Knack 2

May 16

May 16

Details for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program in North America

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Now that some PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming and entertainment, we’re happy to provide details about the “Welcome Back” appreciation program for customers in North America. We developed the program as an expression of our gratitude for your patience, support and continued loyalty during the service outage. From all of us at PlayStation, thank you and welcome back!

This package will be made available to all existing registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users in North America (US and Canada), and will be made available shortly after we have fully restored the service. More specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live.

All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD + Fury

For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
  • ModNation Racers
  • Pursuit Force
  • Killzone Liberation
  • A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
  • 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
  • Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
  • Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
  • Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
  • To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.

We’d like to thank all of our publishing and development partners who’ve contributed to the Welcome Back program, including Bigbig Studios, Codeglue, Digital Leisure, Guerilla Games, Heavy Water, Housemarque, Lockwood, Loot, Mass Media, Media Molecule, SCE Cambridge Studios, SCE Studio Liverpool, SCE San Diego Studios, and Sucker Punch Productions. We couldn’t have created such a compelling package without them!

As a reminder, you will be able to access the above content shortly after services are fully restored. We are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible. Please visit the following sites for more information about the Welcome Back program in Europe and Latin America.

Thank you again for your support!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 139 140 141 142

Justin7414 said:

June 2nd, 10:07 am

Why is it I can’t get the 2 free games it say I have to pay Wtf

dabombazz said:

June 2nd, 10:22 am

finally store is open

EASY-E411 said:

June 2nd, 10:37 am

i can’t get the 2 free games and i don’t have the 30 day trial for playstation plus

Chukz15 said:

June 2nd, 10:45 am

Did you guys even read it says the welcome back program isn’t live yet………

osmund_9514 said:

June 2nd, 11:51 am

assassins creed 2 with add-on content is now only 20 bucks 4 download

osmund_9514 said:

June 2nd, 11:51 am

i want it so bad

TwiztidPsycho420 said:

June 2nd, 12:09 pm

honestly, there could be a few more games to choose from IMO, but it is what it is. now that the store is up as of last night, im hoping thats when the “back time” of plus started, bcuz plus has been completely useless with the store down. but im glad the store is up now, hooray for games to buy :)

dari459 said:

June 2nd, 12:36 pm

Ah hey guys, can somebody tell me why I can’t have the 2 free games and 30 day free membership? I mean is it temporarily or forever?? I hope I can get them fast!

ripper713 said:

June 2nd, 1:59 pm

SO WHEN ITS THE FREE GAMES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE SONY STORE SINCE IT HAS BEEN RE STORE??????????!!!!!!!

eRa_Sniiper said:

June 2nd, 2:19 pm

WHERE IS THE WELCOME BACK PACKAGE!!!??? I Can’t be able to get my two free games/Ps+ :(

DragAssassino said:

June 2nd, 4:30 pm

Sony should give us a huge list of games because some people have all of the ones listed above and most of the games on that list i either dont like or own already so im looking forward to being able to get games like Portal 2 and Crysis 2 =) thanks Sony I’ll be working for you one day hopefully! lol if i can haha

KevPC said:

June 2nd, 4:34 pm

can we make it to 10k comments?

Justin7414 said:

June 2nd, 4:40 pm

Yea I seen the welcome back package hasn’t been set up yet

Justin7414 said:

June 2nd, 4:44 pm

Anyone know when we will get access to that welcome back deal I seen their gonna do something tomorrow with PSN

wesdogg82 said:

June 2nd, 8:54 pm

i tryed to download the 2 free games but they charged me

Empty_Cell said:

June 3rd, 6:57 am

Sony is like the government, you pay now and in 6-8months you MAY receive a refund. I honestly wish they would go back to the old network, maybe then I can get some COD time in without being disconnected every other round.

WILDBILL1876 said:

June 3rd, 8:59 am

free games NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chukz15 said:

June 3rd, 9:11 am

To all the stupid people asking why the Welcome back package isn’t up

“You may have noticed that the content promised as part of the Welcome Back offer is not yet live. It is currently in the final stages of testing and will be available to download soon; we’ll be sure to let you know when.”

Maybe you guys should actually READ something and stop asking stupid questions.

iceevee said:

June 3rd, 9:21 am

RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR

Pookachoo said:

June 3rd, 1:03 pm

Too bad only one free game download works! How about that second game?

davoo21 said:

June 3rd, 2:12 pm

You are dumb, It is up. This is the wrong blog post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeBH1206 said:

June 3rd, 3:28 pm

were do you get those games cause if you are suppose to get them from playstation store it doesnt let me get into it “Error code *******”

McFly-8 said:

June 3rd, 9:59 pm

Thanks Sony, but I have one major concerning question.
Now that the WB program is up and running, will it be up forever?
I notice you say the games will only be available for 30 days, but how about the free 30 day PS+ membership for those of us who have never had PS+.

Can I redeem that in the future? I have no use it for it immediately, but when Resident Evil 4 is remastered for PSN I would probably like to get on PS+ and see if it has a discounted price.

Thanks again, keep up the good work.

nighthawk507 said:

June 3rd, 11:44 pm

i get a err ever time i try to goto the playstion home shoping for items so idont know what is for free

ikomikara said:

June 4th, 2:19 am

Are Sony managers slow in all levels! By this “Welcome” package I just hate the company more. Sony lost all my data in an stupid way and now by offering these useless old games I know what is my next console and my suggestions to my friends! Go for XBox, with much better appreciation for users!! compared to Sony,

ivos1969 said:

June 4th, 9:09 am

I do not know what happens, but the PSN store is soo buged, it giving me error randomly every second time i try to shop. After dozens of tries I was able to download one game for free from the welcome back package, but the second one did not download, even was not shown in my download managment tab. Now I can not order again my second free game, because the option is not available for me in the welcome package. It is a mess. I will suggest everybody wait until Sony finaly start runnung their store correctly.

The_D_Manator695 said:

June 4th, 9:31 am

ooo 3 movies whoopie! Ghostbusters, Final Fantasy, and Bad Boys! Coulda made available newer movies SONY?

daniel861027 said:

June 4th, 9:47 am

this sucks…. yesterday i tried to download my 2 games for ps3 n was imposible n today the option is no more aviable for me!!!

TherShallBeBl00D said:

June 4th, 12:17 pm

I can’t download my second game the tabe just disappeared can anyone help?

mrlaredo76 said:

June 4th, 12:51 pm

The PSN still not working for me is anyone eles having problems with it??

mrlaredo76 said:

June 4th, 12:54 pm

I think im leaving and get XBox since sony cant work out the problem by 6/5/11

Armin525 said:

June 4th, 1:49 pm

REEAD ME!!!! k hear there is a problem if I go to see the games and get out I can not come back for select will block the free games

Armin525 said:

June 4th, 1:50 pm

commsnipes16 said:

June 4th, 2:21 pm

Yay sony!!! This is soooooo sick! I’m glad you actually listen to your customers and try to keep a good relationship with them. But next time give us the full details when you get them instead of trying to hide the problems.

MINDBLENDER said:

June 4th, 3:55 pm

Well I went to the store selected my games and then nothing. No download prompt, no new bubble or pill like icons on my bar in PS, I cant re-initiate the process. WTF?

Iscynical said:

June 4th, 5:39 pm

Tried to download my 2 free games and got an error code.now the option for those same games (which were not downloaded) is gone and I have no free games.Thanks sony.way to get you s**t together.time for an xbox.

Iscynical said:

June 4th, 5:54 pm

ok found answer for my previous gripe.see #7036.and it worked.now i have my free games.i apologize sony.i hope this helps everyone else who’s download buttons went missing.

If you do not immediately select your free game after downloading “Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 1”, “Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 2”, “Welcome Back Free PSP Game 1”, or “Welcome Back Free PSP Game 2”, and notice that the icon is missing, you need to perform the following steps in order to claim the free game:

Exit the PlayStation Store.
From the XMB, select [PlayStation Store] > [Account Management] > [Transaction Management] > [Services List] > [SCEA Promotion].
Select “Welcome Back free PS3 Game 1”, “Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 2”, “Welcome Back Free PSP Game 1”, or “Welcome Back Free PSP Game 2” (which ever product has remaining uses).
Select “Select Content” button and select your game.

Noobkiller2014 said:

June 4th, 6:05 pm

I’m having a slight problem with the welcome back package. Whenever I try to receive it, it gives me the message “This content cannot be accessed on your account.” Does this have to do with the massive amount of people downloading the package, or is it because I got a PS3 during the outage and couldn’t make an account before the outage…?

Noobkiller2014 said:

June 4th, 6:12 pm

Also for everyone complaining about FREE games, stop acting like idiots and take the time to realize sony wasn’t required to do anything for you but they did anyways. Honestly, the fact that theres nearly as many complaints as compliments about a free package with games, movies, and playstation home items is outrageous.

iceboxwillie said:

June 4th, 6:27 pm

i think you should beable to choose 1 or 2 games out there thats not a new release for your download. well, thats what i think but, sony makes the call.

Orguss888 said:

June 4th, 6:47 pm

i can get the 2 free games, but why didn’t I get the 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership?

zxRikimaru said:

June 4th, 7:09 pm

Can you repick one of the games? I was looking at the Dead Nation info but it downloaded it and i don’t want it, anyway to repick it?

SHSTrademark said:

June 4th, 9:07 pm

Could we at least get a good game?

ivos1969 said:

June 4th, 9:42 pm

Last night I tried to download from PSN Store two free games for PS 3. After numerous errors I placed two games to be downloaded Infamous and Little Big Planet. Due to the long download time I went out and when I check back, my PS3 downloaded Little Big Planet twice, but not Infamous. Now I can not download Infamous, because Welcome back screen does not give me an option to get another free game. What can be done to download my second free game? Please respond

eli221 said:

June 5th, 12:09 am

When I tried to get the first game an error keep popping up and I decided to try the next day when I tried the next I could only download the second game and could not download the first game
PS. a friend of mine also had the same problem

varttila01 said:

June 5th, 2:27 am

i don´t get how can i get those 2 games in store?

varttila01 said:

June 5th, 2:31 am

im just playing deadspace2 and thinkin how?? O.o

brandonjclark said:

June 5th, 3:45 am

I simply don’t see the WELCOME BACK program hyper-link anywhere. This is it! I’m giving up on Sony forever. No more TV’s, no more DVD players, no more anything……

Balmong7 said:

June 5th, 5:27 am

One of my games didn’t download because the store bugged and now there is no way for me to download it! It didn’t get transferred to my downloads list, but still shows up under my purchases.

MrLouque said:

June 5th, 11:43 am

I got both of the “Welcome Back: Free PS3 Game”s then I got dead nation and though I got Little big planet but that didn’t work and now I can’t download it from anywhere. Also somehow I bought the 30 days free of Playstation Plus without wanting it.

PAGE 1 139 140 141 142