Overwatch

Apr 11

Apr 11

inFAMOUS 2: Behemoth, UGC Detailed in Sucker Punch Videos

Brian Fleming's Avatar Posted by Sucker Punch Productions

Have you ever put on a wedding or a huge party? A bunch of us are in working this weekend, but it’s not just the normal bug fixing, polishing, and optimizing. Today we’re hanging art, arranging some furniture, and (shudder) cleaning up our offices. All of this is being done in preparation for the 60+ media members who will be flying up to Seattle on Monday for our “Media Day” event for inFAMOUS 2. So you can think of this as our once-every-two-years chance to spruce up the place, and put on a little bit of a show.

So here’s my Virtual Media Day for you guys, a blow-by-blow breakdown of what we’re showing.

inFAMOUS 2 for PS3inFAMOUS 2 for PS3

In the morning we’ll be hosting all the international press members on a tour of our studios in Bellevue. We will hold out some hope for good weather so we can do some interviews and photos out on the deck. We’ll turn the visitors loose on the bustling metropolis that is Bellevue, Washington and start prepping for our afternoon show. South of the Mariners stadium, we’ll be hosting an evening event showcasing three inFAMOUS 2 highlights:

inFAMOUS 2 for PS3

inFAMOUS 2 for PS3inFAMOUS 2 for PS3

First, a battle with the monster we call The Behemoth. If you remember way way back to our E3 demos last year, we hinted at the existence of this monster…Well, here’s your chance to see him! As far as inFAMOUS 2 goes, he’s one of the most important enemies we’ve built. We showed an early version of him at our very first greenlight meetings back in December 2009. Seems like a long time ago!

Second, we’ll show a mission called Forced Conduits. If you’ve been following along closely, you know that Conduits are people who are candidates to become super powered. But in this mission, we find out that someone has figured out how to somehow force ordinary people to become conduits… An interesting development in the narrative of inFAMOUS 2!

Finally, we’ll show a handful of missions created in our User-Generated Content tools. I got the chance to play through these missions over the weekend, and the exciting thing for me was the diversity of gameplay being built by the QA staff helping us get ready for our inFAMOUS 2 Limited Beta (on Tuesday!!!). We’ll be showing nicely created combat scenarios, a very cleverly told story mission, and a lyrical reference to an arcade game gone by. A good set overall!

It’s a pretty exciting week, I hope you all get the chance to check out a little more about these new missions! Wish us luck with the media, and I’ll be back again soon with another update!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Quantomkabob said:

April 11th, 8:11 pm

ZOMG CAN NOT WAIT

Akimitsu782 said:

April 11th, 8:12 pm

This game is making my jaw drop! Cannot wait until June now!

nino1911 said:

April 11th, 8:13 pm

I LOVE INFAMOUS!! One of my most anticipate game of this year.

G-Force08 said:

April 11th, 8:13 pm

Wow. I can’t wait! I’m really looking forward to this. That battle looked epic! Hopefully I get a UGC beta invite. Either way, I’m getting the inFamous 2 Hero Edition on day 1.

Spidey817 said:

April 11th, 8:14 pm

Awesome.

fuzzyclutter said:

April 11th, 8:16 pm

Well , i for one am excited . i even preordered which is something i swore i would never do after Mafia 2 . some UGC screenshot’s would be sweet .

TheTwelve said:

April 11th, 8:20 pm

Man. This is looking like Uncharted 2 quality.

xSLEVENx said:

April 11th, 8:20 pm

This Game looks like what Uncharted 2 did to Uncharted 1. Massive improvements on what was already an awesome game!

blazin_red said:

April 11th, 8:22 pm

WOOP!

Zinacef said:

April 11th, 8:25 pm

Question: are we going to have the option in this sequel to choose to play as either good or evil Cole as the first one had offered us?

Ejsponge61 said:

April 11th, 8:25 pm

The first game was my first, and only, platinum trophy, so the sequel is a must buy for me. No one can touch what this game does with its gameplay, allowing all those powers to be accessed while keeping the movement and flow of combat fluid. I can’t wait to get my collectors edition on June 7th, but hopefully I’ll be in the beta before then.

Ejsponge61 said:

April 11th, 8:27 pm

@Zinacef Yes, kinda. Now you choose to be either a hero of order or a hero of chaos. You still get different powers dependent on each, so ice for order and fire for chaos.

GibbShift said:

April 11th, 8:30 pm

I can’t wait to take the week off for this game and savor it the way an aristocratic 18th century vampire savors a poor virgin peasant girl.

SERIOUSLY.

bigdaddykraven said:

April 11th, 8:31 pm

As a 27 year old man, I haven’t been so excited that my heart races for a video game in a long time but this one does it. Despite all the other great releases coming this year, this one has me the most excited I’ve been for years. I hope I get accepted into the story builder beta because just looks absolutely epic.

The perfect mix of super hero games with action and aventure that I’ve grown to love in Uncharted games and the creation and community experience that makes LittleBigPlanet one of the favorite titles on the system. I have to think, inFamous 2 is a serious sleeper pick for game of the year if it offers even half of what you guys are saying it will offer.

Thanks for the info…now beta please :P

coldenhas said:

April 11th, 8:32 pm

i am so super excited for this game. the first was great and sweet story but i hope it is not as hard. i didn’t likethe fact that it too like 20 hits to bring down an enemy. kinda like uncharted and uncharted 2 the first one took to long to kill enemies and second seem more realistic. but i really like the user generated content idea and hope beyond all hope that i get into the limited beta to test that out. may we all be inFAMOUS

cjtiger300 said:

April 11th, 8:35 pm

Wow, that pretty much says it all!

D-Squad3 said:

April 11th, 8:40 pm

Host a CONTEST for the Hero Edition!!!

HAVOK05 said:

April 11th, 8:40 pm

J.I.M.P. literally

Vandaliser said:

April 11th, 8:40 pm

the enemy AI look like crap. They need to fix that. It just looks average and dumb

AJLareneg said:

April 11th, 8:47 pm

There are no words for excited I am for inFAMOUS 2. Cannot wait!! I hope I manage a beta invite.

DaNTi3L said:

April 11th, 8:51 pm

my jaw dropped i am dumb for no preordering this game lol

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 11th, 8:52 pm

Not that i needed anymore videos about this game but THANKS…I pre ordered that HERO EDITION..just because i LOVE TO SUPPORT MY PS3 EXCLUSIVES and so SONY can continue to make AMAZING EXCLUSIVE GAMES..i hoping to hear some news about “STARHAWK” (if thats what they are going to call it.) I HOPE and PRAY it will be revealed at this years E3!! . Oh and when can we get some news on the Motorstorm: A ..NEW RELEASE DATE…im was so looking forward to that game this month :/ Oh well i guess i can just enjoy some SOCOM 4 and Mortal Kratos Kombat..(him and Scorpion are going to be my tag team buddies..lol)

So yeah Keep up the AWESOME work SONY

EspadaKiller said:

April 11th, 8:53 pm

Oh wow awesome! There’s even behemoth now :D

backbreaker65 said:

April 11th, 8:53 pm

Damn this is all kinds of awesome. The graphical upgrade is amazing, and this is open world.

hush404 said:

April 11th, 8:53 pm

Yikes.

Arcadian_Rebel said:

April 11th, 8:59 pm

This is awesome! Really wish this game had a multiplayer mode. :/

Skater_Ricky said:

April 11th, 9:04 pm

Got my Hero Edition on Preorder cant wait to pick up my Copy :D

Game just keeps getting better each Trailer. Best stop pumping out the good stuff already got me sold guys.

PS keep up the good work tell goes Gold ;)

Zezzler said:

April 11th, 9:07 pm

DAYUM!
This is a HUGE step up from the original. I cannot wait to try out every single awesome piece about this game! It’s almost like everything has been improved; storytelling, close-quarters combat, abilities, content, etc.

Great job sucker punch!

RBlaze1988 said:

April 11th, 9:12 pm

Holy crap…you guys are astonishingly incredible. This game looks amazing. Sucker punch and Sony will be pretty godly with this release. Can’t wait to pick this one up.

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

April 11th, 9:16 pm

This is incredible. Every video I watch of this game amazes me more and more.

twistedfloyd said:

April 11th, 9:17 pm

Just wow. SP you guys have outdone yourselves 10 fold. Now to get those last two trophies in inFamous 1 so I can get my first platinum. No guide either. But, man, this could be GOTY if other developers lag behind.

LordRaoh said:

April 11th, 9:22 pm

Just absolutely brilliant.

Can’t wait to get my hands on this game.

Truly great work, I applaud you.

JoeDuke4 said:

April 11th, 9:34 pm

Outstanding work SuckerPunch! The jump from iF1 to iF2 is incredible, really! Definately getting this

Veridis_Quo said:

April 11th, 9:37 pm

Just about everything is improved upon from the first game. I am in complete awe of how incredible the game as turned out to be. This is one of my most anticipated games of the year! Not only does the single player bring forth an awesome boss, but I feel like I’ll spend most of my time with the custom missions! The only downside to this preview is that it makes waiting that much harder to do! ARGH!

nsnsmj said:

April 11th, 9:46 pm

Looks so awesome! I didn’t play the first, but I really want this one….that last part of the User-Generated content video looked like one of the levels in Uncharted 2. The one where Chloe shoots the RPG from the back of a truck.

TallCrowe said:

April 11th, 9:50 pm

Yes I will get this when it comes out. I am sold. Sucker Punch you are some talented game designers.

TM1619 said:

April 11th, 9:54 pm

I don’t know how this game is possible. They took the first game and improved upon 100-fold – no, 1000-fold! Steady frame-rate, huge-ass monsters, impressive graphics, motion-capture cutscenes, new game mechanics, interesting narrative, endless possibilities with the UGC… This HAS to be game of the year, or at least a very strong contender. I am going to purchase the HERO edition and I will NOT regret it.

Bring on inFAMOUS 2 – the game of the century – and bring on the new info coming out along the week!

wallywallas said:

April 11th, 9:58 pm

Only thing preventing me from preordering this game is preorder bonuses. Will Gamestop, Bestbuy or Amazon offer anything different?

Or should I just go ahead and do it already?

TM1619 said:

April 11th, 10:06 pm

Anyone notice the Militia guy in the second video say “Hey, when do we get pie?”
Lol, Sucker Punch, you made me laugh. Can’t wait for inFAMOUS 2!

Butters360 said:

April 11th, 10:06 pm

I’m all out of adjectives to describe how great inFAMOUS 2 looks.

bowman151 said:

April 11th, 10:10 pm

And I thought the Devourer you guys showed off a while back was large. I think Behemoth might not be up to scale with that big fella. Anyways, game looks even more awesome with each video and bit of information and I’ll enjoy my time spent playing during my several sick days around June 7th.

XenoNative said:

April 11th, 10:13 pm

as pumped as i am about this game i didnt need to see all of that. From this point on media blackout of everything infamous2.

PS- i love you sucker punch. day 1 purchase.

Tasteemobile said:

April 11th, 10:17 pm

This looks amazing. Here’s hoping for some luck getting into the beta, inFamous is probably my favorite new IP this gen.

Icestar10 said:

April 11th, 10:18 pm

I can’t wait for this game! This game looks really amazing! :D

Ethereal said:

April 11th, 10:28 pm

Sony = Unstoppable. $60 was subtracted from my life’s earning the moment you guys announced Infamous 2. Great work Sucker Punch!

alok893 said:

April 11th, 10:30 pm

I hope something Epic Happens when i press the Start Button in Infamous 2!

CerulianThunder said:

April 11th, 10:33 pm

Holy crap. o.o That’s freakin’ amazing.

donte1337 said:

April 11th, 10:44 pm

W O W

Uncle_Daniel said:

April 11th, 11:16 pm

i just peed my pants. and not the yellow kind.

TheGuardianFID said:

April 11th, 11:19 pm

FREAKING AWESOME!!! SOLD SOLD & SOLD!!! O.O 8)

PAGE 1 2 3