Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

May 14

May 14

Kazuo Hirai: PlayStation Network Restoration Announcement

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 10

NinjaBear98 said:

May 15th, 10:50 am

FINALLY IT IS ONLINE. Looking forward to party chat and more features for PSN in the future though. I thought during the three weeks it was down you guys would implement party chat while you were beefing the security up.
But whatever, at least I can chat with friends and enjoy PSN!

TRiCK_YAHHH said:

May 15th, 10:51 am

Thank you Mr. Hirai, Sony IT, Sony for your hard work and your dedication to your customers. Lets try to make this community the best it was before your servers got hacked. To all that decide to leave, well so long and have fun with your new XBOX.

Mr_BATS2 said:

May 15th, 10:52 am

FINALLY, FINALLY PLAYSTATION NETWORK HAS COME BACK TO SONY. Thank god I am still with PS and thank god i was patience. it was just a matter of time..

good work guys……

TheBestPeople said:

May 15th, 11:01 am

i am on to

juliandiego said:

May 15th, 11:03 am

that

gooooooood

rochha said:

May 15th, 11:03 am

hello does this thing work?

jojordz said:

May 15th, 11:06 am

THANKS SONY HOPE U GET EVERY THING UP

eagle388 said:

May 15th, 11:09 am

Thank you psn and sony for your hard work and dedication to get us back on line so that many of us can play.And to the hacker or hackers may you burn in hell and keep looking behind you there coming to get you.

GLprime2814 said:

May 15th, 11:10 am

Oh man thanks so much, now will the free month of stuff include DC universe online?

rochha said:

May 15th, 11:12 am

why are you guys thanking sony? this type of attack shoulda never happened.

rochha said:

May 15th, 11:13 am

Well the attack can happen but Sony Security shoulda been better. even High School Lan Networks have more security

RobLockster said:

May 15th, 11:17 am

Second part. Anonymous didn’t hack. It’s called hackers planting false trails. Seriously, just putting “Anonymous. We are legion.” in a file? Anonymous usually makes ornate messages stating why they have done something if they didn’t publicly announce it in the first place. “Oh, look, a note was left. I’m going to follow this path.” It’s a technique used by trackers long before most technology. False trails help you get away and cover more tracks up before leaving. Ever heard the term copycat killer? Just a killer trying to get away with crimes by pretending it was the main guy sometimes.
As for PSN’s welcome back package. Why ask for it? Clearly there are reasons for Sony not putting it out yet. Let me explain this. Everyone had passwords stolen. If one person always uses the same password, the offenders and all who got your password info have your email account. If you keep money, they could bypass your email and have you psn id. Then they can spend your stuff on themselves. Keeping the store down is a necessary thing to do. Why did I mention the package? They will not bring out a package if you can’t use it yet. Why give playstation plus to people without playstation store? Okay, I think my rant is done for now.

dunkster89 said:

May 15th, 11:22 am

when will the actual STORE be open?

Lizardwrestler99 said:

May 15th, 11:23 am

Glad to be back. Gonna hold off on buying PSN cards until they validate the security for transactions in the coming weeks. No rush.

mountain46 said:

May 15th, 11:25 am

about fawking time fellas

Elkin26 said:

May 15th, 11:26 am

Take that, XBox bandwagoners… PS3 is still king!!!

Skater_Ricky said:

May 15th, 11:27 am

Thank You Kazuo Hirai and the rest of the Sony/PlayStation Team for your hard work.

I’m Glade to have the PlayStation Network back and running again.

I’m a Loyal Fan and Customer. I held in there while the fight got tough.

Glade to survive this mess.

To the rest of some people that said hurtful things I say shame on you.

I would love to hear more news on Cross Game Chat. Love to hear the news at E3 2011 :)

To those that say cross game chat is useless thats not true. No one wants to give out there personal phone number. And if you did it would only be close friends and family not everyone on PSN is super close.

I for one vote YES for Cross Game Chat. :)

Much love Skater_Ricky

Joseph_425 said:

May 15th, 11:29 am

Sony is the bestest in my eyes

verbic96 said:

May 15th, 11:29 am

Thank you sony I am a loyal costumer and i understand the wait and i thank you for the updates and time you took to get this back up Thank You!

RPGCrazied said:

May 15th, 11:32 am

Finally! I haven’t been able to login in since this happened. I’m one of the few people that it didn’t bother much. I didn’t go out an sell my system or games for a 360. I struggled through it. Though I do want to know more about the welcome back program.

The store would be nice as well, there is already like 4 games I wish to purchase!

KILLZONE79 said:

May 15th, 11:34 am

SONY YOU RULE! Im Glad i didnt lose my patience, while PSN was down i did some outdoor activities and at nite time played single player games to collect trophies for bragging rights. and oh thanks for taking your time for rebuilding PSN to make it more secure from hackers getting our information.

Final Note: Glad PSN is back up safe and secure from any cyber attacks :)

bmstout said:

May 15th, 11:36 am

it was worth the wait i mean its free

a74jaan said:

May 15th, 11:39 am

Thanks to every one at Sony for working hard at restoring PSN and letting us gamers do what we love doing – playing PS3 games

lX-CaspeR-Xl said:

May 15th, 11:42 am

It’s great to have the psn back online

Arcadian_Rebel said:

May 15th, 11:42 am

Sweetness! Time for some SOCOM 4!

AUG209 said:

May 15th, 11:43 am

SONY PS3 DA BEST!!!! IM DIE HARD, NOT ONCE DID I EVER THINK ABOUT MICROSUCKS 360 UNLIKE OTHERS UP ON HERE…. GOOD WORK SONY!!!! JUST WAITING ON THE STORE NOW.

Amachamort said:

May 15th, 11:44 am

Good the PSN is online, but what about the PlayStation Store and our one month of PlayStation Plus?

BladePenguin_911 said:

May 15th, 11:45 am

when is the playstation store coning back up

ACTION1 said:

May 15th, 11:48 am

Dear Mr. Hirai,

I would just like to send a personal thank you to you and your team for bringing back the service that we as gamers love. As having a Master’s degree in Computer Information Security and Information Assurance I understand all the hard work that you had to do once the network was compromised.

I also understand and appreciate that you brought in professional IT Investigators to help identify the problem and help make the network more secure for your consumers.

I just wish that the gaming communitry would have been a little more understanding of the what you all had to deal with and what it took to get it back this soon. You have just made life a little better for the millions of users that take advantage of the PSN.

This is just another reason why I am a loyal customer of Sony and Playstation and will never jump ship. Keep up the good work and know that you really do have true costomers that will stick with you in good and bad.

ghost_1345 said:

May 15th, 11:49 am

Today as I was playing on the PS3 I was sent to the logging page and a message appear saying that SOMEONE SIGN IN USING MY ID I think that hackers are still able to hack into our accounts.

ima_inkaholik said:

May 15th, 11:50 am

rumor has it they are going to start charging for online (like microsoft) so we can get some dedicated servers . i hope not thatd suck

ghost_1345 said:

May 15th, 11:51 am

I am trying to contact PS3 to tell them that someone sign in with my ID OR account but unable since the line are full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S-E-G said:

May 15th, 11:52 am

i would rather have an apology about my data being stolen then an apology about psn being down
this will be the last time i purchase a Fony Device
Can’t wait to see what Microsoft comes up with next
For Fony? Not so much
if only you listen to what your users wanted we wouldn’t be going through all this crap you caused
but all you care about is getting psn up ASAP so you can get to our credit cards before the hackers clean us out first, if i get another useless firmware update after this one i’m gonna put a sledge hammer though it.
stop trying to make us believe and start making things happen, your still in 3rd place in the console war, you think you would know by now why that is . get your act together ASAP before i go trade this garbage in for an xbox 360

FadedMemories930 said:

May 15th, 11:55 am

Thank you for finally bringing the psn, and for rewarding us with a welcome back package.
However, I doubt it’ll take a few days, weeks, and months in order to gain full trust from many people.
This was more serious than just people losing their online gaming and chatting abilities, the private information taken from all of the users is a very serious matter. That’s not something that will be easily forgiven by people.

Despite all that, I’m glad you guys put in the full effort this time to allow the psn to be even more secure that it ever was. That you so much, and I love my ps3.

MICKnTIFF13 said:

May 15th, 11:56 am

YAY!! sony. i saw the comment from some on on this board that anonymous left for a user in a message that was reported please take this seriously . they claim to hit psn again .. HOPE YOU CATCH THEM. or stop what they have planed. I how ever did not get a message when i signed in for the first time but, it dose not mean it was a idle threat. but, I am confident that sony is aware and prepared for this issue (i have full confidence that while sony will be watching and waiting) I love ps3 and i can not wait to see the new stuff up and running. LONG LIVE SONY.

HardLuck_Josie said:

May 15th, 11:56 am

So happy to see Sony Playstation back online! I’m glad to have waited and learned of the good news. I’m glad they are going to have an early detection service. That probably will prevent future incidents like this. once again, glad to have you back old friend. I have missed you! NOW Gimmie my welcome back package!!! lol

fleashymeat said:

May 15th, 12:01 pm

thank you guys so much for your hard work to get things back up and running,, cant wait for the store to come back on,, i want shell out my hard earned money to you you guys on the new psp i bought to celebrate.

vision_tek said:

May 15th, 12:05 pm

happy that your up and running again…..would have been happier u were up front from get go…..

wU-sOLdiEr210 said:

May 15th, 12:09 pm

glad its back up
im a loyal sony fanboy
all i ask is for you guys just actually implement what we have suggested on the https://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ site

at this point, it only make sense

KINGSMOOVEE_ said:

May 15th, 12:10 pm

Thank you so much when i saw this yesterday night i almost cried

Azianboyguru said:

May 15th, 12:10 pm

Omg codgasm!!!

Froggnen said:

May 15th, 12:19 pm

IS THERE GOING TO BE FREE STUFF ON PLAYSTATION STORE PLEASE I WAITED SO LONG I CANT REMEMBER TIMES I HAD WITH PSN.

CUJO884 said:

May 15th, 12:21 pm

Thanks to all the people at Sony who worked so hard to get psn secure and online. Good work.

mohshooterBoy said:

May 15th, 12:21 pm

i woke up thinking it was 2013 bout time

OCxViRuXz said:

May 15th, 12:22 pm

For the love of SONY… THANK YOU… this was one hell of a month we been down… every1 add me so we can play blk ops n mw2

SiCk_DiSeaSe said:

May 15th, 12:22 pm

Finally!!
We’re back on! :D

MissJuicy420 said:

May 15th, 12:26 pm

Thank you Sony!!! Your the poo!

cgmzombie said:

May 15th, 12:31 pm

RESPECT

hbsting said:

May 15th, 12:36 pm

hell yea most awesome cant wait till the psn store is up n running i wanna get parasite eve love that game:D

isawasharkbirth said:

May 15th, 12:37 pm

I am not happy with Sony, and I agree with some previous posters who mentioned that there should be no thanking. Don’t let this short gratification cloud your eyes.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 10