Farpoint

Apr 19

Apr 19

PlayStation Home 1.5 Update + Sodium Personal Space, Aurora War Event & More!

GlassWalls's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Home Community Specialist

PlayStation Home will be taken offline this evening for our weekly content publish. While this downtime will occur approximately 24 hours earlier than what you have become accustomed to per our regular schedule, when the doors are re-opened on the morning of Wednesday, April 20th, you’ll find that PlayStation Home will be updated to version 1.5 and will, in turn, be bigger and better than ever before.

PlayStation Home v1.5 was developed with one singular goal in mind: high-quality games. The 1.5 update will introduce a suite of new technology for developers with tools that will provide their future games with real-time multiplayer, improved physics, as well as more realistic graphics and animations. PlayStation Home v1.5 is packed with tools and features that will enable developers to expand the types of games possible on the platform – from first-person shooters with real-time, peer-to-peer multiplayer to racing games and more.

Also coming with v1.5 are more avatar save slots (24!), new facial building features, better furniture management, various graphical tweaks to the Navigator, improved object placement options within your personal space, increased Chat Log options, and more. For full patch notes, please visit the official PlayStation Home forums.

This week, the highly anticipated Sodium Blaster’s Paradise personal space will be released. Head to the Sodium Store in the PlayStation Home Mall to pick up this lush, sub-tropical personal space which includes the awesome Sodium TankTop 1.0 mini-game – a maddeningly addictive game where you can blast away waves of enemies with an array of explosive weaponry and fight your way onto the leaderboards.

Sodium-House

Sodium-TankTopBeamsSodium-WaterScape

The latest additions to Lockwood Publishing’s Cucumber’s line will hit the shelves of the Sodium store this week. These wide arrays of items are available in a variety of shades which will leave you with a huge amount of scope to create an apartment that is personal, comfortable and stylishly decorated. Pro-tip: The Cucumber Value packs make it even easier to create the look you desire without spending precious time searching the Sodium store.

Lockwood-Cucumber_Mix03_110421_1280x720Lockwood-Cucumber_Turquoise_Large01_110421_SCEA

From now until May 1st in the mega-popular Aurora game space, nDreams will pit the North American community against the European community in a duel to determine which territory has the most hardcore PlayStation Home gamers in the “Battle of the Atlantic” competition. Here’s how it will work: Each day nDreams will take an average of the top 50% of scores from each territory using both Orbrunner and Aurora Defense scores. The running total will increase as the average scores are added from the previous days and will be broadcast on the ticker in the Aurora space as well as on a special website set up for the event: AuroraWar.com. The prize? The top two best players from both North America and Europe will both be inducted as the first “Generals of Aurora.”

AuroraWar_website

This week in the PlayStation Home Community Theater, we introduce PS Talent, a long-standing Home-centric machinima, print and video group that specializes in showcasing the most talented members of the PlayStation Home community. For their first episode, the PS Talent team interview Heavy Water CEO, Tammy McDonald, and talk about the recently-released Pin-Up outfits.

Next up, PS Nation returns with some of their awesome coverage from GDC – including pieces on Pixel Junk Shooter 2 and Super Chime Deluxe.

Last but certainly not least, Urgent Fury releases their fourth episode. Watch as host Jack Dellhouse reviews the recently released Homefront, followed by Wolfie D’s Newb Tube and coverage from PAX East.

See you in Home!

Add Your Own

XxDeathDoctorxX said:

April 19th, 5:01 pm

trophy room for ps home or is that cancel ? aint heard about it in for ever also how about netflix streaming on home so u can watch stuff with ur friends who have netflix i went to put it on ps share but it never got put up and its been 2 months try again same but reply and let me know about the trophy room

April 19th, 5:06 pm

If it is not mentioned, it is not here. But that’s OK—with Home, you never know what’s right around the corner.

For Home-specific suggestions, you should mention your ideas in the Home Suggestion forum. Check it out!

Sophronia said:

April 19th, 5:20 pm

“Also coming with v1.5 are more avatar save slots (24!), new facial building features”

This will make a lot of users happy! YaY!

April 19th, 5:25 pm

Oh yeah. More Save Slots alone has been one of our biggest requests from the more fashionable, not to mention those with various clan attire to keep handy or just for special events. Enjoy!

Sharingan_itachi said:

April 19th, 5:22 pm

Will the old stuff ever be free? I mean those have been there for years….who buys them? Why not make the old stuff free? I mean the really old, the ones that no one buys? I hardly find stuff free…make free category tab. Thanks.

April 19th, 5:27 pm

That, I cannot say. By my estimation, there will probably never be a simple sweep of free prices, but one never knows. There are the occasional sales and largely discounted bundles of older items though, so keep your eyes peeled for when that happens.

KwietStorm said:

April 19th, 5:32 pm

lol trophy room. I completely forgot about that dream. Where is Phil Harrison when you need him.

LovesJapanManga said:

April 19th, 5:34 pm

Wile we are on that topic of old and new stuff & updates… why not bring in Holiday Theme Costumes in for discounted prices or for free? I mean for those of us who missed to seize those opportunities in the past would LOVE to buy or nab them for free??? Also, why not allow us to select one of our accounts that we really don’t use anymore upload stuff from that (old account) to new account that was created recently? PRETTY PLEASE?!?!? Thanx!

April 19th, 5:37 pm

We did bring many of the themed items back for a few of the more recent holidays. Don’t worry, there will be more new holiday stuff in the future, though some of it will retire permanently.

SpyDudeFX said:

April 19th, 5:41 pm

Home 1.5 sounds great and I can’t wait to try it out. Hope Sodium 2 launches multiplayer soon.

April 19th, 5:44 pm

Now that Home 1.5 and its developer tools are arriving, I’m sure Outso will waste no time in using it to its full advantage. It will be very exciting to see what they do with it.

FORMIK said:

April 19th, 5:47 pm

Because the games are becoming on par with what is offered on the PSN, I’d like to know: has there been any consideration to implement trophies with Home games? I’m not a big trophy hunter, but I’d like to see more integration between this great service and the rest of what PlayStation offers.

Also, speaking of integration: I’m sure you hear this plenty, but what is the consensus on some representation of the player’s Home avatar as a PSN profile avatar, or even just on the XMB? It would be a good use for one of these 24 new avatar slots!

April 19th, 6:02 pm

To answer both your questions, there is nothing to announce at this time.

footballrule said:

April 19th, 5:59 pm

Nice, Home v1.5 will be great. Will the overall graphics of Home be improved, or just the games within Home?

April 19th, 6:18 pm

That’s a good question. The answer is neither—the developer tools that are arriving with Home 1.5 will not automatically and drastically change Home as you know it tomorrow, because these are new tools for the developers to use in the creation of future content. However, there are some very smooth, subtle changes in Home 1.5 that will increase the day to day experience immediately though they will work so well, you may not notice them due to their subtlety. Included in these subtle features to enhance your day to day Home experience are a reduced stuttering (sometimes interpreted as “lag”) that could occur when you receive a reward as well as the improvement of loading of high “level of detail” for avatars as you rove about enjoying Home.

You will notice improved other features, especially furniture management, some chat features and more. There is a lot of good stuff coming, so I hope you like it!

For more details, check out the patch notes, found here: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3423143

Ramage said:

April 19th, 6:10 pm

It’s really awesome that the majority of your responses are ‘no comment’ and ‘nothing to announce’…totally transparent glass walls

April 19th, 6:19 pm

Hey, if I can’t talk about it, I can’t talk about it. I always give honest answers. I hope you appreciate that at least.

Ama_Daoes said:

April 19th, 6:50 pm

I am so close to getting involved with Home but it’s not quite interesting enough. So much potential though, and keep up the good work.

April 19th, 6:52 pm

Keep an eye on us. It’s already very exciting and will only get more so. That I can promise.

GIOREINES said:

April 19th, 6:51 pm

good stuff.

ShotgunSean said:

April 19th, 6:56 pm

i got a question about home is the waterfall terrace ever gonna be fixed cuz when i try to add funiture it doesnt let me press start to go to my menu no more til i quit or either exit out of my space then after that i go to my other spaces i paid for and they work fine when i want to add or move ornaments or funiture and stuff

April 19th, 9:29 pm

I actually reported this to be looked into this week. Hopefully soon we’ll have some answers for you.

hush404 said:

April 19th, 6:58 pm

I don’t use Home a lot myself… (I like to poke in every once in a while) but it’s nice to see it (home) finally coming into it’s own and stepping out of the shadow of feeling like beta-ware gimmickry. At times, I wish the place felt a little more seamless, rather than a series of loading environments, but, eh what cha gonna do? :P

Keep up the good work (to everyone behind home), we appreciate it.

April 19th, 9:29 pm

Thank you. We most definitely will.

jose213jose said:

April 19th, 7:09 pm

ps home is great place to meet new people but only if there are willing to cheat with u on ps home. anyway i think ps home should let people create fan room for games were people who love games of rgp ect to join. not should how to put it but hope u get what i mean.

April 19th, 9:31 pm

Keep watching the Home blog posts—we have a lot of cool stuff in store that I think you will like based on what you’ve mentioned. ;-)

TSFRJ said:

April 19th, 8:20 pm

still no full sackboy costumes yet still no sackboy peeps :(

April 19th, 9:31 pm

Awww, you mean the Sackboy zipper t-shirt, the hoodie and the Sackboy helmet that we’ve already released isn’t enough?

Perish_Song said:

April 19th, 8:51 pm

I like the improvement to high detailed avatar loading. Can’t wait to see that in action.

DazeOfWar said:

April 19th, 9:01 pm

This just reminds me that I need to jump into Home and check out some of the new stuff that has come out latey. I’d love to play the new Sodium game. Is there any trailers on it?

MetalGearCrysis said:

April 19th, 9:18 pm

Finally a reason to get back on Home. Sure would be nice to have that trophy room though..

iTofuMan said:

April 19th, 9:27 pm

seems like a promising update, but the only thing catching my eye is Blaster Paradise. will it be a free game or do we need to pay to use it (like most games on Home)

April 19th, 9:40 pm

The Sodium Blaster’s Paradise is a personal space that will be available for purchase in the morning. However, you do not have to buy it to play the TankTop 1.0 mini-game—just ask a friend who owns it for an invitation to come visit. Once there, feel free to play your heart out, get on the leaderboards and be among the first to show your gaming prowess!

tonydamiani said:

April 19th, 9:45 pm

EPIC UPDATE!! :D THANKS GUYS!!

April 19th, 9:51 pm

You’re most welcome. See you tomorrow!

icydogs said:

April 19th, 10:01 pm

I’m loving these updates! Home just keeps getting better and better.

nickolas82 said:

April 19th, 10:11 pm

I like HOME very much and i use to log in once in a while but i hope you understand that keaping HOME away from the PSN experience with no actual intergration between psn account and HOME avatars-account is keaping us away from realy loving it……….i realy do!
I know that there is plenty of stuff to mess around in HOME but such a simple feature (to be able to see home avatar from the psn account card) will take HOME to whole new level (just like avatrs do with xbox live…….and i’m an 360 hater)

LUGIEZ said:

April 19th, 11:34 pm

Definitely looking forward to checking out the new Home. Thanks for the update Home Team!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 20th, 12:09 am

HOME IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE FOR GAMES! ITS SUPPOSE TO A NEW AND IMPROVED AVATAR THAT CAN BE USED IN THE XMB AND ON SOME DISC GAMES..LIKE ITS FOE…ALSO HAVE HDD WORKING TVS AND RADIOS..AND ADD A TROPHY ROOM WHILE YOUR AT IT. HOME HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL IF YOU ACTUALLY PUT GOOD OPTIONS INTO IT. BUT I KNOW IM JUST WASTING MY TIME INTO HOPING SONY WILL LISTEN AND ACTUALLY DO AS EVERYONE HAS ASKED..INSTEAD THEY ARE WORKING ON ADDING MORE MINI GAMES THAT WILL DIE OUT AFTER A WEEK. :/

Arcadian_Rebel said:

April 20th, 12:24 am

When are we going to see some sort of character leveling in Home to make it more appealing to the casual Playstation gamer? Right now the only people who use it are ones who just want to spend money on random pixels.

Prince_of_da_Bay said:

April 20th, 1:30 am

Is there going to be a new central plaza?

The_FPS said:

April 20th, 5:34 am

Cant wait to see how all the new games (Conspiracy/Novus Prime/Sodium) use the new features! Looks like there are all kinds of cool things bundled in this update. Great work!

Skater_Ricky said:

April 20th, 7:55 am

Look forward to updating it tonight when I get home.

xzile said:

April 20th, 9:40 am

Loving the new update. All of the issues that I was having seem to be a thing of the past. The only issue has been with the saving option of the Sodium 2 . It just keeps loading and has forced me to have to quit after buying more boosters. Other than that thanks for all the time and hard work you guys have put in to make Home a much more enjoyable experience.

pitythefool852 said:

April 20th, 11:04 am

One thing that I’d love to see in Home is a Walkman accessory that picks up Music Unlimited (Qriocity)

Not sure if it will happen, but I’ll add it to the suggestions forum

irs5761 said:

April 21st, 5:10 pm

Yo glasswall I got a question about why there’s alot of gangsters in playstation home everywhere and they doing gangs stuff like real life its feel awkward about seeing alot of people joining alot of gangsters family yo u gotta make this stop their breaking the rules

Conrad_Max said:

April 24th, 1:29 pm

+ irs5761 on April 21st, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:
“Yo, GlassWalls, I got a question about why there’s alot of gangsters in PlayStation Home everywhere. And they doing gangs stuff like real life. It feels awkward about seeing alot of people joining alot of gangsters/family. You gotta make this stop. They’re breaking the rules.”

If someone is being inappropriate or offensive, we can report them by pressing the Select button and scrolling down to the report function. We can do this secretly and quietly so they need not know that they have been reported.

xzile said:

May 2nd, 6:53 pm

I sure hope that I will be able to get the Blaster Space once the network is back up. If you are there GlassWalls, do you know if purchases will be available when Home comes back up this week? Just curious.

Northstar77 said:

May 5th, 12:25 pm

Hey I know the network is down but updates that were planned weekly should still be worked on correct? So how about still telling us what is coming when PSN and Home go live? I really hope North America gets something for Thor or at very least Captain America…. We have gotten the shaft when it comes to Marvel costumes Iron-man armor Wolverine claws…. I really want Thor costume peces and DEFINITELY want CAP.

kryyptyyk said:

May 16th, 9:37 am

It would be awesome to get a Superman theme based on the SERIES FINALE of Smallville to use for Home, or something! :D How about some Superman or other DC related themes and avaters for the PS3 in general? Would be neat. :] Hey, since Home has been on hiatus due to stupid people messing with things, have you guys been putting any extra time into it to make sure it’s even better than what was slated to release on April 20? :P Sweet deal, thanks

PyroSpark7 said:

May 16th, 1:14 pm

Sounds like Home is getting exciting. :D

hells_bells12334 said:

May 17th, 10:11 am

this looks sexy

brokenalas said:

May 17th, 8:36 pm

I signed In today after a few minutes got an error,, got kicked out.. When I signed in again I realize I lost most of my awards I got playing HOME games.. Anything I could do to fix this problem?? I already turned the system off and still NO reward items…

brokenalas said:

May 17th, 8:38 pm

And I LOVE playing Playstation HOME,, Thanks SONY….