PlayStation VR

Apr 21

Apr 21

Latest Update on PSN Outage

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 10

leukoplast said:

April 22nd, 12:13 am

I just hope Sony doesn’t use this as an excuse to start charging for PSN access.

igorrocks2 said:

April 22nd, 12:22 am

@ 102 ruin Easter because I won’t be able to chat with my gf in video conference I agree that Sony has to have gods devils team (legal security hackers)

Zashyr said:

April 22nd, 1:06 am

good thing i bought Mortal Kombat yesterday :) FIGHT!

iTofuMan said:

April 22nd, 2:50 am

It pathetic to see people complain about how people live their lives. Yes Psn/Ps3 isnt the whole world, but what people tend to forget is that that most people are probably coming home from work/school or what have you and want to have some “Me Time” or blow off some steam a little which would mean playing some games.

The have a right to complain just like you have yours. Something like this should have been pre-planned out before hand just in case something like this happens. It seems like people think Sony is some small company, its not… they are a professional company with what i believe to have some people who knows how to do the job. Yes things like this take time especially if they (Sony) doesnt even know what the problem might be.

All im saying is that people should vent out their frustration. I mean look at it Sony doesnt even want to list why this problem is occurring. I would think if its something small it would have been fixed by now, or if it was something big like a computer glitch they would have stated something. Like maybe it having to do with the Steam account syncing with the Ps3.

Maybe if Sony actually stated whose to blame we can all complain there, or see why it is causing the problem.

iKC-GRIDER said:

April 22nd, 4:20 am

We are Anonymous,

We are legion,

We never forgive,

We never forget,

Rognald said:

April 22nd, 5:06 am

I disabled my net connection just in case. I would like to receive an email about PSN being back on though… I don’t like to keep looking for answers at blogs…

DazeOfWar said:

April 22nd, 5:14 am

Hopefully we are back in service today. I at least almost finished up Uncharted 1 on crushing difficulty. Only 3 more levels and I will have a shiny new Platinum. Good luck on working this out Sony.

LeonBlade said:

April 22nd, 5:19 am

Sony is hiding, they know for a fact who is causing these issues, but they dont want to give in and look like the lesser person.

Eventually they will come out once their service will be down for more than just a few days.

This is what you get, Sony. And Anonymous isn’t doing this because they just want to make people mad, it’s for a god damn reason. Maybe some of you people should do some research…

gold818 said:

April 22nd, 5:40 am

70 million people offline in a matter of minutes

Xanthene said:

April 22nd, 5:45 am

LeonBlade smells like poop.

GC1107 said:

April 22nd, 6:04 am

I get parranoid everytime i play my ps3 cause two of them have literally melted (YLOD)on me. so I force myself not to use it much. It suck that most all of it features are tied to psn. I cant even log in on the forums and my anti virus program blocks the sign in pop up so i think they being hacked. Going to try and end some games i havent played in years and mabey trophie hunt on some of my downloaded games.

gold818 said:

April 22nd, 6:16 am

so much panic and confusion what do we do somebody help us

DJHaole said:

April 22nd, 6:20 am

Hey I see progress, the error is gone, and now it says down for Maintainence!!!

xxnike629xx said:

April 22nd, 6:41 am

@DJHaole
Not on my PSP…

T_T

I still get an error code.

Ragnaroknight said:

April 22nd, 6:45 am

I wouldn’t worry people, especially not of Hackers, this is probably an actual server problem that has to do with the recent implementation of Steam integration and the cloud-based saving system on PS Plus. These recent additions were mostly likely an unforeseen amount of stress put on Sony’s servers causing them to crash, combining these new features with all of the user-base on both PSN and Steam is probably a pretty hefty load, Imagine having thousands of new users on a different platform playing with people on PSN i’m honestly interested on how it was supposed to work in the first place. And to those who worry about hackers (especially Anonymous) They have announced a few days back that they would cease their attacks on PSN because it is not their goal to hurt the customer/user which makes perfect sense, why would a group want to demoralize itself in front of millions of people for a selfish cause. I’ve actually heard it might be possible Anonymous is Helping Sony to calm down the users at the current moment (They avoid negative publicity, Sony gets facts and also avoids negative publicity, makes sense right), but this is mostly just opinions and rumors. (Anonymous did state they ceased PSN attacks several days ago).

Swandiggitty said:

April 22nd, 6:56 am

Here’s a novel idea Sony.. For a future software update how about you allow us to play online by connecting to other PS3’s. I don’t care if my stats don’t update or I get trophies…I just want to enjoy some online gaming with friends!

This is the year 2011 and everything is cloud enabled…without the web, the experience is DRASTICALLY reduced!

CeroDouble said:

April 22nd, 7:07 am

Whoever is hacking the servers needs to stop, because we (the gamers) are the ones getting hurt the most. they are basically wasting each other’s time with no benefits (the hackers by hacking, sony by fixing, and us by not being able to play.)

siriusbee said:

April 22nd, 7:07 am

@266 (Swandiggitty)

“…everything is cloud enabled…” I think the term you wanted to go for there was ‘peer-to-peer’, not clouds.

But anyway, that is a good idea. I don’t know the specifics, but I’ve read in the past that PSN, to some extent, *does* use peer-to-peer for multiplayer. Would be great if the implementation would go as far as to allow for MP gaming even without PSN.

Autoxfool said:

April 22nd, 7:14 am

We having fun yet? :)

donavon915 said:

April 22nd, 7:26 am

yes we are having fun

Gr33nMaN_BeAStIN said:

April 22nd, 7:29 am

Dang yall need to fix this….. ASAP

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 22nd, 7:39 am

:D :) :l :(

xxnike629xx said:

April 22nd, 7:42 am

Maybe their server room(s) exploded from too much activity with Steam and Cloud.

>_>

They should have foreseen this an done a mega hardware upgrade to their servers and then released the firmware update. It looks like a new firmware or 2 will be coming for PS3 & PSP after they fix this issue.

datastorm98632 said:

April 22nd, 7:42 am

What do I mean by Positions?
Sony Online Entertainment, the entertainment giant’s online-gaming arm, is closing its game-development studios in Bellevue as well as in Denver and Tucson, Ariz., and cutting 205 positions across the three markets.

The move is “part of a strategic decision to reduce costs and streamline its global workforce,” SOE said in a statement Thursday.

Read more: Sony Online Entertainment to close Seattle studio | Puget Sound Business Journal

So here in the Pacific NW we lost more Jobs.

luigi-the-beast said:

April 22nd, 7:42 am

I can’t login to the Socom forums on the computers at work nor home.
I can live a few days without the PSN, but this is somewhat aggravating.
Luckly I can always play the 360 if I get too bored without the PSN, but
I guess now you people can appreciate a bit more how having a paid
subscription like Live might make some sense, there’s no way in hell
this type of thing will EVER happen on Live. And if it ever does, I have the
right to be refunded. The PSN people can leave us hanging for a while
and there’s NOTHING you can do about it, you’re not even paying for it!

datastorm98632 said:

April 22nd, 7:46 am

will discontinue production of “The Agency,” a spy-themed “massively multiplayer online” (MMO) game being developed in Bellevue for personal computers and Sony’s PlayStation 3 console.

SOE has about 700 employees company wide.

I know HQ has more then 700. But If SOE in its self is 700, Holy cow, No wonder why it is taking them a long time.

RiverWraith said:

April 22nd, 7:53 am

With 20 years in IT, I know there are some really smart exhausted people doing everything humanly possible to fix this. Sony, if you’re honest with yourselves during root cause analysis, PSN will emerge stronger than ever and we’ll all have a better product to use when you’re done with repairs. I’m praying for your networking, infrastructure, and application teams.

loneherozero said:

April 22nd, 7:57 am

@ 225, you and your legion of hackers are getting into a battle that they will regret . a bunch of sony gamers, who are hackers who support sony hate you right now!!! stop this CRAP!!!! LEAVE THE GAMERS ALONE!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!

loneherozero said:

April 22nd, 7:58 am

sporry i meant a @ 255

korgon117 said:

April 22nd, 8:09 am

I got a different message on PS3 when I tried to sign in, now it says “PSN is currently under maintenance.” So they must be getting somewhere, I bet it will be back online either tonight or tomorrow. Anonymous stinks! LoL

Moeeed said:

April 22nd, 8:10 am

SONY needs better engineers to secure the PSN.

KristopherAry said:

April 22nd, 8:13 am

hey maybe they are updating for the cross gaming chat?!? i can dream caint I!!!

Autoxfool said:

April 22nd, 8:32 am

Why aren’t you people playing single player? :p

Should just see how many single player trophies we can collect in the meantime…. READY???

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Xicy said:

April 22nd, 8:38 am

This happened on the same day that Amazon’s servers had a major service outage; does PSN lease servers from Amazon or something? Reddit and some other sites relying on Amazon hosting were down for over 24 hours as well.

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

April 22nd, 8:44 am

Sony should hire geohot for counter hacking security measures!
irony [DELETED]!

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

April 22nd, 8:45 am

Sony should hire g e o h o t for counter hacking security measures!

donavon915 said:

April 22nd, 8:55 am

so many problems so little time

SETGANG-SIX said:

April 22nd, 9:06 am

I’d like to blame this on Zipper Interactive. I know it’s not their fault, but man Socom 4 is so bad PSN should be shut down. Way to ruin a great franchise Zipper!

wrestlemania0226 said:

April 22nd, 9:19 am

Come on guys! Chill out… it’s just a little maintenance. It’s probably syncing with STEAM after the release of Portal 2. After all, our games DO have single player, why don’t you embrace it for a while? Give PSN a break….

dkenair said:

April 22nd, 9:19 am

I want a free game for this.

dawn101 said:

April 22nd, 9:23 am

Im sure glad I wasnt one of the ppl that paid for playstation plus omg

Da_xavier said:

April 22nd, 9:23 am

and set gang-six take your Trolling cry baby opinions over to Socom.com the “community” over there is about the only people who are gonna agree with you cuz they just want Socom 2 back go cry some were else

route151 said:

April 22nd, 9:25 am

I am wondering, does this have any connection with the switch from SCEA to SNEA? It would be a great gesture to the users if there was more transparency on the situation. Even the diction used, is clouded… or is the situation that grave?

ogfullmelt said:

April 22nd, 9:25 am

no!, now i have to spend time with my wife and kid, hah jk I love them,.

siriusbee said:

April 22nd, 9:29 am

@284 (xicy): Interesting, very interesting indeed. Could very well be that they lease virtual servers from Amazon for their services.

dawn101 said:

April 22nd, 9:30 am

Ive spent a small fortune on home clothes spaces etc we better get some real good free stuff for this hastle

donavon915 said:

April 22nd, 9:32 am

and we are almost at 300 comments XD

Heisem said:

April 22nd, 9:33 am

it’s skynet ppl…we have been ignoring the movie for so long and it’s now happening…

donavon915 said:

April 22nd, 9:34 am

@ dawn101 i am a proud member of ps plus i don’t think this would effect the servers being down for 48 hours is going to make me think differently about the service so why do think it would be a waste?

FRANKMAN1 said: