Final Fantasy XV

Jul 13

Jul 13

PSN to Invest $20 Million in Exclusive Game Portfolio

Brandon Stander's Avatar Posted by Director of Marketing, PlayStation Network

We continually strive to make PlayStation Network the most innovative console game and entertainment service and that’s why we’re thrilled to announce a three-year, $20 million dollar investment plan to develop PSN exclusive games. Our line of PSN exclusives has had great success with titles such as Joe Danger, Critter Crunch, Flower and the PixelJunk series, and we’re excited to add new and different game experiences to this portfolio of games that can’t be found on any other game console. This investment includes support across both our own network of first-party studios as well as for the Pub Fund, which was first introduced at GDC in 2009.

Okabu

So what does this mean for you as a gamer? It means more unique, fun, innovative, edgy and higher quality game experiences on PSN that you won’t find anywhere else! We are excited for the upcoming PSN exclusive titles that are part of this three-year plan, including Eufloria, Okabu, and Papo & Yo, which recently received several accolades at E3, including Best Puzzle Game by both IGN and GamePro. Under this investment, we’re committed to delivering titles that have innovative gameplay mechanics, vibrant visuals, interesting storylines and an artistic element to interactive entertainment that can only be found on PlayStation Network.

Papo & Yo

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Blog for more exciting announcements around the PSN exclusive games portfolio soon!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

StargamerX said:

July 13th, 7:02 am

Awesome! I’m sure I’ll buy more than a few of these exclusives. :)

GT-420 said:

July 13th, 7:02 am

Cool. Please throw a bunch of money at EPOS Game Studios of Sweden. Crash Commando is my absolute favorite PSN exclusive. And nobody knows about it. Is it still going to be given out free to + members, it was on the schedule before the network outage.

Mister-Nep said:

July 13th, 7:04 am

Wonder what more type of games this Pub Fund will yield. It’s already made several unique and awesome games possible to publish for the small developers.

Butters360 said:

July 13th, 7:05 am

Oh HELL YES!

iDeKlein17 said:

July 13th, 7:08 am

Sony, want to make big money and win E3 100% ?
Bring Kingdom Hearts 3 to the PS3 exclusive.
Believe me or not, making Kingdom Hearts 3 PS3 Exclusive and announce it at E3 will make
PS3 get the GOD status. The sales will go up 300% believe me.
Anyone else agrees with me ?

lcmnick said:

July 13th, 7:09 am

thatgamecompany had better be part of it…

Heavenly_king said:

July 13th, 7:10 am

Xer0Signal said:

July 13th, 7:10 am

awesome news.

PSN already has the best, most varied, and most unique catalog. it’s great to see you guys and girls are keeping focus on making it bigger and better.

LDiablo84 said:

July 13th, 7:11 am

what does this mean for Indie developers that want to make a game for psn?

Heavenly_king said:

July 13th, 7:11 am

@5: I think that too, but it also needs MGS5 as an exclusive; those 2 will definitely drive lots of sales.

iDeKlein17 said:

July 13th, 7:18 am

@Heavenly_King
Yes indeed,
There’s also a new hint to the next installment of Kingdom Hearts 3.
That in the 3DS (Blugh) version of the new kingdomhearts there are going to be hints to the 3rd game.

Sony please, i beg you. Make this happen.

Butters360 said:

July 13th, 7:20 am

I sure do hope thatgamecompany is part of this as previously mentioned. They kind of define PSN for me. I’m stoked for Journey.

V_Ben said:

July 13th, 7:24 am

Wonderful news!

zzamaro said:

July 13th, 7:26 am

Where’s Dark Cloud 3? I bet most of us want top-quality retail games(exclusive or not) for the PS3, not DL games. Not a bad thing but you are missing a lot of great games that were part of the mighty PS2. How many years has passed since DC2? 7/8 years?

Like a poster above said, Kingdom Hearts 3 is also missing this gen.

FallenAC said:

July 13th, 7:27 am

Wow this is awesome :) thx

Kamiboy said:

July 13th, 7:29 am

Hey Yoshida, I hope some of that funding is going to go towards some Japanese devs because so far for a companey based put of that region I see your support have been very anemic.

Would bring some balance to your offerings as well.

Gueeds said:

July 13th, 7:34 am

This is great news! Keep the exclusives coming!

xAToMiC--GaMeRx said:

July 13th, 7:34 am

The exclusive games are the best !! Papo&Yo recived a good amount of awards .. So its gonna be awesome !! Sony I love your exclusives please keep it up! And thanks!

arcticjim said:

July 13th, 7:36 am

Wow. That’s all you’re getting? Get some 1st person shooter exclusive to psn. Or even some 3rd person shooters. These are all hippie games and I am not into them one bit. Underline one bit. Please make some games that people would actually go all crazy about and buy them. And besides do it for me cause I am sonys #1 fan.

M-Easy said:

July 13th, 7:41 am

So I expect to see more platinum trophies in PSN games.

anotherdae said:

July 13th, 7:41 am

PSN has 20 million dollars?

TarzanSr said:

July 13th, 7:43 am

Glad you have original PSN Exclusives Sony but add some of your older First-Party games to the PSN as well such as Uncharted 1 & 2 and the Resistance series to the PSN. You could even use it as a marketing boost to the upcoming Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 games. Claiming relive the predecessors.

RockJunky said:

July 13th, 7:43 am

I would prefer to see that $20,000,000 invested into the PSN itself to add some severely lacking features.

DEMOCRAC-Y said:

July 13th, 7:50 am

Invest on Square Enix ffs we DONT want all FF games going multi plat -_- idk why everyone loves those little psn games… theyre cute not FUN.
Katherine is FUN!

Aeryn_James said:

July 13th, 7:51 am

Smart:) I really like hippie games.
Quirky indie games that escape
the sea of mindless FPS.

fallen127199 said:

July 13th, 7:52 am

What about pay day the heist I haven’t heard anymore about that game is it still coming.

RE_Player said:

July 13th, 7:53 am

Great news. I hope the service continues to have some unique games :)

JustMiii07 said:

July 13th, 7:57 am

hmm 20 mill on a new portfolio??
start to fix the stupid 3.6 update so the legit ps3 owners can update their 40gig harddrive for a bigger one!!
stupid ass mofo’s

sorry for my crappy english

Heavenly_king said:

July 13th, 7:58 am

@22: Uncharted 2 is really big, most probably bigger than 20gigs so I think It would be really hard to to have it as download.

stlthriot said:

July 13th, 8:04 am

Yeah, more games from thatgamecompany would be great!

buenabena3 said:

July 13th, 8:16 am

SWEET GANNA SAVE MONEY QUICK TO BUY ME THEM SONY GAMES!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS Brandon for the update

remanutd5 said:

July 13th, 8:22 am

excellent !! please let Papo & Yo be able to be played on playstation vita !!!! as a matter of fact you guys should let all psn games available on playstation vita

FfoegNosnibor said:

July 13th, 8:27 am

Here’s to wishing that a similar amount of money is being used to update the lacking features on the PS3… PSN exclusives are nice, but I want a system that does _EVERYTHING_.

This means things like: A modern web browser, the ability to video chat with friends regardless of the game they are in, some instant TV functionality, perhaps having devs look at some of the popular SHARE ideas, etc.

bakerarmy said:

July 13th, 8:30 am

Need to take that money and invest in something more productive. I have a iPod for these little games. I didn’t buy a PS3 to play 16bit games.

What happens when PS4 comes out? We start to get Sega 32x games…

chucknmeg said:

July 13th, 8:32 am

It’s great to see Sony investing this much in the network after what they have been up against with the outage this year. I hope they can invest some of this time and energy into getting some much needed PSOne classics up for download. How about Suikoden 2, Breath of Fire 3, Gradius Gaiden, Raystorm… These are also “exclusive” to Sony and are one of the reasons I bought a PS3.

tulaib_100 said:

July 13th, 8:33 am

i want sorcery , wtf is wrong with u people … just announce the game already plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TomHoang said:

July 13th, 8:36 am

@33

You say you don’t want to play 16 bit games, yet you ask for Sega 32x games? I don’t think the graphics in Papo & Yo and 32x games compare.

Sony is already delivering the best exclusives on any platform, and now they are investing in the same quality exclusives on PSN, yet you are still complaining?

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

July 13th, 8:39 am

Are PSN games going to be playable on Vita? Kinda like you buy PS1 and Minis and play on PSP and PS3? I am not going to buy another copy of the games I have just to play them again on Vita, that would be stupid.

bam37 said:

July 13th, 8:45 am

Joe danger 2 !!!

TheTwelve said:

July 13th, 8:49 am

PSN games have been a very wonderful and surprising treat for me as a PS3 owner.

Twosmellyfeet said:

July 13th, 8:57 am

What’s wrong with sony? Why aren’t you all spending that money to bring back some real games that where killer back in the day oand expand on them, make them what they could have been not just better graphics and music changes. Like a Road Rash New Metal for instance, a New FPS Contra sharpshooter compatible of course or a GT5 style Spy Hunter game. Basically all the games that could have been Multi-Selling platforms given the game developers had more time then. Or just Better games that could’ve been made but got scrapped for office polotics or bugets. Now there’s better technology and newer ideas that would make some of these pass games truly something to be reckoned with!

bop_070 said:

July 13th, 8:57 am

way to go!

johnny_toastburn said:

July 13th, 9:04 am

What FfoegNosnibor and bakerarmy said. The lack of a modern browser is infuriating. I can’t even access Facebook with the silly thing. And I’m really not interested in playing 16 bit games… it’s like buying a sports car and only driving down side streets at 20 MPH. Give me big, massive games that push the boundaries of the system! Give me a browser that really supports Flash! THAT’S the kind of thing that makes me glad I buy Sony products, not silly little games I can play on a phone.

Seriously, please fix that terrible browser.

And I would be the first to buy Kingdom Hearts 3. Just saying.

Martingutten said:

July 13th, 9:11 am

Sounds good. But, Eufloria is not exclusive. I got it on my PC (steam)….. But, if you are about twisting the truth, here are some games from the PC indiescene you should get: A.R.E.S., Anomaly Warzone Earth, The Ball, Blueberry Garden, Capsized, Defence Grid, and yet it moves, Auidiosurf, Foregin Legion: Bucket of Blood, Gish, Magicka, Plain Sight, Saira, Sanctum, Terria, VVVVV, Zombie Driver

PatriotEyez27 said:

July 13th, 9:13 am

Exclusives is my favourite word :)

mcbuttz78 said:

July 13th, 9:17 am

@ Mr stander. I love the idea but also is there a way others can get involed in the psn pub . Is there a web site?.Alot gamers have the talent s and etc to be a developer and make games that would most likley sell millions ..

I have been huge fan of the psn pub for long time this right move to make, I would also love to see more japananese and over seas dev’s. as well as american :)

This a great way to build a AAA company for the future as well as fan base of all genre types.. I think exclusive rpg for sony could use a fair shake for ps3 console. I wonderd why you guys didnt sign atlus to 3 game exclsuive deal. That would have been great for the psn and the sony brand.

but keep up the great work .

mcbuttz78
vp-psn legionarrie group

Deathspear666 said:

July 13th, 9:24 am

Anyone can add me if they like(same name as posted) …And NO i don’t play BlOps :)…Kingdom Hearts??! REALLY??!!..You must be a trophy hoarder lol

Taznorris said:

July 13th, 9:33 am

Some psn games are very good, like battlefield 1943, super stardust hd, and outland to name a few, also, a good littlebigplanet level is called “Little Big Jailbreak” by colt2point0, you should check it out if you have the time. :)

that-acmilan-guy said:

July 13th, 9:50 am

Keep the innovative games from indie devs coming! Also please invest in Retail games as well :)

BigBoss712 said:

July 13th, 9:51 am

Both games definitely look unique, so nice job!

PAGE 1 2 3