Knack 2

Jul 23

Jul 23

The PlayStation Recap — Comic-Con 2011 Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

UNCHARTED 3 at SDCC

Comic-Con 2011 has dominated gaming headlines this week, and the action isn’t over yet. Top stories on the PlayStation.Blog this week included a first look at the Green-Lantern-themed “Fight for the Light” expansion coming to DC Universe Online this summer, first gameplay footage and screens from the eye-catching PSN-exclusive platformer Sideway: New York, a new look at the upcoming PSN title Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, a new Q&A with the creators of the PSN co-op team shooter Payday: The Heist, a look into the troubled subconscious of next week’s psychological adventure-puzzle game Catherine, and the launch of retro shoot ’em up Scribble Shooter in PlayStation Home.

And the PlayStation Comic-Con panel fun continues this weekend: At 6pm tonight, Twisted Metal co-director David Jaffe will reveal a Twisted trailer and a new boss in room 5AB; at 10am on Sunday, Starhawk’s creative director, writer and senior producer will discuss the genesis of the game’s sci-fi universe in room 25AB. And iff you’re admiring the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception limited-edition cover art poster shown above, it could be yours this Sunday: celebrated artist Adam Hughes will be signing them in room AA3 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.

If you attended one of PlayStation’s Comic-Con 2011 panels this year, give us an overview — and your thoughts — in the comments below!

The PlayStation Recap – PlayStation.Blog

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Mortal Kombat DLC Warrior: Freddy Krueger

The 10 Most-Viewed Posts of the Week

Add Your Own

digitalman123 said:

July 23rd, 3:17 pm

Great week! That Freddy Krueger in MK really has got me excited!

I’m playing: Mortal Kombat, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean [PS3], Tomb Raider Trilogy, Golden Axe (Sid, add me so we can co-op Golden Axe! Need help with no continues trophy), Demon’s Souls
I’m watching: Batman: Arkham City Penguin trailer, Freddy Krueger MK Trailer
I’m reading: The Lost Hero

digitalman123 said:

July 23rd, 3:18 pm

Oh yeah, and Comic-Con had lots of awesome stuff! Wish I could-ve gone…

Detective-E said:

July 23rd, 3:29 pm

I want to see the TM trailer, will it be posted on the blog and can I watch a stream somewhere?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 23rd, 5:30 pm

Not yet — I believe the new Twisted Metal video will be limited to Comic-Con for right now.

sayahchan said:

July 23rd, 3:36 pm

[DELETED]!! lol who drew Sully to look like a skinny Ron Jeremy!!! GROSSSS… hahaha… and such a tiny Chloe.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 23rd, 5:31 pm

Sully looks *hilarious* in that poster. I love it!

Shibertron said:

July 23rd, 3:38 pm

i’m playing uncharted2.
i’m watching…………I don’t know
i’m reading…………..I don’t know

buenabena3 said:

July 23rd, 3:54 pm

any info for resident evil 4

TheJak21 said:

July 23rd, 4:34 pm

We need more Starhawk info! Most Anticipated Shooter of 2012!

Lolsa1 said:

July 23rd, 5:11 pm

I got the poster :D but I missed the free t-shirts and UC3 codes :(. Overall I had a blast at Comic-Con got to play twisted metal and starhawk!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 23rd, 5:32 pm

Nice! What did you think of Starhawk and Twisted Metal?

perrandy said:

July 23rd, 6:31 pm

its just me or the main guy at the uncharted 3 posted looks like jeff?

im playing: some title on a non-sony portable
i’m reading: this blog,yahoo news and a couple of visual novels :0
i’m watching: nothing right now since i no longer have netflix instant streaming

bakerarmy said:

July 23rd, 6:41 pm

I am playing Mafia 2, and trying to get my computer to play the BF3 Alpha

I am watching Torchwood

I am reading ……….

Can’t wait for MK arcade collection!!

Kamjatang said:

July 23rd, 8:54 pm

Anything PS Vita?

twistedfloyd said:

July 23rd, 8:55 pm

Playing: Resistance 2, Bioshock, Uncharted 2, The Sly Collection (Sly 3)

Watching: Death Note, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone, The Fighter, The Kids Are All Right

Reading: Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone

Gah I wish I was near the West Coast, or the West Coast would come to me. Need. Twisted Metal. Info! Searching online but nothing yet after the press conference. Sid! Please help me once more and get us some more Twisted info from Comic Con to come on here, even if the vid is limited!

Thanks for the update!

Butters360 said:

July 23rd, 8:59 pm

Sony came out swinging at this year’s Comic-Con! Man, the show booth is packed every time I head over there. Plus, it’s SO big Sid! I was quite fortunate to attend the Journey, Resistance 3, and UNCHARTED 3’s panels. I got a chance to meet Kellee Santiago of thatgamecompany and talk to her about Journey, she is SUPER nice and knows her craft so well. Marcus Smith of Insomniac Games was awesome and showed some amazing new gameplay videos. The UNCHARTED 3 panel was amazing. Hearing Amy Henning, Nolan North, Emily Rose, Richard, etc. talk about making the game was interesting to hear. LOVED the part where Nolan North said that j.J. Abrams met him and congratulated him on UNCHARTED 2’s opening, saying it’s the best opening of any media, ever. The only thing that topped that was when they said they would play Nathan, Elena, and Sully respectively if asked to.

I’m Playing: Everything at Son’y PlayStation booth at Comic-Con.

I’m watching: Friends With Benefits and Captain America.

I’m Reading: Claymore Manga and Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight.

furykiller972 said:

July 23rd, 10:11 pm

cant wait for battlefield 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snakesmullet said:

July 23rd, 10:11 pm

I was an attendee at this year’s SDCC, and I have to say Playstation ruled the gaming section of Comic-con!! The show floor booth was by far the best and biggest, with all titles playable and awesome goodies that were given out. The Ratchet arcade cabinet for all 4 one was freaking epic!!
I’m glad to say that I was at the Uncharted 3 panel, because it rocked so hard I couldn’t stop smiling and laughing. The Twisted Metal panel was also cool, but I was hoping for some t-shirt giveaway :(
Unfortunately I did not have a pass for thursday, so I missed Resistance 3 and Journey.
Thank you for all the nice touches to the booth, it looked really nice with all the banners hanging and as well for the large presence at the panels!!

snakesmullet said:

July 23rd, 10:15 pm

@ Butters360
BTW, I was the guy who asked Nolan North, Emily and Richard the question that if asked to, would they consider playing themselves in an Uncharted movie roll! ha ha!
Thank you saying it was a good question and consequent answer from the guys!!

Butters360 said:

July 23rd, 11:46 pm

@ Snakesmullet

That’s awesome man! Glad that the question was asked because I loved genuine reaction they all gave. Nolan, Emily, and Richard ARE their characters.

VofEscaflowne said:

July 24th, 4:37 am

I wish someday I can attend one of these shows so I can totally geek out :P I really can’t wait to see more of Sideway though. It really looks like an impressive game. Hopefully the gameplay can match up to it!

I’m playing: Persona 3 Portable, BioShock 2… clearing out some of my backlog! Got in the mood for some P3P since Catherine is coming out in a few days! :D

I’m watching: Breaking Bad season 4 on AMC! What a great show, looking forward to tonight’s episode.

I’m reading: Since this is almost always empty, I’ll put in the PS Blog for bonus points :P

Juststeveplease said:

July 24th, 6:06 am

1/2 freddy’s comin for all the mortal kombat stars.

rabidninjamonky said:

July 24th, 6:46 am

playing bioshock 2 minerva’s den and dead space extraction. watching true blood(best season since season 1 IMO). reading game informer magazine. Looking forward to the drop tonight. Please release FF5 , 6 or chrono trigger this week!! I know they have to be coming soon but the wait is killing me. I need an old school rpg now!!!

rabidninjamonky said:

July 24th, 3:46 pm

Get over the cross chat, it’s not gonna happen! If you need to talk to someone that bad, call them or play the same game as them. It’s not a big deal. Can’t wait for Disgaea 4, I’ve preordered the premium edition already.Goodbye sunshine, it was good while it lasted.

RE_Player said:

July 24th, 9:49 pm

Thanks for all the Comic Con coverage and keeping me in the loop. When I came to the blog and saw Freddy for MK I had a big grin on my face :)

papa_96 said: