin’s creed brotherhood to keep me entertained

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

March 7th, 11:38 am

SPRING FEVER is starting up with the PSN GCA 2011 winners.
    Check each weekly new offers coming to Spring Fever for the next 4 weeks after. I am sure you will find some great deals on games you do not have yet, not to mention some great new games.

Neo-Death_X said:

March 7th, 11:14 am

YES! Castle Crashers won! I am a proud PLUS Member and will take my rightful advantage of purchasing said game at 50% off.
I knew waiting would be an advantage!

zombie9 said:

March 7th, 11:16 am

Dead Nation zombie me please:)

Huuuze said:

March 7th, 11:17 am

I agree with each of them, except Castle Crashers beating out Costume Quest. It’s a sad day when a button masher beats a game with classic RPG elements.

hush404 said:

March 7th, 11:18 am

Sigh, I already own all of these games.

Chow-Stee said:

March 7th, 11:19 am

I wish there was a demo for dead nation it seems interesting but I can’t tell if it is for me.

kivi95 said:

March 7th, 11:22 am

ohh i wish this was for Europe too!!!! Really want Dead Nation,but im waiting for a discount.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

David Bull said:

March 7th, 11:54 am

This is your chance! Dead Nation is available at 50% off its normal price since it won the Best PSN Exclusive in the first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards.

krae_man said:

March 7th, 11:23 am

Idea was flawed. People voted for the game they wanted to buy cheap, not the game they thought was the best.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

March 7th, 11:47 am

Honnestly, I think that all the nominees are really top notch games. Love’ em all. Not only that, but all PSN gamers have participated by rating their favorite games over the course of 2010. That is how they ended up being nominated for the PSN GCA 2011 in the first place. Helping some fellow users discover the greatness of your fav games is cool too, especially if that can also help you discover some you do not have as well. In addition, the free themes we have got for voting were not bad to get either. ;-)

Raggabunny said:

March 7th, 11:23 am

Dead Nation is the mutts gonads..!!
I’m really not surprised it won an award,housemarque done a fab job on the game, and the storyline is pretty cool too..!
If you hav’nt got it already,Then go grab it..
I’ve had soooo much fun with that game..its funny,tense and spooky as hell…play with tha lights off tho’…Hehe..:)

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

March 7th, 11:49 am

Great game indeed. Love its mood and zombies are always fun to shoot! ;-)

jimmyfoxhound said:

March 7th, 11:24 am

hmmm.. needs more zombie games

Destiny89 said:

March 7th, 11:24 am

Yes! Dead Nation 50% here i come!

Akfu_TheOriginal said:

March 7th, 11:26 am

Sam and Max got ripped. You guys should not have announced there would be a discount until AFTER the voting ended. People didn’t vote for what game they thought should win, they voted for what game they wanted to see discounted.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

March 7th, 11:52 am

Hope you can jump on that Sales to get another great game you do not have yet. That said, I love Sam & Max too. At least its nomination for best PSN Exclusives shows that a lot of other PSN gamers love it too.

ItaChu said:

March 7th, 11:26 am

Playstation Plus YET AGAIN!? SHEESH

Butters360 said:

March 7th, 11:27 am

Please do this more often, it gets the community involved and everybody wins. On that note, Castle Crashers and Age of Zombies, you are now mine.

Anddo said:

March 7th, 11:29 am

Cool. Two of my choices won. I can live with that.

krae_man said:

March 7th, 11:30 am

How much longer till Ghost of Sparta is Greatest Hits? I’m not paying $40 for a downloadable PSP game and $28 is still not low enough. $20 and I buy.

StargamerX said:

March 7th, 11:30 am

Can you say if the other nominees will be on sale during Spring Fever? I was planning on getting Pac-Man if/when it won, but I don’t want to buy it now and see it go on sale next week anyway.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

March 7th, 12:00 pm

Sorry but the other nominees won’t be on Sale during Spring Fever. Only the PSN GCA 2011 winners will. That said, you will able to find a couple other good games on sale each week of Spring Fever (ending 4/12). Those won’t be the PSN GCA 2011 nominees though. Stay tuned to know Spring Fever full line up of games very soon…

odd69 said:

March 7th, 11:31 am

I haven’t picked up dead nation yet, so im gonna grab that, thank you Sony!!!

Carl-G said:

March 7th, 11:34 am

Hmm. . .i didn’t vote for any of those ones! :D

Pac-man + Hustle Kings ROCK! ! ![anyway] :P

FireDragonGod said:

March 7th, 11:34 am

GHOST OF SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anotherdae said:

March 7th, 11:34 am

Wow, I didn’t vote for any of the winners, what does that mean?

jonathan_val said:

March 7th, 11:37 am

great..
DEAD NATION ONLINE VOICE CHAT IS LIVE…!!!

SagiMewtwo said:

March 7th, 11:37 am

To be honest I also did vote for what I wanted a discount on and not on what I thought was the best game. The voting system was severely flawed.

Kirkpad said:

March 7th, 11:38 am

Ughhh Castle Crashers won. I just bought that recently. The only one on here I can buy is God of War… which I might do.

igorrocks2 said:

March 7th, 11:39 am

Exactly as I want it to be!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SONY for EVERYTHING! I guess 2 of those wining games will be downloaded day 1! PlayStation Plus pays the spending as well!!
I have question:

Soon will PlayStation Rewards coming out… So my question is can we combine 2 of each together? I mean have both on 1 account?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

March 7th, 12:03 pm

Yup! You can be both a PS PLUS subscriber and participate in The PlayStation Rewards program. The latter is currently in its Beta version. Stay tuned for more info…

sybaritictrance said:

March 7th, 11:41 am

We really voted a game that’s been out since 2008 on Xbox Live as a “best of PSN”?

Go_Buddie_Go said:

March 7th, 11:42 am

I already own all of the winner titles already, Thats the main reason why I voted for them. I’ll admit Costume Quest is a fantastic title made by one of the best developers (Double Fine) but when you have a game that launched on XBLA back in 2008 (And having purchased said game that year) and re-purchase the game for PS3 in 2010 and it manages to suck you back into the game once again despite no changes to the gameplay at all than I see no reason why Castle Crashers shouldnt have won, In my opnion anyway.

igorrocks2 said:

March 7th, 11:46 am

And any clarification on when PS Reward is actually coming to CANADA?! Because PlayStation have a little more then 3 weeks left till official release day!

TheCloudAsh said:

March 7th, 11:47 am

Hey I found this super funny parody with Britney and CoD
Enjoy!

DEMOCRAC-Y said:

March 7th, 11:48 am

Im buying Castle Crashers on a dif account for the same PS3!!! lol

megamixer said:

March 7th, 11:51 am

Best PS3 Downloadable Game: A year+ old full price port.
Best PSP Downloadable Game: A console hand-me-down.
Best Mini: Zombie Game #120923-0023
Best PSN Exclusive Game: Zombie Game #120923-0024

I completely struck out with my votes. :(

Good on all of you that voted en-masse for genero-dudebro games and ports. The people have spoken and get what they deserve. :D

igorrocks2 said:

March 7th, 11:52 am

@41 O.o you dont actually have to do it… it will still work on another account if it’s the same PS3… If you want to say THANK YOU to them just call investor relation department… lol

pitythefool852 said:

March 7th, 11:54 am

This was a great idea, even if there was some “strategic voting”, we still get discounts on awesome games.

As someone mentioned above though, any updates on PlayStation Rewards’ rollout?

Spacerac said:

March 7th, 11:54 am

who wouldn’t want portable god of war? crazy people that’s who. too bad I still can’t get it yet, I’ll wait a little while longer. actually now that I think of it it’s not like I have the download space for it.

shyguyNC said:

March 7th, 11:56 am

cool, didn’t have Castle Crashers, will buy tomorrow. I already have Dead Nation, but I did vote for it (I voted honestly instead of voting what I wanted discount on), hope others can get their hands on it now – easily the best twin-stick zombie shooter out there!

ROFLdrg said:

March 7th, 11:58 am

Scott Pilgrim was robbed imo.

Castle Crashers has been around for years. People just wanted to get it on sale. And saying they were the choices for voting because of people rating them is a bad idea. Anyone can rate a game regardless of if they’ve purchased it or not. Next time, choose nominees based on number of purchases and discount all of the games or none of the games. Otherwise the voting will be flawed yet again.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

March 7th, 12:08 pm

On PSN only buyers can rate the games. That is how games ended up being nominated to the PSN GCA 2011.

PAGE 1 2 3