Spider-Man PS4

Jul 08

Jul 08

Watch 15 Minutes of BioShock Infinite for PS3

Ken Levine's Avatar Posted by Creative Director and Co-founder, Irrational Games

Okay, we’ve teased you for long enough. We showed you a teaser on PlayStation’s E3 stage. We leaked out dribs and drabs of content over the past few weeks. Yeah, we’re S.O.Bs. But we’re S.O.Bs with an expiration date! And today’s that date.

Here it is, a video of the full demonstration that we showed to the press at E3, all 15 minutes of it. We’d love to know what you think at our forums at www.irrationalgames.com.

-Ken (@iglevine)

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

PainOfSarrow said:

July 8th, 3:36 pm

im the one and onlyy ? amazingggg

Butters360 said:

July 8th, 3:43 pm

Hot. DAMN!

TheFallenSannin said:

July 8th, 3:45 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! First day buy baby!!!!

morris1129 said:

July 8th, 3:47 pm

I’m waiting for Gametrailers to do a PS3 vs Xbox comparison video….

rockinjs864 said:

July 8th, 3:50 pm

never played bioshock before but I must say I think I will be picking this one looks great graphic wise and the story mode looks like a movie could be easy to get caught in came play just to see what’s next

LionsguardAgrias said:

July 8th, 3:53 pm

Wow!!! Just wow.

Aeryn_James said:

July 8th, 3:53 pm

Thanks for the peek, S.O.B.’s!

hehe

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

July 8th, 3:53 pm

This is great stuff! Thanks Ken, can’t wait for the game next year.

I’m also excited to hear more about Move support.

morris1129 said:

July 8th, 3:55 pm

I think all they did was change the xbox icons to ps3 icons because i doubt someone can play a game EXACTLY the same way as they showed on gametrailers last night.

tinycpw91 said:

July 8th, 3:57 pm

GOTY right here, no question

shazbot-finubus said:

July 8th, 4:03 pm

A marvelous showing, and with still more months to go, no doubt the end result will be exquisite.

When I played Bioshock, I felt like the medium had elevated to a higher plateau, now in Bioshock Infinite you’ll literally be up in the air!

Conaaando said:

July 8th, 4:03 pm

GOSH! This looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Please please please, do release a demo and a trial for PSN+! :-)

Bilsebob said:

July 8th, 4:06 pm

Now that’s my kind of game.

lisatsunami said:

July 8th, 4:07 pm

Dang either this is a hell of a buffering or this is Flash which won’t play on my iPADD 2. Will watch on my ps3 later. Thanks, Ken. Oh, and make your Vita Bioshock game extra awesome, please.

Moonglare said:

July 8th, 4:10 pm

No words can describe this…

deltakong said:

July 8th, 4:13 pm

….damn, you guys just hooked me

devilforce12 said:

July 8th, 4:17 pm

hell awesome!!!

Link01 said:

July 8th, 4:17 pm

and here I thought you guys were only showing off the 360 version on GTTV, I’m proud :D

THE_I2eaper said:

July 8th, 4:20 pm

ken will there still be upgrades for guns in this one?

Link01 said:

July 8th, 4:22 pm

BTW, did you guys finally make L1 and R1 the default aim and shoot?

gumi42 said:

July 8th, 4:25 pm

Awesome, I can’t wait, why do you have to tease us with such good gameplay when it is still so far out till release. That is just mean.
But I love how creepy Columbia is even though is it bright and sunny outside.
Can’t wait for Bioshock Infinite!!!

Spunta said:

July 8th, 4:28 pm

Take all my money. I don’t even want it.

yesimasian2 said:

July 8th, 4:30 pm

im not a shooter fan by any means … i consider most of them mindless gameplay with little substance … but THIS … IS … SOMETHING ELSE… wow!

Detective-E said:

July 8th, 4:34 pm

So are we ever going to see more gameplay? or just more scripted events?

Zezzler said:

July 8th, 4:36 pm

Ken and everyone over at Irrational Games; This is effing amazing!!! Can’t wait to see about the Move controls.

somethingatt said:

July 8th, 4:43 pm

Please FULLY implement MOVE please, i.e: I can play the full game with MOVE (not some silly mini-games).
Also consult Guerilla games on how to make MOVE awesome with FPS, as they absolutely nailed it with Killzone3.

Game looks great, but of course you knew that.

Ken Levine's Avatar

Ken Levine said:

July 8th, 5:27 pm

We agree, Guerilla did a great job on Killzone.

SearchNDestroyX said:

July 8th, 4:48 pm

morris1129 you are wrong, check the two videos again and you’ll be able to see they are not exactly the same, they are almost equally, but not the same gameplay. Pay atention to some details like the lighting rays and you will notice the diference, you’ll see they show the same graphics but movements are slighly diferent.

Stringer2355 said:

July 8th, 4:53 pm

Will you be supporting 3D ?

MadMeat001 said:

July 8th, 4:55 pm

DUDE how can you ignore Elizabeth? she`s smokin` hot :D

IceColdKilla44 said:

July 8th, 4:55 pm

That was amazing. Anyone know where I can DL this video in HD to put it on my PS3?

somethingatt said:

July 8th, 4:56 pm

Also fix the premium avatars not showing up already, Sony, sheesh.

lostinplainsight said:

July 8th, 5:24 pm

dude, you had me at bioshock one small request if i may please don’t i repeat don’t add multiplayer.

Brandon_2535 said:

July 8th, 5:29 pm

Looks incredible! Can’t wait to get my hands on this one!

centwood32 said:

July 8th, 5:35 pm

Can’t wait for this game to come out!

BAEZE_L said:

July 8th, 5:37 pm

WOW!!! How About EveryBody That My Friends Are Put Some Money In A Hat So That I Can Buy A Friggin PS3 And TV???

the_FREELANCER said:

July 8th, 5:44 pm

Once again, the art direction is amazing! Hell of a team you have, Ken!!

DrkrZen said:

July 8th, 5:55 pm

So glad that Levine is once again teamed up with BioShock. Lack of Levine is what led to BioShock 2 being so subpar, storywise, and the first remaining one of the best games ever made.

Lookin’ awesome, Mr. Levine, lookin’ awesome, indeed. Can’t wait for this game!

MiiAmigo said:

July 8th, 5:57 pm

Damn it Mr. Levine. Why must you torture us like this? Just kidding but I can not wait till this is unleashed.

EJayDub said:

July 8th, 6:01 pm

It’s about time someone made a game making fun of America! lol this should be hilarious.

pirate2120 said:

July 8th, 6:08 pm

I love how the gameplay and cutscenes (if they can even be called that) are so closely tied together that it seems impossible to tell when the scenes begin/end. BioShock is the only FPS I have ever been in to playing and Levine and the IG Team have opened my eyes up to all types of different things with their creativity! This is a day 1 must buy; this game will be the second time I pre-order a game, I had to do it for Batman (arkham city) and now I gotta do it for BioShock!

Karsghul said:

July 8th, 6:09 pm

Looks amazing! One of my most anticipated games right now. I haven’t been this this exited for a fps in years.

I wonder how much of this demo will be in the full version? This is the type of game that i don’t want to see anything until i’m playing it by myself.

ritual1982 said:

July 8th, 6:12 pm

Bioshock Infinite is some trippy weird stuff. Never played the first two, I think I am going to give them a try. I just hope the single player campaign has some decent length and story to it. Hope they dont lean so much on the first two to detour around telling a story in this one. I think the designer of this crazy bioshock world came from a mental hospital somewhere.

Looking forward to Battlefield 3, Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning, and now Bioshock Infinite.

Surfaced said:

July 8th, 6:25 pm

Wow. That was pretty intense.
Great atmosphere!

Falaut said:

July 8th, 7:02 pm

Hi,

The game looks absolutely amazing. Not only in its visuals, but how it comes together as a whole. I feel that be it Mr.Levine alone or together with others at Irrational, are a part of a very few developers that are able to bring one full vision to life. This in itself is paramount. I feel that quite a lot of development nowadays constitutes of marketing driven assembly type of games and this can be seen just by watching some developers in the diaries or previews, where there is no talk of a vision, just a patchwork of game mechanics painted with a particular aesthetic.

Be it monetary or developer driven, I absolutely applaud the inclusion of Move. I’m an older gamer that strongly supports the Sharpshooter in military games like Killzone, MAG, SOCOM. After playing Killzone with it I can’t go back. Having said this, a game like Bioshock should only involve Move in its separate Navi+Wand combo as its more immersive in that kind of setting and its dual wielding of powers and armaments. Very excited.

Thanks

side note: more 3rd party FPS/TPS Move/Move Sharpshooter support!

leukoplast said:

July 8th, 7:06 pm

Definitely going to be a rent… maybe not even that. BI is being made by unknown devs who have no experience on consoles at all, let alone the PS3. This game will be terrible and will probably end up being ported from the 360 to the PS3. No thank you.

FreQaZoiD said:

July 8th, 7:06 pm

That… was… AWESOME!

Destiny89 said:

July 8th, 7:19 pm

That was too amazing! i cant wait

SearchNDestroyX said:

July 8th, 7:21 pm

leukoplast i think you didn’t watch the two gameplays, graphically it’s exactly the same and the developers told that they are treating the ps3 version carefully and the game won’t be a port.

misael99 said:

July 8th, 7:27 pm

i have a question why can’t you carry more than 2 guns unlike the other bioshock 2 which you can carry all the guns you got but really cool game i like the bioshock series and also the way you can choose how it ends i hope you kept that

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

July 8th, 7:36 pm

Looks beyond amazing. Not sure how I feel about regenerating health and 2 weapon limit though……

I’m also hoping for some connectivity with the Bioshock Vita game.

PAGE 1 2 3