God of War

Jul 15

Jul 15

UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Concludes, Is Largest PS3 Beta Ever

Arne Meyer's Avatar Posted by Director of Communications, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

UNCHARTED 3 3 wallpaper

Sadly, the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta came to an end earlier today, racking up over 1.53 MILLION unique players participating! This makes UNCHARTED 3 the LARGEST online beta to appear on the PS3. I cannot describe how awesome everyone in the Naughty Dog studio feels about hitting this milestone – we couldn’t have done it without you, our fans and community!

Below, we’ve collected some jaw-dropping stats from the Multiplayer Beta. You guys were busy!

-Total unique Beta players: 1.53 million people

-Total kills: 1.9 billion

-Total Cash collected: 1.4 TRILLION dollars (that’s greater than the gross domestic product of Spain, the eleventh highest GDP in the world!)

-Total shots fired: 48 billion

-Total matches completed: 22 million

-Total time played: More than 362 years worth of matches

UNCHARTED 3: Creepy_CrawlerUncharted 3: airstrip runway

We’re keeping the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta feedback forums on NaughtyDog.com open over the weekend so you can post your closing thoughts. We’ll close the forums on Monday, reopen the normal Multiplayer discussion forum, and spend the next weeks poring over all your feedback to see what else we should look into. We’ve already made changes, fixes and tweaks during the Beta and before we put the finishing touches on UNCHARTED 3, we will make more tweaks entirely based on your collective feedback. Our multiplayer game design team thanks you!

If you still need your UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer fix and you’re headed to San Diego Comic-Con next week, you’re in luck! We are bringing a limited selection of the gametypes featured in the Beta to the PlayStation Booth located in the Exhibit Hall for all FIVE days! We’ve got an UNCHARTED 3 panel on Friday and a bunch of announcements to boot – we’ll have a proper blowout on all the news here on the PlayStation.Blog early next week.

If you’re not headed to San Diego Comic-Con, you’ll be able to scratch that multiplayer itch again in just a few months! In October, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to jump into the FULL UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer experience by visiting your participating SUBWAY restaurant before the Blu-ray copies hit retail on November 1st. Check back on the PlayStation.Blog for more details as we get closer to October – if you want to get a jump start with your Multiplayer career, you won’t want to miss this!

Of course, don’t forget to pre-order if you haven’t already.

UNCHARTED 3: yemen wideUNCHARTED 3: yemen vista

One last note about the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Rewards – if you’re looking forward to getting your hard-earned rewards from hitting any or all of the requirements, PLEASE be sure to update your Account Settings to ALLOW “communications from PlayStation.” There’s a handy link on the Account Settings page on PlayStation.com to do this. Otherwise our pals at the PlayStation Network offices won’t be able to e-mail you and you won’t get your rewards!

You don’t want that to happen, do you?

I look forward to taking a few potshots at each and every one of you within the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer this October, if not sooner!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

theXsilentXchild said:

July 15th, 3:38 pm

YEAH!!!

theXsilentXchild said:

July 15th, 3:38 pm

I Downloaded but never got a chance to play….

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

July 15th, 3:52 pm

Why not?! you should have!

PatriotEyez27 said:

July 15th, 3:39 pm

I have been in all of the betas since 2007 and this was the best yet :D

Thanks Naughty Dog! Can’t wait for 11.1.11

Latin_Player_10 said:

July 15th, 3:42 pm

i got this with the infamous 2 (early access)

Carl-G said:

July 15th, 3:44 pm

“Total kills: 1.9 billion” Yeah i think i got killed 1.8 billion times :D

Excellent stuff;) Can’t wait for the full game! ;P

Latin_Player_10 said:

July 15th, 3:44 pm

1.9 billion kills :O

T40Rs731N said:

July 15th, 3:45 pm

This BETA was a blast. I even met new people who were fun to play with! Nice Job.

Dice_for_Death_ said:

July 15th, 3:46 pm

An what a marvelous beta it was. Day one purchase.

MrBeatdown said:

July 15th, 3:48 pm

Absolutely loved the beta. The only issue I came across was what appeared to be inconsistencies with the melee. I’ve been killed in one hit, even when I had taken no bullet damage, or had to hit someone three times to kill them.

And I have one request. Make the U2 DLC characters playable in U3!

lcmnick said:

July 15th, 3:50 pm

I’ve had a smoother online experience with Uncharted 3’s beta than I have with GT5’s now months old online code.

Naughty Dog, send some online folks over to Polyphony, will ya.

Destiny89 said:

July 15th, 3:50 pm

Amazing beta loved it so much and cannot wait for the full game

Butters360 said:

July 15th, 3:53 pm

Looking forward to playing this and Starhawk next week! Congrats Naughty Dog!!!

Lolsa1 said:

July 15th, 3:53 pm

Any chance your giving away exclusive dlc at Comic-Con like you did with UC2?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

July 15th, 3:56 pm

There’s a very, very good chance we’ll have some special exclusive stuff at SDCC. Check back next week for details.

Brizee said:

July 15th, 3:56 pm

One question – is it definitely NOT the biggest Beta ever or has the research just not been done ;D

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

July 15th, 4:00 pm

We did our fact checking for Betas on the PS3. I know other people double-checked that. What do you think we’re missing?

Brizee said:

July 15th, 3:57 pm

btw Hi I’m Brizee – long time lurker, first time commenter :D

Mijeme said:

July 15th, 3:58 pm

Um yeah, BECAUSE IT WAS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retro25 said:

July 15th, 3:59 pm

I played the beta few times and it’s really good but now it’s expired, it’s been great while it lasted right?

pickupdoctor said:

July 15th, 3:59 pm

Arne Uncharted 3 Beta was great, I actually manage to get few last matches in this morning at 8 am because I was missing one match from completing my Trifecta of rewards.

This was awesome, keep up good work and can’t wait to get my hands on Final Product in November, oh did I mention it is my Birthday Month also.

See you on line.

lisatsunami said:

July 15th, 4:00 pm

Congratulations, Naughty Dog, you all deserve the success!

MarinoBrea said:

July 15th, 4:00 pm

The split-screen sign-in as another user is glitched.

I tried it at my brother’s, BIG mistake. Somehow my account data got loaded as the previous account he had loaded up for splitscreen (his son’s). I had the same level, same skin, same customizations, money, everything. When I signed up back at home, it was still like that, permanently screwed. I was already level 28, after the glitch I got the same level my nephew was, level 9…yeah, OUCH, and GRRRR. I had done most of the stuff required for the bonus gifts for the final game. I’m gonna be really pissed if I start my game on November and I don’t get my extra money and stuff. I won’t cry much about it, but it would be nice if you fix my account and give me my bonus. I tried to access the forums the day it happened (monday) and I couldn’t. I couldn’t keep playing the beta, I didn’t have the time to get my game up to level 25 again.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

July 15th, 4:25 pm

We will take a look into this. Thanks for letting us know

retro25 said:

July 15th, 4:00 pm

So what will we do while we wait for Uncharted 3?

akeemdk said:

July 15th, 4:01 pm

I didn’t even get to play it i was studying hard these past few weeks so no ps3.Im really angry now

MarinoBrea said:

July 15th, 4:01 pm

And you’d better make sure that horrible glitch is not present in the final game. In Uncharted 2 many people got their data corrupted and couldn’t log in anymore, and when you fixed it you reset all their accounts to level 1. If something like that happens again in Uncharted 3 it will be totally unforgivable. I know if I’m over level 40 and get screwed like this again I will stop playing the game right away.

Arcadian_Rebel said:

July 15th, 4:01 pm

Thanks for the beta! Hopefully Naughty Dog has taken in all of our feedback so Uncharted 3 is truly the game of the year! :)

CEK111 said:

July 15th, 4:05 pm

Sorry Arne, but im still unable to access your site, and i’ve some great suggestions and feedback,
At the PSN sign in, it says “missing URL partner” – yet it works fine on the PSN blog!
Is there anywhere else i can leave feedback? – Please get in touch!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

July 15th, 4:26 pm

Can you try with a different browser – there seems to be something weird going on with some browsers that we haven’t completely ironed out. Sorry for the inconvenience that may cause.

Brizee said:

July 15th, 4:06 pm

I meant across all platforms, I’m more than happy to take your word its the biggest on PS3, the day 1 lag issues proved it was popular. :)

jdoub5678 said:

July 15th, 4:06 pm

362 years of matches holy jemolies we humans cnt evem live tht long im glad i was the one who added about 80 hours into tht 362 years good job guys keep it up and everyone here lets go ply some uncharted2 while we wait

The3D-Artist said:

July 15th, 4:08 pm

Aw….I have to work my booth at Comic Con, so I probably won’t be able to play….unless we happen to be right next to you. Last year we were next to the Rock Band and Medal of Honor booths, my head nearly exploded from the sound effects alone. I’m glad the beta went well, sucks that I can’t seem to log on to the beta site to express my thoughts though… It was really fun to play. I think more opening sequences to battles like what was done for Airport would be neat. I hope the idea of gun customisation is retained in the final release (not just simple add-ons like rate of fire but actual customisation as shown in the trailers). I think the maps chosen were well thought out and don’t allow for camping, which is great. Keep up the awesome work! – Teyon.

zzamaro said:

July 15th, 4:08 pm

What about the free avatar?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

July 15th, 4:27 pm

More details about the Beta rewards, including the free avatar, will be forthcoming. You’ll definitely want to make sure you’re opted-in to receive communications from PlayStation, as I noted above, so you can be kept up to date.

jkuc75sj said:

July 15th, 4:09 pm

Thanks for the tip Arne! I already set it to allow communications from Playstation

Pbk187HitMan said:

July 15th, 4:11 pm

i had also a blast with it, epic beta 10/10, i already pre ordered my collectors edition cnt w8 to hve it in my hands. and start playing it.

zzamaro said:

July 15th, 4:12 pm

“Total shots fired: 48 billion”

Damn, I should have known you were going to post numbers, that way I would have stopped thinking: “every bullet counts” and maybe, that number could have been 48 billion and 1 (48,000,000,001).

ruler1976 said:

July 15th, 4:15 pm

i know its off topic but i cant find anywhere to register my new ps3 HELP!!!!

Bluejays20012 said:

July 15th, 4:15 pm

Naughty Dog lies about the free avatar how come no one got it

Joshey_boo said:

July 15th, 4:17 pm

Real bum about this cant believe its over

TheGuardianFID said:

July 15th, 4:17 pm

The beta was great ND, thank you!!! 8)

Kchow23 said:

July 15th, 4:19 pm

Glad that so many people got to try the beta and I hope that our feedback is useful to you guys! anyway can’t wait for the full game! keep up the awesome work, Dogs!

@12 it does say largest PS3 Beta.

Shadow-Man_4 said:

July 15th, 4:19 pm

I’m so so addicted to Uncharted 3’s MP that I’m not playing any other game on my PS3 since the BETA was gone till now. :(

Why did you make me turn into a sad panda? I need to play the game! :(

And as a closing statement, I would like to thank each and every person at Naughty Dog, you did an awesome work delivering a completely amazing MP experience that exceeded Uncharted 2 in every possible way.

I honestly can’t play Uncharted 2 MP now, it feels so boring and slow paced. Can you please give us a cash incentive for us to play? I just need 3/4 that cirle of Cash to finish up level 59 and head to 60. Any chance of a 5X cash event? Please please please? :P

I love you, Naughty Dog! :)

mitcho2013 said:

July 15th, 4:23 pm

I didn’t really like the the beta. Although the stats from the beta amazing!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

July 15th, 4:28 pm

Let us know what you didn’t like (unless it’s just a general preference thing – like you don’t like TPSes in general) — on our forums. We are interested in what you thought wasn’t to your liking or up to snuff!

bkmelendez said:

July 15th, 4:24 pm

Of all the betas I’ve played on PS3, this was by far the most buggiest. Don’t get me wrong, the gameplay is fun but I actually feared my PS3 would die on me every time the game crashed on me. Hard reset and I hear the “beep beep” from the PS3. :[ More innovative maps like the opening scene of Airstrip should be implemented and more maps with weather effects. The netcode needs to be worked on heavily. I was getting the “network interruption” signal the last few days I played. My character froze just like it did in Uncharted 2 and once I could move again, I was killed. Thanks for the chance to beta test and keep up the good work.

Deathspear666 said:

July 15th, 4:26 pm

Now come on 11/1/11!! Add me :)

CONZI_7 said:

July 15th, 4:28 pm

I loved the Beta. Great fun , can’t wait for the full game but I have a question .
Will I get an e-mail with a code because I changed my Account Settings to ALLOW “communications from PlayStation” but I still havn’t got an e-mail from you or sony about the rewards . I have got e-mail from you and sony in the past .

Can you please help . Thank you for the excellent beta
and games over the years . Keep up all your good work , hope to hear a reply . Thank you P.S you Rock ND

Conor

Shadow-Man_4 said:

July 15th, 4:31 pm

Arne, please reply if you’re going to give Uncharted 2 players something like a cash event. Please?

bkmelendez said:

July 15th, 4:31 pm

I actually feared for the life of my PS3 that it didn’t die from all the crashes. :[

OnePieceAnime said:

July 15th, 4:33 pm

Great job on producing a great beta! An extremely enjoyable experience.
The Team at Naughty Dog produced patches quickly and made it apparent they really
were serious about making sure this game had a great launch.

Please add the ability to compete against friends though. :(

kwfang said:

July 15th, 4:35 pm

Awesome. Now can we have a Resistance 3 beta please?

kyosukerok said:

July 15th, 4:35 pm

And when we get the chance to play it for real on U3 comes PSN pass and slap us on the face :( oh god… will be so hard to keep up wasting money on some silly things …

Rorek_IronBlood said:

July 15th, 4:42 pm

Well, NaughtyDog, you are veteran team with a huge fanbase and you deserve it to be honest. Since the beginning you really have not released a bad title (that I can remember) and you have proven that you are team whom is dedicated to giving quality to it’s playerbase, and you are famous for really having one of the best gaming communities. All are worthy achievments.

Kudo’s to you all at NaughtyDog. Keep it up. I played the beta (whish I had gotten more in) and I have to say that even for an unfinished product it was smoother then most games (i’m looking at you Call of Duty, and SOCOM4.) Which is always a breath of fresh air to the lungs. My only complaint is that player’s “character” in game seemed a bit unresponsive (at times.) It just felt a little sluggish, but nothing I would call game ending or bad. Just had to adjust to it. It felt more real then a lot of titles. Hopefully that turns out to be a good thing.

Still. Awsome job.

Lalu-217 said:

July 15th, 4:49 pm

me too , i downloaded the game , but i couldnt find any matched , i just sat there in the matchmaking room waiting and waiting and nth happened so i gave up , the next day i learned it was the last day of Beta but i bet it was awsom

fatleboo8 said:

July 15th, 4:49 pm

Keep up the good work you guy’s! I enjoyed the beta completely! Even pre ordered the Collectors Edition :)

PAGE 1 2 3 5