Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 08

Apr 08

Resistance 3 Public Beta: Get Early Access With SOCOM 4

Kristina Cheng's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Specialist, SCEA

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy Seals

Hope you’re all enjoying the final stretch of the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta! Just a little over a week until SOCOM 4 hits store shelves on April 19th, and the excitement continues to build. To heighten the anticipation, we’ve got some equally exciting news to share—by picking up a specially marked copy of SOCOM 4, you’ll get early access to the Resistance 3 Public Beta! That’s in addition to the full breadth of single player, 32-person multiplayer, and five-player co-op gameplay you’ll get with SOCOM 4.

To get early access to the Resistance 3 Beta, keep your eyes peeled for the callout included on the front of all eligible copies of SOCOM 4 (see above). Every specially marked box will include a voucher with a unique code you can redeem for early access to the Resistance 3 Beta. If you’re going big with the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition, every one of these limited edition bundles will come packed with a voucher as well. To find out when the Resistance 3 Beta begins, be sure to check the details on the included voucher once you get your hands on SOCOM 4 starting April 19th.

Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta

If you want to ensure your early access to the Resistance 3 Public Beta, pre-ordering your copy of SOCOM 4 at one of the following participating retailers is the way to go. In addition to early beta access for Resistance 3, you’ll also get a pair of slug-ammunition shotguns, as well as the classic Abandoned Map if you pre-order at GameStop.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

kivi95 said:

April 8th, 8:05 am

cool and i hope Infamous will have something like this too but with maybe Uncharted 3!!!!

Will this be the same in Europe?

Ama_Daoes said:

April 8th, 8:06 am

Hot diggidy Dog! Sony’s really got their first party express rolling this year and I for one am on board!!!!!

DeviantBoi said:

April 8th, 8:11 am

Unless PS+ members get into the R3 beta, I guess I’ll be skipping it.

Maverick10 said:

April 8th, 8:11 am

SOCOM was a must buy anyway, but now I have R3 to look forwrd to. SONY has got their stuff together

RudyDKing said:

April 8th, 8:13 am

Nice , i already got Socom paid in Full.

Berae said:

April 8th, 8:13 am

ahhh im already buying MK9 and Portal 2 on April 19th i thought i would wait a bit for socom but now with this incentive

Despair-Amit said:

April 8th, 8:15 am

Sweet, got My full deployment edition preordered already, R3 beta is a nice bonus.

KazeEternal said:

April 8th, 8:15 am

So tell me, is this another beta code that is going to go to waste because I’m already a PS+ member?

XMbeaner said:

April 8th, 8:18 am

You tricked us again Sony. I fell for this with Killzone 3, I’m not falling for it again.

kivi95 said:

April 8th, 8:26 am

XMbeaner# i think this is for people who don’t have ps +.

Shinmigami said:

April 8th, 8:33 am

I have my full deployment edition reordered and ready to go. I cant wait really excited. April 19th for the win

M-Easy said:

April 8th, 8:35 am

Lol KZ3 all over again. I already preorderd so this is just icing on the cake. It would be nice if Socom was pushed up and came out next week as I have a hole in my gaming because of the Motorstorm delay.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 8th, 8:38 am

@9.. SONY didnt TRICK ANYONE..they give you the vouchers and all you have to do is READ THE DIRECTIONS..and when you do..you will see there is a RELEASE DATE to that beta code. At least you get the comfort of having a beta code when its time to use it alil earlier than others. Man there are just too many grateful gamers nowadays >:/

mywhitenoise said:

April 8th, 8:40 am

I’m sure it’ll come to Plus members a few weeks earlier. Just like that useless code in the Killzone 3 games. I guess they just wanted to add another useless scar to the cover art.

G-Force08 said:

April 8th, 8:45 am

One word:

Sweet :)

Pedrof said:

April 8th, 8:45 am

I am not going to buy Socom 4 to get into the Resistance 3 beta one week before everyone else does for free (just like it happened with the socom 4 beta code included in killzone 3).

TomHoang said:

April 8th, 8:53 am

@XMBeaner

I agree, the Socom 4 beta from Killzone 3 was only a week before it launched for everyone. Even PS+ members got in before them.

Smooth423 said:

April 8th, 8:54 am

I am already buying Socom 4 but to get the beta for Resistance 3 is awesome. The only thing that would make all this better is to make the first map-pack update free to all. Keep the updates coming Socom 4 is going to be epic. Call of Duties Reign of terror is over. Who wants to buy a 60 dollar game and then pay 30 dollar’s in map packs. Just saying. Oh and please bring socom to the NGP.

kingkranz said:

April 8th, 8:55 am

What’s the point…PS plus members get the beta code and probably a week earlier. I was disappointed with the Socom 4 beta and probably don’t plan on buying it now without a review. The camera angle and melee system is terrible on Socom 4. I hope that is going to be fixed.

GRIM__REAFER said:

April 8th, 8:55 am

I’m in… ha this is funny

ChaseHammerJ said:

April 8th, 8:56 am

i loved the first Resistance but Resistance 2 demo was weak so never got the second game..probably not getting R3…sigh.

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

David Bull said:

April 8th, 10:03 am

Resistance 3 does a great job at returning to the gameplay style of Resistance: Fall of Man. If you’re picking up a copy of SOCOM 4, definitely take the R3 beta for a spin. I think you’ll be happy with how it plays. :-)

rbanke said:

April 8th, 8:59 am

You guys, might want to add a few more logo’s to the box. I can almost still see the artwork.

esko said:

April 8th, 9:01 am

Are PlayStation Plus members going to get access to the beta also?

rbanke said:

April 8th, 9:02 am

@kingkranz, there is a patch for the camera coming today, give it another try. I also didn’t care for the beta but I’ll be trying it again after todays patch. I want to like it but it just felt off to me.

TheGrinch216 said:

April 8th, 9:06 am

Sick.
Killzone 3: Already a buy….added a Socom 4 beta
Socom 4: Already a buy….added a Resistance 3 beta
Lucky for me, unlucky for suckers.

Butters360 said:

April 8th, 9:11 am

Sweetness! I’ve been dying to play some Resistance 3 ever since I saw those videos.

pitythefool852 said:

April 8th, 9:11 am

This should become a regular thing…

Way more rewarding than PlayStation Rewards :)

zombie9 said:

April 8th, 9:15 am

I’m in like Flynn:)

bigdaddyjane said:

April 8th, 9:18 am

At the moment I’m a little disappointed with Resistance 3 cus the multiplayer has been dumbed down.Hopefully the beta will change that.

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

David Bull said:

April 8th, 10:06 am

Please do try the beta. The multiplayer hasn’t be dumbed down at all. Instead, it’s more focused and fun! Having less players on the map really adds to the intensity for Resistance multiplayer.

walnoj said:

April 8th, 9:25 am

Guys, the game plays great (I’m in the beta), and I’m going to purchase it. That much is certain. This Resistance 3 beta is hopefully some icing on the cake. But SCEA, why do you continue to cram that many logos on your box arts? There’s barely any room to see the actual game title/artwork. It’s a genuine mess. If you’re really looking for suggestions from users, why not put the exact same logos you have on the front on the back of the box for redundancy, and make the logos on the front stickers on the plastic wrap on the front of the game when someone purchases it? That way, you’ll still have it on the case permanently and you’ll still be able to make sure people know all of that stuff.

that-acmilan-guy said:

April 8th, 9:27 am

Not sure about Resistance 3 ( I didn’t like Resistance 2 ), but i loving Killzone 3 online with move controller, its absolutely lethal!

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

April 8th, 9:33 am

Is R3 3rd Person of 1st? Im getting S4 cause I love the beta, cant wait to get out of class now today to instal that patch and see how my suggestion for camera angles looks. I dont post in the forums I send it direct to the devs. Cant wait, a week to go now. Abandoned is going to be wicked. Just wish Chain Reaction and Harvester are coming to S4.

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

David Bull said:

April 8th, 10:07 am

R3 is a first-person shooter.

Stellazira said:

April 8th, 9:48 am

I don’t need SOCOM 4 to get into the beta. :P

From what people have said after playing the multiplayer R3 is different from both FoM and R2. They had a blast playing it.

Kesy said:

April 8th, 9:48 am

Socom 4 does not look that good…I am hearing comments from from REAL Socom fans saying its crap….they tryin to sweetin the deal here people….I have not looked @ this game for months until I saw R3 Beta availability with the game…Put 2 & 2 together people…I will wait till the Beta is public.

Spidey817 said:

April 8th, 9:51 am

Hopefully the Full Deployment Edition from Amazon will include this because I’ve got it on Preorder.

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

David Bull said:

April 8th, 10:10 am

Yes, it does. :-)

neostardust said:

April 8th, 9:51 am

Man.. this is so epic, your on a roll sony!

Rustbucket80 said:

April 8th, 9:55 am

Early access for a purchase!? Awesome! I get to to be the second to the last one through the door again <-*Sarcasm*. Sony, do not tell people they will receive early access and then make that group second to last through the door. The Socom "Early Access" was a joke. One week before the general population!? You should call this Resistance 3 beta Eventual Access.

papakep said:

April 8th, 10:01 am

So, I want to pre order it from amazon, but the box art doesn’t show the Resistance 3 logo. Will I still get it anyway?

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

David Bull said:

April 8th, 10:11 am

Yes, you will.

CircuitSix said:

April 8th, 10:11 am

I cannot wait for both of these games. I have always been a fan of the Resistance series. I am assuming since I pre-ordered SOCOM from GameStop I will get the code when I pick up the game. I wrote a review of Resistance 3 here http://startgamer.com/reviews/resistance-3-review-release-date/ and now I will have to update it with the new demo info! Thanks PS3 and Insomniac!

Arcadian_Rebel said:

April 8th, 10:20 am

You guys played this gimmick with Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4 beta and it was a joke. Better not happen again.

MADANI_G said:

April 8th, 10:25 am

question,there will be an open beta for those who dont buy socom 4?

beastbarbour said:

April 8th, 10:26 am

i still out on this one have a lot of shooters has of now, but quick question will you be also giving a beta to us plus memebers.

Skater_Ricky said:

April 8th, 10:48 am

Pre-Order Socom 4 (Check)
Excited about Resistance 3 (Check)

Rhino136 said:

April 8th, 10:56 am

Wow these games are really on opposite sides of the spectrum.
Socom is really tactical ,slower paced, teamwork is basically required and there is a sense of realism
Resistance is more wild, faster paced, Teamwork is important but not necessarily required, and well it has a gun that turns the enemy into a giant pimple.

Only problem is that Socom really isn’t my type of game but Resistance is my fav :(

Bloody_Marcel said:

April 8th, 11:06 am

Any chance the R3 beta will be Move compatible already?

Airwalkinman17 said:

April 8th, 11:17 am

I already pre-ordered SOCOM 4. Extra icing on the cake.
Damn, the ps3 exclusives so far have been pure gold. lovin’ every minute of it!
Extra excited now! thanks zipper, insomniac, and sony!!!!

TheGuardianFID said:

April 8th, 11:45 am

SOLD, I already have it pre-ordered anyways!!! 8P 8)

Warped said:

April 8th, 12:32 pm

Sweet i love Socom! and i got the sharpshooter all i need is a 3D TV!

Kamino_3 said:

April 8th, 2:47 pm

Nice guys!
Maybe PS+ get earlier access to the BETA?? =)

D-Squad3 said:

April 8th, 3:08 pm

PS+ PLEASE!!! I’m gonna be pissed if they exclude us.

PAGE 1 2