PlayStation VR

May 29

May 29

PlayStation Fans: Watch E3 Online Right Here

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Last year, we invited three hundred fans into our press conference. This year, we’re shooting for a million.

You’ve been requesting it, so for the first time, we’ll be broadcasting the entirety of the PlayStation press conference directly into this Blog. Additionally, we’re setting up a mini-studio in the PlayStation booth, and we’ll be bringing in developers while the show floor is open for interviews, live demos and to answer your questions via a built-in chat module. It all starts right here on June 6th.

Kaz Hirai, Chairman and Group Chief Executive Officer of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.

UPDATE: We’ve got several hundred more entries than we’ve got spots open, so we’re cutting off the entries now. We’ll grade the papers over the next few days and contact winners by email. Thanks for entering!

Since this is an LA event, we’d still like to do something for some of our Southern California fans. Because our press conference is already at capacity, we unfortunately won’t be able to get anyone into building (again, everyone can watch the livestream right here). However, we were able to secure over one hundred 3-day passes to the E3 Expo, where attendees can visit our booth and go hands-on with NGP and our stellar PS3 lineup as a guest of PlayStation.

We want to make sure only the biggest local PlayStation fans get in, so instead of having folks queue up in the unpredictable Spring weather (as has been the case in past years), we’ve created a web quiz you can take from the comfort of [wherever you are sitting].

Here are a few things to note:

• E3 takes place from June 7-9th at the Los Angeles Convention Center, so you’ll obviously need to be in SoCal during that time to attend. Don’t bother taking the quiz if you won’t be there!
  • You must be 18 or older to attend E3 – that’s their rule! Your ID will be checked when you go to pick up your badge, so if you’re under 18… don’t bother taking the quiz!
  • E3 badges are non-transferable, so if you’re not sure if you’re going to be able to attend… don’t bother taking the quiz!
  • The information we’re asking for (name & email address only) is required for all attendees by the ESA, who run the E3 Expo. We won’t ask for any additional info!
  • We’ll grade quizzes and select winners by late next week, and contact winners via email with information on how to pick up your passes.

Good luck!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 13 14 15

fAc3b0oKfReAk18 said:

May 30th, 7:46 pm

Jeff Rubenstein
“When we have a 100% locked in uptime for the store, we’ll tell you. Really, honestly, there’s not much else to say, is there?”- jeff rubenstein
can you explain me a little bit about this or this is the excuse?
can u please give me a specific date for the store to be up? please that would be nice of you!! :)

Female-TLr-Rider said:

May 30th, 7:54 pm

Ugh watch them say that the PS store is up tomorrow and when you go and check it it says “HaHa we tricked you” written. :l This isn’t cool. They bring the psn home back and yet they can’t bring back the most important thing. Ugh its like their waiting for us to get ride of our ps3’s just to release it so we have to buy it back. But by the time the store is up everything would be outdated and everyone would be mad again. This is getting boring sony just bring us the store so we can continue with out lives (US and YOU). Heck might as well just release a freaking update saying you can’t do the time or say you WILL HAVE A ACTUAL DAY it comes out. UGH… again… Sony bring us the store or you might as well get a better team to work for sony cause this is majorly lame.

Saber02 said:

May 30th, 8:11 pm

lol, well if we sell our ps3’s than we might have enough for down payment on the ps4, thats probably what they’re thinking

snakeauthority said:

May 30th, 8:32 pm

lol the 250GB PS3 is only worth $100 at Gamestop.

Saber02 said:

May 30th, 8:35 pm

ok ok, enough for a poster of the ps4

Saber02 said:

May 30th, 8:37 pm

is it me, or is it funny that the 1st gen 60 gig models still sell for more than the new models

X4_MOB said:

May 30th, 8:57 pm

when will playstation store be back online all i want is an official date so i have something to look forward to….

Gpz1100 said:

May 30th, 8:59 pm

Just announced, THE END OF THE WEEK! LMAO

pdt826 said:

May 30th, 9:03 pm

It’s June 1st in Japan, any news?

legendary_mantis said:

May 30th, 9:30 pm

Aw man, I hope I can watch it on my PSP! And hopefully my school doesnt have the blog blocked!
It sucks that E3 is on during a school day for me this year. Will the stream be recorded for people who cant make it to watch it live? Because I havent missed an E3 since I was 8! (so 8 years of seeing E3!)

Boobnoob69 said:

May 30th, 9:30 pm

I’m sorry, but this is getting extremely old. Most of your fans keep asking about the store, but you won’t even give us an OFFICIAL update on when it’s going to work again. I’m really starting to loose my faith Sony. Fix the store, or at least give us an update. I’m almost ready to sell my PS3 if this continues.

Boobnoob69 said:

May 30th, 9:33 pm

I’m taking that last comment back, they updated while I was complaining, lol. *puts foot in mouth*

TerminaMorte said:

May 30th, 9:53 pm

“End of the week” becomes “End of next month”. WTF is up with this company.

swordzmanp236 said:

May 30th, 10:26 pm

Look, here’s why all the store jazz relates to Sony’s E3, for those confused:

You’re a big gaming manufacturer. You want to make this gigantonormous presentation about your stuff, and have people say “WOW, that is so full of win! I’m buyin’ it NOW!” But your primary commerce system just got whacked by the biggest hack of the 2010’s so far. You’re red-faced from it already, and to make things worse, the media is plastering you; people in power are at your throats, and your user base might just want to bleed you dry with all manner of legal action over this wreck. Yet you have to get people to buy that stuff you sell. The big question is, how is the audience going to buy stuff when they have naught to buy it through?

Senjutsu_Dav said:

May 30th, 11:58 pm

Would be really nice to have a PS3 app to watch it live on TV instead of the computer!! =D (like renting the movie named “E3 Live Show” would let you watch the feed live on the TV from the store!!)

stef_bone said:

May 31st, 3:48 am

I’ve always been so pumped for E3, I would always watch it on G4 but now I’ll watch the Sony Press Conference on the blog this time! Soooooo excited!!

Ztodafeezy said:

May 31st, 5:33 am

e3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ztodafeezy said:

May 31st, 5:39 am

Dear, Sony. If you aren’t giving the store to us soon i’ll turn my back on you to play Xbox 360.

QUICKSILV3R_com said:

May 31st, 7:29 am

Bandwidth!

Ryuuzaki said:

May 31st, 8:21 am

Is there going to be a Playstation Blog meet up at E3 this year?

divinasdaemon said:

May 31st, 10:26 am

Wow I scrolled the first page of comments and Mr. Rubenstein has interjected comments all over the place. But if you go look at the pages where we the consumer are pissed about the PS store, not comment one from him. Gee I wonder what’s more important to Sony? E3 or getting our services back. Well I think the proof is in the pudding. He has all this time to comment on E3 but doesn’t try to soothe the bitter people who just want to spend their money on this sub par system.

BalramRules said:

May 31st, 11:10 am

SONY E3 FTW!!
are they doing this 4 da european psn blog az well??? ://

mcbuttz78 said:

May 31st, 4:43 pm

@720 . yes. thers blog meet up its full . thats why they are doing a live tele cast right here on the blog. also they are having a contest for folks in La to win a ticket or two.

Heavenly_king said:

May 31st, 5:24 pm

How about a countdown for the Sony E3 conference here in the blog?

StratoForce said:

June 4th, 8:59 pm

Jeff where is the link to the quiz!?!? You know to atleast try and get into E3?!?!??!?!!?!!?

the_hulk-ungrey said:

June 5th, 3:49 pm

what time is going to start :)

NinjaNabs said:

June 5th, 6:27 pm

at least tell us the time for this -.- .

apo098 said:

June 5th, 9:30 pm

I took the quiz and I received an email verifying that I won! This is a dream come true! I really hope this is real! Can anyone verify this?

KingRat2314 said:

June 6th, 5:27 am

Sony’s conference is at 8 PM EST, 5 PM PST. And it really wasn’t that hard to find, just a quick google search. If you have a different time zone, just search for a time zone converter.

divwilliamson87 said:

June 6th, 6:01 am

wanting it in playstation home could be one of the saddest things I have ever heard and a waste of time for Sony, just give us a link on the ‘whats new’ that way can just stream it and not having to have pshome open

Joe25ny said:

June 6th, 8:15 am

http://www.justin.tv/nukem_rips#/w/1297798000/9 E3 2011 LIVE! Press Conferences + GAME GIVEAWAY! Type !Topic in chat for More Info.

DJ_SIGMA said:

June 6th, 8:16 am

If you are the best in the world sony 8)

Barrage15 said:

June 6th, 9:39 am

When is Sony Conference And At What Time. And I Wish that Sony Can Make a update so we can play some of our ps2 games on ps3 like Lord Of The Rings, Dragonballz, and more

doodooshorts said:

June 6th, 11:37 am

Its almost time!!!!

staticgears said:

June 6th, 1:43 pm

I’ll be watching!, starts at 5pm?

StratoForce said:

June 6th, 4:44 pm

WHERE WAS THE LINK TO THE QUIZ???

HughJackmanfan said:

June 6th, 5:04 pm

where can I watch the live from stream via internet?

Bolikos3 said: