Knack 2

Jun 06

Jun 06

PS3 System Software Update (v3.65)

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Earlier tonight we released an optional system software update (v3.65) for PlayStation 3. This new firmware improves the operating stability of some PS3 format software, and changes the XMB item SaveData Utility (minis) to [SaveData Utility(minis/PSP)].

Again, this update is optional, and can be downloaded by selecting System Update from the Setting column of the XMB.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9

Elias99zz said:

June 6th, 10:34 pm

This will be good…….

Rotsujin said:

June 6th, 10:34 pm

I’ve always used private text chat lobbies cross game, and they work really well, but it’s understandable that people want voice as well. A party system is not a trivial thing to add to the OS, though. Xbox didn’t have it either until the major OS revision in 2008.

FAB426 said:

June 6th, 10:35 pm

hell yeah !!!

JohnRKlein said:

June 6th, 10:36 pm

I was so looking forward to a nice PS3 firmware update this E3.. But then we get slapped in the face with Vita having all the social features us PS3 owners have been asking for and we get an “Optional” update that nobody will notice improved anything..

I’ve copied Mini Game Saves to/from my PSP many times without any issues before this update..

TonyQ09 said:

June 6th, 10:39 pm

Give us cross gaming chat already.

AiRMaX213 said:

June 6th, 10:40 pm

give us the ability to listen to music from the xmb while we play a game..dont care about cross game chat… that ruins games anyways!

RabidFace said:

June 6th, 10:40 pm

Reason I was going to post is because, this is NOT an optional update, but someone beat me to it ;) But, the optional updates in the past don’t make you install it before signing in the the PSN. The couple that have been “optional”, I didn’t even know of it till I came on the website or just happened to see if there was an update by going to “System Update”.

And as for “Cross-Game” voice chat, I don’t want it. Or any other voice chat besides “In-Game”. It would screw up all online games from this point on. You will get the people who play the same game, different teams or not, and always be calling people out. Yes, this can be done over the phone etc, but would make it too easy for people to do this. There is probably a reason Sony hasn’t done this yet. Want to keep online gaming as legit as possible. You can’t talk while you are dead for a reason.

I got what I wanted a couple years back, and that was “In-Game XMB”, I have been happy ever since :) Nothing else I would add to the PSN. Except maybe being able to use the browser while in-game ;) *hint hint*

RecklessCracka69 said:

June 6th, 10:41 pm

@Death8u4u No I like to have fun while I play my games.

And I don’t think I could bring myself to sell my PS3 I was extremely pissed when I said that lol.

It isnt hard to talk and play the game at the same time.

I want it
you don’t
I will use it
You won’t

So what is your problem?

reaper9070 said:

June 6th, 10:43 pm

please bring in cross game chat <333 pleaseee

M4rin3R101 said:

June 6th, 10:44 pm

Also at those who want it all(with Xbox live ) good luck i hope you have the money because as much as i do i would rather go PC then Live.

One reason is the shi77y system. It is supposed to be next gen and somehow i think Bill Gates is too old to be behind the wheel, he can barely let go of DVD type media. and Just because Sony if apart of BDA and has a say so to Blu-ray doesn’t mean Microsoft can’t take a hit financially to buy a license for so called “Gamers.” He seems to jsut want to get richer. IMHO

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 10:45 pm

i thought bill gates retired?

Death8u4u said:

June 6th, 10:45 pm

I’ll get stuck in a match with you while you’re distracted talking to Bob while he plays Little Big Planet. Our team will end up playing at a handicap because you’re too focused on talking to your buddy about the weather.

When you’re playing a game you should be FOCUSED on said game. Not simply causing problems while you talk to other people about matters that don’t concern the matter at hand.

MPrah said:

June 6th, 10:45 pm

Well reading the comments most Have you already said it This was NOT “Earlier tonight we released an optional system software update (v3.65) for PlayStation 3.”……. If it was optional I could have logged in with out updating. Sounds a lot like how you used optional update for removing the Other OS…. ie. you don’t have to update but if you don’t you are off the network.

Rotsujin said:

June 6th, 10:45 pm

Also keep in mind that not all developers are on board with universal cross game chat.
MW2 came out on 360 with cross game chat disabled in some modes to prevent cheating.

DE4THS_BEST_FRND said:

June 6th, 10:45 pm

Cross game chat is usless … HOw about hearing muisic while in-game?

XxIsTrYkDeAtHxX said:

June 6th, 10:46 pm

the one thing my clan buddys and i have always been able to agree on, Cross Game Chat is a must at times. i haven’t much time to sit and send a message or text chat when im being fired upon.

Death8u4u said:

June 6th, 10:46 pm

Boondox, he did. He also has never had anything at all to do with the Xbox.

AZTECA-WARRIOR1_ said:

June 6th, 10:47 pm

Key Word OPTIONAL It Really Doesnt Leave You Any OPTION If You Cant Log In If You Dont Install It Now Does It……..

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 10:48 pm

Good. I dont like Bill lol

AJC3317 said:

June 6th, 10:48 pm

first off this is NOT optional. u cannot sign in without updating.
second, how about fixing the friends list so that it’s back in alphabetical order

Heisem said:

June 6th, 10:48 pm

apparently it’s optional because you can choose to not download it and hence not to play online

Ultimate_Tyrant said:

June 6th, 10:48 pm

@MPrah
agree with you, im kind of scary to update now

DarkTwinkie said:

June 6th, 10:48 pm

@ Death8u4u

Who the hell said you had to use this future? Jeez.

Joseph_5673 said:

June 6th, 10:48 pm

It’s not optional. I’m downloading it right now, because it doesn’t let me play online until I download the new version.

DarkTwinkie said:

June 6th, 10:49 pm

As far as I know Reckless is ALLOWED to state his own opinion. Freedom of Speech.

It-s_Me_Snitches said:

June 6th, 10:49 pm

this is not an optional update it made me download it and now i cant even down load it or even sign in 2 playstation network sony whats up with this i need yall help on this matter

XxIsTrYkDeAtHxX said:

June 6th, 10:50 pm

@ Death8u4u

so youre going to tell me youve NEVER, had a conversation with a friend about anything other than the game while playing the game? highly unlikely. dont be a hypocrite to prove a point.

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 10:51 pm

twice now its gotten to 30% downloaded and came back with errors

blackgndrf said:

June 6th, 10:51 pm

paypalllll please for the store

leukoplast said:

June 6th, 10:51 pm

I would hardly call this update optional since it is required to sign in.

HemiSync101 said:

June 6th, 10:52 pm

heh, heh, Optional? I guess the options must have been:
A.) Update and use your PS3
B. DON’T

And on a completely different note…
I am not much of an in-game chatter, but Sony, think of how much blog space you guys would save if you just gave these folks cross gaming chat. I mean, Really, every time there is an update all you see is this one request over and over again. Please give them what they want and maybe they will cease asking.

b1gm1ne01 said:

June 6th, 10:53 pm

omg man im tired of people wanting cross game chat like seriously go to the xbox me or sony could care less if they lose a few customers over a [DELETED] feature and anyway cross game chat is never coming to ps3 anyway its already confirmed to be on the NGP so just [DELETED]

Death8u4u said:

June 6th, 10:53 pm

XxIsTrYkDeAtHxX, I only ever talk to people that are in the exact same match as I am. I tend to use Skype simply because it has far better call quality and allows me to simply shut off voice chat in-game, so technically speaking a friend may still be connecting to a match and I’ll already be talking to them.

Will we talk about random things sometimes? Sure. Will we ever talk about the game we’re playing and what’s going on? More often than not. Will anyone using cross game chat be discussing matters of the game? No.

DarkTwinkie said:

June 6th, 10:53 pm

@HemiSync101

Thumbs up to ya.

RecklessCracka69 said:

June 6th, 10:54 pm

@ Death8u4u I can focus while talking to people I do it all the time and have no problems.

Ultimate_Tyrant said:

June 6th, 10:55 pm

@ 79
true, i personally wouldnt use in game chat, but i understand that some ppl would. and specially after all that sony has made to us users, they should at least make their image look a little better by actually giving something they got asked for

TheRazor375 said:

June 6th, 10:55 pm

Lets hope this update fixed old PS3’s red light of death while playing certain games (L.A. Noire anyone?) and I know my unit was not overheating. System worked great before last update! Sony I know you don’t want anymore bad publicity but trying to charge me 150 for something clearly your fault is just wrong. I knew an update was rolling soon.

bigdaddykraven said:

June 6th, 10:55 pm

Was hoping they’d announce “Party” was going to be on PS3 as well as the new handheld.

Oh Well, Infamous tomorrow!

coto24 said:

June 6th, 10:55 pm

i want cross game chat

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 10:55 pm

ok 3 times now

DarkTwinkie said:

June 6th, 10:56 pm

@Death8u4u

Why have the complication of having a computer and using Skype, when you could simply click your home button and start a chat with friend(s). Not everyone in this world has a computer.

morfika123 said:

June 6th, 10:56 pm

Srill waiting for the magical DivxHD support :)

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 10:56 pm

hmm no problems with LA Noire on my end

AdamHype said:

June 6th, 10:57 pm

Sadly, I thought this fixes the Playstation Home New item received system freeze…but it does not… :( hurry up and fix that issue!!!

Death8u4u said:

June 6th, 10:57 pm

Sure you can Reckless. Fact of the matter is that not everyone can and most won’t. Why would Sony want to create a massive issue by solving a minor one exactly? They aren’t going to sell extra consoles because of it.

DIGGY305 said:

June 6th, 10:57 pm

Can anybody Please Help me with the PS Home Bug, Every time I get a new reward it freezes my PS3

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 10:57 pm

not everyone has a computer in their home? seriously? i thought they did. my 9 year old nephew has one and also my 2 year old nephew knows how to use an ipad for his books and some games

Rotsujin said:

June 6th, 10:58 pm

@63 The system supports music playback, but it’s up to the developers to implement it.

It’s really something you should bug publishers about if you want to see it in games.

aais478 said:

June 6th, 10:58 pm

Wow every other comment i read is wanting cross game chat, C’mon Sony saying you care about users and then not giving f@#K here, WTF?

Death8u4u said:

June 6th, 10:58 pm

DarkTwinkie you do no need a computer to use Skype.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9