Final Fantasy XV

May 27

May 27

New Official Wireless Stereo Headset Coming for PS3

Anand Agarwal's Avatar Posted by Sr. Manager, Platforms Marketing

Do you hear that sound? It’s the sound of the enemy approaching your bunker. Only you’ve heard them way before they’ve even seen you and now your commandos are ready to unload. What’s your advantage? It’s simple – the official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset – the latest addition to the PlayStation 3 accessories family.

Official Wireless Stereo Headset for PS3Official Wireless Stereo Headset for PS3

The official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset will be available for $99.99 (MSRP) at retailers nationwide this September. Many more of your favorite franchises, such as Killzone and Gran Turismo, were also designed for surround sound audio. Featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, the Wireless Stereo Headset lets you hear all the minor in-game audio clues clearly, whether you are in a firefight in a first-person shooter game or racing for the checkered flag.

Designed with comfort in mind for hours of gameplay, it’s the perfect addition to your PlayStation experience. Connecting the Wireless Stereo Headset with PS3 is made easy with the included USB Wireless Adapter. Precise volume controls and accessible microphone mute make it so you never have to interrupt gameplay to fumble for buttons. You can easily stay informed about battery status, sound controls, etc. with on-screen headset status updates. On top of that, the Wireless Stereo Headset also offers the highest quality voice chat for crystal clear online conversations. The mic is retractable so you can put it away if you just want to listen to music or play a single player game.

We’re very excited to be able to offer you yet another new way to get immersed in the game. Be sure to keep checking the Blog for more information soon.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 12 13 14 15 16

Boobnoob69 said:

May 29th, 3:55 am

RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boobnoob69 said:

May 29th, 3:55 am

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boobnoob69 said:

May 29th, 3:55 am

I KNOW YOU CAN SEE ME SONY

Boobnoob69 said:

May 29th, 3:56 am

FIX YOUR STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boobnoob69 said:

May 29th, 3:57 am

AWWW, SCREW IT, i’M GETTING AN XBOX.

KnightRid said:

May 29th, 4:31 am

Boobnoob69 – loose and lose are two different words. Even morons should know that.

wolf92193 said:

May 29th, 5:13 am

can the headphones pick up all the sound from the game (background music, sfx, etc.) and not only voice chat during online play? my tv’s stereo flat out broke, so that would be really useful.

Boobnoob69 said:

May 29th, 5:15 am

AND NO, I WON’T TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF UNTIL THEY GET THE STORE WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

truewolf2008 said:

May 29th, 5:17 am

@Boobnoob69
i dare you to yell it’s over 9000

Nocturno999 said:

May 29th, 5:28 am

I’m cautiously optimistic since I have a Bluetooth headset and the sound quality is superb.
Will these headsets be compatible with PC?

lxatruch said:

May 29th, 6:26 am

i really like it and i will be getting on september… but why is it not bluetooth? i mean, why a usb adapter… the ps3 doesn’t have to many ports you know… one for the camara and one for this? and thats it… no more ports… i dont think the ps3 has A2DP compability right?

Any way, looks awesome… and i would be getting them, just not excited about the USB adapter and the price… $100 for a non bluetooth device, doesn’t sound right.

Panago177 said:

May 29th, 6:44 am

@lxatruch, paid almost 200 for my wired phones, and they take a usb jack too. Thats one for the frag fx shark and one for the Tritton microphone. Sweet gaming goodness.

@wolf92193 yes they will integrate all the sounds and the sound of other players will be heard. Not sure if they will have a volume adjust, mine do and its great. :)

JuanRa23 said:

May 29th, 6:44 am

:D nice!

CAMS8114 said:

May 29th, 7:11 am

My vacation ends today and I’m going to trow my psn card away.
Thanks for your efficiency guys

victor_714 said:

May 29th, 7:17 am

psn down again

djoutcry said:

May 29th, 7:31 am

yup psn down again LOL i guess they are just prepping things up for PSN store to be and the amount of people that is going to be downloading from the PSN store

Arkangel29 said:

May 29th, 7:32 am

PSN down for anyone else but me?

Arkangel29 said:

May 29th, 7:33 am

Ok I thought something went wrong with my system haha

xX-VENOM_936-Xx said:

May 29th, 7:37 am

why is everybody getting so excited? you can easily get a turtle beach px21 for $80. they have awesome sound quality-which I’m sure beats this sony headset-. the mic is one of the best I’ve ever seen, plus there’s an in-game volume control for “Bass, chat, and game.” on top of that, there’s also an audio expander (allows you to hear very distant sounds), and a mic mute. this headset also makes sure your voice isnt too loud by circulating your voice back into your ears without any sort of lag. this headset is also compatible with the Xbox 360, but who would want one of those pieces of junk?

Sh1nato said:

May 29th, 7:44 am

Hi Sony Where’s the store? I would have posted this in the Playstation Store thread, but there isn’t one. Can we have some info please?

dxfl123 said:

May 29th, 7:45 am

oh my,PSN is back down… am scared…

Buckis2002 said:

May 29th, 7:48 am

Now to save up at least 99$ buy september I have 127$ now but I’m getting infamous 2 and red faction armagedon which will be awsome and maybe force me to give up black ops

Arkangel29 said:

May 29th, 7:50 am

Haha its back now

Buckis2002 said:

May 29th, 7:51 am

Also to people who say that this is bad, I’ve got a pair of old sony headphones (not earbuds) that are at least 5 years old and they rival in sound quallity of current earbuds so Sony stuff is just awsome (tv’s are the best of them)

ViceSmith117 said:

May 29th, 7:54 am

These look pretty nice. Might be buying them this September. Do they use Bluetooth? Can they connect to other devices?

d3m_sHoTTaZ-420- said:

May 29th, 7:59 am

why cant i sign in!!?? it wont let me sign on to tha ps3

djoutcry said:

May 29th, 8:25 am

k psn is back up :) phew

Techno769 said:

May 29th, 8:28 am

The PlayStation website still won’t let anyone sign in, would someone care to tell me why?

djoutcry said:

May 29th, 8:40 am

@656: Not sure hmm I see:

Site Maintenance Notice

The server is currently down for maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

メンテナンスのお知らせ

現在、サーバーのメンテナンス中です。

大変申し訳ございませんが、しばらくしてから再度接続してください。

djoutcry said:

May 29th, 8:42 am

I still hope its the PSN store that is being tweaked for the immediate HUGE amount traffic expected to pick up their free games as well as their regular downloads, and also to give non-PS+ users to have PS+ privileges…again these are just ideas, I have no idea what’s going on over there :P

Sh1nato said:

May 29th, 9:08 am

well they don’t have to worry about me rushing to DL anything. Don’t get me wrong I want my Dead Nation, but I would much rather put in the code I got with my UC2 GOTY Edition. I thought all the DLC was on the disk like RE gold edition. So lets get that store on so I can begin my multi-player goodness.

dawack1 said:

May 29th, 9:29 am

realy a usb adapter i dont have a usb port to spare and i have 4 not to mention those people who only have 2 ports what are they suppost to do ? the playstation is wireless! take advantage of that

djoutcry said:

May 29th, 9:38 am

@660, you know how companies roll…they sucker you into buying the wired one, and then release the wireless one and the ones who bought the wired ones would go back out and buy the wireless ones too lol

Blackstar131 said:

May 29th, 9:43 am

may be i will get it depends on price

djoutcry said:

May 29th, 9:45 am

i am currently using a usb headset by rocketfish and I love it! So I don’t think I will buying this headset unless a bluetooth version comes out. :) Also, why buy these when you can get Turtle Beach for $70 for Ps3 (here in Canada) just saying…

CAMS8114 said:

May 29th, 9:53 am

Store?

curiousecat said:

May 29th, 11:05 am

Hmm Virtual 7.1 Surround sound..Will this work on a PC as well? Hey if Were going pay the 100 bucks we will want to be able clear the clutter to. Do they also have an an Effect setting?

Cecil4153 said:

May 29th, 11:24 am

I might consider getting a set later on down the road, I dont like how big they are bigger is not always better. The headphones are not bluetooth, every other item for the PS3 is bluetooth why make this any diffirent?

MrZoobat said:

May 29th, 11:25 am

I really hope the store is back up soon. Hopefully by the 31st, and if not then hopefully at least for the release of Infamous 2 and E3. If not that… well then hopefully its AT LEAST back up for the Uncharted 3 beta.

… wait, do you need the store to play the Uncharted 3 beta? Or does it play directly off Infamous 2 with no store
download needed?

SGTNARD said:

May 29th, 12:25 pm

Wireless? No thanks, PX21 don’t die after a few hrs and have to be recharged…..

Frankeinstien said:

May 29th, 3:18 pm

Do they use batteries that you have to buy from a department stores (AAA or AA batteries) or charge with the USB port like the controllers?

dazzlinggirl said:

May 29th, 4:26 pm

I wish it had blue tooth or else I would’ve got it

ArchAngelMai said:

May 29th, 5:45 pm

I don’t do a lot of online gaming, so will this work for my PC as well or PSP for listening to music on the Go?Sounds like it has a USB connector, does this mean it can be plugged in as well while using it? Fantastic price and I wonder if it’s rechargeable batteries for the headphones, and how long is the life, approximately? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

TheBlackPigeon said:

May 29th, 7:43 pm

Since I assume that it’s going to be using radio frequency for it’s wireless capabilities, I’m hoping that it will output a frequency high enough to prevent interference with other RF compliant devices that you might be using (ex: Phones, Routers). One thing that annoys me about the Turtle Beach 2.4ghz wireless headset I have is that the audio tends to ‘pop’ or drop out at certain intervals as a result of the aforementioned interference. I’ve got my fingers crosses that this won’t be an issue with what you’re offering.

renzxie28 said:

May 29th, 9:03 pm

wow that would be a big help not to get knifed when sniping LOL

MechDruid said:

May 29th, 9:37 pm

Let’s talk battery life tho will it need constant charge like the current mic

MechDruid said:

May 29th, 9:40 pm

And my ps3 only has two UBS ports soo it would be better if it had Bluetooth option i have the 320gb one

del212111 said:

May 29th, 10:58 pm

Looks uncomfortable… I’m just gonna keep using the Xtatic headset for my PS3 that I own

raulsmagic said:

May 29th, 11:02 pm

Do you have a random guess on how long the wireless battery will last? either way Im still going to buy these!

BENT-LIFE said:

May 29th, 11:56 pm

Awesome! I can’t wait. Wish it was sooner. But at least this way it gives me time to save.

PAGE 1 12 13 14 15 16