Knack 2

Apr 04

Apr 04

Qore Episode 35 Tomorrow Features Portal 2, Valve Studio Tour, SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs, Brink

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

April’s going to be a busy month! To get you ready for some of the most anticipated titles this year, the Qore team circled around Seattle and then to London.

More precisely, in Bellvue, Washington, Veronica Belmont got the ‘hole’ story and a preview of the sequel to the first-person puzzler, Portal 2. Valve’s Doug Lombardi, Erik Wolpaw, and Josh Weier take her through the new (and familiar) characters, puzzle elements, and innovative gameplay that expand the Portal 2 experience. They also show off the very cool co-op mode that we can’t wait to try.

Veronica also gets an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of this world famous studio to witness what it’s like working…and playing at Valve. With state-of-the-art hydraulic desks, an on-site massage room, and a very un-corporate culture, they’ve created a talent-filled, unique, and very creative environment.

Meanwhile, Audrey Cleo is down the road in Redmond to meet Zipper Interactive’s Travis Steiner, Christian Sadak, and Blain Higdon about SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs. The tactical shooter’s back with a single-player storyline, squad-based 32-person multiplayer modes, PlayStation Move motion controller support, plus full resolution, full framerate, 3D performance, but, sadly, no kitchen sink.

Finally, ever since we saw the Brink trailer at last year’s E3, we‘ve wanted to know all about this game. From London, Splash Damage explains how Brink blends single and multiplayer storylines and characters and classes in a unique setting featuring contextual movement and multiple in an over-crowded floating city. I’m not doing this justice. Just download Qore tomorrow, watch the story and you’ll get what I mean.

April is a cruel month. What are you going to play?

Add Your Own

XMbeaner said:

April 4th, 9:09 am

You can’t spell fun without ‘Valve’ and ‘PlayStation.

FATHASUN said:

April 4th, 9:16 am

Vb and KB should hook up. In a commercial setting that is. I wonder if Qore will get details on the STEAM integration on the PS3. Will this be some sort of application or will it be all done in the background. Or entirely in game. I am curious on the communication features that will be available and the possibilities it may open up.

XGC? Not that I am in need of the feature but it is always nice to give the user base what it wants. It would also be another straw from the competitions hat.

Chuckbait said:

April 4th, 9:24 am

Looking forward to Portal 2

SpyDudeFX said:

April 4th, 9:58 am

Whatever happened to Sorcery?

G-Force08 said:

April 4th, 10:02 am

I’ll be looking forward to getting it tomorrow. I just wish that the PSN updated in the morning so that I didn’t have to wait until night time to download and then usually play the next day (or later).

Portal 2 and Socom 4 – Both games I will be picking up on Day 1. Two games to make me even more broke yay :D

yourworldonfire said:

April 4th, 10:46 am

Hey Kevin, anything in the Download center for this episode of Qore?

zombie9 said:

April 4th, 10:47 am

Portal 2 NO Comment. (EA is a joke to star with)
Socom needs a big patch to fix it’s multi player. Might wait until it gets fixed before I pick it up/;)

TJF588 said:

April 4th, 10:49 am

Definitely getting in on some Portal 2; the first one was simply love.

However, I’m still slugging through the rehash segment(s) of DISSIDIA 012, and I need to start getting back on track with Pokémon Black Version (my sis’s b/f is playing White, and keeps harpin’ on me to catch up). Then there’s the Sonic 2 coming for PS Plus, and I still have to run through the last stage of the first (thaaank youuu, save states!).

I2anSoIVI said:

April 4th, 11:38 am

Been playing the socom 4 beta and love it im going to get the deployment edition and try out the psmove for the first time = )

etur0 said:

April 4th, 2:28 pm

this sucks I can’t get on psn on my ps3

and I’m looking forward to this episode

Vorlord said:

April 4th, 2:32 pm

I hope there will be better food in P2… like ‘pancakes’! XD

Kamino_3 said:

April 4th, 3:03 pm

Nice, can’t wait to see the Valve Studio tour and more info on Brink!

Kchow23 said:

April 4th, 3:08 pm

No MK interview? whats with passing up fighting games? same thing with MvC3

Budapesti said:

April 4th, 4:09 pm

Can’t wait to check out Qore. Portal 2 has been my second most anticipated game since E3 (LBP2 was #1!!)

Heavenly_king said:

April 4th, 5:59 pm

I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I really hope Sony crushes the hackers that screw with their websites earlier.

GO SONY!!!

KainDrake said:

April 4th, 8:36 pm

God, Audrey Cleo is so hot.

SwatStylez said:

April 5th, 10:31 am

What time does the store update eastern time!? Im dying to download the socom beta!

donte1337 said:

April 5th, 11:06 am

Any chance Battlefield Bad Company 1 (ONE not two) full game would go up on Playstation store for sale? Maybe $20-$30

The other console has it at their store and i think it has better maps and gameplay than Bad Company 2

TJF588 said:

April 6th, 5:44 am

I like how the snippets of Wheatley are mixed between his placeholder voice and the one later presented. I’m still hoping the placeholder will be an option for the game…it appealed to me much more.

TJF588 said:

April 6th, 5:47 am

The again, the clip of him at the door came off really well. I’m sure the “new” voice will be great, it’s just that it’s a shame that the first voice won’t be getting its full shot. Gah, the curse of keeping up with game developments…