God of War

Jul 01

Jul 01

UPDATED: Public Service Announcement – Claim Your Free Games Now!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

UPDATE: The Welcome Back offer has been extended until 9am Pacific on Tuesday, July 5th. If you haven’t had a chance to download the offerings, please do so before then.

Welcome Back

Just a friendly reminder: Your complimentary Welcome Back games are waiting for you, but they won’t wait forever.

To welcome customers back after last month’s outage, we’ve made a selection of PS3 and PSP games, as well as a 30-day subscription to PlayStation Plus available for free download via our Welcome Back program. This offer expires on Sunday, July 3rd, so please make sure to claim what’s yours before then.

For more details on the Welcome Back program, please click here.

Now start downloading, and thanks for being a part of PlayStation Network!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10

SoraNeroSerrah said:

July 2nd, 7:37 am

I have a very serious question. I love sony and think your great but i don’t own a computer so i’m typing this from a friends. The ps3 i bought to use as my computer as well. Only almost all websites don’t work because of a far outdated flash player. Its so bad you cant even log into this site and leave comments. Isnt that kinda crazy to not even allow the ps3 to sign into a sony sight because our browser is so bad? any chance of ever at least adding a flash player ? its hard to even check email on ps3 browser. I am a sony guy so just an honest answer would be great thanks.

Shadowgamer25 said:

July 2nd, 8:02 am

Since this is my last day to get my second PSP game back, I REALLY need help with this problem – every time I go to account management, it says that the site is under maintenance! And, unfortunately, this happens on both the internet and when I click account management on Media Go. To make it worse, I DO NOT have a PS3 to do this, which I’ve heard is supposed to work. (By the way, how do you get the PS+ thing? I never saw it in the welcome back part of the store on Media Go or my PSP.)
Any help or advice would be appreciated at this point!

carlmcp213 said:

July 2nd, 8:46 am

HOW DO I CLAIM PS PLUS SUBSCRIPTION

Xx_Killer-xX_509 said:

July 2nd, 8:49 am

Whenever i try to get the Welcome Back Package it only has the theme and when i try to access it in services list promotionss thing deosn’t appear. What do i do……

TONY-Q said:

July 2nd, 8:53 am

@ Xx_Killer-xX_509

check ur download list, maybe its in there.

rjejr said:

July 2nd, 8:55 am

Thanks for posting this “warning?” with the links to the program.

leaf_22 said:

July 2nd, 9:03 am

Shibertron said:

July 2nd, 9:19 am

thanks for the free games and updates on the network!!

xXNeLsOn541Xx said:

July 2nd, 9:28 am

It took forever to download infamous hey didn’t Sony say that this would end in june 3rd or something.

Fre4king_Perf3ct said:

July 2nd, 10:12 am

its not working for me, i press the “Welcome Back” and its just show to me a free dynamic theme, and not the 2 games for free.., why ?

TONY-Q said:

July 2nd, 10:27 am

@goFre4king_Perf3ct

to your XMB>PlayStation Network>Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions to complete the process.

psmarchill said:

July 2nd, 11:45 am

I can not find the 2 free games anywhere and they are not downloadable in the store or in the account management section!!!!!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

July 2nd, 4:14 pm

It’s only for accounts that existed before 4/19 of this year.
    I’ve tried today with an older secondary account that I’ve got, and worked like a charm.

momdadtails said:

July 2nd, 11:48 am

yeah it a great offer but i did the process and all the games disappear!

nimrod_100 said:

July 2nd, 11:52 am

Whatever happened to identity theft protection for canadians has that become a lost thought now

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

July 2nd, 4:12 pm

I’m told by SCEC that it is indeed coming, you haven’t been forgotten.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

July 2nd, 4:13 pm

I’m told by SCEC that it is indeed coming, you haven’t been forgotten!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

July 2nd, 4:13 pm

double post ftw

Fredrique_H said:

July 2nd, 11:55 am

If the PS Plus expires July 3, what will happen to my uncharted 3 beta. Will I lose the data and my progression? Or can I continue until the beta expires which is July 13?

hdx514 said:

July 2nd, 1:10 pm

I’m having problem logging on to this site for some reason.

xTechnic_Genius said:

July 2nd, 1:57 pm

Lol just happy that PSN is back online ^^ and thanks for the welcome back program

hund2464 said:

July 2nd, 2:02 pm

Why can’t I wait and claim my free 30 days of play station plus? I have a date that I would like to use it but it seems as though I’ll have to buy it at that time.

robertmc8 said:

July 2nd, 2:32 pm

How do one check see how many days left on plus? I don’t remember when I sign up for plus last year? lol

Fre4king_Perf3ct said:

July 2nd, 2:58 pm

@TONY-Q
i’ll do all what u say too me, and when i go to Services List,
its writing to me: NO CONTENT WAS FOUND..
what can i do ?

chrismsilva said:

July 2nd, 3:42 pm

The first time i tried it didnt work, now i cant select them eother, plz help… i have ps plus but not the games didnt work both times

gabe101st said:

July 2nd, 4:33 pm

Thank you Sony. Way to step up.

Shadeslasher said:

July 2nd, 5:58 pm

what time on the 3th???

freewilddragon said:

July 2nd, 6:31 pm

Eh, the offers suck so no thank you…please get them expired already…. THANKS SONY you careless bastards.

TONY-Q said:

July 2nd, 7:03 pm

@Fre4king_Perf3ct
maybe check ur download list then. if its not there i dont know what else to tell u… sorry dude.

MasamuneNKX said:

July 2nd, 7:47 pm

Do you actually have to download the free games onto the system before the Welcome Back program ends to have completed the transaction and be able to download them again at a later date, or is having gone through just the process of “purchasing” them enough?

Crow_50 said:

July 2nd, 8:14 pm

LOL a couple of games worth ten bucks and you guys act like you won the lottery

Crow_50 said:

July 2nd, 8:26 pm

Of course SONY owes you something. If it wasn’t for the PS3 players SONY would be gone. How many TV or Stereos do they sell? Nothing at all compared to the money PS3 brings in

Treequil said:

July 2nd, 9:37 pm

So does this mean that the PS Store will update on the 3rd/4th? Or just that the folder will close?
I’m planning on getting something, but don’t want it to suddenly discount the day after or have something more interesting release…
And my PSN avatar is broken on the PlayStation websites, but works fine on the PS3 (it’s the “Prinny 2: Asagi” one)… :(
(Oh, and the offer was awesome. Getting four games with each game normally costing on average around 20$, equals very happy fans.)

Treequil said:

July 2nd, 10:06 pm

@Fredrique_H
They’re just closing the “Free month of PS+” button along with the rest of the “Welcome Back” promotion folder. Your free PS+ time is tied to your account, so if you activated the offer 5 days ago, you’ll still have another 25 days of PS+.
To check when it’ll expire, turn on your PS3, then
PlayStation®Network->Account Management->Transaction Management->Services List->PlayStation®Plus->PlayStation®Plus
… Sorry for sounding so robotic, accidentally closed the window when I was typing, so I’m basically summarizing myself…
And I think once your Plus expires, you’ll still have the freebies and files on your PS3, but you’ll be unable to access them until you reactivate your Plus (by buying more)… But I’m not 100% sure on this last part…

gena760 said:

July 2nd, 10:45 pm

Does that include the Play Station Plus free 30 day subscription? Anyone?

djspinshouse4u said:

July 2nd, 11:17 pm

Stupid says, “CROSS GAME CHAT”

Price-Tagged said:

July 2nd, 11:23 pm

I admit I have had my doubts and frustrations with Sony during the downtime, and a few days after, but you guys are the best so far.
I only wish that we could change PSN names somehow idc if it cost real money or not but it would be helpful.
Also, when will the “I forgot my password” work? its still under-construction and im locked out of my older account.

ModestGeek said:

July 2nd, 11:40 pm

Hey Sony. I appreciate the Welcome Back package. Loving the free offers!!

nathan98900 said:

July 3rd, 1:28 am

Hi guys,

I enjoyed the dead nation!!!!

emmi18176860 said:

July 3rd, 3:10 am

this WELCOME BACK PACK is awesome
I love INFAMOUS and LBP the most :)

EPIC-SHOOTER_DL_ said:

July 3rd, 8:21 am

PS3 we need a recording program that captures video game gameplay. As in a recording program that can capture something we need to post to youtube. Or something that we can show our friends. Copy and paste this into every comment section to let sony know what we ps3 gamers need. Its something xbox cant get and wont. please just create this program sony!

MadeByMonkeys said:

July 3rd, 8:55 am

Too bad Sony decided on a policy of screwing over those of us who bought a PS3 early in the outage and couldn’t play online for a month. My identity might not have been stolen but I still couldn’t use my product as advertised which was a considerable inconvenience. Shame on Sony for deciding that a minority of customers could be safely ignored.

Dougout78 said:

July 3rd, 9:19 am

I tried to log in today to take advantage of the free PSPlus and Second PS3 game, but it threw an error, then I restarted ps3 and welcome back isn’t an option anymore, but PSPlus specials for welcome back are… could we get an extension, or is there another way to collect today since it’s the last day?

Johnmark said:

July 3rd, 9:25 am

ive been busy i was hoping they would still be up for today but they are gone so i guess they were taken down the second it hit the 3rd instead of the 3rd being the last day they were on the store. kind of feel ripped off since i had all the games already

YUCAMAYOR69 said:

July 3rd, 9:31 am

I was waiting till’ the last day to activate PS+ and today is the last day and they already took it down, this is unbelievable Sony, you took it down as soon as possible didn’t ya, so I missed it then huh?! GREAT, so much for the 3rd of July being the last day!

Dreamwriter said:

July 3rd, 9:33 am

Yeah, sucks that the official FAQ says the Welcome Back program would be available *THROUGH* July 3 but they decided to ignore that and make it not available at all on July 3. But I guess that’s what we get for trying to wait until the last minute for the service to not be super busy.

YUCAMAYOR69 said:

July 3rd, 9:34 am

Q: How long do I have to get into the PlayStation Store and receive my content for Welcome Back?
A: Access to the Welcome Back content will be expiring on July 3. Once this date has PASSED, the Welcome Back section in the PlayStation Store will be removed.

LOL!

Airmo said:

July 3rd, 9:48 am

My cousin still can’t get online. He doesn’t have access to the email that his account was created under so he can’t do the password updating. He has called Sony twice but nothing has been resolved. Now he is going to miss the free game bonus do to this headache of a mess. :(

funfunfunfun said:

July 3rd, 9:58 am

All the online docs say through Sunday July 3rd. It’s till morning of Sunday July 3rd in North America (that’s where the promotion is live).

Very nice move, Sony. I feel so welcome.

eniomarquesjr said:

July 3rd, 9:59 am

it’s lame! The PSN plus offer was removed yesterday! I want it now!

Remmulak said:

July 3rd, 10:06 am

I read July 3rd as being the last day. This really was misleading.

Johnmark said:

July 3rd, 10:15 am

ya its a bit of an upset since i was trying to make room on my HDD but now they are gone so no chance anyways

hockey11 said:

July 3rd, 10:22 am

This is terrible. They knew people were waiting for the last day…

The worst part is that nobody is reading these complaints…

tripbear420 said:

July 3rd, 10:25 am

@jeff rubenstein,Thank you for the info.Worked perfectly.Appreciate the help.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10