Overwatch

May 18

May 18

Update on PSN Password Reset Process

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We temporarily took down the PSN and Qriocity password reset page. Contrary to some reports, there was no hack involved. In the process of resetting of passwords there was a URL exploit that we have subsequently fixed.

Consumers who haven’t reset their passwords for PSN are still encouraged to do so directly on their PS3. Otherwise, they can continue to do so via the website as soon as we bring that site back up.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 16 17 18 19 20

punkdude15 said:

May 22nd, 6:32 pm

when is playstation store goin to work

Tbobbyxx22 said:

May 22nd, 7:28 pm

rencruzz said:

May 22nd, 7:58 pm

Quit [DELETED], you just want the free Download and your broke [DELETED] can’t wait.

shamarrman123 said:

May 22nd, 8:05 pm

yo wassup sony plz tell me wen the store will be back up because i want to get 4 games out of tht five because little big planet is just BORING and also r those messages true about being removed in to weeks if u dont send tht message bcuz if so thts just [DELETED]

definitive18 said:

May 22nd, 8:23 pm

im the best at black ops here

squashman123 said:

May 22nd, 10:11 pm

to lukedrunkwalker how much for the ps3.

spike_was-here said:

May 22nd, 10:21 pm

hey sony psn is not quite good yeat it keeps logging me off and is not only me i heard this from other people do someting…when will psn store will b back

harlyD123 said:

May 22nd, 10:43 pm

ME TOO.

starlider said:

May 22nd, 11:28 pm

when will you get redeem codes back up? Good work with geting the PSN back up.

crazyfirefly7911 said:

May 22nd, 11:36 pm

I loyally played and treasured my PS console through the “XBox phenomenon” and I’m still sticking by you even after the PSN black out. However I feel that you as a corporation have some tough decisions to make if you plan on keeping your current customers and ever plan on reaching new consumers in the future. First listen to your consumers. For instance I keep seeing the same questions, “When is the PS Store coming back up?” “How are we going to get access to the “welcome back package?” ect. Yet I see these questions ignored and unanswered. If you don’t have the answers you should say so and if you do you should share them with the people that need them most, your consumers, who provide that convenient green paper that pays your bills and puts food on your table. Also I know I’m not alone when I say this but you should make the PSN more secure even if it means charging a PSN subscription. Forking out 20$ a year is a small price in comparison to putting my financial and personal security at risk on an unsecured PSN. Sony please make things right and don’t make me regret spending my hard earned money and putting my trust in your company

chocosaurus12 said:

May 22nd, 11:43 pm

They said may 22nd and it still not working here in uk, why?

starlider said:

May 22nd, 11:55 pm

I cant login on my adder accont. it stands that i gonna get a mail so i can fix my password but i havent got any mail. why??? I will try to fix it today but maybe i cant fix it. F*/(¤%&(¤/)K hackers!

blatoris said:

May 23rd, 12:21 am

starlider said:

May 23rd, 1:00 am

to play dead space 2 online you most writh in a redeem code. thats sucks! what idiot did that.

starlider said:

May 23rd, 1:00 am

dont be so shore.

Unrealice said:

May 23rd, 2:35 am

OK Sony you need to tell us when you plan to open the PSN store. People are starting to get mad, and I for one do not care, but you need to let your customers know this crap. or you will end up losing them to other companies, like Microsoft.

Legend_Legion said:

May 23rd, 2:57 am

PARDON MY FRENCH, BUT I RESPOND WELL TO IGNORANUSES!
GET IT???, YOU IGNORE US!

BryanPace said:

May 23rd, 5:22 am

To the gamers who keep hating on Sony: Shut up. You are annoying.

To Sony: Thank you so much for going above and beyond the call of duty (no pun intended) with the welcome back pack, identity theft insurance, etc. as I realize that you are not required to do this. Thank you for keeping us up to date with posts on the blog instead of leaving us in the dark like you could of so easily done. I am sorry that you got hacked and I realize that this breach was not your fault. So take all the time you need to make the store (and everything else for that matter) secure, and thank you for being patient with all of the annoying haters that have been and still are yelling at you even though they have no idea what they are talking about.

Sincerely, Loyal Gamer

HEK8981 said:

May 23rd, 5:59 am

@854
I have to assume you are being satirical like Stephen Colbert, because you are wrong on just about every count.

Above and beyond the call of duty? With old games and stuff no one wants, plus a free trial to their subscription service to try and get you hooked and a little identity theft protection (that they haven’t said anything about for almost 3 weeks now)? Yeah, they’re really servicing us.
Not required to do it? Well, not technically, but they are scrambling to try to not get sued into oblivion.
Keeping us up to date? When is the last time you heard anything about any of this? This blog post? Almost a week old. The welcome back program? A week old. And like I said, the identity theft protection program? Almost 3 weeks. The PSN store? NEVER. In what medieval age would communication this slow count as keeping us up to date?
The breach wasn’t their fault? You’re kidding, right? Even if their security WAS up to date (and I’ve heard conflicting reports from a bunch of different places), their general data storage security SUCKED, which is what allowed the hackers to get our personal info (seemingly unencrypted!) and access our credit card numbers. Not to mention the exploit for password reset on the website.

Legend_Legion said:

May 23rd, 6:20 am

@857 You must be talking to the herb under me, Yes he is definitely wrong on every count. And HEK8981 My comments were true, straight from the heart! Don’t you think so? @856 “loyal gamer”. our comments are annoying?? You know what’s annoying?? After the weeks of SONY not giving us daily updates on their progress, and they still have the nerve to update games like hatchet & skank? Then lil fruits like you come along and jump on sony’s RICHARD! praising them!! you must be mad feminine in the town.

Legend_Legion said:

May 23rd, 6:23 am

NOT @857, BUT @862
loyal herb @ 861

Legend_Legion said:

May 23rd, 6:24 am

Bryan is a poptart!

HEK8981 said:

May 23rd, 6:34 am

heh… Yep. I meant 865. Fingers were off by one on the number pad.

Boobnoob69 said:

May 23rd, 6:41 am

I for one don’t believe this crap about the store being up on the 24th or Sony would have said something by now. That was just a stupid rumor that got spread around like that stuff about the world ending on the 21st.

PLEASE

GIVE

US

AN

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boobnoob69 said:

May 23rd, 6:49 am

Hey, I just realized I can do this,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boobnoob69 said:

May 23rd, 6:51 am

NYAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Boobnoob69 said:

May 23rd, 6:51 am

Ok, that was the last one.

Opiat85 said:

May 23rd, 6:54 am

i just like how as soon as online gaming went back up that sony felt like that would shut us up for a while and leave us in the dark ab.out the COMPLETE restoration of services.after online gaming went back on it was like buisness as usual for sony.no updates for when the rest of the shizz is coming back on,just talk about all the new crap they want us to buy from them.i know we dont pay to play like xbox but what some ppl dont realize is that i still have to pay for my internet service EVERY month that i almost exclusively use for my playstation which for me isnt cheap.so while everyone saying that we shouldnt complain about the time frame,i say we should.i dont know about you but sonys services being down costs me money.i dont think its asking to much to hear SOMETHING at least every other day about restoration.if they have time to write articles about a dozen different games every day i thinks they could spew out a few sentences going either way about it.it only takes a few minutes.im just syin

Brother_Menthol said:

May 23rd, 6:56 am

When Will the Store Be back on Again And Thanks For getting it back on

derek6669 said:

May 23rd, 7:05 am

i like how they say there was a “URL Exploit” not a hack
for one a “URL Exploit” is a fancy way of saying the security of the website was compramised
how does that happen?
outside entities breaching security
wow way to sugar coat it sony

and thanks for keeping your customers informed on whats going on
i read about 2 weeks ago about our “free” game package but still have heard nothing about how to get it or when it will be available

derek6669 said:

May 23rd, 7:23 am

i dont get why people are asking sony questions in these blogs
sony doesnt care enough to even give us status updates
you really think there reading what us “petty customers” have to say?
weve all already bought the ps3
theyve made there money off us already
they dont care what we have to say which is evident in the lack of updates on whats going on

Polycarbonated said:

May 23rd, 7:49 am

Yea i would like to know more on how the “welcome back package” works and what choices you get to choose from the so called “GAMES”.

Polycarbonated said:

May 23rd, 7:50 am

at least make it worth our time

Andiwasgone said:

May 23rd, 7:58 am

do yall belive they gonna give us all that and whats da rumor that we r gonna have to pay for acess like dem bums wit xbox

fredster90 said:

May 23rd, 9:39 am

ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

date on when store will be up: Sony had already said it will be up by may 31st!!!

Games available on “welcome back package” follow this link to there earlier blog https://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-for-playstation-network-and-qriocity-customer-appreciation-program-in-north-america/

anything else?????????????

eastbrownn said:

May 23rd, 10:16 am

Sony of old is gone,,,,,,,,

krazykilla2043 said:

May 23rd, 10:21 am

The outage was acctually kinda worth it. now i dont have any connection problems

Boobnoob69 said:

May 23rd, 10:25 am

PLEASE UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wilsonfamily said:

May 23rd, 10:38 am

Wow, we are on day 3 since the last blog update. Still no official blog posting on the store. I am really hoping that the statements of it coming back up tomorrow are true but without there actually being a blog post about it makes it hard to believe 100%.

Now i know a lot of people have been saying that those of us who keep asking about the store restoration date that we are whining however i would like to say that before anything was brought up, people were complaining that there was no online gaming and they just wanted to get online, now that the online playing feature is available everyone assumes that all is well. However for those of us who utilize the store more than actual online gaming should be free to complain about the fact that we are still waiting for what we want to use and the fact that there hasn’t been any further mention about this from sony does upset us.

I have no problem with waiting if it means they need to take more time to get things in order but i think they could at least post an update into the status of what is going on so that we have somewhat of an idea.

tycen-b said:

May 23rd, 10:41 am

to bad i had to make a new account because my email address is screwed over and i cant sign into it or my other account on psn because i cant reset my password with out getting onto my email but oh well i might as well start trying to get back 2 yrs worth of gaming back up to where i was…

Fennec-Lass said:

May 23rd, 11:26 am

To those saying there has been no update on the store for days:

deeble99 said:

May 23rd, 11:42 am

What a load of crap!
This latest PSN debacle is the last straw.
XBox / MS Live here I come.

bpin1 said:

May 23rd, 11:49 am

When is the store gonna be up?

BryeezyBit_904 said:

May 23rd, 12:06 pm

When’s playstation store gonna be back up?

C57D said:

May 23rd, 12:11 pm

Not really happy w/ updates etc…. For one thing, I downloaded the new update to my PS3. But never got a prompt to re-set my password. I can no longer play any games, as the trophies will no longer update & all my games quit. So I can’t even use the system. I reset my password on line thru my laptop but that hasn’t seemed to help. My PS3 continues to ask me to sign up for the Playstation network. I also cannot access Netflix. So Sony what goes on? HELP!!!!!

tennbounty60 said:

May 23rd, 12:20 pm

people keep say they going buy a xbox i dont like xbox because i bought 2 and they both went out less that a year and i had my ps3 for a year still working xbox nothing but junk boxes they dont last like sony dose sony been out lot longer that xbox

hobokiller26 said:

May 23rd, 12:35 pm

When is the store up

T-MAC-99 said:

May 23rd, 12:58 pm

@tennbounty60

especially with the “red ring of death”

and x-box users say we get it too

T-MAC-99 said: