Horizon Zero Dawn

May 14

May 14

PS3 System Software Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.

If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.

We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5

David_Gilmore_73 said:

May 16th, 2:06 pm

I have been waiting 3 weeks just to put my 2 cents in regarding this whole mess, and I don’t understand how so many people were posting replies to those updates when I couldn’t log in. Anyhow, I want to express my frustration at not being given any sort of timeframe as to when services would be turned back on. I don’t beleive you that the information wasn’t available, you’re a multimillion dollar corporation, and you were just keeping it a secret to try not to lose customers to competitors. That being said, thank you for getting the network back on so quickly, I can’t wait to get back to GT5 online, that and metal gear solid 4 were the reasons I bought the system in the first place. I’ve always been a sony fan, for those two franchises and for resident evil, but I am beginning to lose faith in Sony due to what I’ve perceived to be a lack of transparency regarding this network outage. My faith will only be fully restored in Sony and Playstation if and when whoever is responsible for this debacle is identified, caught, prosecuted, and most importantly punished.

MnimiZhai said:

May 16th, 2:11 pm

HELP! I followed the directions and changed my password but when I try to sign in on my PS3 it tells me “an error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error.” then gives numbers. How can I fix?

MnimiZhai said:

May 16th, 3:29 pm

Nevermind got it, thanks!

slimshady_lurkin said:

May 16th, 4:58 pm

wow i couldnt really tell the differences with this firmware and the last firmwawre!! i thought u guys were gonna change the xmb and stuff. its still sick. btw when will the the psn store be up? ^_^

XxMadHaTTerxX420 said:

May 16th, 5:11 pm

BOMB network is runnin thats all that matters

GanGsta3FOLKS said:

May 16th, 8:55 pm

Not sure u should do that download if u got a out of warrentty system it might not work after the update I’m very angry my third ps3 that crapped out woke up ready to play socom but no go 3 funky beeps and system down I’m not liking sony too much anymore I will never belivie in this company again , wow WOW GUESS ILL BUY ANOTHER PS PEICE OF S ,PS

C4_213 said:

May 17th, 2:09 am

Thanx Sony !!

LinPooh84 said:

May 17th, 7:28 am

Not to long ago they wrote that they will give out a free 30day subscription to all non ps plus users or something like that but I guess they are still working on that! and I think that’s why it’s taking a long freakin time!!

BalramRules said:

May 17th, 10:11 am

i wonder wot v4.00 wil bring…. :1

k202004 said:

May 17th, 11:10 am

trying to resset my password on my PS3 damn i want to play now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mekele22 said:

May 17th, 11:28 am

Damn it playstation you had to come on when my GCSE’s started now how am i supposed to revise please!!! lol cant wait to get ps+ tho =D 30 days free woohoo

MzVendetta said:

May 17th, 11:38 am

Thanx Sony!!!! Love you :) take as much time as needed

xX_roma_Q8_Xx said:

May 17th, 11:43 am

hi

R3d-Devil_lp3 said:

May 17th, 12:12 pm

I wonder if the other map pack for black ops will come out on psn

JN-Rod said:

May 17th, 1:43 pm

Im glad psn is back up but when will we get ps plus for a month for free? I wanna know. And y can’t they hack xbox and leave us PRO GAMERS alone

GrIMReaPER143 said:

May 17th, 2:19 pm

hey is it true that on ps home that ur gonna give us 100 free items of r chioce ???

and well its kinda crap that basicly a trllion dolor copany cant fix a small hack in three days
EMO KID OUT XD!!]]

fishncake88 said:

May 17th, 3:04 pm

Now put up the PSN store i just got 2 20$ PSN cards and i cant use them please put the store up by the end of this week k thx.

HoundKilla said:

May 17th, 3:06 pm

When will the store be up? Send me a playstation message on it. HoundKilla

TigerLust said:

May 17th, 3:41 pm

BUG REPORT: I have over 60 friends on PSN. When sorting friends by name, it lists myself, then 36 contacts properly sorted A-Z, then it starts again from A to list the remaining contacts. Please fix in the next firmware.

blackiemist88 said:

May 17th, 3:44 pm

wtf!!! i hope this firmware wasnt the reason my ps3 cant see vuze as a media server….

StaarCaravela said:

May 17th, 6:07 pm

But mine is saying that the DNS is an error so how do I fix it?. Can one of people from playstation network help me. Please and Thank you.

Vulnic said:

May 17th, 8:18 pm

Im just glad the people that made homefront werent in charge of fixing the PSN or we’d still be waiting for them to respond with an acknowledgment that it was even hacked or anything was wrong!!!

StaarCaravela said:

May 18th, 5:09 pm

Never Mine it is working :)

perfect911 said:

May 20th, 9:20 pm

its 22nd may and i still cant access to paystation store from australia….. anybody got the same issue??

skyhi45 said:

May 21st, 6:20 am

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bamfadin said:

May 21st, 3:24 pm

Where’s the compensation for all this wait!!?!?!?!

threeboxhigh said:

May 21st, 3:48 pm

why are people wanting something for free because the server had to be shut down. if your ford or chevy breaks down after long usage are they going to give you anything, i think not.

LOLZ-O_O_PWNDU said:

May 21st, 5:12 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUDDY DOUBLE XP BLACK OPS plz friend me for a quick scopeing match AND ZOMBIES!!!!

joelgonell said:

May 22nd, 8:58 am

FreedomwNoLimits said:

May 23rd, 10:35 am

yea thanks for taking so long but glad ur back i was really missing crysis 2 lol

south4 said:

May 23rd, 1:57 pm

You all need to give up on the in game chat, or as microsoft calls it: party. It is owned and copyrighted by microsoft! So it will never happen!

orton_toonfan said:

May 25th, 6:48 am

pleased its sorted just waiting to see if or what changes has been made!

Nlolo1942 said:

May 25th, 12:15 pm

when wy can use the playstation store

ergopoxxy said:

May 26th, 6:59 pm

i Hope the playstation store works soon, i wanted to buy a game

knight0522 said:

May 30th, 2:23 am

I am still unable to play DC Universe. i purchased this game right before the network outage and I have been patiently wiating. Can anyone tell me when this might be back up or do I need to return this game to bestbuy and get my money back?

mart_182 said:

May 30th, 5:27 am

Yeah ps3 sucks ass. Get an xbox

cris36pin said:

June 4th, 5:02 pm

i got the new psp go.and it takes so long to get the games!

crmoore1 said:

June 6th, 2:06 pm

So i tried to manage my account and it is password protected now and i didnt set it that way how do i get the password

crmoore1 said:

June 6th, 2:11 pm

or is that the new updates and its the same as the log in to playstation network ?

PAGE 1 3 4 5