PlayStation VR

Jun 06

Jun 06

PS3 System Software Update (v3.65)

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Earlier tonight we released an optional system software update (v3.65) for PlayStation 3. This new firmware improves the operating stability of some PS3 format software, and changes the XMB item SaveData Utility (minis) to [SaveData Utility(minis/PSP)].

Again, this update is optional, and can be downloaded by selecting System Update from the Setting column of the XMB.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9

Profane-lite said:

June 6th, 11:18 pm

Erg…as I was saying, I also have a 1yr membership to PS+. I own 17 PS3 disc games and about a half dozen or more downloadables, a dozen or two of add-on content, avatars, themes, etc. I spend a stupid amount of money on Sony products. Stop annoying me with this garbage Stop going after modders, all it does is encourage them to mod more and to attack. How many times have you guys been hacked now? Four times?

I have NO goodwill left. In fact, as soon as I put together some cash, I’m going for that awesome Microsoft offer: buy a Windows laptop/desktop, get a free xbox. *spits again*

Nice that you’ve brought the PSN back online. Now if you can get rid of the gitches and network errors, that’d be welcome. AND STOP JERKING AROUND YOUR CUSTOMERS!

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 11:18 pm

ok it finally worked

terrasnet said:

June 6th, 11:19 pm

when vita are in stores, i back to say all days were is cross chat in ps3

popZgloc said:

June 6th, 11:19 pm

You guys/gals think this will fix my l.a noire freeze issue? I have the launch 120 slim no problems any other game…

DarkTwinkie said:

June 6th, 11:19 pm

@Everyone with the update errors.

I just gave up on my 17th try.
Red Dead Redemption Single Player here I come…

Diem7575 said:

June 6th, 11:19 pm

OMG mine is on 40 perent now…….XD

Death8u4u said:

June 6th, 11:20 pm

Profane-lite, you’re bragging about have a miniscule amount of games…no offense. I’ve got more games for my Gameboy than you have for your entire PS3 console. I also have nearly 100 disc based games and probably around 30 downloaded games for the PS3 alone, nevermind the hundreds I have for both their previous consoles and the few I’ve got on the PSP.

Just saying.

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 11:20 pm

red dead is awesome. and i have LA Noire and no problems. hope it stays that way lol

zfredo90 said:

June 6th, 11:21 pm

Nothing Usefull they just keep giving us poop and more poop

God-Of-Lyf said:

June 6th, 11:21 pm

Sorry, but i doubt cross game chat comes until the very last ditch effort by SONY. and by then everyone will be reading about PS4 or whatever and could care less at that point…!

Death8u4u said:

June 6th, 11:21 pm

popZgloc, that is an issue that both Rockstar and Sony are looking into. Last I heard they haven’t gotten any leads yet. You may just want to put the game aside for awhile until they fix things for you.

OCxViRuXz said:

June 6th, 11:21 pm

@ darktwinkie… turn off the system with a hard reboot den turn it back on n start re-downloading it… its what i had to do n i was able to download da new patch

Unleash619 said:

June 6th, 11:21 pm

Alright Cool But Ya’ll Should Make Cross Game Chat

painterkilla said:

June 6th, 11:22 pm

I dunno if this has already been said, but Cross-Game Chat could come when the new headset comes out (with the 3.70 update)

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 11:22 pm

skyrims facebook page has a link to some walkthroughs if anyone is interested

octus said:

June 6th, 11:22 pm

mine had no problems with the update. im on a slim model if you wanna compare notes.

OCxViRuXz said:

June 6th, 11:24 pm

@octus… I have the 160 slim n had problems with downloading the new update… Doing a hard re-boot solved the problem

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 11:24 pm

mine was the 250GB slim but it installed after 6 times with errors. im good now

XxFatal_EventxX said:

June 6th, 11:24 pm

They can’t just annouce cross game chat on a handheld and then not add it to the ps3

KoruptDawg said:

June 6th, 11:24 pm

@ Death8u4u Ever think people could/would use cross game chat for something OTHER than in-game? It would be great for single-player, using the web browser, or even listening to music. (should you wish it). Numorous times I’ve actually wanted to listen to music and use the web browser while in a chat room. But alas I can’t. THOSE are the reasons I want cross game chat, and I bet many would agree.

DarkTwinkie said:

June 6th, 11:25 pm

@OCxViRuXz

I’ve done everything.
Trust me.
No biggie, I’ll just give it a try tomorrow morning.

Diem7575 said:

June 6th, 11:25 pm

hey boondox30

request me….and any1 who plays COD…also request me XD

KoRnX18 said:

June 6th, 11:26 pm

@ painterkilla

yeah i did but everybody else is busy fighting…. woot woot hell yeah skyrim!!!!

Death8u4u said:

June 6th, 11:26 pm

I think everyone is taking this “It only does everything” comment a bit too far. Sony never said “It does everything all at once”.

Diem7575 said:

June 6th, 11:26 pm

OMG

Now it has to install!

UGH!

OCxViRuXz said:

June 6th, 11:28 pm

@darktwinkie… 2 things will help it work… hold down ur power button on the ps3 till it shuts off wait 10sec. den turn on if it still dosent work unplug ur internet modem for 10sec. let that repower back up den try…

Diem7575 said:

June 6th, 11:29 pm

HELP ME

Which should i buy MW3 or Skyrim

Death8u4u said:

June 6th, 11:29 pm

DIem7575, installing is the easy part. The content is already on your PS3 at that point, installing goes far faster and should not have any issues as it no longer requires a internet connection.

OCxViRuXz said:

June 6th, 11:29 pm

anyways ppl add me for COD or just add me for the heck of it lol

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 11:30 pm

skyrim is over 300 hours long. woot woot

OmegaJirachi said:

June 6th, 11:31 pm

Well, I’d like an update that lets you organize your downloaded games by title, but that’s just me.

Diem7575 said:

June 6th, 11:31 pm

@ Death8u4u

Thx!

KoRnX18 said:

June 6th, 11:31 pm

@ Diem7575

get both if you can but i would get skyrim 300 hrs of gameplay woot woot!!!

OCxViRuXz said:

June 6th, 11:31 pm

@diem7575… i would go for mw3… im a fan of both fps n rpgs… but I would def. go with mw3 :)

Ultimate_Tyrant said:

June 6th, 11:34 pm

has any1 succesfully download and install????

OCxViRuXz said:

June 6th, 11:35 pm

@ultimate_tyrant… if ur having problems try a hard reboot

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 11:36 pm

when i look at games i look at gameplay, length of game and fun factor. i already have both mw3 and skyrim pre-ordered and paid for. all honesty, skyrim will get more play time due to it has all 3 i love about games.

Ultimate_Tyrant said:

June 6th, 11:38 pm

well believe it or not my tv kind of die like 1 hour ago, and i cant see anything >.< but i would like to know if theres any "special note" about this update, i guess ill have to wait until they put it on this blog or something

Spursfann said:

June 6th, 11:38 pm

to haters of CGC on ps3 i ask u this…….why? why do u think it would be a bad idea to have cross game chat i love it on my 360. i am no fanboy i play games on both systems but ps3.. i never find myself playing with friends because cross gamechat isnt there. You dont feel as connected to the PS3 community. And PS Home is a utter waist of time. Cross game chat connects people because its on the console thats the whole point. I also have another question. Why does everyone assume people have skype (owned by microsoft) . Not all gamers have the luxury to have both a computer and PS3 next to each other. bottom line is MANY people have asked for it for years so give the people what they want.

Tripzter08 said:

June 6th, 11:39 pm

where’s the cross game chat? sony lied to us again…..WOW!!!!

SwiiFt_NightMaRe said:

June 6th, 11:39 pm

boondox30 said:

June 6th, 11:41 pm

E3 isnt over guys just beginning. after E3 is over and no cgc we will complain then lol

maxwelleinsteinT said:

June 6th, 11:41 pm

i feel like game installs got a lil faster?

RavageX said:

June 6th, 11:42 pm

At this point people yelling for cross game chat is the same as people yelling for freebird at every concert they go to. It’s just annoyingly stupid.

gekko1986 said:

June 6th, 11:42 pm

There needs to be an option to disable trophy notifications. It is absurd that this isn’t available as they can be very distracting/annoying in some games. I don’t even want to think about them popping up during ICO.

OCxViRuXz said:

June 6th, 11:43 pm

stop ur crying over cross game chat… if u really want it that badly n at this moment then get an xbox ppl… stop acting like a 2yr old will ya?! hell my cross game chat is my cell phone lol,.. every cell phone plan now is unlimited so stop CRYING over something thats fixable LIKE GETTING N XBOX N FINALLY SHUTTING UP…

saiyanknight87 said:

June 6th, 11:46 pm

Sony you all are fools i can’t believe that you neglect what you consumers want after this PSN down fiasco what the hell is the deal why does it take nearly almost 3 years for a simple cross game chat system to be implented if it’s a legal thing let your consumers know instead of many of them hoping for something that we constantly get let down for smh. some of you people are sheeple saying well atleast we got games the PS3 is suppose to be the the most powerful system on the market and it can’t do a simple ol feature someone is lying lazy or just plain ignorant of what the PSN users want.

maxwelleinsteinT said:

June 6th, 11:47 pm

last two comments were thoughtful now lets have some DOLCE VITA!

blakseed said:

June 6th, 11:47 pm

I wonder how many people will use cross game chat when they finally get it, I have a 360 and I barley use it myself.

ST3ALTHY said:

June 6th, 11:49 pm

WE NEED IN GAME VOICE/CROSS GAME CHAT! Build a party system while in game SONY!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9