Horizon Zero Dawn

Jul 15

Jul 15

UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Concludes, Is Largest PS3 Beta Ever

Arne Meyer's Avatar Posted by Director of Communications, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

UNCHARTED 3 3 wallpaper

Sadly, the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta came to an end earlier today, racking up over 1.53 MILLION unique players participating! This makes UNCHARTED 3 the LARGEST online beta to appear on the PS3. I cannot describe how awesome everyone in the Naughty Dog studio feels about hitting this milestone – we couldn’t have done it without you, our fans and community!

Below, we’ve collected some jaw-dropping stats from the Multiplayer Beta. You guys were busy!

-Total unique Beta players: 1.53 million people

-Total kills: 1.9 billion

-Total Cash collected: 1.4 TRILLION dollars (that’s greater than the gross domestic product of Spain, the eleventh highest GDP in the world!)

-Total shots fired: 48 billion

-Total matches completed: 22 million

-Total time played: More than 362 years worth of matches

UNCHARTED 3: Creepy_CrawlerUncharted 3: airstrip runway

We’re keeping the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta feedback forums on NaughtyDog.com open over the weekend so you can post your closing thoughts. We’ll close the forums on Monday, reopen the normal Multiplayer discussion forum, and spend the next weeks poring over all your feedback to see what else we should look into. We’ve already made changes, fixes and tweaks during the Beta and before we put the finishing touches on UNCHARTED 3, we will make more tweaks entirely based on your collective feedback. Our multiplayer game design team thanks you!

If you still need your UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer fix and you’re headed to San Diego Comic-Con next week, you’re in luck! We are bringing a limited selection of the gametypes featured in the Beta to the PlayStation Booth located in the Exhibit Hall for all FIVE days! We’ve got an UNCHARTED 3 panel on Friday and a bunch of announcements to boot – we’ll have a proper blowout on all the news here on the PlayStation.Blog early next week.

If you’re not headed to San Diego Comic-Con, you’ll be able to scratch that multiplayer itch again in just a few months! In October, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to jump into the FULL UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer experience by visiting your participating SUBWAY restaurant before the Blu-ray copies hit retail on November 1st. Check back on the PlayStation.Blog for more details as we get closer to October – if you want to get a jump start with your Multiplayer career, you won’t want to miss this!

Of course, don’t forget to pre-order if you haven’t already.

UNCHARTED 3: yemen wideUNCHARTED 3: yemen vista

One last note about the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Rewards – if you’re looking forward to getting your hard-earned rewards from hitting any or all of the requirements, PLEASE be sure to update your Account Settings to ALLOW “communications from PlayStation.” There’s a handy link on the Account Settings page on PlayStation.com to do this. Otherwise our pals at the PlayStation Network offices won’t be able to e-mail you and you won’t get your rewards!

You don’t want that to happen, do you?

I look forward to taking a few potshots at each and every one of you within the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer this October, if not sooner!

Add Your Own

reask1 said:

July 16th, 5:53 am

@ shaikhrabi
No you will start at 0 again. :)

TheCraZyCloWn said:

July 16th, 7:07 am

@13 = Largest PS3 beta is PlayStation Home no?

siriusbee said:

July 16th, 7:46 am

Tbh I just felt like wishing I was in an Assassin’s Creed game, instead of these pretentious mechanics.

WILDBILL1876 said:

July 16th, 7:59 am

voice chat sucks so it’s a pass for me and my buddies

Scaramanga1983 said:

July 16th, 8:00 am

I came across a bug during the Beta. I was playing co-op split screen with my brother. When I died and decided to “respawn on buddy”, I respawned out of the map on Syria and couldn’t get back or die.

Also, can I uninstall it now or the file will still be usable in the near future?

k1llabeastie said:

July 16th, 8:10 am

Awesome beta! Congrats.

el27ch said:

July 16th, 8:17 am

This is the best beta I ever played, actually this is the first beta I ever played. Big fan of uncharted and I have to say, I cant wait for November. Congrats Naughty Dog for an awesome beta and keep up the good award winning work

fattytwenty said:

July 16th, 9:13 am

I miss my PS3,(YLOD) and the crash box is just not doing it for me.
Cant wait to get it fixed or get a new one.

H8_is_Bad said:

July 16th, 10:40 am

The beta was AMAZING thank you ND and Sony! The beta was way more fun that than when i went to my friends house to play the gears of war beta!

I also made some new friends playing this U3 beta the community was great unlike in most other online games where people are extremely rude. Can’t wait to play the full game when it comes out!

WelmoscaBR said:

July 16th, 11:01 am

awesome BETA from the best game ever made…I played a lot…but there are a lot of things ND need to improve…that AK song is garbage.Also stop with FPS aspects.I hope dont be so different from UC2 cuz UC2 Rocks so hard as hell.

an-inFamous1337 said:

July 16th, 11:47 am

It sucks that i have missed it.

dpedfan15 said:

July 16th, 12:02 pm

how do i change my account settings to say allow from playstation when i go to the account management it says down for maitenence

dpedfan15 said:

July 16th, 12:04 pm

nevermind i got it

jmlife said:

July 16th, 12:45 pm

best beta ive ever play in a long tme!!!!!

midnightangel666 said:

July 16th, 1:29 pm

I love the new U3 Beta…. Can’t wait for it to come out in November. One thing I wish we had more of was more Uncharted swag. I’ve been looking for a console skin for any of the U-games but can’t find one anywhere. T-shirts, hoodies, bags things like that. Anyone know where I can get some? I’m already saving for the collectors edition of U3! WHOOT! Nathan Drake is awesomeness.

WINAS3 said:

July 16th, 1:48 pm

Beta was a blast! Im seriously looking forward to the final product come November.
Those stats sure made me chuckle though, 362 years worth of time, 48 billion shots fired.
And i helped =)

VideoGamer35 said:

July 16th, 1:50 pm

Really awesome beta, I enjoyed it a ton!!!

RAC412 said:

July 16th, 1:57 pm

Great Beta. Can’t wait for the release, this is a must have. I have already pre-ordered my copy at GameStop. I have one question. Meyer will I retain my Level and Perks once I get my copy? I hate to lose that stuff since it took me along enough to get to Level 30 (Lot of Dying). Thanks and keep up the good work.

GALACTIK_MONKEY2 said:

July 16th, 1:59 pm

Aren’t we suppose to get the rewards when we play the uncharted 3 beta and complete matches, so we can get the rewards??

chillertime9 said:

July 16th, 2:52 pm

im bck an i still thnk th beta is sooooo awesome that it should jus keep going!!!!!!!!!!

chillertime9 said:

July 16th, 2:53 pm

is th beta in th gme or something cuz evry1 is saying thngs bout if theyr gna keep their lvls an stuf lke that

danlee544 said:

July 16th, 3:54 pm

i want to play more now it was more fun then any game i ever had when the real game come plzz put it n the playstation store plzz my disc drive dont work so i want to download it so nov 1 plzz put it n ps store kk ^_^

sinthros said:

July 16th, 5:34 pm

Awesome beta, I got to level 37 and maxed out almost every booster. I look forward to doing it all again when the game comes out. There were some glitches in the beta though, so make sure you fix them, eh? Also, make sure that there aren’t any of the plunder glitches like there were in Uncharted 2. I hate playing with those cheaters.

DarkOne_PR said:

July 16th, 5:41 pm

I got my UC3 reserved and i want to change my reservation for the collectors… but NOT UNTIL I GET THE SPECIFICS OF DRAKES FIGURE! LIKE HOW BIG IS IT GOING TO BE!!

Fenrisulfr_ said:

July 16th, 6:21 pm

When I shot somebody in the head 3 times only for them to survive and me die from a single sniper shot to the chest, I quit this game. I have no idea what people see in this game.

Alyyse said:

July 16th, 6:59 pm

i’m so ready for this game

neverbelow said:

July 16th, 7:05 pm

I am such a Uncharted fanboy. I’ll admit it. I loved the beta and thought all the little changes they made during it greatly improved the experience from day one. I wasn’t even a fan of online multiplayer shooters until Uncharted 2. Killzone 2 was pretty good but I never thought that individual players skill could have an impact on the overall game. CoD is very polished but I didn’t like some gameplay aspects (auto aim lock when people get killed in half a second). Way to hit the 1.5 million milestone naughtydog!

DefiniteWit said:

July 16th, 7:56 pm

Unfortunately I couldn’t even install the BETA without an error. THANKS!

Solid_Fish36 said:

July 16th, 8:35 pm

This beta only proved how many things you need to fix. For example extremely underpowered punches. I mean really, 3 punches to kill someone? At least make it 2 punches like UC2.

AbruptedWotas said:

July 16th, 8:36 pm

Is downloading demos from the store, super slow for anyone else, I have 30 m.b.s download speeds, the store has never ever been this slow for me EVER, its not my internet or my ps3 connection settings checked them both.. I mean a 1000MB ( 1 gig) demo doesn’t take 5000 plus minutes like it is saying….normaily 5-10 minutes for me

BlazeKush420 said:

July 16th, 9:37 pm

Myself i dont like beta. To much time working and the little time im not working i like to play a full game with trophies and what have you. I did try the beta but it was only for a game or 2 didnt really like it that much. Thats just me. Cant wait for single player. I need to go pre order my collectors edition

B00t3AbustaDAN1 said:

July 16th, 9:50 pm

i didnt like how you started out with the same gun and you had to rank all the way up to get all your guns and then start with a gun you want. cant we pick what gun we want before/during game play to start out with. also, will there be skins like cole mcgrath and nathane hale from resistance again. can you bring us crash bandicoot as a skin :D?

nickiscool2 said:

July 16th, 10:47 pm

awesome!

danlee544 said:

July 16th, 11:42 pm

I WANT THE BETA BACK IM BORD WHEN IT CAME I WAS HAVING FUN I PLAYED IT ALL DAY ALL NIGHT FOR LOTS OF TIME NOW IM BORD AND I GOT NOTHING TO HAVE FUN AS THAT GAME

xNemesiSx said:

July 17th, 12:15 am

The beta was amazing, the game is looking great. Well ND always delivers and this time isnt any different, lot of good games this season.

sinthros said:

July 17th, 12:54 am

Question: If there is a Single Player demo for Uncharted 3 (I would assume that there would be), do you have any idea as to when it would come out? As always, great job Naughty Dog.

CCI_SIKKNESS_1 said:

July 17th, 1:06 am

i really dont play the multiplayer. I hope the campaign is amazing!

FunAndJokes said:

July 17th, 3:48 am

strange to get that amount of kills each player had to get around 1200 kills i played this beta but i know i didn’t get even 500 kills are you sure you guys didn’t make a mistake those are big numbers

YoungGunsM80 said:

July 17th, 7:39 am

lol

H8_is_Bad said:

July 17th, 9:16 am

@ 180 I think by total kills they are including co-op also. just a thought ;)

Kabuterimon40 said:

July 17th, 9:53 am

this game is the best game

shay_84 said:

July 17th, 10:59 am

it was a great beta! thank you ND

DeathGazer said:

July 17th, 11:20 am

Total kills: 1.9 billion

Wowzers

jmhz911 said:

July 17th, 11:42 am

man diz beta zo zo awesome suxx it had to end but hey who doesnt wanna get Uncharted 3 :D

RidTheArmy said:

July 17th, 12:08 pm

I am kind of Disappointed to SONY , I downloaded the Uncharted 3 BETA the download works but the install never works after %13 it says error and so on , also the Playstation Home package the Welcome 100 Items free to us , I never got that after downloading it , Also the inFamous game on Welcome back the installment never works. I tried those during the welcome back but none worked only thing worked was me downloading PS Plus and Dead Nation Full game. I am a SONY fan since 1997 , and I really didn’t like I was treated.

ATFrez said:

July 17th, 12:30 pm

Figures… I was working like a dog all last week, busy as all get-out, I FINALLY get on vacation and plan to catch up on the U3 Beta, and I find out it’s over. Of course…

tisoyboy2 said:

July 17th, 1:02 pm

I only lost connection 1 time playing alone from my console. But worked flawless with no lags or connection issues while playing split with my kid more then 60% of my play time. We both loved the beta.

*** I always purchase my copy of Uncharted new (U1 & U2 permanently part of my collector’s library) , but are you guys adding the online pass requirement?

tisoyboy2 said:

July 17th, 1:07 pm

@RidTheArmy I have had my share of issues with hardware & software with the PS3 too. But I can honestly say that their support service is golden. You should call them and address the problem. It’s 100 times better of an experience then when I have to call customer support for my Xbox or XBL (current unresolved issues at the moment).

misskalunji said:

July 17th, 1:18 pm

I got to play briefly, wasn’t too impressed, of course it was hard at first, that could have been why. But i’ll definitely pick it up and practice online then ;)

morningdrive said:

July 17th, 3:44 pm

48 Billion shots fired and only 1.9 Billion killed?

Geez we have terrible aim :)