God of War

Mar 17

Mar 17

MLB Dynamic Stadium Themes Out Now!

Ramone Russell's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist & Game Designer, San Diego Studio

Baseball fans! Proudly display your team pride with all-new MLB Dynamic Stadium Themes for your PlayStation 3 from MLB 11 The Show.

Yankee Stadium Day

Available for ALL 30 MLB Teams, the MLB Dynamic Stadium Themes feature dynamic weather effects including changes depending on the time of day. Ambient crowd movement, waving flags, stadium-specific details and a fluid baseball stitch in your team’s colors make this the ultimate way to experience your favorite team’s home field!

MLB 11 The Show: Citizens Bank Park

The Phillies Dynamic Stadium Theme, Citizens Bank Park, features a moving Liberty Bell just like in real life. Minute Maid Park in Houston is highlighted by the outfield train that runs every time the Astros hit a Home Run. Yankee Stadium has special LED signage.

MLB 11 The Show: Fenway Park Day

To get your MLB Dynamic Stadium Theme log on to the PlayStation Network today and search “MLB The Show.” The MLB Dynamic Stadiums Themes are available for ALL baseball fans, as well as owners of the Most Realistic Baseball Game Ever, MLB 11 The Show.

Target Field Night

For all you San Francisco Giants fans, we are offering a Special Edition San Francisco Giants Dynamic Stadium Theme including World Series Champion artwork and a rotating World Series Trophy.

MLB 11 The Show: AT&T Park Day

ALL 30 MLB Dynamic Stadium Themes are available for $2.99. Get your MLB Dynamic Stadium Theme today!

Add Your Own

fabtrocks said:

March 17th, 10:05 am

ANGELS!!

TheTwelve said:

March 17th, 10:10 am

THAT is hot.

fabtrocks said:

March 17th, 10:11 am

…Anaheim ANGELS!! are the BEST!!

dkastro89 said:

March 17th, 10:16 am

Please make avatars for psn. Besides making current team logos, make retro team avatars. I’m sure a lot of people would buy them.

A few examples:
Swining A’s logo
80s Chicago White Sox logo
80s Brewers logo
….you get the idea.

Ar4chNova89 said:

March 17th, 10:19 am

I’m not exactly a baseball fan, but these are a great addition to the store. Keep it up m8s.
I especially like the quality of the skies.

Trixzter7 said:

March 17th, 10:28 am

I would buy a Red Sox PSN avatar in a heartbeatQ

TallCrowe said:

March 17th, 10:36 am

If I buy one of these, then I am part of the problem.

dllscowboysfan said:

March 17th, 10:36 am

Those are very cool, tempting to pick up Petco.

Fidco said:

March 17th, 10:43 am

I was all ready to buy the Twins dynamic theme until I noticed that the Twins logo in the corner is the old logo that was retired in 2009. In fact, I’ve noticed quite a few places in the game itself where the old Twins logo is being used: on the home uniforms, the ribbon board in Target Field, in several places in the game’s menus, and the logo above the scoreboard in Target Field. For a game that prides itself on getting the details right, it is surprising and disappointing to see little things like this fall through the cracks. I realize in the grand scheme this is not a big issue, but as a fan of this particular team it kill s some of the realism, and it’s one of the reasons I didn’t buy this theme or MLB 11.

MoneyMaker110 said:

March 17th, 10:46 am

lets go phillies

DarkRecoil said:

March 17th, 10:49 am

Killzone 3, inFamous 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Resistance 3 AVATARS instead please

subbed said:

March 17th, 10:57 am

I will be tempted by the Angels and White Sox. I also think you should make Avatars.

mountain_duwe said:

March 17th, 10:57 am

MLB avatars!!

The_Rick_14 said:

March 17th, 10:58 am

Do these rotate to show the whole stadium or are they just the static view shown in the pictures? If they’re static, then I can’t believe you didn’t go with looking at the backstop view for Fenway or at least got the Monster in there.

HatmanTc said:

March 17th, 11:05 am

agree with with everyone that’s saying they’d buy a (insert MLB team) avatar. weren’t there plans on getting MLB avatars when MLB 10 launched last year. i remember reading about it on this blog or hearing it on a podcast(most likely PS Nation)

doutee said:

March 17th, 11:08 am

Would be nice to have some NHL team dynamic themes. I know I can’t be the only hockey fab out there. Go wings!

markburleson85 said:

March 17th, 11:46 am

I was excited on Tuesday to see that these themes were available. However upon purchasing the one for the Reds, I was disappointed. Great American Ball Park itself looked good (I wish there was more of the river boat in view with fireworks coming out of the smoke stacks), but the ball stitching look very PS2ish and seemed to take up and block a lot of the screen. Not to mention the sounds are annoying. My guess is that it will only last another day or two as the theme that is being used on my system.

JaY_Ci_415 said:

March 17th, 11:52 am

You best believe I bought the Giants one. The spinning trophy just made it a must-buy for me. Thanks guys. But yeah…how about some mlb avatars?? Trust me…many people would buy them. And NFL ones too. ;-)

Rampge76 said:

March 17th, 11:58 am

Boston Red Sox baby!

Sneeches said:

March 17th, 12:16 pm

Red Sox!!!!!

so-knee said:

March 17th, 12:50 pm

Are there going to be any free ones released? It was tradition. A good tradition like baseball itself. Or at least make the old free ones available again since they have been taken down. Thanks

mrpelon14 said:

March 17th, 12:57 pm

Who cares about basketball!…who cares about baseball!…what about the NFL LOVE FOR THE REAL FOOTBALL FANS….why can’t I have a 49er wallpaper

Geddy2003 said:

March 17th, 2:18 pm

I bought the Indians one, but my main complaint is that I can change the sound back to the standard one. I am so tired of hearing fans cheer every time I select something.

JaY_Ci_415 said:

March 17th, 2:45 pm

Boston is the new “evil empire”…

SanFranPsycho415 said:

March 17th, 3:50 pm

I don’t usually buy themes, but the fact that you added a rotating trophy for the Giants Theme, this is now a definite purchase.

wolfzero1 said:

March 17th, 4:07 pm

cool, definitely getting the Angels one

dllscowboysfan said:

March 17th, 4:10 pm

@17 What is this NHL you speak of?

CmdrSinclair said:

March 17th, 4:34 pm

Yeah, Phillies. Nice. I’m pretty sure i’m picking up the Phillies one.

xMONSTERx said:

March 17th, 5:28 pm

Mortal Kombat Dynamic Theme please!!!!!!!!!!!

Benmo316 said:

March 17th, 5:33 pm

These are sweet, I don’t pay for themes, but I will end up buying a Brewers theme, I can’t resist!

MabsterB said:

March 17th, 5:57 pm

My only problem with these themes are that they are hard to read. White letter against blue sky with clouds. The sound effects are pretty harsh too, luckily you can turn them off. MLB avatars would be sweet! I”m getting tired of my generic baseball….

Zhi13 said:

March 17th, 10:01 pm

Yankeeeeees!!

QueenB82 said:

March 18th, 2:22 am

@markburleson85,

That’s my thoughts on the themes, too. I was thinking about getting one (the Braves); however on looking at it through preview it just kinda looked tacky w/ that freakin’ stitching thing running across. And like someone else mentioned, I’m not really a fan of the white-on-light theme look for the font. I took one look at that and knew it’d be a big headache for me (literally & figuratively). Plus, I really wished they would just went w/ some sort of kick-ass team logo effect instead of just the plain stadiums…it actually looks kinda boring to me.

All-in-all, I have to say I’m actually a bit disappointed in this year’s ‘The Show’ team themes; w/ them being dynamic this year I was expecting to see something really ‘wow’ like. But they’re honestly pretty underwhelming. Hell, to be frank, the static (free) ones for last year’s ‘The Show’ themes I thought actually looked better (I still have my Braves one installed).

Pyrokid16 said:

March 18th, 12:32 pm

only sports im good at are hockey and paintball so….

AndyMP said:

March 19th, 6:00 am

I downloaded one and was a bit disappointed. If the crowd is dynamic, I was too far away to be able to see it. And the animated stitching at the front isn’t to my taste. I’m fussy, I know….

herringtoni said:

March 28th, 6:23 am

Any chance of these themes for PlayStation+ members in the UK? Baseball is actually played outside of North America!