Farpoint

Apr 20

Apr 20

Update on PSN Service Outages

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We’re aware certain functions of PlayStation Network are down. We will report back here as soon as we can with more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Add Your Own

FAI-SAL-500 said:

April 21st, 8:46 am

,,,^_^

Autoxfool said:

April 21st, 8:46 am

And still can’t log on.

Anytime now. And, of course, thanks for keeping us posted.

xzile said:

April 21st, 8:52 am

As you are no doubt aware, the current emergency outage is continuing this afternoon and all Sony Online Network services remain unavailable. Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behaviour by an outside party. If the reported Network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service.
Our engineers are continuing to work to restore and maintain the services, and we appreciate our customers’ continued support. For further information, please refer to updates on PlayStation.com, here on PlayStation.Blog and via our @PlayStationEU twitter feed.

xzile said:

April 21st, 8:53 am

Hmmm an outside party, eh?

xxfamasarmyxx97 said:

April 21st, 8:53 am

Thank you for ensuring us that your working on this problem. i truly wish i could be online schooling my freinds in call of duty mw2 and black ops and battlefield bc2.please hurry and fix the servers

xxfamasarmyxx97 said:

April 21st, 8:55 am

an outside party microsoft nd nintendo i hope its not you. it wouldnt be good for your well being

xxfamasarmyxx97 said:

April 21st, 8:58 am

i would love to kill the person responsible for acking up sony’s servers but they’re hiding in a hole running from us

Drebin_Bushido said:

April 21st, 9:03 am

yeeeeee i say we k11111111l because without my playstation to k11111111l it’s boring so lets k1111111l for real:)

Trieloth said:

April 21st, 9:04 am

I sure hope you guys/gals get this fixed before iam done with work. I needs to play more Socom!! the co-op is so freaking awesome!

DEXER_82 said:

April 21st, 9:04 am

i havent been able to sign in 1 to my account

zombie9 said:

April 21st, 9:07 am

Thanks for update. I went home for lunch to check and I’m down to. Every thing runs fine except I can’t sign in. internet looks great though:)

JillyDad said:

April 21st, 9:17 am

How about you guys put Lumines for the PSP on as an appology when you get it sorted out? Maybe free for Plus members?
Just an idea. ;)

CrazedZombies91 said:

April 21st, 9:24 am

i can’t sign in at all today hope it gets fixed soon

Rognald said:

April 21st, 9:27 am

I don’t this is a big deal, I play offline all the time. I just go online once in a while to get updates, buy something or to win a trophy… Oh yeah, and to post my trophies on Facebook :]

UnholierThanThou said:

April 21st, 9:30 am

@xxfamasarmyxx97 You need a counselor.

Weezy_F_187 said:

April 21st, 9:34 am

does it work now?? (“-“)

Mr_Evo said:

April 21st, 9:35 am

Is this recent outage the work of Anonymous? i thought they said no more DDoS would happen.

Well what ever the reason, Sony you have my full support.

Johnmark said:

April 21st, 9:36 am

nothing like this every really happened to sony until those dam hackers decided they were all hurt sony went after them for hacking the system.

Weezy_F_187 said:

April 21st, 9:36 am

Cant they fix this and let us play online at the same time? like they fix it in a new update?

Weezy_F_187 said:

April 21st, 9:37 am

i think its the xbox360 fanboys that causes the problems…

Weezy_F_187 said:

April 21st, 9:39 am

i hate this

Weezy_F_187 said:

April 21st, 9:40 am

anyone who wants to play RED DEAD REDEMPTION WHEN PSN IS ONLINE , ADD ME

zabelzerolp said:

April 21st, 9:43 am

WOW I can’t belive it’s been out all this time. It’s surely must be a record time that the PSN has been out of service. They better have someone working the graveyard shift to fix the problems. All thru out the day. Mmmmm Let me think of how many employes does SCEA have working on this issue. it better be a whole damm team of at least 50-100. Why because I seriously cannot remmeber the time that the PSN has been out of service this long. Thanks SCEA for working hard & mainting the PSN service good. lets all jope this issue gets resolved good.So it will never happen again. :) (I want to play Portal 2 & Socom 4 online).

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 21st, 9:53 am

Sony any update? Whats taking so long!

pitythefool852 said:

April 21st, 9:57 am

From EU blog:

“While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.”

Looks like the PSN staff are having a really bad day. Good luck, guys

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 21st, 10:01 am

@173 Are you kidding me?!?!?! Noooooooo :(

igorrocks2 said:

April 21st, 10:10 am

Hackers THIS IS WAR! All IT users from 0 PLAYSTATION NATION LET’S DDoS Anonymous Team to Death

KNOWLEDGEND said:

April 21st, 10:21 am

Still not fixed. What the hell
is up with this

JaY_Ci_415 said:

April 21st, 11:16 am

Because of this I was given a loss in MLB The Show and let me tell you…I was NOT a happy camper. And I also have to sign in everytime I sign in as it’s not doing it automaticaly.

This is weak.

sid4peeps said:

April 21st, 11:44 am

there is a video out there, which cannot be posted here, and this is what it says at the end of the video…this is a recent video…

…at the end of the video, “Sony, prepare for the biggest attack you have ever witnessed, Anonymous style”

google helps…

AnimeRemix said:

April 21st, 12:17 pm

Hope everything is back to normal soon…

xXCoLtKiLLeR said:

April 21st, 12:44 pm

i hope sony gets hacked to hell. Pieces of crap, with crap service.. Why do people ven play a ps3 online its terrible, Xbox ftw..

ajayghosal said:

April 21st, 1:12 pm

im buying an xbox. forget this free crappy psn

LordRaymond said:

April 21st, 1:35 pm

Lol if this is the work of anonymous, then they really need to get a life. Being a terrorist does not get people on your side. Also 180 is a xbot fanboy.

Nescau_BR said:

April 21st, 4:00 pm

3 hollydays sequence in Brazil(April 21, 22 and 23) and just in these days PSN is off. NOBODY DESERVES.

Squall1979 said:

April 21st, 4:13 pm

Certain functions? Why not just say you can’t log in right now because your [DELETED] is broke.

sid4peeps said:

April 21st, 4:40 pm

actually, i don’t own M$ crapbox of FAIL…
i am a dedicated Sony user, since before PS…infact, because of the quality of PS/PS2 i have bought numerous SONY products, including a list which looks fan-boyish…

2x PS3s
PS2
PS
PSone
2x PSP2000
PSP3000
PSPgo
2x Bravia LCD TVs
Sony VAIO laptop
2x Sony Ericsson xperia X10s
etc…
oh and tons of software and peripherals for the consoles…

so DONT ever call me a xbox fanboy !!!

and yes, I AM UPSET because PSN is down, i am upset that PSPLUS is going down the crapper…who wouldnt be? GRRRRR

KingDubin said:

April 21st, 5:36 pm

I can’t sign in at all. Really sucks as I was looking forward to play GT5 and Shift 2: Unleashed today. Oh, well. ;(

Detective-E said:

April 21st, 5:44 pm

figures man, i want to play mk pretty badly

sid4peeps said:

April 21st, 6:52 pm

i wish to correct myself, it seems as if Anonymous is NOT responsible, i’m sorry if i had mislead and pointed fingers early…BUT, even Anon has said that it could have been someone within them, or someone rogue…but, it is def not them as a group…

anyhow…sony, i hope in the end, i have $50 in my wallet…lol…

Permafry_42 said:

April 21st, 7:10 pm

Great! i just got Portal 2 (which i now can’t play online), and i might miss out on a free $10 psn+ game i wanted to download (Comet Crash). Thanks sony! and ps3 fanboys wonder why 360 users love xbl so much…

SSJStarwind16 said:

April 21st, 9:03 pm

It’s cool Sony…you guys take your time. I am not at all upset about this.

Could be worse, could be like my buddy his 360 just died and he sent it off to MS, he won’t be playing any games (Single player or online) for 6-8 weeks while he waits for it to be returned for the 3rd time!!! Once it comes back he says he’s buying a PS3.

I have been focusing on Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat single player stories during this time. When the PSN comes back online I will be hitting Killzone 3 and COD again though, lol.

The only other time I can think of this happening was about a year ago when there was a clock problem with the older systems. But oh well. Still makes me laugh, Live went down a couple of years ago on Christmas and Live users sued.

Ah well get well soon PSN. We miss you, lol

kevbobbly said:

April 21st, 9:07 pm

OMg i had this problem for 6 months now i got this ps3 6 motnths ago hoping to play some hard core blops then you have been disconnected from the PSN for 6 months Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevbobbly said:

April 21st, 9:10 pm

every thing eletric in my house is sonny but this Ps3 realy let me down bummer:(:(:(:(

SSJStarwind16 said:

April 21st, 9:13 pm

Playstation_RLS says it has something to do with Japan…I…dunno.

iKC-GRIDER said:

We are Anonymous,

We are legion,

We never forgive,

We never forget,….’]'[

Nescau_BR said:

April 22nd, 5:35 am

Sony, that’s the worst CHANGE I ever saw. A hightech company like you are all of this time with a PSN offline is inconceivable. If I do this in my job, I lose.

Some tips for SONY:

– Changes windows has to be only hours in global services, not days.
– Create a Disaster Recovery plan. (It is useful in situations like that.)

gold818 said: