Marvel's Spider-Man

Jun 27

Jun 27

Introducing: New PSP Dual Packs Available for $15 This Week

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar Posted by Brand Marketing Manager, Hardware

PSP DualPack: Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow and Killzone Liberation

PSP DualPack: Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror and SOCOM: Fireteam BravoPSP DualPack: Secret Agent Clank and Daxter

Hi everyone! This summer, we know you’ll be looking for ways to spend all of those lazy days. With an awesome selection of titles in the both “Greatest Hits” and “Favorites” collections, there’ll be no shortage of entertainment on-the-go. We’re always looking for ways to add value to your PSP experience and today, we’re very excited to announce the new PSP “Dual Pack” software line, which features two PSP games from our most popular franchises in one package for only $14.99 (MSRP). YES, just $14.99!

Starting this week, you can buy Dual Packs with Secret Agent Clank and Daxter; Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow and Killzone Liberation; and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo. These PSP Dual Packs will be available at retailers nationwide and on the PlayStation Store in downloadable form.

Which ones are you interested in picking up? Let us know in the comments… and enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Sharingan_itachi said:

June 27th, 8:04 am

$15? I should get one R&C and Daxter pack.

Rival_31 said:

June 27th, 8:10 am

Maybe I’ll get it on the PSN. UMD won’t carry on to the PSV. So hopefully if I get it from PSN then I can play it on the PSV when it comes out.

Nithorias said:

June 27th, 8:12 am

@1 totally, I want that dual pack too lol, btw Killzone Liberation + Resistance Retribution would have been a better package in my honest opinion, but still I like this idea and for 15 bucks is a steal lol

tiny_tim31 said:

June 27th, 8:13 am

GET EM ALL

Seeing_Red_Again said:

June 27th, 8:13 am

I’ll get some of those on PSN for when I get a PSVita

InfinityAbsolute said:

June 27th, 8:14 am

danm..TEMPTATION!!!!!!!!

exterminator_123 said:

June 27th, 8:17 am

since ps vita in the way psp gonna go low in selling …lol

kawbkilla187 said:

June 27th, 8:19 am

daxter…… but i wont be buying any of these even though theyre all great deals

i wont be buying cause i know therres gonna be a collection that has daxter in there with dual analog controls, bumped up graphics and trophies…. til then it’ll be nice daydreaming

also @3 they should just do a resistance retribution remake for ps3 and vita

HeavenlySnipesx said:

June 27th, 8:24 am

Why not release all these game on PSN? (As dual packs of course) The VITA can play all dowloadable PSP games so people buying loads of these over PSn will give them more to play on the PSV’s launch

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar

Crystal MacKenzie said:

June 28th, 11:04 am

Hi HeavenlySnipesx- these games will be available on the PSN as Dual Packs for $14.99 as well as in stores as UMDs.

DZORMAGEN said:

June 27th, 8:24 am

This is really great, but I don’t see why I would buy UMD over DIGITAL if I will buy the PS Vita on Day 1.

Alias03 said:

June 27th, 8:24 am

@ 2

Not trying to be a jerk but it’s PSVita not PSV. PSV sounds like your trying to say PS3 with a French accent. ; )

Dodo-al-jaddi said:

June 27th, 8:25 am

I’m getting the Daxter one. But is this a limited offer or is it here to stay? I uess from the context it’s not time limited.

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar

Crystal MacKenzie said:

June 28th, 11:05 am

They are here to stay. Happy to hear you’re getting the Daxter/Secret Agent Clank Dual Pack, those are two of my favorite games!

deadskies said:

June 27th, 8:25 am

@ kawbkilla. You don’t pay attention do you? There isn’t going to be a collection, the Vita will play old PSP games like that out of the box and if you don’t have them then you’re S.O.L. And they don’t need to do a Retribution remake, the Vita WILL play it and cross-platform ensures it will eventually be for PS3 too.

THIS is the biggest reason I hate casuals, they never know what the hell they’re talking about, and since they’ve all but ruined the industry for real gamers, you’d think they’d have at least have the decency to actually pay attention to news since it’s all aimed at those losers anyway.

krae_man said:

June 27th, 8:30 am

I still need to finish Secret Agent Clank.

Conaaando said:

June 27th, 8:33 am

That’s awesome! I’m personally interested in Jeanne d’Arc (that RPG) and MotorStorm: Arctic Edge. :-)

RE_Player said:

June 27th, 8:35 am

I’ll probably buy the Daxter and Clank pack on PSN so I can transfer them to my PSV when it comes out :)

pjargon said:

June 27th, 8:36 am

PSP really needs valkyria chronicles 3, that’d be a day one purchase for a lot of people – even if it was just a digital release.

While the above titles are a good deal, they’re not new.

FORMIK said:

June 27th, 8:41 am

I’d go for a puzzle-based dual pack, since I know there’s plenty to choose from.

Resistance: Retribution won’t be included since it will have a renaissance once the Vita is released, being that it will take advantage of the dualshock controls already in the game.

@deadskies, no need to be so negative. The business needs consumers, no matter the type. The industry caters to whoever will be a part of it in order to make a profit and increase the consumer base. I can see why someone would think collections would be made, seeing that the PS3 is doing the same with PS2, older PS3, and even PSP games like God of War.

kivi95 said:

June 27th, 8:41 am

Are the dual packs releasing in Europe too? And will their be some digital versions?(mostly so i can play them on PSV)

dottyduke1 said:

June 27th, 8:41 am

If you guys put the two SyphonFilter games together I would buy it!

GeneralChaz9 said:

June 27th, 8:42 am

MIGHT pick up the SOCOM pack on PSN. Although I would rather get other PSP games digitally like Star Wars Battlefront Squadron titles(already have #2) and The Force Unleashed. Twisted Metal Head On too. Maybe LEGO Star Wars 2 could make it to PSN? :D

SlashZaku said:

June 27th, 8:42 am

Um, why didn’t they pack the 2 Spyhon Filter games together? It just seems odd to offer them both but not in the same pack.

BoxOfSnoo said:

June 27th, 8:43 am

I picked up Clank+Daxter here in Canada last week, I didn’t realize they were that new :) Killer deal.

dottyduke1 said:

June 27th, 8:43 am

I think this is a smart way to get 2 great games though! I got the Secret Agent Clank and Daxter one a couple days ago and I really like them!

azariaspice said:

June 27th, 8:44 am

Great deals! I have Daxter, so that pack, the only one I’d want, isn’t really worth getting to me. Ah well. I don’t use my PSP much anyways. Which sucks, cos I bought it recently to replace my phat one.

Lexaus1222 said:

June 27th, 8:46 am

Good idea, but slightly flawed execution. 1) These games have been out for ages. If someone hasn’t picked them up now, then I don’t see how this would sway their minds. 2) The game pairings are… odd. Why not
“Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters” and “Secret Agent Clank” as one bundle? Or “Jak and Daxter: Lost Frontier” and “Daxter” as another? Or even the 2 Syphon Filter games together? Anyway, I’ll check out the Clank and Daxter bundle as a DL for Vita BC.

korgon117 said:

June 27th, 8:50 am

Great idea and an even better price! Though I’m not interested in most of these on display, if you do a FFVII Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts BBS UMD bundle, my mind will be BLOWN lol.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

June 27th, 8:50 am

Will the price be reflected on PSN as well? Where is the ‘Favorites’ section on PSN for the U$9.99 games?

triple_lei said:

June 27th, 8:50 am

Can’t go wrong with WipEout Pure & WipEout Pulse.

Sure, one is objectively better (Pulse), but people always ask, and I always tell them to get both anyway…

perrandy said:

June 27th, 8:50 am

wow nice ideas but i’ll jump on board when you guys announce more third party games.in other words, rpgs and the like. but yeah this is a good way to send the psp off…

korgon117 said:

June 27th, 8:57 am

I do agree with some comments though, the Syphon Filter games should have been together as a bundle. But anyway again, PLEASE do a FFVII Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts BBS one! I can find Kingdom Hearts at stores but I can’t find FFVII Crisis Core anywhere!

TomHoang said:

June 27th, 8:58 am

Really weird that the two Syphon Filter games are not together, but this is still a great idea.

TheUndertaker85 said:

June 27th, 9:01 am

Gotta agree with some of the comments here. I’m really hoping you all find a way to add these deals to PSN and not just UMD based titles. Would be fantastic to see deals like these available for the Go and future PS Vita.

Xideo said:

June 27th, 9:02 am

If you guys have these on PSN, could we mix and match these titles and get any two for $15? I always wanted Daxter and I need to finish Dark Mirror but to pay $30 for two games I want and two I don’t want seems like a waste.

Bdawg1-5 said:

June 27th, 9:12 am

I would love a Patapon + LocoRoco package!

GTAMOBSTERX4 said:

June 27th, 9:12 am

Hey Sony, respond to this:

You say in the article that these packs will be on PSN, but will they be the same price?

Are you ever going to lower the price of the games in the PSN store? Why in the world are games like Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories $19.99 when you can get them new on UMD for $4.99?

Oh yeah, and I really appreciate the new article with Shuhei Yoshida where he admits the PSP go was a failure. Nice to see use PSP go users being supported.

Want to know why the PSP go failed? Cause the prices in the PSN store are ridiculous! We were promised competitively priced products and instead got 4X the cost prices. If anything, the PSN store should be cheaper being download and not wasting resources such as UMD and cases.

Also, WHERE IS THE PSP GAME INFECTED?

Between this and the fact that you can’t retrieve your gamesaves off your HDD after your PS3 dies, I don’t know how much more faith I have in this once loved brand.

ChaseHammerJ said:

June 27th, 9:18 am

little too late on the supporting of the psp….

Budapesti said:

June 27th, 9:21 am

For all those saying ‘I’ll get this deal on PSN’, I doubt this deal will make it onto the store. The whole point of this is that it’s a fire sale. UMD is a dead format, because it won’t be supported on Vita. That said, given that Vita is still at least 4-5 months away, this is a damn good deal for the Summer. If you’ve not played Syphon Filter, it’s probably worth getting both those packs because they’re easily the two best games in the series.

Budapesti said:

June 27th, 9:24 am

(Incidentally, I meant they’ll probably not be the same price on PSN. I know they’re going to be on the store!)

Detective-E said:

June 27th, 9:27 am

I wish Killzone and Socom were bundled instead.

EvoAnubis said:

June 27th, 9:29 am

@Budapesti: It says right in the article that these dual packs will also be available on the PS Store. Same price? Maybe so, maybe no, but I’d put money on ‘yes.’

pudgenet said:

June 27th, 9:32 am

Typically … I have exactly one game from each bundle already (Dark Mirror, Liberation, and Secret Agent).

VectorRaven said:

June 27th, 9:40 am

15 only? Whoa sweet deal

Aggie_CEO said:

June 27th, 9:43 am

Wish they would do this on PSN….I figure they wont tho because they are simply trying to get rid of UMD stock…..shame really….

LaNs-Aksh said:

June 27th, 9:44 am

No thank you dual pack.

Frejim said:

June 27th, 9:46 am

great!!!

Icestar10 said:

June 27th, 9:49 am

Are they also $15 dollars on the PSN too? If So, then I have to get it soon! :D I want to play them on my Vita when that comes out! :D

coryyumk said:

June 27th, 9:54 am

wow, pretty cool. i hope third parties start doing this also. i dont have a psp anymore but id be interested in buying some of the digital double packs for when vita releases if the right games were made available

JTStarkiller said:

June 27th, 9:55 am

@44 Aggie_CEO: It says right there towards the bottom that they’re available for the PSN as well.

PAGE 1 2 3