Farpoint

May 18

May 18

Update on PSN Password Reset Process

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We temporarily took down the PSN and Qriocity password reset page. Contrary to some reports, there was no hack involved. In the process of resetting of passwords there was a URL exploit that we have subsequently fixed.

Consumers who haven’t reset their passwords for PSN are still encouraged to do so directly on their PS3. Otherwise, they can continue to do so via the website as soon as we bring that site back up.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 20

Subtenko said:

May 18th, 12:25 pm

Thanks Sony for clearing it up. Im tired of all these gaming sites being (insert your term here). Its all they ever talk about. Wish Sony would also say “if you dont hear it from us, it isnt true” or something like that. Anyone else agree?

BloodRedDrake said:

May 18th, 12:25 pm

@Crazy
Please learn proper english, it hurts to read your posts.
Bye

RikiDog said:

May 18th, 12:25 pm

@cajunmac77 The store will be back soon, didn’t you read the other articles?

hamsterman1010 said:

May 18th, 12:27 pm

its was on now it is down comeon

Da_xavier said:

May 18th, 12:27 pm

seems like there doing regular mait atm

knowles217 said:

May 18th, 12:28 pm

thanks for that sony

imjustaguy1983 said:

May 18th, 12:28 pm

happy to hear about the restoration by the end of the month . SONY FTW!!!!!!!

agnugget said:

May 18th, 12:30 pm

i have all those games and ps+ extra free month um ok sounds fine but really this does nothin for me…… i understand they are trying to give out cool stuff but those games are old… ppl think if they give out store credit they would loss alot of money…. but wait why dont they just give us the money for what the games are worth… still would be losing the same amount of money and it could make everyone happy so im not stuck with games i own… also may ppl think oh i have 2 ps3 and i get 2 free games for each account right… wrong it goes by ur IP address.. so because there are mult. account holders in 1 house only 1 IP address get credit..so who gets to pick a game me or the roommate….? husband or wife….? collage dorms whom share internet…?

GothicRichard said:

May 18th, 12:30 pm

@ Huanchu
i seen wher china and japan will not let psn come back online becase they what more to secare the psn thats y china and japan in not back on.

NO_FEAR said:

May 18th, 12:31 pm

Sensationalst interwebz mock journalist to generate site page hits OH MY!

Looks like they are still on alert.

Maybe we should all chilax, walk to aa cafe’ and enjoy a coffee.
works for me.

DEEZ-FAM_STARZ said:

May 18th, 12:32 pm

Hooray Sony!! :)

punkmusic2009 said:

May 18th, 12:34 pm

when is the psn store up my friend just gave me some psn cards pepplpoe are saying its tommowerw on thurs

RikiDog said:

May 18th, 12:34 pm

@DEEZ-FAM_STARZ Hooray to what?

RikiDog said:

May 18th, 12:36 pm

@punkmusic2009 Just read the other articles. they say soon. -_-

hush404 said:

May 18th, 12:37 pm

Don’t cha just love how media sites everywhere instantly claimed “OMG SONY ARE HAXED AGAAAAIIINNNN!!!!!!” FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!!

Arkangel29 said:

May 18th, 12:37 pm

+ Old Pop Tarts:

Ive owned three different PS3s and all you do when you buy the new one is login with your PSN account when you first login. Its simple and painless so there should be no worries when you purchase a new PS3 in case yours broke/you want a new one

BloodRedDrake said:

May 18th, 12:37 pm

@agnugget
Can I ask where your getting your information? I dont see that anywhere on the blog…..

DL-enigma said:

May 18th, 12:40 pm

my first comment :D

BLAZ3DAFUNK said:

May 18th, 12:42 pm

Got my password changed soon as the network came back up…. im less worried about my psn account then my personal information that may have been stolen and what somebody could do with it. I see no word on a Canadian identity thieft program… its kinda pointless unless if I plan to be covered for life, since a hacker could choose to use my information whenever they want maybe not for 10 years all of a sudden to commit fraud and ruin my life, since they stole so much information they have alot to pick over and use to hold onto for years….. and there is nothing yous can do about that except try to bring down these hacker that are ruining the psn once and for all.

Can we atleast get an ETA on the store plans to return.???

MOROCCAN_NUTTAH said:

May 18th, 12:42 pm

i think, if they give use free new black ops map pack!!!!!! which is coming out soon that would be great and free gta iv story of liberty city and lost and damned!!! that would make my day and others lol ^^ come on not infoamous whats that thats as old as pac man lol

i cant use my credit card any more(DAD) :( coz of what happened

the_idoru said:

May 18th, 12:43 pm

at least I can still comment.

BloodRedDrake said:

May 18th, 12:43 pm

The Store is supposed to be back online by the end of the month.

fleashymeat said:

May 18th, 12:43 pm

at this point i would pay for the store,,, i really really want to give you my money Sony,, please do what you can,, at least an update as to when we can hope to have it back

Coyote-Trickster said:

May 18th, 12:43 pm

@54 PSN’s asian server is down because the japanese government refused to let them relaunch it until they prove to them these new safety measures to prevent future hacks are good enough fr their information safety standards. Honk Kong is unfortunately affected as well. Hopefully Sony can settle the matter soon because I miss my JP account.

DryPenguin said:

May 18th, 12:43 pm

WHEN WILL THE DAMN STORE BE OPEN!!! I bought a PSP GO and PSN card the day before everything was brought offline, I have been sitting here with a worthless piece of plastic for a while now. I don’t want to pirate or use homebrew……SO GIVE ME A LEGAL ALTERNATIVE FFS

punkmusic2009 said:

May 18th, 12:43 pm

i know how soon becuse sony offered a bunch of free stuff that will take 1 mouth and something ive been wanting to ask did the arest the pepplpoe that hacked becuse i heared they denyed it and is still free and what dont make sense hacking is to steel free games but plus offers half the store free and now we get more free stuff and also i bought the goose game there was a event for a item on april 29 2011 how can i get that item the network was off

jasonelmaldito said:

May 18th, 12:44 pm

Good

StickOfDoomXx said:

May 18th, 12:45 pm

So when’s the store gonna be up?

DevilDogno2 said:

May 18th, 12:45 pm

So PS Store by the end of the month. That would be just fine. Thankyou.

skooks1987 said:

May 18th, 12:45 pm

what about the store??? ive been waiting to get honest hearts dlc and the black ops map pack, i have yet to play any game cause i cant access the things i want to.

DevilDogno2 said:

May 18th, 12:46 pm

@megalodonshark

‘Open to everyone, but don’t be a jerk.’

Jjoxford2007 said:

May 18th, 12:46 pm

@25

Not everyone here is a fanboy/girl. Some of us just happen to only own the PS3 because we can’t afford the other systems. I love Playstation/Sony a lot more then I like Xbox/Microsoft, BUT I don’t consider myself a fanboy because I don’t bash the other systems while praising the PS3.

MOROCCAN_NUTTAH said:

May 18th, 12:48 pm

i think its no point commenting coz they wouldnt read millions of comments so its no point i think

Stackcluster said:

May 18th, 12:49 pm

is it working now?

NisWolf said:

May 18th, 12:50 pm

Starting to think Sony can’t figure out what wrong with he store. Either that or the hackers did a number to their system! Either way they (Sony) are handling the situation wrong!

StickOfDoomXx said:

May 18th, 12:51 pm

@ shooks1987
Comment 127 SO HAVE I! I really want Honest Hearts as it is BEAST! So Sony, please get the store up ASAP!

Jjoxford2007 said:

May 18th, 12:52 pm

@117

Oh jeez not the map pack crap again. How many times do I have to tell people Sony DOES NOT own the DLC for games they didn’t develop themselves? That’s like asking your friend to tell his friend to give you game cause your friend broke yours. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! They didn’t screw the game up your friend did.

punkmusic2009 said:

May 18th, 12:52 pm

i wish i worked for sony i read this commet everyday and i would anwer any qetion and take the option to help sony

punkmusic2009 said:

May 18th, 12:55 pm

any game reated stuff is owned bye the compeny not sony the devepers make the game

MOROCCAN_NUTTAH said:

May 18th, 12:57 pm

which one is better buy maps packs on black ops(sony) for the customers or loses them hmm ?? im not saying im going to leave but others might and which one is cheaper ?

melvindew123 said:

May 18th, 12:59 pm

OK, but when is the playstation store gonna be back up?

MOROCCAN_NUTTAH said:

May 18th, 1:01 pm

hmm i think next year lol joking soon as in very soon 2012

x-cult said:

May 18th, 1:05 pm

Is this a for real situation, or do we have to wait 3 days again before we find out the reality of it?

BloodRedDrake said:

May 18th, 1:07 pm

It would be cheaper to lose a few customers than pay 15 dollars for 77 million people.

mmdmvm said:

May 18th, 1:07 pm

So when will PlayStation Store come up? AND WHY DOES XBOX GET EVERYTHING FIRST?! I WANT ESCALATION SOOOOOOOO BADLY!

mmdmvm said:

May 18th, 1:09 pm

When will PlayStation Store come back up and when do we get Escalation? We should get it for free because we were patient while Xbox fans just rubbed it in our faces!

Caudill said:

May 18th, 1:10 pm

Update on getting the store back up please?

I know for certain I’m in the minority here but I would have preferred the store to come up before online play, sooooo many PSN games on there that I want :(

BloodRedDrake said:

May 18th, 1:11 pm

The store should be back online by the end of the month Caudill.

DragoonZero said:

May 18th, 1:12 pm

sony, we are the 18th, the psn came back on the 14th, give us an update on the store please. Does it look like i’ll be able to start dcuo this weekend? next weekend? in 2 weeks. or not even update, tell us why the store is not online and what your doing to bring it up. Give us an update, show your customer you care. I’m a little mad at this blog right now. I am happy that game news is back for people who wanted them, but right now, it seems your in business as usual mode and it isn’t. Some of us still can’t play online on our game because of the store since we can use our online access pass.

northen_cail_209 said: