Knack 2

Jul 20

Jul 20

Bonus Content Comes to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager

Shadow_4

We’re just a few short months away from the release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PlayStation 3. As mentioned in the original announcement, this new collection features two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, now with full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, 7.1 surround sound, and full PSN Trophy support, all for just $39.99.

Shadow_10 Ico_2

As if that wasn’t enough reason to pick up this collection in September, I’m happy to announce that the disc will also come with some amazing bonus content. Packed in every new copy of the game will be a voucher for two XMB Dynamic Themes, one for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. In addition, on the disc itself will be a ton of exclusive video content from ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian that fans won’t want to miss. We’re busy finalizing the videos as we speak, and will have more details to share next month.

Don’t forget to pre-order your copy before it hits stores on September 27!

Ico_1

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Kchow23 said:

July 20th, 11:16 am

Can’t wait!

akab211 said:

July 20th, 11:17 am

I can’t wait!!!

Gueeds said:

July 20th, 11:18 am

Day 1 purchase already. This sweetens the deal ever further.

TruRage said:

July 20th, 11:19 am

OMG. I played a bit of the originals but I never finished them. Now with all this HD goodness and bonus content, I’m thrilled to go back and play these classics. I can’t wait!

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

July 20th, 11:19 am

A dynamic theme of one of the colossi walking in the background? That’s pretty awesome.

MadMeat001 said:

July 20th, 11:20 am

Videos and 2 Themes, lol wow anyway the game will be awesome! THERE SHOULD BE A JAK AND DAXTER ONE after that :D

spoonTRex said:

July 20th, 11:23 am

I second the vote for Jak & Daxter.

Also, This is a day one purchase for me, too. My favorite games of last generation, outside Beyond Good & Evil and Okami.

lisatsunami said:

July 20th, 11:26 am

Yes!! Pre-ordered!
Now, why aren’t you releasing Last Guardian videos, news to your US store/blog?

Butters360 said:

July 20th, 11:27 am

Awesomesauce. I missed these gems back in the PS2 days. I won’t make that same mistake twice.

Dice_for_Death_ said:

July 20th, 11:29 am

Color me excited.

MrBeatdown said:

July 20th, 11:34 am

That’s pretty cool. I’d like to see something like this rolled out in all Sony games. Even if it was only included in the first batch of copies, it would make a nice incentive to pick the game up sooner rather than later.

D34DL1N3R said:

July 20th, 11:34 am

Has it been confirmed if the extra UK/PAL features of ICO will be included or not?

The UK version had:

New Game+ (w/ Yordas dialogue translated)
Extra ending cut-scene
Lightsaber weapon upon completion of the mace side-quest in New Game+
Two-Player mode unlocked after first play-through
Film Effect option unlocked after first play-through

There was possibly more but I can’t think of anything else atm. Something about updated Yorda AI and an extra “wooden block thing that you use to launch Ico up towards the roof” in the “mace room”?

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

July 20th, 6:39 pm

Yes, the UK extra features are included.

Kikowz said:

July 20th, 11:35 am

one simple question: will it be available @ PS Store? PLEASE!

Kirkpad said:

July 20th, 11:36 am

Hmm, day one purchase? Or wait two months for the price drops that happened to the last collections? Maybe that won’t happen to this collection…

kaz928 said:

July 20th, 11:44 am

This is the only reason I’m keeping my PS3 around, September can not come soon enough.

JonJonXD said:

July 20th, 11:45 am

Will it be available digitally on the PSN Store front? I would love to buy it this way.

RE_Player said:

July 20th, 11:49 am

Already pre-ordered it. I love how remasters of PS2 games I’ve played are my most anticipated games this year. Shows you how groundbreaking these games are.

poisonedsodapop said:

July 20th, 11:53 am

I’ve had it preordered for months since I never got to play it first time around. Been waiting for it since it got announced. Day 1 from me!

DZORMAGEN said:

July 20th, 11:55 am

I bought mine at NewEgg.com, does that mean I still get the themes? There had a $10.00 OFF PROMO, with a PRE-ORDER, don’t know if that offer still exist though…

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

July 20th, 6:21 pm

Yes, the voucher code for the themes are packed in the game.

boxmyth said:

July 20th, 11:56 am

Pre-ordered in full. Thanks for throwing in some dynamic themes. I love the ones that are artistic, that have some serene sense of emotion like the Demon’s Souls dynamic theme.
Sony is a company that gets it right more often than not. My horribly betrayed Servbot avatar can attest to that.

gekko1986 said:

July 20th, 11:57 am

Please make a special edition with maybe a soundtrack CD or download voucher, and Criterionesque box art.

wenkzz said:

July 20th, 11:57 am

is there a Collectors’s Edition or Special for this one?

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

July 20th, 6:23 pm

A CE or SE is NOT planned for the ICO/Shadow Collection.

NeoX360 said:

July 20th, 11:59 am

Cool. As a fan of the PS2 games I am absolutely going to buy this collection.

I actually really like the concept of the remasters and hope sony encourages developers to do more of these. It would be a natural for Jak and Daxter series, Ratchet Clank and a few others… I haven’t always finished everyone in these series so if they came out on ps3 it would be a reason to finally finish them! ;-)

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

July 20th, 11:59 am

Will you sell this on PSN? And if so, will I be able to play it on Vita? Please say yes.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

July 20th, 6:40 pm

PSN – under consideration. VITA – unfortunately, NO.

TheGuardianFID said:

July 20th, 12:00 pm

SWEET, SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! 8)

MarinoBrea said:

July 20th, 12:00 pm

S O L D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DION3TO said:

July 20th, 12:00 pm

This is just awesome. I just cant wait fot this Collection to come out to revive old genuine emotions from both games. And I am absolutely very interested in getting all the trophies for both of them. Any news about it?

arvfab said:

July 20th, 12:02 pm

I really would like to buy the collection day 1, as SOtC is my favourite game of all times. But I’m afraid that a “ultimate collection” could be released when The Last Guardian arrives, similar to what happened with God of War. So it would be really nice to know if such a limited collection edition (ICO+SOTC+The Last Guardian) is planned or not.

Sheep-C-Explorer said:

July 20th, 12:04 pm

So excited for this game! :)

snake4308 said:

July 20th, 12:05 pm

if this comes with a voucher for the last guardian demo I will cry and then buy it twice.

NightHawk17 said:

July 20th, 12:06 pm

This was already a must have, had it pre-ordered on amazon since it was first announced. I’ll be buying it at least 2 more times to support Team Ico.

Digital-Big-Boss said:

July 20th, 12:11 pm

some more bosses for Colossus?

Jimmy_Cosmos said:

July 20th, 12:12 pm

I’m so all over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*checks to make sure I used enough exclamation points… hmmm looks about right*

Surfaced said:

July 20th, 12:14 pm

I’m pre-ordering this as soon as I finish moving (different GameStop).

xBarritx said:

July 20th, 12:17 pm

Woo awesome! I already pre-ordered my copy from Newegg. They had a promo for 29.99, which was just too good to pass up!

DrkrZen said:

July 20th, 12:22 pm

Day one purchase for me, too, but I’d love to see a few avatars in this collection to go along with the themes. I’d totally use an Ico and Wander avatar, lol. Can’t wait!

TomHoang said:

July 20th, 12:29 pm

Can’t wait to play ICO!!!!

Airwalkinman17 said:

July 20th, 12:31 pm

Preordered and paid in full!!!
I’m so glad you guys threw in some cool bonuses for us. That was REALLY nice of you guys. The two games bundled in one, and remastered/ upgraded in HD was more than enough. I am really grateful. Thanks! I can’t wait for the plethora of Sony gaming goodness that awaits me in the fall. :D

Ladykiller64 said:

July 20th, 12:31 pm

Awesome news. I’d get a special edition even at full $60 price if I could.

krae_man said:

July 20th, 12:32 pm

*Shut up and take my money.jpg*

Tomm4118 said:

July 20th, 12:32 pm

I CAN NOT think of a single reason why you wouldn’t buy this.
‘An amazing deal’ doesn’t even come close to doing these two incredible games justice– especially considering how much you’re really getting for all that’s included in the collection… You really couldn’t have asked for a better deal.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am–hands down, the biggest fan of these two games. I’ve completed each game at least 7 times now. So knowing that it’s only going to be– months away– before I finally get to play them in glorious HD, is only setting me up to mark every single calendar that I own. I seriously can’t even begin to describe my excitement for this collection’s long awaited release. You might even say I’m uber excited for it’s release on the PS3.
It’s like SCEA heard my prayers and deliberately made this release to give me the best possible gift that I could have ask for on my birthday.
The only thing that could possibly make this better is if there was a bonus ‘The Last Guardian playable demo’ included with the box.

Spacerac said:

July 20th, 12:36 pm

I don’t care what the naysayers say about these HD treatments “milking” franchises.Each Sony HD collection thus far comprises of a series I missed out on and this is a great opportunity for people to experience the games all at once and for those who want their best games from the PS2 to be output at higher resolutions. I will definitely get this. Let’s get a Jak and Daxter and a Ape Escape one next!

hush404 said:

July 20th, 12:42 pm

Not that extra incentives were pushing me either way, I already decided I need this, but really.. some videos isn’t that awesome for bonus content. The themes had better be dynamic and awesome else, the bonuses seem lame.

Airwalkinman17 said:

July 20th, 12:45 pm

@42
Amen bother. Amen

Sharingan_itachi said:

July 20th, 12:46 pm

now the only thing missing are avatars… consider it!

DION3TO said:

July 20th, 12:50 pm

Reading most of the comments above, I just wonder if there´s a chance out there of releasing a Kingdom Hearts or Fatal Frame HD Collection.

MakoSOLIDER said:

July 20th, 1:00 pm

Will this also be available on PS Store?

zzamaro said:

July 20th, 1:02 pm

lol, I thought you were going to say new content like in the sly collection

Enigma777 said: