PlayStation VR

Mar 15

Mar 15

Edge and Schick Bring DLC for inFAMOUS 2, Killzone 3, GT5

inFAMOUS 2, Killzone 3, GT5 DLC

JT Pierce's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Partnership Specialist, SCEA

Some of the biggest franchises ever to hit PlayStation have had caused quite a buzz over the last few months. Gran Turismo 5 and Killzone 3 are both runaway successes. And with anticipation building for inFAMOUS 2, we’ve been hard at work looking for ways to help up the ante in your AAA action.

Limited Edition PS3 Packs from Schick Quattro Titanium and Edge

That’s why we’ve joined forces with Edge and Schick to help you get more of an edge in your life and your gameplay. This week, special edition Edge Shave Gel and Schick Quatro products are hitting store shelves nationwide. These custom Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5 and inFAMOUS 2 packages are more than just collector’s items. Enter the on-pack code at edgeshave.com/ps3 and get your hands on your choice of downloadable content including:

• A Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack featuring two popular maps from Killzone 2 OR three Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice
  • A customized Chevy Camaro SS “Edge Special” for Gran Turismo 5
  • A special “Sniper Blast” in-game power for inFAMOUS 2. The long-range blast has a narrow area of effect to better equip you to take-on the enemy when inFAMOUS 2 arrives in June.

customized Chevy Camaro SS “Edge Special” for Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 5: Chevy Camaro SS “Edge Special”

inFAMOUS 2 Sniper Blast

inFAMOUS 2: In game power: Sniper Blast

Killzone 3 Retro Map PackKillzone 3 Retro Map Pack

Killzone 3: Retro Map Pack OR Unlock Points

These special edition Edge and Schick products are available beginning today at select local retailers. You can head here for additional details.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Edd said:

March 15th, 6:08 am

Nice, always cool to get extra incentives like this, and all the stuff is good stuff! Thanks Sony. : )

JT Pierce's Avatar

JT Pierce said:

March 15th, 1:01 pm

Thank you! We will keep the good stuff comin’.

XMbeaner said:

March 15th, 6:09 am

Time to get my shave on, and I don’t mean my face.

digitalman123 said:

March 15th, 6:09 am

I’d sure like that Sniper Blast. So, it’s basically a long-range electric-ball launcher? Need to preorder the Hero Edition soon…

JT Pierce's Avatar

JT Pierce said:

March 15th, 1:04 pm

Yeah, you’re pretty spot on with the Sniper Blast in game power. It’s great for blasting enemies off rooftops or knocking guys down across the street.

Halon_50 said:

March 15th, 6:10 am

Buy a $5 razor, get the $5 KZ3 map pack? I’m in!

Midgetguy said:

March 15th, 6:12 am

I’m not going to lie… this is actually pretty cool! = P

Reginthorn said:

March 15th, 6:13 am

Woooaa this is awesome! Nice promotion.

JT Pierce's Avatar

JT Pierce said:

March 15th, 1:05 pm

Thanks!

DMPrince said:

March 15th, 6:14 am

way to be sexist.

matt_123_caygeon said:

March 15th, 6:17 am

thats such a good idea!!!…… in canada too????

JT Pierce's Avatar

JT Pierce said:

March 15th, 1:06 pm

Unfortunately, packs will only be available in the US. We’ll put a call in to our friends north of the border and let them know Canada wants this stuff!

Nintendo451 said:

March 15th, 6:17 am

Will this be exclusive stuff, or will it be available later. Like the KZ3 map, those can be bought on the PSN Store. GT5 makes sense because it’s a car. But what about the inFamous 2 thing? Will that actually be available in the game, and this just gets you it early? I don’t like how this would be the ONLY way to get it otherwise…

JT Pierce's Avatar

JT Pierce said:

March 15th, 1:11 pm

The KZ3 map pack can be purchased on the PlayStation Store. The GT5 car is only available through this program, although the Chevy Camaro SS is available in game (just not the Edge Special).

The inFAMOUS2 Sniper Blast will be available in game, this will just let you get it early.

If you do get your hands on an inFAMOUS2 activation code, hold on to it until the game releases in June.

ItaChu said:

March 15th, 6:24 am

Is this gonna be available in Puerto Rico as well or just the US???

ZFM12 said:

March 15th, 6:25 am

Either way i’m in

Kesshou said:

March 15th, 6:26 am

Damn… I’m going to be buying men’s products for this inFamous 2 haha

Dosx001 said:

March 15th, 6:28 am

so we buy it and we get no “sorry u did not win” crap

Christian399 said:

March 15th, 6:32 am

Totally annoying that we still don’t have a WKC 2/ PSP announcement. This is supposed to be a social blog, fueled by community and Sony interaction. Numerous questions and posts on the topic of these two games getting a domestic release have been flat out ignored. A bit of an affront really.

kirafung said:

March 15th, 6:35 am

Time to buy new shaving cream and razor :)
But is it sweepstakes or will we get the code per item purchased?

JT Pierce's Avatar

JT Pierce said:

March 15th, 1:08 pm

It is not a sweepstakes. On Edge cans, there is a UPC code that you will enter online, and on Schick packages, there is a code in the razor packs.

Enter your codes at http://edgeshave.com/#!/ps3Giveaway and you will get a PSN voucher code back (while supplies last, of course).

Vengeful-Chaos said:

March 15th, 6:38 am

I don’t want to shave my beard just yet, I’m going for a Tom Hanks cast away look at the moment. But I will consider buying the razors for infamous 2 if the sniper shot can’t be acquired at a later date. Is it a one time thing?

I haven’t posted in quite some time, things have certainly changed a bunch(I likes it, a lot)! Still have my Psblog shirt with my I’d on it, nothing accentuates my inner nerd / love for Sony like that shirt!

whitwhit said:

March 15th, 6:38 am

great news!

NMEIMAGE said:

March 15th, 6:39 am

Ok. So for KZ3 you get map pack or 3 points. I have the DLC maps, so if I want 3 unlock points but rcvd 3 unlock points with preorder, can I get 3 more? Can I get multiples? In other words can I add multiple 3 unlock point codes to my MP? If yes, I am soooo there!

BanzaiHeil said:

March 15th, 6:40 am

This is a fantastic way to get all of us “basement dwellers” to lose the stereotypical neck-beard!

luciFOUR said:

March 15th, 6:40 am

@15
I believe it’s for every product, not a sweepstakes type event. However, what concerns me is that it says “on-pack code”, which means it could be on the back. So I could just walk into a store, look at the back for the code, write it down, and enter it when I get home without buying anything. Unless this is like a PSN card where it doesn’t become active until I buy it. I don’t know, just throwing that out there.

NamesIrish13 said:

March 15th, 6:41 am

That is great. You have to shave, and now you get a bonus. Good for me as I already use those products.

NoobianGod said:

March 15th, 6:44 am

Lucky for me a new razor is in my future. Look out far away enemies here comes my electric sharp shooting power!

kirafung said:

March 15th, 6:46 am

@20

Thanks for the info.
I think the code will be hidden inside the package (eg: under the cap of the shaving cream), going to check it out later today.

NMEIMAGE said:

March 15th, 6:47 am

My wife coupon shops and stockpiles this for cents on the dollar. I already have plenty of this, but a few more codes can’t hurt at all. The code is probably under a label or scratch off and not in plain sight. This ain’t these companies first rodeo. They know about promo code stealers. On pack probably just means you don’t have to mail in anything to get your code.

davidbeaudin said:

March 15th, 6:48 am

is this for US only ?
or we canadians can get those codes also

morph147 said:

March 15th, 6:52 am

nice. now i need to decide if i actually want to use shaving gel or a nonelectric razor

Legit_Legend45 said:

March 15th, 6:56 am

I CANT WAIT TILL INFAMOUS 2 COMES OUT I BEAT THE FIRST ONE IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoneyMaker110 said:

March 15th, 7:05 am

this is cool but i don’t shave. i have the beard for it i just won’t do it. also for anyone wondering about kz3 points they will accumulate, my brother let me have his from the ps home thing and i had my own.

aceghost said:

March 15th, 7:06 am

i’m in to.. Hope it is in canada

letherclad said:

March 15th, 7:14 am

This is pretty sweet, I use schick products and play all three of those games, I’ll have to stock up on shaving supplies :)

GILLIGAN- said:

March 15th, 7:16 am

Is there a preorder bonus from gamestop or can I download the razors?

Busca-Cabezas said:

March 15th, 7:24 am

I really want that Gran Turismo 5: Chevy Camaro SS “Edge Special”!!! Is the only thing I really want!! The KZ3 item I have! I even have and the inFAMOUS item is pretty sweet but that Chevy… Vrrrooooooommm!!!!

JT Pierce's Avatar

JT Pierce said:

March 15th, 1:13 pm

The car is super sharp. Follow us on Twitter and you’ll see some more pics of the car in the next couple weeks!

Voodoo_Lou said:

March 15th, 7:24 am

Nice. Guess I’ll have to keep an eye out for one of those.

HMS_Victor said:

March 15th, 7:26 am

They all look so good. But I’m guessing this won’t be happening in the UK since Sony continue to ignore the fact that people live outside the US, right?

jacob-813 said:

March 15th, 7:35 am

To bad I can’t shave yet……

remanutd5 said:

March 15th, 7:47 am

i just bought a braun series 7 , 790cc-4 yesterday , very happy with it

rbanke said:

March 15th, 7:51 am

Because nothing says gaming like razor blades and shaving cream!

luciFOUR said:

March 15th, 7:52 am

@kirafung
No problem, plus I like your avatar.

Yeah I kinda figured they’d put it inside the packages, just the “on-pack” wording made it sound like it was outside

@GILLAGIN
HAHAHA, love that, thanks for the laugh

AbaddonTheFallen said:

March 15th, 7:53 am

Is the sniper blast going to be included in the Hero Edition? The super voucher is basically for all of the DLC, but doesn’t list this specifically (maybe just because it’s new?). I’ve got the Hero Edition preordered and rarely shave, so I’d rather not buy a razor, but that sniper blast looks nice.

Zarxce said:

March 15th, 7:57 am

Awesome. I actually could use a new razor and shave gel. But knowing my luck, I’ll never see these up here in Canada…

Hellman said:

March 15th, 8:02 am

You need to do more advertising like this!

morrislevy said:

March 15th, 8:03 am

It was SO hard to find any of these in New England! I live on the NH / VT border, and there is almost nothing as far as specials like this! Please push Gillette to ship more to New England!

Groovy341 said:

March 15th, 8:07 am

I shave with a straight razor. Is there any way to get a Dovo or Thiers Issard custom GT5 car? Lol

jacobeid said:

March 15th, 9:10 am

Wow this is pretty awesome. I’m definitely going to pick up the infamous 2 pack. Maybe GT5 though. Infamous 2 is looking like it’ll keep me busy this entire summer. So excited!

KSPRAYDAD said:

March 15th, 9:11 am

@42…that would be a great idea…except this promo is from Schick :P
(owned by Energizer by the way)

shades909 said:

March 15th, 9:17 am

Let me guess Canada is ignored once more ?

jqtaxpayer said:

March 15th, 9:25 am

@7: Women shave too… if they’re not gross anyway. Nothing sexist about it.

radiantshadow92 said:

March 15th, 9:28 am

I just wanted to know if the infamous 2 sniper shot comes with the hero edition?

Either way, nice advertisement.

mywhitenoise said:

March 15th, 9:43 am

How come I can’t login to blog.us.playstation.com? I can find posts like this one (because they’re linked), but I can’t make it to the front page.
I’m on firefox on Windows XP. At home I use Firefox on MacOS X, and can enter the blogs main page.

arcadean1 said:

March 15th, 9:52 am

Nice promo, keep them comin’! As a playstation fan it would be cool to have a section of a blog to share thoughts on the crisis in Japan and to let Sony staff over there know that only thinking of them with relation to gaming.

PAGE 1 2 3