PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Mar 09

Mar 09

@AskPlayStation: Introducing PlayStation Customer Service via Twitter

Tina Barnes's Avatar Posted by Operations Program Manager, PlayStation Customer Service

Hopefully you’ll never encounter a problem with a PlayStation product, but we have plenty of resources available just in case you do. Our newest is the @AskPlayStation Twitter which is operational 9:30AM – 5:00PM PST Monday through Friday with real-time responses between 2PM – 5PM PST. Following @AskPlayStation will also get you timely alerts as well as helpful tips. Sweet!

@AskPlayStation: Customer Support for PlayStation

For those who prefer self-help, the PlayStation Knowledge Center is a wonderful place to search for solutions to common issues or even learn a thing or two. If you’d like help from fellow PlayStation users or even offer some advice of your own, hit up the Support section of the PlayStation Community Forums.

We’re always looking for new and better ways to help you so any suggestions on how we can do that in the comments below will be greatly appreciated.

Add Your Own

nino1911 said:

March 9th, 11:34 am

just like ask xbox TY.

reson8er said:

March 9th, 11:36 am

I like this, very cool idea. As someone who has been on the receiving end of a call which seems to hold for far to long to speak with a customer service agent, this is a welcome move. Real time feedback for questions is a very proactive approach. Hurrah for Twitter!

Spidey817 said:

March 9th, 11:39 am

Nice

chaoszero14 said:

March 9th, 11:42 am

This is very cool. Now i only wish that PS3 had a Twitter app on the xmb.

polo155 said:

March 9th, 11:49 am

i believe these are the same guys who sent me a Direct Message via twitter when they knoticed my psp go was stolen when my apt was robbed, they got me in touch with a rep and all was done with my report but now when i call back they say its a security issue that only sony and the pd, im like what about me, im the one who has lost something lol…

…but this is good that u guys are now pushing @askplaystation

…and no i never recoverd my psp go via sony or anyone for those interested lol someone is happy with 32gb PSP Go

tylerh1701 said:

March 9th, 11:52 am

I wish xbox did something like thi…….ohhhh!!

Haha just kidding, this is awesome of you guys to offer. Any easily accessible support is great!

FATHASUN said:

March 9th, 11:59 am

Love the new features and services. Keep em comin. Gonna follow now.

DTS_MAN said:

March 9th, 12:08 pm

Moving forward…nice!

NotoriousGamer said:

March 9th, 12:19 pm

kool new feature.

PatriotEyez27 said:

March 9th, 12:20 pm

I forgot both my email and password of one my PSN accounts but I have made a couple of purchases on it with my parent’s credit card,is there any way I can recover that account?

I spent like $50+ on it and I would love to get the content back(Burnout Paradise,Warhawk,couple of CoD Map Packs etc)

Thanks again Sony/PlayStation,

PatriotEyez27

Tina Barnes's Avatar

Tina Barnes said:

March 9th, 1:37 pm

We hit you back on Twitter. I’m sure we can help once the maintenance is complete. Thanks for the question.

smorde said:

March 9th, 12:21 pm

will this go out for eu related questions aswell or do eu get one like this too?

madtyger said:

March 9th, 12:21 pm

I’ve used @AskPlayStation a couple times now and I always get a quick and helpful response – I love it! Keep up the good work.

Haskell420 said:

March 9th, 12:22 pm

This is a great idea, but PLEASE, Do NOT say, “For those who prefer self-help, the PlayStation Knowledge Center is a wonderful place to search for solutions to common issues or even learn a thing or two”

ARE YOU SERIOUS? The Knowledge Center is decent, but it’s far, FAR FARRRRRRRRRR from “WONDERFUL”

If it WAS wonderful, it would have EVERY SINGLE ANSWER for ANY question we ask relating to HOME.

cont’d

Haskell420 said:

March 9th, 12:25 pm

cont’d…

Perfect example. Last week in HOME I saw that I was missing minimum, 75% of all my items bought, earned, rewards etc, & they’re NOT in storage. They were all there 2 weeks ago, and nothing has changed on my PS3.

So I came to the Knowledge Center to see what my next move is. I entered, “missing HOME Items”. Not 1 thread came up that even remotely helped me. I went to the next page, and NOTHING.

So please don’t say it’s WONDERFUL, something that does NOT have the right answers, let alone, bring up ANY keywords to filter out what I want. Is far from wonderful. .. PSN – PS HOME – PS HOME FAQs

I3rand0 said:

March 9th, 12:34 pm

Considering how well Customer Service is here on the blog, this service couldn’t be more worthless.

dragonleader33 said:

March 9th, 12:34 pm

Been talking to these guys for awhile. The automated things get annoying a bit but heh what can ya do right? Its all about options and this is a great step in the right direction. Bravo!

KidCommando said:

March 9th, 12:56 pm

Is it really necessary for me to join Twitter just to get live help from Sony?

mcbuttz78 said:

March 9th, 12:58 pm

This is why better than calling some hot line and waiting a hour and end up with a 30$ phone bill.. Its about time someone thought of this and hopefully it willstay free.. to the public to use..:)

Sky-Rocketed77 said:

March 9th, 1:05 pm

@15 Why do you always have something negative to say? Every post iv’e seen you write hasn’t been positive one bit…Your a sad sad man.

BTW gj guys. Appreciate the support

Imphobia said:

March 9th, 1:08 pm

I have been following askplaystation for a days now, never had any problems but they keep posting some useful tips and I learnt a couple of things I didn’t know.
I really like what you guys are doing.

Tina Barnes's Avatar

Tina Barnes said:

March 9th, 1:44 pm

Thanks! I’m glad you find our tips useful.

FJ1100_rider said:

March 9th, 1:29 pm

good idea I guess but it’ll be like the rest of the ps3 site and knowledge centre —- not available from the ps3 browser
while it’s nice to have options it would be nicer to access them from the ps3 itself
if I have a problem and can access the ps3 browser I should be able to access help using it , or make a direct ps3 app available through the consoles settings menu or online manuals to access knowledge centre answers or the twitter service for ps3 help

FJ1100_rider said:

March 9th, 1:33 pm

oh , btw
you should post something about the psn being down today
there’s nothing on the blog about it , but it’s obviously down for maintenance for 3.60 so maybe post something about it and what time it’ll be back up

that-acmilan-guy said:

March 9th, 1:42 pm

This is a good idea, twitter is fast and flexible.

Richlando said:

March 9th, 3:09 pm

I use this ALOT (Don’t I?) and like it but this has been around for quite awhile now so why the intros now?

KILLZONE79 said:

March 9th, 3:53 pm

ive been following this since last heard about it, but i cant send direct message only @mention

kirafung said:

March 9th, 4:23 pm

Nice~
Keep it up! I am glad to see Sony is trying the best to help PS3 user.

xektor17 said:

March 9th, 6:00 pm

Why is this new? Wasn’t AskPlayStation created last August?

MoneyMaker110 said:

March 9th, 6:27 pm

yeah hasn’t the twitter account been around for awhile?

jfazande said:

March 9th, 7:19 pm

This is really cool. Now if we can get that PlayStation app in the US.

SPOPS said:

March 9th, 10:48 pm

This is nothing new to me at least. I have spoken to the awesome reps from @AskPlaystation and they have been extremely helpful.

zombie9 said:

March 10th, 4:47 am

Twitter LOL I’ll NEVER join :)

BrianMcGuinness said:

March 10th, 6:13 am

Yeah this has been around a while. I asked them a question a few weeks ago but it unfortunately wasn’t helpful. If anyone else knows. I have about 1GB of corrupted data on my HDD that happened during a bad install. They responded with, “Besides formatting your hard drive, we have no solution.” So that kinda stinks. If I try to delete it, it won’t let me. Anyone have any ideas? I have plenty of room on my drive, so it’s not really bugging me as far as space, just wouldn’t mind it deleted, that’s all.

But that being said, this is a good idea and I see the helpful tips they throw out there throughout the day.

krae_man said:

March 10th, 7:55 am

Whoo 140 character cut and paste responses!

Seriously though, this is good for simple questions. Unfortunately most of the questions you’re going to get can’t be answered on twitter and you’re going to have to spend 90% of the time telling people to call or email.

Lucky13X said:

March 11th, 12:08 pm

Xbox has this as the Elite Tweet Fleet. They also have Xbox Xperts now which is community members helping with some support questions.

Glad to see Sony finally use Twitter more and for customer service. Awesome.