Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 22

Apr 22

Update On PlayStation Network/Qriocity Services

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 7 8 9 10 11

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 23rd, 1:50 pm

@365 Its so stupid that could be true…… NOT

leDaveKron said:

April 23rd, 1:55 pm

365 & 366, you guys are terribly stupid.

kenny-1995 said:

April 23rd, 1:56 pm

Hey at least im trying.

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 23rd, 1:56 pm

We are all stupid nuff said

IIICY4NID3III said:

April 23rd, 1:56 pm

You know, even though Anonymous stated that they realized they were only hurting the players and not Sony because of the hacks and that they would stop, I think they are still up to no good. They are probably still hacking, causing some PS players to be like, you know what, if this keeps up, I might consider getting an Xbox or Wii. Then, Sony will lose customers, therefore Anonymous will win. People need to realize that its not Sony’s fault. Just like what Rustbucket80 was saying, people try to target big companies just to get a kick out of it. Everyone needs to support Sony, give them the time they need to really fix this problem, and just wait it out. Besides, PS3 owners can still have a great time with all the amazing story mode games….Uncharted/Killzone/Socom/Resistance/LittleBigPlanet.

s1mpl3______j4ck said:

April 23rd, 1:58 pm

this is irritating, the reason i play online is because then i have true competition, i beat all my single player games on every difficulty. Sony, hurry the hell up. please.

kenny-1995 said:

April 23rd, 1:58 pm

The Lack of gaming is making us delusional.

siriusbee said:

April 23rd, 1:59 pm

SGAShepp: You are so off-mark. If gaming account integrity was their main concern, why would they make it so that Japanese accounts can create ‘fake usernames’ that look exactly like any other PSN username? Why does PSN downloadable game Chime, ~four weeks after release, still not download and display leaderboards?

I think the problem is that there is probably one guy somewhere high up in their management that has no clue when it comes to the internet, but has a lot of clout. This guy totally freaks out whenever something comes up about online stuff, because his mom or something told him to always be careful about hackers and other miscreants on the internet that might totally steal his ‘intellectual property’. Everyone else is afraid of this guy, and has to ‘work-around’ his [DELETED] objections to cool features that are possible. That’s what I feel bad for sony about.

@365: Newell is too obese to do that kind of thing. ;) Just kidding. I love you Gabe.

s1mpl3______j4ck said:

April 23rd, 2:00 pm

were all addicts

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 23rd, 2:01 pm

True… Nothing to play, completed all my singleplayer. I want some online. Hurry Sony HURRY!

kenny-1995 said:

April 23rd, 2:03 pm

Sony have to find that hacker that went into the US Army files to help build a firewall for sony.

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 23rd, 2:03 pm

Wait a second…. its easter right? I dont really think they are working right now…. I mean is Sunday easter…

BrotherDaz said:

April 23rd, 2:03 pm

@ erick_34

Secret Trophies

Field Promotion ( Bronze Trophy)
‘First Strike’ – Complete your first mission as Ops Commander.

Rendezvous ( Bronze Trophy)
‘Rendezvous’ – Rescue the surviving allies at the NATO rally point.

Beowulf ( Bronze Trophy)
‘Leviathan’ – Destroy the enemy stealth frigate to ensure the safety of the remaining NATO fleet.

Whatever it Takes ( Bronze Trophy)
‘Fluid Dynamics’ – Stop the Naga forces from reaching the capital by whatever means necessary.

Trial by Fire ( Bronze Trophy)
‘Means to an End’ – Confront Razad and expose Naga’s partnership with ClawHammer.

Allegiance Exposed ( Bronze Trophy)
‘Revelation’ – Expose Gorman’s treachery and determine his true allegiance.

Eye in the Sky ( Bronze Trophy)
‘Uninvited Guest’ – Secure the intel that reveals ClawHammer’s true objective in the region.

s1mpl3______j4ck said:

April 23rd, 2:03 pm

i honestly thing Sony should give us something. even if they made a custom DLC background that said “I survived the Sony blackout” it would be funny and something to say their sorry

kenny-1995 said:

April 23rd, 2:03 pm

God Damn It.

kenny-1995 said:

April 23rd, 2:04 pm

Free Infamous 2 Avatar.

BrotherDaz said:

April 23rd, 2:05 pm

s1mpl3______j4ck said:

April 23rd, 2:05 pm

there working, they pay overtime and holiday wages. i’m sure

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 23rd, 2:06 pm

Hope you are right. I have to play before this weekend ends x_x

kenny-1995 said:

April 23rd, 2:07 pm

Well nothing else to do except from the obvious ;-)

s1mpl3______j4ck said:

April 23rd, 2:12 pm

play guitar

loneherozero said:

April 23rd, 2:12 pm

TO EVERYONE!!! my brother has just checked on the Anon Webstie or what ever sit they have for them to meet up and disscuss there plans, and the have stated that they ARE INDEED BEHIND THE RECENT ATTACKS ON THE PSN!!!!! that whole little thing they said about stoping was a lie!! i am angry beyond anything at them

kenny-1995 said:

April 23rd, 2:12 pm

is that what you call yours?

kenny-1995 said:

April 23rd, 2:17 pm

links loneherozone.

egee22 said:

April 23rd, 2:20 pm

HACKERS + Anonymus + HACKERS = MICROSOFT ????????

phinnv8 said:

April 23rd, 2:22 pm

Down all Friday and now all Saturday… Whata joke. I guess you get what you pay for.

s1mpl3______j4ck said:

April 23rd, 2:24 pm

its not Microsoft you tard. this is illegal and if it was Microsoft they would know by now, XBL would be shut down along with anything else they run that they could use to hack. it could cause their entire corporation huge fines, suspensions and they would have to pay for damages. that said, it could still be someone who works at Microsoft, which is a different story, but i highly doubt it.

loneherozero said:

April 23rd, 2:25 pm

UPDATE!, i have recived an update on the statement i have just relised, my brother, so stupid it might just be the end of him, has read the date on the post stating Anoms involment in this attack, HOWEVER!!! even though it is or may be allready known that the hacker Group Anom was the source of the first PSN attack back in march! i shall provide links show proof, i apologise to Anom, (i belive the message the promote, but i do not agree with the methods they use to premote said meassage) may you live long and prosper

s1mpl3______j4ck said:

April 23rd, 2:27 pm

you guise are geeks

blakseed said:

April 23rd, 2:28 pm

@phinnv8

Got that right. I have an xbox also and I can’t even do anything as basic as playing online because I got to pay for the privilege. So I guess I get nothing.. right?

loneherozero said:

April 23rd, 2:31 pm

ok as of 11 am today, Anom has claimed that this is them

sugarfree98 said:

April 23rd, 2:33 pm

this is so boring, just starring at my computer waiting for good news that likely won’t come till monday.

Paraplegic said:

April 23rd, 2:36 pm

Well, I played Dungeon Hunter for a couple hours, and then blasted through a couple missions in SOCOM 4 (as well as several trophies). Once I did that the sun was nice enough to come out so now I’m gonna go get drunk on my porch…hopefully I’ll get some online play in tomorrow.

xxnike629xx said:

April 23rd, 2:36 pm

A lot of people here need to learn to not make so many typos or learn proper English spelling. Really.

>_>

xxnike629xx said:

April 23rd, 2:37 pm

@sugarfree98
Staring at the computer screen won’t make the PSN come back up sooner.

>_>

At least go play some video games, clean the house, clean your room, or do anything…

Go order take out food and eat it. I dunno~

xxnike629xx said:

April 23rd, 2:38 pm

@phinnv8
It’s been down since like last Tuesday.

>_>

xxnike629xx said:

April 23rd, 2:39 pm

@egee22
Nope.

HACKERS + Anonymus + HACKERS = DOUBLE HACKERS + Anonymous

xxnike629xx said:

April 23rd, 2:40 pm

@s1mpl3______j4ck
You think they’re working overtime on holiday hours? I doubt it.

I bet they left their offices and then Monday will start to work on fixing it.

kebeknohito said:

April 23rd, 2:40 pm

This world wide outage is on its 3rd day & it reminds me of a similar problem PSN had at the end of February of 2010. Remember the date problem it had!

I have a feeling that this time, it might be caused by Data Storage…

gold818 said:

April 23rd, 2:41 pm

good time for heavy rain trophy’s

s1mpl3______j4ck said:

April 23rd, 2:41 pm

have fun staring at your computer screens. i’m going paintballing :P

TjSypheR said:

April 23rd, 2:44 pm

its been down since Thursday dumb dumb

siriusbee said:

April 23rd, 2:47 pm

@xxnike don’t slight sugarfree98. you never know, he may have tasted a little LSD or something. in which case staring at the screen would == doing all those fun things you mentioned.

zekececil14 said:

April 23rd, 2:51 pm

Anon said:

“We have attacked Sony in order to send a message that gamers worldwide have certain rights, and are not merely sources of income. Your temporary inconveniences have allowed a lasting impact to be made upon Sony, and other corporations that are tempted to follow in the pursuit of sacrificing service to customers in exchange for larger profits. Although you may have been unable to game for a day, this event will likely provide hundreds of hours of such in the future. Anonymous are gamers too. And we support the rights of people worldwide, and will stand up for the right of having access to the device that you BOUGHT.”

Children I swear. “you may not have been able to game for a day….” It went down wednesday. Were do they think they get the right to get our online gaming shut down? I swear, the 70 mil PSN users should sue them. How the heck is this not a federal offence to hack into someones network?

Digital breaking and entering anyone?

McZilla said:

April 23rd, 2:52 pm

Well I just finished Socom4 on hard time start over on Elite and get that gold trophy.

Paraplegic said:

April 23rd, 2:57 pm

@McZilla Good luck man. I’m not looking forward to Elite mode…having enough trouble getting used to the Move.

Unseen_Soul said:

April 23rd, 3:00 pm

oh ho yes, 9 pages. People still complaining. Win people, epic Double U, Eye, In

zekececil14 said:

April 23rd, 3:04 pm

“youHacking is a felony in the United States and most other countries. When it is done by request and under a contract between an Ethical Hacker and an organization, it is legal. The most important point is that an Ethical Hacker has authorization to probe the target.”
via eccouncil

So, if it is illegal, and we have the confession…………….does anyone see were i’m going?

Gogo_ZvC said:

April 23rd, 3:06 pm

@siriusbee
If you’re going to be put off by something like that, then don’t watch it, cause it won’t be entertaining for you. It’s really good for what they’ve been given to do it and the new direction is cool. Seeing things from other peoples points of view (ie. MK from the Director’s PoV) is fun and interesting. While I agree it is not perfect, it is entertaining and fun.

Also, anyone read The Walking Dead here?

zekececil14 said:

April 23rd, 3:06 pm

*ignore the you in the beginning of 410.

PAGE 1 7 8 9 10 11