Marvel's Spider-Man

Jul 01

Jul 01

Stereoscopic 3D on PS3: Updated List of All 3D Games and Movies

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Like UNCHARTED

UNCHARTED 3 on the 3D Gaming Display

Affordable 3D gaming was a reoccurring theme at this year’s PlayStation E3 keynote, whether it was the announcement of PlayStation’s upcoming 3D Gaming Display and redesigned 3D glasses. But even with more sophisticated and affordable 3D technology, we need 3D games to play and 3D movies to watch. That’s where this list comes in: I’ve collected almost every piece of stereoscopic 3D-capable PS3 content here, from Blu-ray to PSN. If I missed a game, let me know in the comments!

3D Games for PS3

Out now

1. Assassin’s Creed Revelations
  2. Auditorium*
  3. Batman: Arkham City
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  5. Captain America: Super Soldier
  6. Cars 2: The Video Game
  7. Child of Eden
  8. Crysis*
  9. Crysis 2
  10. de Blob 2: Underground
  11. Dungeon Defenders*
  12. Dynasty Warriors 7
  13. Enslaved: Journey to the West (via PSN software update)
  14. EyePet
  26. Killzone 3
  27. MLB 11: The Show
  28. Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest
  29. Mortal Kombat
  30. MotorStorm: 3D Rift*
  31. MotorStorm Apocalypse
  32. NBA 2K11 (via PSN software update)
  33. NBA 2K12
  34. PAIN*
  35. Prince of Persia Trilogy*
  36. Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (via software update)
  37. Puzzle Dimension*
  38. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  39. Red Faction: Battlegrounds*
  40. Resistance 3
  41. Ridge Racer 7*
  42. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken*
  43. Shaun White Skateboarding
  44. SOCOM 4
  45. Sonic Generations
  46. The Sly Collection
  47. Super Stardust HD* (via PSN software update)
  48. Swords and Soldiers*
  49. Tetris on PSN* (via PSN software update)
  50. Thor: God of Thunder
  51. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Trilogy
  52. Top Darts*
  53. Top Spin 4
  54. TRON: Evolution
  55. Tumble*
  56. UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception
  57. Virtua Tennis 4
  58. WipEout HD*

*Indicates downloadable PSN title

PlayStation Video Store’s 3D Selections

The PlayStation Video Store also supports stereoscopic 3D films (in addition to VUDU), and the library is growing. Here’s an updated list.

1. Bolt
  14. Resident Evil: Afterlife
  15. Sanctum
  16. Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
  17. Tangled
  18. TRON: Legacy

3D Blu-ray Films

Note: Select titles appear here, for a full list of all 3D Blu-rays, refer to Blu-ray.com/3D.

1. Alice in Wonderland

PAGE 1 2 3 4

zech678 said:

July 2nd, 11:28 pm

nice

PSX04 said:

July 3rd, 12:04 am

hey …… Sid Shuman ……. are you don’t read my blog ???

DEAD_POOL__ said:

July 3rd, 5:54 am

3D is cool I’m glad that Sony is trying to make it cheaper for everyone to get but honestly, I have a TV that’s 1080p HD and a PS3 that can produce graphics at 1080p, and yet 90% of the games Sony releases are rarely over 720p. Does 3D mean HD? no just means that the game,movie, whatever your watching and playing will jump off the screen at you, frankly I’d rather see more games coming out in full 1080p rather than 3D.

General_Keenaye said:

July 3rd, 8:57 am

I would like to see Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood in 3D.

General_Keenaye said:

July 3rd, 9:00 am

What would the TV cost standalone?

Upsilandre said:

July 3rd, 9:34 am

you omit Ridge Racer 7 (via PSN software update)

Upsilandre said:

July 3rd, 9:38 am

and Green lantern

solace357 said:

July 3rd, 10:30 am

That new monitor is just that, a monitor. No TV tuner guys, unless you got a hd cable box hooked into it.
Very neat tech, wish i could improve on my 3D bluray collection, prices are a little to much for me.

jorge9453 said:

July 3rd, 3:37 pm

Hey guys I just went to gamestop website and found out the price and release date,

Price:$499.99

Release Date:11/26/2011

In the box comes: •PlayStation® 3D Display
•PlayStation® 3D Glasses (1 Pair)
•HDMI Cable
•Resistance®3 Game
•USB Cable
•AC Power Cord
•3D Display Stand

jorge9453 said:

July 3rd, 3:41 pm

Hey guys I just found out this on the GAMESTOP web page:

PlayStation 3D Display

Price: $499.99

Release Date: 11/26/2011

In the box: •PlayStation® 3D Display
•PlayStation® 3D Glasses (1 Pair)
•HDMI Cable
•Resistance®3 Game
•USB Cable
•AC Power Cord
•3D Display Stand

This can change but is not to likely to. Hope this answers a lot of your questions about this Great 3D display Sony is making for us GAMERS!

EspadaKiller said:

July 3rd, 8:08 pm

Thanks for the list, but to me the 3D effects on games are just for the cool factor. If you want to actually play the game it’s very difficult. Black Ops in 3D is really solid though.

And you missed Dynasty Warriors 7, that game supports 3D too ;)

DoNotExit said:

July 4th, 5:05 am

Seems my previous post containing a link isn’t getting through.

You have listed 43 games and missed quite a lot. There’s a total of !! 76 !! 3D games that have been announced for the PS3 (excluding 5 of the colored-glasses anaglyph games). Complete list on this site:

3dtested.com

I’ve played quite a few and the quality varies but I hope that devs keep them coming!

informer said:

July 4th, 6:14 am

Great to finally see an updated list. Please update this regularly!

diegoevil said:

July 4th, 9:36 am

What is the name of the NEW 3D Display ?

painterkilla said:

July 4th, 10:15 am

I don’t understand… I once took my PS3 to a friend’s house and played GTA IV in 3D.

OfFtHeChArTs123 said:

July 4th, 2:48 pm

Dear Sony,
I like how you are trying to make 3D less expensive with this Resistance TV Bundle!
But I think you would please a way larger crowd if you would bundle it with Uncharted 3 Instead.
That would also mean that the 3DTV would be available in November, which would I think please everyone!
Think about it. Sony FTW

DoNotExit said:

July 4th, 2:53 pm

@painterkilla

On a 3DTV? Perhaps he enabled the auto 2D to 3D conversion on the TV. That’s more of a gimick than anything else as the TV guesses what’s in the foreground and what’s in the background based on the shapes and contours in the picture. It kinda works ok in some games but is overall pretty useless. GTA IV definitely does not have stereoscopic 3D on the PS3. It is only games that natively support stereoscopic 3D that you’ll get good results with.

rochha said:

July 4th, 3:24 pm

yeah you can get a much larger 3d TV for the same price. I don’t understand why Sony is Jacking up the price on this TINY TV

Crow_50 said:

July 4th, 3:32 pm

Do not waste your money on a 3-D TV right now. The 3-d No Glasses TV will be affordable soon enough

SWITCH_00599 said:

July 4th, 3:38 pm

I want that 3D tv :D I can take it anywhere

scooter1265 said:

July 4th, 9:36 pm

Does anybody know if an astigmatism, or a football-shaped eye instead of a basketball-shaped eye, will have any effect to 3D viewing? I can see the RealD 3D in theaters (Avatar, TF3, etc.), LG’s Cinema 3D, and Sony’s earlier model with the active shutter glasses. But, for some reason, I couldn’t get any 3D effect from the 3DS whilst playing Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer!

Also, to all the people who bash on 3D, nobody is forcing you to switch to it. It’s good for some, and not so good for others. Stores that let customers use and abuse their equipment aren’t ideal places to look at the spectacular sight that is 3D HDTV. I think if we can have processors with 8 cores, robots that can do heart surgury, internet that can deliver videos in a matter of seconds, and all these other great technological feats, I’m sure that games can deliver 120 Hz and 60fps at 1080p consistently. And…that’s my rant.

Man, I gotta quit listening to Rise Against and writing comments. :-)

amshockeyfan said:

July 4th, 11:32 pm

Concerning the 24′ PS3 3D Display/Monitor, I was going to preorder one at my local Gamestop & was told the minimum required was $50 (10%).

spoonard said:

July 5th, 10:56 pm

3D to me seems like the next step in the evolution of watching TV/movies/gaming. First there was silent films. Then they added sound. Were “talkies” considered gimmicks back then? Then eventually we moved on to color. Was that a gimmick too? Now we are in the process of moving from film to digital. That’s a gimmick to I suppose. At the same time we are moving from looking at 2D images on a 2D screen to looking at 3D images on a 2D screen. Though technically it’s two 2D images tricking the brain into thinking it’s 3D, it’s much more immersive than a standard screen if you ask me. It can’t do anything but ADD to the experience.

vember03 said:

July 7th, 10:34 am

Any idea when this display will be on the market? I’m assuming in September after Resistance 3 is released..

Dragonking99 said:

July 8th, 10:03 am

@everyone asking for glasses free 3D, There is actually a very good reason they have yet to make a Glasses Free 3D TV if you get a 3DS it says not to let children under 6 use it because it can cause permanent eye damage to young children so if they made a Glasses Free 3D TV only adults could use it, while stereoscopic 3D is less risky.

DopeMunky3 said:

July 12th, 9:38 pm

@ Sid Shuman Do you know if the TV will be sold in Canada? I really want one, also put it out to many different stores not just Sony Style. Thanks

nuneass said:

July 13th, 2:26 pm

This TV looks awesome but how big is the screen and does the 3d image get produce bigger than the screen size?

nuneass said:

July 13th, 2:26 pm

Also when does this tv come out?

mystic2405 said:

July 14th, 5:54 am

so you ask for our help, I helped you out in post #131 and no reply with even a thanks, nor did you update the OP… why did you bother asking for my help

pugmisteret said:

July 14th, 9:17 am

I just read about Sony’s new 3D Experience that is being made available on their new Bravia 3D LCD TV’s. the article said it’s a free streaming service offering promotional video clips and trial content in 3D…very cool. I wonder when they will make it available on the Playstation Network and playable on the PS3? Sony, it’s time to get crackin’ !

SukiNihon said:

July 14th, 8:58 pm

Please include Resistance 3’s collector’s edition with the PlayStation-branded 3DTV instead of the regular one. Since it looks like it will come out months after the game does, those who waited should at least get the collector’s edition since they wouldn’t have been able to get it at launch.

We’re spending $499 anyway, we should get the collector’s edition. I hate when themed consoles come with the regular version…

SukiNihon said:

July 14th, 8:59 pm

Can you also try and convince Konami to make the MGSand Zoe HD collections support 3D?

WastelandDan said:

July 15th, 9:43 pm

Sitting with the money, were is the TV @? Dont you want my money?

EliteF50 said:

July 16th, 8:46 pm

Please give us a release date for the 3DTV already! Hopefully it comes out before October 18th, or I’m going to have to buy some other TV, and I really don’t want to do that.

tdk2008 said:

July 19th, 3:31 pm

Should’nt Captain America Super Soldier be on the list as well just relased today

stennex said:

July 20th, 3:39 pm

I will wait until Sony brings out the 3d tvs that do not require me to wear the 3D glasses.

jrodny89 said:

July 25th, 2:55 pm

so i have a question, @ e3 it was said that with this tv split screen was going to be different, now my question is; is the tv or the glasses that provide that feature?

ringorinfret said:

July 26th, 9:31 pm

Lingers in shadows and Flowers should be updated for S3D :P

Yojimbo68 said:

July 29th, 10:40 am

I got a 3D Panasonic Plasma HDTV in the Independence day sales, great piece of kit, Wipeout HD, KZ3 & GT5 are stand out titles, but I feel a total schmo as I just bought a pre-owned MotorStorm Pacific Rift thinking it would have a 3D update patch after playing the demo >.<

I really hope more titles will have downloadable 3D updates, like Wipeout HD.

gohanrage said:

July 30th, 12:39 pm

What I want to know is if it will have Sony’s Normal 4 HDMI Ports. When ever I check out SONY TVs they Usually all have 4 HDMI Ports I would hate it if there was only 1 HDMI port.
and if its going to replace my current TV it must have at least 1 Component set of Ports

gohanrage said:

July 30th, 12:42 pm

My HDTV Cable Box uses Component Cables.

gohanrage said:

July 30th, 12:47 pm

I bought an entertainment centre that doesn’t hold a TV bigger then 26 Inches. so a 24inch will be perfect. but I will have to move my PS3 right now my HDTV is a CRT so I have my PS3 sitting on top of the TV

gohanrage said:

July 30th, 12:48 pm

I also am hoping they sell the TV with out the video game I don’t like FPS games.

PAGE 1 2 3 4