Horizon Zero Dawn

Jul 20

Jul 20

Bonus Content Comes to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager

Shadow_4

We’re just a few short months away from the release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PlayStation 3. As mentioned in the original announcement, this new collection features two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, now with full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, 7.1 surround sound, and full PSN Trophy support, all for just $39.99.

Shadow_10 Ico_2

As if that wasn’t enough reason to pick up this collection in September, I’m happy to announce that the disc will also come with some amazing bonus content. Packed in every new copy of the game will be a voucher for two XMB Dynamic Themes, one for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. In addition, on the disc itself will be a ton of exclusive video content from ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian that fans won’t want to miss. We’re busy finalizing the videos as we speak, and will have more details to share next month.

Don’t forget to pre-order your copy before it hits stores on September 27!

Ico_1

Add Your Own

gamer4ever77 said:

July 20th, 1:21 pm

I never played these on the PS2, but I’m looking into this collection because these games seem unique when compared to all the shooters and action games that come out all the time.

Orufonz0 said:

July 20th, 1:22 pm

Will it be available on the psn some time in the future?

wanderer55 said:

July 20th, 1:42 pm

Day one buy. Not only I will be happy to go through one of the best games ever again (SotC) with trophies and better framerate, now I can finally play ICO. And the bonuses sounds like nice additions.

Ethereal said:

July 20th, 1:45 pm

Thank you for the dynamic themes and extra content, as if I wasn’t sold already. You have my money day one. Keep up the good work Sony!

ENRICHOVEGA said:

July 20th, 1:45 pm

My crystal ball informs me this will be downloadable at some point in time. Now if it would only tell me tonight’s lottery #’s…

AriesWarlock said:

July 20th, 1:47 pm

Thank the team. I am glad they are adding bonuses like these in collections.

mcbuttz78 said:

July 20th, 2:04 pm

I wish we could pre order the game off psn. that would be better. Its a great idea.. too. More sure sales..

Esena said:

July 20th, 2:18 pm

By far one of my most anticipated titles! Very excited!

ChibiMrBubbles said:

July 20th, 2:21 pm

I want that European and Japanese double box art. Not a collector’s edition, just that same European or Japanese packaging art of ICO and SOTC as the cover.

iTofuMan said:

July 20th, 2:49 pm

Cannot wait!

I want it now please!

Heavenly_king said:

July 20th, 3:04 pm

1st day :D

lobotomies4free said:

July 20th, 3:11 pm

I’m probably reading this wrong but what is the Limbo DLC offer exactly?

Sephir007 said:

July 20th, 3:18 pm

Yes,, I’m hoping for a PSN release too!

angelspawn77 said:

July 20th, 3:22 pm

This great collection just got greater!!! Can’t wait! Only thing that would have made this deal sweeter would be a Last Guardian demo, but whatever, I’m content with all the awesome stuff this comes with already! This will definitely make the wait for Last Guardian easier :D

TallCrowe said:

July 20th, 3:24 pm

Will Ico have the new game + stuff of the Japanese version with the Basketball shooting and whatnot.

PoInTyNiPs said:

July 20th, 3:30 pm

will it be in actual 1080 not like in other games that say 1080 on the back of the box cough couch gow3. and please people don’t say you can change it to 1080 cause you can’t.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

July 20th, 6:51 pm

The remastered versions of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus will support both 1080i and 1080p.

favian said:

July 20th, 3:30 pm

interviews with Ueda please.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

July 20th, 6:31 pm

And other leads from Team ICO.

EnigmaNemesis said:

July 20th, 3:37 pm

I can not wait for this…

Been gaming for over 25 years, and these two games are right up there as some of my favorite of all time.

PoInTyNiPs said:

July 20th, 3:38 pm

edit from last post you only can do it only for the tv not the game

Hooligantuan said:

July 20th, 3:39 pm

Doooood! Put some PS Home stuff in that package!

And show some Avatar love!

Hooligantuan said:

July 20th, 3:40 pm

Also: I seriously like preordered this in like MARCH or something.

favian said:

July 20th, 3:41 pm

Will there be a limited edition of this ICO/SOTC for people who pre-order?

Hooligantuan said:

July 20th, 3:41 pm

UGH, and a Question!

Trophy Support!

Is that Per Game, or is there a single trophy pool spread among the both of them?

Gosh, I really wish those hidden items from the Time Trials had been incorporated into the game, though, like you had to go out and explore and find them. ARGH LOVE GAME.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

July 20th, 6:43 pm

There are trophies assigned to each game.

Lopan said:

July 20th, 3:46 pm

Cool I can’t wait. You know what? another game that came out recently that promised a free dynamic theme when we pre-ordered and we didn’t get it. what was that game? Oh yeah Motorstorm Freakin Apocalypse!!!!!!

LionsguardAgrias said:

July 20th, 3:50 pm

Pre-ordered this ages ago. Funny how my most anticipated title this year is actually an old one.

Carl-G said:

July 20th, 3:57 pm

Nice 1;)

Now will anyone do a ‘TimeSplitters HD’ collection? ? ? :-P

d-GE-X said:

July 20th, 4:03 pm

hey can all the fan knows when uncharted 3 demo comes out before the game release plz cant wait to play

filinese21 said:

July 20th, 4:07 pm

I’ve had this pre-ordered for months now, but these bonuses only sweeten the deal. I gotta say, I’d buy avatars for the Collection as well :)

spunnups said:

July 20th, 4:48 pm

Day 1, and I own SoTC, but not ICO. Love it!!!!!!

PhantomOfPanton said:

July 20th, 5:01 pm

Ratchet and Clank collection please! :D

ChubbyBiddy said:

July 20th, 5:01 pm

Nice.

BlooodyCow said:

July 20th, 5:16 pm

Shut the hell up Sony and take my money. Hell I will buy two copies of this game just because I love the originals so much.

SHINSPIKES said:

July 20th, 5:28 pm

Have both, but still want in HD. Please squeeze as much content as you can into that bluray.

plaztiksyke said:

July 20th, 5:36 pm

I am excited for this, and have pre-ordered, but…

7.1 surround support will be meaningless if the audio assets aren’t 24-bit and/or losslessly compressed. No one will be fooled by tinny, muffled, boomy low-quality assets in surround sound as an “HD” experience.

All the screenshots on flickr are 720 — not 1080p. Additionally, the Ico_2 screenshot shows a close-up of those super low-res, palletized textures in the foreground. 1080p is moot without some of these PS1-quality foreground textures getting re-authored — the filtering almost makes them look worse, and it will be unacceptable to new players seeing them on 50+” HDTVs.

Again, I’m super excited for this, but after seeing the value-add of Beyond Good & Evil HD and Prince of Persia HD versus The Sly Collection HD, I hope Sony ups their game on the genuine quality PS2 re-issues instead of “HD” gimicks like “9.3 surround sound”.

GeneralChaz9 said:

July 20th, 5:49 pm

Whoa! Amazing! Are you sure its the original games? lol

Ratchet and Clank Collection soon? Twisted Metal Black HD? Star Wars Battlefront HD Collection? :D

PullusPardusUS said:

July 20th, 6:13 pm

i own/played every console since the atari and the MagnaVox Odyssey (the very first one) , and i tend to collect games as much as i can on every console , but let me tell you, no game has ever moved me like these two little games did, they’re are my all time favorite games.

tacotaskforce said:

July 20th, 6:14 pm

You’re going to have the NICO trailer, right? That much should be mandatory. The Playstation one ICO trailer would be nice too, but I’ve never seen a version of that at a decent resolution.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

July 20th, 6:46 pm

That’s a good idea about the NICO trailer. ;) We’ll look into it.

VendettaLion said:

July 20th, 6:20 pm

Great News, …will there be a special collectors edition like those in the Japanese market will receive? I believe their collector’s edition comes with two separate disk in special packaging.

varmintx said:

July 20th, 6:59 pm

First I’ve heard of the 7.1 audio…can’t even imagine how good the colossi are going to sound stomping around with a dedicated LFE channel.

alok893 said:

July 20th, 7:24 pm

WHAT ABOUT THE BOOK COMING IN THE JAPANESE COLLECTION?

joseqq said:

July 20th, 7:33 pm

There is a Limited Edition in Japan that comes with a box for the games, is that coming to NA/EU? And does that Limited Edition from Japan also include these bonuses?

gekko1986 said:

July 20th, 8:05 pm

Will there be an option to disable trophy notifications? I hate them in general, but having them pop up in these games in particular would be especially annoying.

Wolokowoh said:

July 20th, 8:28 pm

A little disappointing that it was an extra colossus for SotC but I was going to buy the collection for the improvements anyways. Are they still considering putting a Last Guardian demo on the disc or a voucher for early access to it?

Jedah_PR said:

July 20th, 8:29 pm

It’s amazing that even to this date & gen consoles, SotC graphics still look AMAZING!

I still don’t know if I’ll get this HD remake or not since I still have both original games from PS2; but I am tempted in that 1080i/1080p support & 7.1 surround sound.

These two titles are one of my top 5 favorite games of all time, and I’ve been gaming for over 25 years.

Creators like Ueda and the people behind Team Ico sadly come once in a lifetime.

Hooligantuan said:

July 20th, 8:34 pm

You guys should also look into republishing the old ICO demo. I still have mine and it’s pretty cool how it’s different than the actual game area.

And, man, I know Shadow of the Colossus is an older title and it’s highly unlikely you guys would tamper with it anymore, but it would be super cool if the central temple/tower thing was tweaked so we could climb higher up it than the secret garden.

And I would totally pay for DLC that had bonus colossi to take down, even if it was just in time trials. Some of the colossi that were cut in the initial design phase were really neat looking, for instance.

YungShep said:

July 20th, 9:00 pm

3D and 7.1 I’m there!

PSWii2008 said:

July 20th, 9:44 pm

I’m guessing each game will have a platinum trophy, like the Sly Collection did? Not that that matters, since playing these amazing games are enough of a reward, especially since I didn’t get to play them the first time around.

Northstar77 said:

July 20th, 10:54 pm

Darn I was hoping for in game Bonus content….like the ICO replay content that wasn’t in the original.. I think he was going to English on second play through. I mean this is a day one buy Love the collection.

comicfan007 said:

July 20th, 11:26 pm

EPIC !!!

GertMint said:

July 21st, 1:28 am

Yep should be amazing in HD on a big TV.

Have you noticed a pattern here that the demand for Jak & Daxter HD keeps popping up?, hope Naughty Dog reads these threads too.