Knack 2

Apr 15

Apr 15

MotorStorm Apocalypse Racing onto Store Shelves May 3

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager

I am pleased to announce that MotorStorm Apocalypse will be in stores across North America beginning May 3. That means that in just a few short weeks, you’ll be able to get your hands on the most exciting MotorStorm game to date, with more action than a summer Hollywood blockbuster!

MotorStorm Apocalypse Skyline

To give you a taste as to what’s in store come May 3, take a look at our recent sit-down interview with Game Director Matt Southern as he talks about his vision for MotorStorm Apocalypse and how the game will deliver one of the best racing experiences to date on the PS3:

I’m also happy to reveal that every new copy of the game will include a voucher for the Premier Pack DLC bundle, which will give you two exclusive in-game vehicles and more (pictured below).

MotorStorm Apocalypse Premier Pack image

Gamespot recently gave the game an 8.5, saying the “destructive environments and excellent track design make MotorStorm Apocalypse one of the most exciting racing experiences on the PlayStation 3.” And IGN can’t wait for the game, saying “MotorStorm Apocalypse has me all revved up… Controls feel tight and the destruction is off the charts. Toss in how pretty this game is and how impressed I am with 3D… (It) can’t get here soon enough.” Look for more reviews for the US launch to start hitting soon as we get closer to launch.

MotorStorm Apocalypse Mainline
MotorStorm Apocalypse Skyline Mile High

There’s still plenty of time left before May 3 to pre-order your copy of the game and receive one of the exclusive Carbon Edition vehicles available. Choose from the supercar, rally car, or superbike. Each exclusive vehicle also comes with a sticker decal pack to trick out your in-game vehicles with the deep vehicle livery editor, as well as a unique dynamic theme and set of PSN avatars.

MotorStorm Apocalypse pre-order car

We’ll be posting more MotorStorm Apocalypse news between now and launch, including information about the upcoming demo and DLC plans, so stay tuned here to the PlayStation.Blog!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

remanutd5 said:

April 15th, 7:03 am

finally!!!!!! LUNATICS UNITE!!!!!

G-Force08 said:

April 15th, 7:06 am

Great news :)

I will be picking this up on May 3rd then.

elcheapo said:

April 15th, 7:07 am

AWESOME NEWS !!!

Butters360 said:

April 15th, 7:11 am

Finally! Been waiting on the new US launch for a while. Thanks.

Korbei83 said:

April 15th, 7:23 am

Pre-order complete. S’gonna be good.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

April 15th, 10:37 am

Great! Which vehicle are you getting?

remanutd5 said:

April 15th, 7:23 am

i like the set design where the interview was conducted , black suits you well Mat , good presentation , wasnt impressed at your look in the dev dairy videos , no offense but you looked like you were on crack on those videos , i like the way you talked about Motorstorm Apocalypse and in general , not all video game directors know how to talk about their games ( Infamous and God of War 3 ) directors are very good examples of that in my opinion they are very good director but dont know how to talk in public yet ( even though i think Stig has been into classes on learning how to handle the public im not sure about that but i think he has ) anyways most of the people here wont noticed what i said but since i work in the interior design and social events business i couldnt help but noticed that , is Kevin Buttler doing a MSA tv spot ? anyways i cant wait to have that bad boy on my ps3

DaveedT13 said:

April 15th, 7:26 am

Great news, I waiting to know if I buy MK or MS to my little brother, depending on what he want. I’ll buy both for me. NO DEMO BEFORE RELEASE? I would have liked to try my hands on it before, I want to know how the controls feels in this iteration of MS.

On another note, I don’t care for 3D, it saddens me that games of this generation will takes a little hit in the graphic department now that Sony is pushing 3D…

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

April 15th, 10:42 am

There will be a demo for the game soon. Keep watching the blog for info.

Hellman said:

April 15th, 7:27 am

SWEET gotta pre-order soon! =D

erick_34 said:

April 15th, 7:30 am

Going to pre-order

Newhawner said:

April 15th, 7:34 am

I just wanna know about the demo day because I send you guys a email about the demo beta key not working and I wanna know if you still gonna have a demo before May 3, 2011

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

April 15th, 10:43 am

Demo is coming very soon, so hang tight.

Armyless said:

April 15th, 7:42 am

This looks as though it will be too much to miss. Great blog interview, really sealed the deal for me.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

April 15th, 10:44 am

Glad you enjoyed the video. Matt’s really passionate about his craft, and it comes through not only the video, but the game itself.

butcherknife said:

April 15th, 7:45 am

I pre-ordered a while back from Amazon and was getting worried. Glad to hear it is coming soon.

TheGuardianFID said:

April 15th, 7:47 am

SOLD!!! 8)

marlyt said:

April 15th, 7:52 am

Hooray!!! Finally a release date. See y’all online.

RE_Player said:

April 15th, 7:53 am

I’ve never actually bought a Motorstorm game before, always played the demos but never made the purchase. Being 3 days before my birthday I think this will make for an excellent birthday gift. Can’t wait to play.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

April 15th, 10:44 am

Happy early birthday! Yes, great timing. I’m sure you’ll have a blast with the game.

marlyt said:

April 15th, 7:57 am

@ #11
Where’d you get that avatar? I wants me one.

G00seG00se said:

April 15th, 8:00 am

Finally! I was ready to give up all hope.

Link01 said:

April 15th, 8:06 am

Took long enough ;)

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 15th, 8:07 am

April 19 – Socom 4 & UNFORTUNATELY Mortal Kombat
May 3 – Motorstorm: Apocalypse ( THANK GOD & SONY) God Bless Japan BTW
June 7- Infamous 2 (HERO EDITION OF COURSE)
July-
August-
September 6 – Resistance 3
October 4 – Twisted MotherLoving Metal >:p
November 1 – Uncharted 3
Decmber – STARHAWK (PLEASE)

In other words this year SONY is WINNING!

YungShep said:

April 15th, 8:17 am

Yessssss!!!!!! Already had it pre orderefor better or worse. If you have a EU PSN acct you can download the demo there, I’ve been playing it since the beginning of march its really epic! And there’s so much more with 3D!

spunnups said:

April 15th, 8:18 am

How many maps?

Will the vehicles be customizable?

Will the online ranking be similar to other Motorstorms?

Will the bike’s/ATV’s be able to do in-air tricks?

**To the PS Blog**

Can we please get a notification and reply feature similar to Facebook? Would love to be able to interact with other fans on articles like this. Thanks.

Eastcoastghost25 said:

April 15th, 8:20 am

Finally after after the previous motorstorm games that came out this was the one that got my attention, Apocalypse to me was the game motorstorm should have been from the start. After playing the demo I was sold this game is amazing;the demo track was so fun to race with things exploding and falling around you. Anyone who hasn’t played the demo I downloaded it from the Hong Kong store, it might be in the U.K. store as well.

DM404 said:

April 15th, 8:20 am

It’s about time!

Nice that we’re getting a vehicle pack to go with this. But will any of the vehicles from the previous motorstorm games ever be available for DLC?

TruEve said:

April 15th, 8:29 am

I really love the passion and commitment Matt Souther (and Evolution) has! Glad the game is finally releasing in the US; wish the best for you folks. From an American, cheers!

TruEve said:

April 15th, 8:30 am

Matt Southern* ;)

gumi42 said:

April 15th, 8:49 am

Awesome, so glad we are finally getting this game.
Thanks to all of the guys at Evolution.

Killabee said:

April 15th, 8:57 am

good news

KILLZONE79 said:

April 15th, 9:19 am

Is this finally official cause last you guys came on here with a release date and it was delayed

Tank_Baked said:

April 15th, 9:30 am

You can download the demo from the UK store . Its been there for 2 weeks now . Really awesome game for sure . Intense .

Not sure why it isn’t in our store yet . Makes no sense .

Ethereal said:

April 15th, 9:35 am

Sweet just in time for my birthday!

Juanblue85 said:

April 15th, 9:41 am

I already have the Hong Kong version but I will be nice and get this version too. Question though when racing online can you play against everyone like from all continents? or only in the US?

fsavoie said:

April 15th, 10:11 am

Any comments on the rubber banding on that game compare to the other ones?

TallCrowe said:

April 15th, 11:02 am

Pre-orders are a thing of the past. Still I will be picking this game up eventually.

Delta-16 said:

April 15th, 11:57 am

F YES!

scorpio182 said:

April 15th, 12:47 pm

I will try the demo and hope is handles well because it looks awesome!!!

I have both MS and hope this one has a different feel…

Going to check the demo!!!!

KwietStorm said:

April 15th, 12:57 pm

I was hearing things about June and beyond. Was starting to get shook. Glad it’s just a few more weeks. Will the demo be the same one from the EU store? Because I already have that one.

erick_34 said:

April 15th, 1:26 pm

Very good bonus, I can’t wait for this games and i have a question…

The avatars are the same as we are getting on April 26 to Playstation Plus subscribers ???

and i want that Dynamic Themes !!!!!!!

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

April 15th, 4:22 pm

Avatars are coming. Stay tuned. ;)

racingfan312 said:

April 15th, 1:53 pm

If you want the demo, then create an EU account go to the playstation store.

kivi95 said:

April 15th, 2:41 pm

Many of you will probably not like the demo but i can say that the full game is much better!!!

NEJI64 said:

April 15th, 3:47 pm

If this news would have came out two weeks go, I wouldn’t have gotten PS+. This will be on my to get list with Dead Space 2.

KREEPYKRAWLLY said:

April 15th, 4:21 pm

Hello, i like the idea that people in the US are getting the Premier Pack DLC bundle.

But, we in Europe and the UK have had the game for quite some time now. And also, before the online was fixed we suffered through it. I think that you guys should at least give us something.

European fans got the game day one and UK fans went through great lengths to play your game — i ordered mine from Greece. I don’t think it’s fair :(

And Mr. Brian Dunn, you can check my profile, i have been playing MA:S none stop.

KREEPYKRAWLLY said:

April 15th, 4:43 pm

Are UK gamers getting anything, for free, similar to the fiery vehicles ?

Boxster17 said:

April 15th, 5:37 pm

Was a bit disappointed when it got delayed, but glad to hear it’s not too far out now. Will definitely be picking this up when it comes out, just going to need to decide on which bonus car I’ll want (hoping the demo will help me figure out which class to choose for that).

D4rkr1der2468 said:

April 15th, 7:04 pm

I’ve had this game preordered since early march. I`m getting the car from gamestop. I’d rather have the bike but… whatever. more convient. SO PUMPED!

kevinzzzcool said:

April 15th, 7:19 pm

Finally a stable NA release date. I pre-ordered this game a couple weeks before it got delayed so I was pretty disappointed when it did. I’ve been waiting for this game for a long time and I really can’t wait for it now. As for vehicles; does the vehicle that you get vary on where you pre order, or do you get to choose when you put the game in? I think i’ll get the bike if I have the choice. I’ve played the demo for the game and it is definitely the best racing game I have ever played!!

KadillaK said:

April 15th, 8:14 pm

Thank you very much for the update! I’ve been waiting patiently to find out when I can finally get this game! I cannot wait!

tomstockmail said:

April 15th, 10:18 pm

Does Apocalypse support some wheels? I think it’s safe to assume a lot of PS3 owners own a wheel now that GT5 finally came out. Plus it’s a racing game. Racing game + wheel = immersion.

LightningBlade18 said:

April 16th, 12:27 am

About time, EU has had this game for over a month.

MaestroX said: