PlayStation VR

Mar 11

Mar 11

Free Realms Available on PSN March 29

Stephen Bokkes's Avatar Posted by Lead Designer, Free Realms, Sony Online Entertainment

FR Final Logo

Well, everyone has heard about the bird…but have you heard that Free Realms is coming to the PlayStation 3?

FR_Main

That’s right, Sony Online Entertainment’s popular online virtual world is making its way from PC to the PS3 on March 29th! The entire Free Realms team is super excited as this will be the very first casual, free-to-play MMO ever to be offered on the PlayStation Network. So, grab your controller, grab your friends, and prepare yourself for an adventure unlike anything you’ve ever seen before.

FR_Pixie

Free Realms offers an amazing array of gameplay activities all rolled up into one massive, seamless, virtual world. Hop on the back of your trusty T-Rex and explore the countryside; discovering strange lands, rare collectibles, and exciting quests. Brave the dangers of forgotten dungeons and battle hordes of mythical monsters and bad-tempered beasties.

FR_Ride

Fancy a bit of friendly competition? Free Realms has tons of games that allow you to pit your skill against other players. From kart racing and demolition derby, to soccer matches and pirate ship battles, Free Realms offers a wide variety of fun multiplayer games and a simple to use matchmaking interface to get you in and playing with no hassle.

FR_DemoDerby

Or maybe puzzles and minigames are more your thing? No problem. We got you covered. Free Realms has a wide selection of Flash-based minigames to choose from. Match 3 mining, cooking, forging, tower defense, checkers, and chess: if you’re into minigames, then Free Realms is the game for you.

FR_Mini

Yep, we got it all. Exploration, collections, quests, combat, minigames, holiday and community events, virtual pets, virtual housing; Free Realms offers something for everyone. What’s more, our unique job system allows you to be whoever you want whenever you want. Choose from 15 different professions, each offering their own distinct look and gameplay experience. All jobs are available at any time, so feel free to try them all. Be a wizard one minute, then a ninja, chef, or kart driver the next! Customize your character as you see fit. With over 30,000 unique clothing and equipment options, you’re truly free to be who you want to be.

FR_Pirate

Did I mention that Free Realms was free? Yeah, I said it…free. Don’t believe me? Well, try it yourself. On March 29th, download Free Realms for free from the PlayStation Store and immerse yourself in a rich fantasy world perfect for sharing with family and friends. All jobs are available through level 4, as well as over 800 quests and countless minigames. Upgrade to a membership and get unlimited access to all job levels, as well as additional premium content and features.

FR_House

So, mark it down on your calendar. March 29, 2011. Free Realms. PS3.

Come be a part of a whole new online gaming experience for the PlayStation 3, in a world where YOU RULE!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Detective-E said:

March 11th, 4:27 pm

So does PS+ get membership? Or like, a discount for membership?
Seems pretty cheap but I’m already enjoying PS+ Benefits.

BlooodyCow said:

March 11th, 4:45 pm

What happen to the Agency?

hamzaxx said:

March 11th, 4:45 pm

Will you have to pay for it or will it be a free download

siegeh said:

March 11th, 4:45 pm

well you could do something beter you know, but atleast its something for the kids

TorgoTime said:

March 11th, 4:53 pm

/dance

mustbehiggy said:

March 11th, 6:30 pm

wow wow wow @ how many idiots asked the same question 20times. “will pc account work on ps3” seriously people, it was asked by twice by like the 10th question. How about saving the guy some time and just ask questions that haven’t been answered.

Either way, seems pretty cool lol

NewEra_Jessy said:

March 11th, 6:44 pm

Cool

NotoriousGamer said:

March 11th, 7:48 pm

Does the free version of the game offer users the chance to unlock trophies or do users have to upgrade to membership to be able to unlock any trophies??

madagus said:

March 12th, 12:53 am

its awesome to see this game come over from the pc. i hae it planed to get this and have the lifetime membership..

quick question though. will this have a platinum trophy or just gold as the highest trophy grade

Zeer0id said:

March 12th, 4:30 am

I can’t believe I’m saying this, as a dedicated MMO opponent, but I’m probably going to end up wasting a -lot- of time on this thing. And Trophies, too! Consider me sold… so to speak.

Rikith said:

March 12th, 7:23 am

SOE needs to bring on Everquest, will probably check this out but seems a little to childish/cartoonish for me.

lanbo87 said:

March 12th, 9:00 am

seems cool. was never able to play it on the comp cause of my graphic card. i don’t know why but was never able to upgrade it. but what can you do.

maniakpt3 said:

March 12th, 10:16 am

kool

zacs_backup said:

March 12th, 11:37 am

ok really good idea.
will it work with a usb keyboard and a usb mouse

InfraRedSkittle said:

March 12th, 1:42 pm

Never played this, but I’m gonna have to try it out. Can’t go wrong with FREE!

Lara_Croft_GodHD said:

March 12th, 5:39 pm

well this game have cross platform ps3 with pc and mac ? or no ?

boobinz said:

March 12th, 11:23 pm

looks like a blast…way to go sony…thank you!!! woooot

GoreDrenchedGirl said:

March 13th, 12:52 am

Will the Free Realms Trading Card Game be available on Free Realms for the PS3 as well? Buying booster packs as you would in the PC version as well?

MagiPL said:

March 13th, 10:44 am

Will it be available in Europe?

jmtstan1138 said:

March 13th, 7:05 pm

played it on the PC version and love it. will there be an Asian version?

pblock1234 said:

March 13th, 7:32 pm

does this mean we have to make new accounts because i was reading some of the commments and all that so i might be wrong, O and um do we get to record? and post oline?

juggalorider said:

March 13th, 9:35 pm

@15 same here, i deleted most of my stuff off my ps3 but it said i only had 7GB left but i only had no more than 13GB saved on my HDD, i only now since i copied most of the stuff i needed an reformated my HDD now its fine, i hope!

1 question for about this, will it have a free trial like the PC does, i tried it along with some other PC games but im not a fan of PC gameing, but i also wanna try this first before i even think of putting out money for it

chivaloca11 said:

March 13th, 10:28 pm

can we play with people on the pc

ImDoneItsOver said:

March 14th, 12:02 pm

TCG anyone?? Will the Free Realms TCG be included in the PS3 Version? The game has great balance and a very inovative game play system Id love to see it make a return, come on SONY.

Elvick_ said:

March 14th, 1:20 pm

I think it’s fairly lame that I can’t transfer my account. I’m just glad I quit playing early on then, because I’d be furious to get really far and do a ton and not be able to bring it along to the PS3 with me, since that’s what I’ve been waiting on forever.

Emerald_Swords said:

March 14th, 1:31 pm

WOW this looks amazing and FREE !!! Sweet, if i enjoy it enough i’ll gladly hand over some cash to you guys.

TarzanSr said:

March 14th, 1:43 pm

Is there any one time fee for the game? Or is it free to download and free to play?

WARRIOR_4_JC said:

March 14th, 5:58 pm

This is Great. My nephew loves this game on the PC. I am sure we will have some fun. Is it co-op by any chance? Thanks

TotallyOriginal said:

March 14th, 6:18 pm

how about WoW on the ps3?

OahuGrown said:

March 15th, 3:21 am

I am totally stoked. Playing the PC version couple years ago when it launched, i knew this was THE ONE. I am very happy that this is finally going to see the light of day one the PS3. Cheers!

sneakycow27 said:

March 15th, 8:35 am

this is so cool!

GuN_wIzArD said:

March 16th, 2:11 pm

Please tell me your not going to cap the free players up to level 5 please!!!

Frostquake said:

March 25th, 7:31 am

I still have codes to use for Free Realms, from the trading cards, will they work on the PS3 version??

zemorph42 said:

March 26th, 2:21 pm

Ok, so will I be able to use the same e-mail to create a free realms acct on psn?

zemorph42 said:

March 26th, 2:25 pm

And are there other free MMOs being considered for the PSN?

MEH2A said:

March 27th, 9:45 pm

Never in Psn.EU ?

DaGimp13 said:

March 28th, 4:01 am

while it’s great that SOE is offering a free mmo for PS3, they proves they bungled the DC Universe Online. with the issues that game has, I had to cancel my sub for it, didnt even have headset capability after a month, pathetic…. Anyways, If SOE and SCEA had used the same marketing plan for DC Universe as they are for this game, it would have been a lot more successful, and not as many people P.O.’ed about not being able to purchase lifetime memberships on PS3 compared to PC. think about it, playing for 3 years on PS3, costs double a lifetime fee does on PC, and it sucks. Maybe it would be a smarter idea to make those who don’t have PS Plus play on fee servers, while PS Plus members would get a faster, private server to play on, though the 2 servers would obviously have to communicate with each other. And another thing, where is today’s VR helmets to go with the awesome PS3 graphics? its the only way to submerse us more…

Eagle7D8 said:

March 28th, 9:43 am

Only free till level 4? that sounds horrible. I already pay a monthly fee for another MMO so I dont want to pay for a so called “free” MMO. Guess I’ll stick with Guild Wars for a free MMO.

Slovo87 said:

March 28th, 10:41 pm

It’s the 29th :)

Where’s mah Free Realmz?! :P

But seriously, anyone know an actual time when it goes live?

Khriz134 said:

March 29th, 6:41 am

If theres going to be trophies how would it work??
F2P could get trophies or you have to subscriibe to activate trophies( like a Game Trial)??
please and thank you for youre answer

FLGATORFAN62 said:

March 29th, 9:16 am

i’ve been waiting all day for free realms to be available to the psn store. still nothing can you give us a round about time that it will be there?

terrasnet said:

March 29th, 10:48 am

29th weres is it

Astroking112 said:

March 29th, 3:50 pm

It won’t load the game for me. I tried playing Free Realms on my PS3 (I had always been wanting to play this game, but didn’t have a home computer fast enough to download it, an was overjoyed when I heard about this.) It keeps on saying “Could not launch the game X Retry” and if I hit cancel it says latest version of game is needed to play. Then why did I wait 40 minutes for the game to download?!?

Ex_SoldierVII said:

March 29th, 5:09 pm

Ok I just downloaded the game and at the end of the update it says could not launch game, I restarted system went to system update and I’m up to date. It still won’t work says can’t launch game. Does any one know what’s up?

GibbShift said:

March 29th, 7:08 pm

$34 for a lifetime pass for a free game? How could I not get this? How big is the file/download for Free Realms?

Astroking112 said:

March 30th, 5:47 am

Why can’t I get on the game? All it says is the game can not load, but then after ten minutes of retrying it says update servers are down for maitenence. Please make it to where you don’t need the latest update to play the game, or fix this issue!

levonepure said:

March 30th, 6:16 am

So the PS3 and PC version are not linked to each other. Need separate accounts for each.
Much like Sony to take a good idea and suck it up.
Way to go.

Wont be using this until your devs quit being lazy (“Unfortunately, the logistics involved with synchronized publishes and account linking make it impractical.”) and add a linking feature.

Good for new people I guess.

PAGE 1 2 3