Spider-Man PS4

Jul 27

Jul 27

Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC Hits Tonight, Get Domination Tips

Dan Amrich's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Ubisoft

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3 (Zombies: Shangri La)

Annihilation — the third pack of DLC maps for Call of Duty: Black Ops – comes to the PlayStation 3 late tonight after 2am Pacific Time. The DLC offers four new multiplayer arenas and a new jungle-based Zombies survival experience in Shangri-Li. In celebration of the big release, developer Treyarch has deemed that the double XP will flow all weekend long. I’ll be hosting a gameplay session this Friday night to soak some of that up myself, and my favorite game type is Domination. Truth be told, I’m not that good a shot, so objective-based modes like this one let me help the team and keep leveing up even if I’m nowhere near the top of the K/D ratios.

In that spirit, I wanted to offer some tips for the four new maps. I don’t know if we’ll meet up on the same team or on opposite sides of a red dot sight, but I’m willing to take that risk in the name of having fun…

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3

Drive In

I like this map a lot. Snipers perched in the projection room and in the screen will no doubt trade fire over the B flag in the middle of the map, but that also makes them susceptible to backstabs and grenades while they’re preoccupied. If you sneak up behind them, beware their defensive claymores. If you prefer to play defensively yourself, the box office near A is often underutilized as a hiding spot; you’ve got a good view of the flag and the most popular paths for advancing troops, so don’t be afraid to crouch in the ticket booth and guard your flag. Since all three flags fall in a line (more or less), consider Napalm Strike as a killstreak reward; if you drop a bit of linear fire, you can often shut down A & B or B & C and force the opponents to the edges of the map. Oh, and while you’re off to the left side, stop in the arcade and check out the pinball machines for a nice in-joke.

Hazard

This golf course is a sniper’s dream – the gazebo over A and the bridge near C give you clear lines of sight all the way down the fairway. As a result, expect B to be a nightmare to capture, especially since it’s easily attacked from the left or the right side as well. Gas grenades are great defensively at B, so consider a loadout with Tactical Mask to counteract that if you’re trying to capture. Personally, I prefer to try to control A and C and wait it out; sneak a claymore in near the chess table at C to help conceal it, and use the shadows at A to your advantage on defense.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3

Hangar 18

This level’s flags are spread out in a wide triangle pattern, with the B flag directly under the nose of the SR-71 Blackbird. B is particularly hard to capture because it’s so exposed and can be protected by long-range fire – there’s a building directly above on the A side that’s perfect for someone with a sniper or assault rifle, not to mention the tarped shipping crates that provide both height and cover for guards. But while everybody’s paying attention to the nose of the plane, don’t neglect its engines – flanking from the hangar itself (especially if you lead with a flashbang or concussion) is usually quite effective.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack for PS3

Silo

Silo can be overwhelming, as there are many blind corners and unusual pieces of cover – those cement cylinders, for instance. There’s a fair amount of verticality to the map; it doesn’t immediately look like Kowloon, but with several ladders, staircases, and scaffoldings to climb, it kind of plays like its Russian cousin. Plus, its highs are very high, giving snipers excellent views of B. However, A and C are less open from the most popular sniper perches – each has a tall wall between it and the middle of the map – so load up with shotguns and SMGs and storm them. The best team balance I’ve seen for Domination is two dedicated snipers and four roamers/cappers, working together. You really need teamwork on this one to be effective.

Above all, regardless of what map you play, use your voice! Most Domination games can be aided by simple status reports – every player can act as a scout. If three people took you out at A, say “Three at A” to prepare anybody else on your team. Simple, direct intel like that is always appreciated by teammates who want to work together.

Enjoy the new maps, enjoy this weekend’s double XP, and jump in for my Friday night session if you can; my PSN ID is OneOfSwords.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

blackmnm6v said:

July 27th, 9:57 pm

lol

sidewayz13 said:

July 27th, 9:57 pm

Why is the DLC taking so long to come out? it would usually be 12 or 1 am est when a DLC comes out

Brandon_2535 said:

July 27th, 9:59 pm

You should start offering the ability to purchase the Zombies maps separately. Some people enjoy just playing Zombies and want to try some new maps, but don’t feel like spending $15 just to use the Zombies map. I think it would be wise to cater to both audiences, competitive and co-op.

You’re charging $15 for five maps, right? That comes out to exactly $3 per map. I’m pretty sure you could sell quite a few Zombies maps for $3 each.

mecr19 said:

July 27th, 9:59 pm

why diffident u guys do what u did last time and let us buy it the day before that was cool

THE_DEVILS_BULL said:

July 27th, 10:00 pm

i would be taking Dans advice and getting some sleep but i want to see some comments

do6237 said:

July 27th, 10:00 pm

I also heard that BF3 gonna slot better then MW3 since the guys left who that brought the series back are gone cause before COD4 I never of the series

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:06 pm

…what? Sorry, I really couldn’t follow what you were saying there!

Sangetsu-II said:

July 27th, 10:02 pm

@Dam Amrich: Some minor fixes true but the major fixes like hit detection and better quality connection from their servers hasn’t been fixed (Note: I personally and many others have commented on their forums about those issues and yet to see a fix) [On their last patch what they do, security updates, and we where like What!!??]

THE_DEVILS_BULL said:

July 27th, 10:03 pm

ya alot of people expect MW3 and BF3 to compete in witch is better i think they will both games worth getting

bakerarmy said:

July 27th, 10:06 pm

Yes, more dlc for 15 bucks. So I buy the game for 60 and spend 45 to play online. If I don’t have the map pack, then it takes forever to find a match. No thanks

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:08 pm

DLC is optional, and you can still play online without it. I played the other night with people who had none of the DLC packs, and we had a blast.

HGX-SSZ said:

July 27th, 10:10 pm

vancouver BC i dont know how to use that time zone shinanagins

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

July 27th, 10:11 pm

SO THATS 2 AM IN NYC FOR NYC AKA ME… RIGHT? :P

THE_DEVILS_BULL said:

July 27th, 10:11 pm

i hope Dan gets some sleep I wouldn’t want to be up all night answering comments or questions that get asked over and over :)

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:14 pm

I will go to bed eventually. :)

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:13 pm

Here, we will make this whole “what time is it in my house if it’s 2am in California” thing easier — with the internet!

Hope that’s helpful. You still have to know where you live, though. :)

do6237 said:

July 27th, 10:14 pm

May bad I was saying that BF3 gonna be better then MW3 from what I’m hearing since the guys that brought to the mainstream are gone. Plus graphics look sick still have my MW3 order. Just hoping it’s decent

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:16 pm

Oh! Well, time will tell — but 2/3 of the people who made MW3 are still at Infinity Ward, and they got world-class folks to jump in and help out. So I’d still check out both games and see what you think — they’ll likely both be very high quality.

THE_DEVILS_BULL said:

July 27th, 10:14 pm

overall i hope everyone gets a kick out of the map pack and has a good double xp wknd and dont forget zombies!

pal-23 said:

July 27th, 10:14 pm

I think you should let them out now. i get the eastern and pacific thing with the times and wanting to play with your friends all at the same time but honestly its not far to me on the eastern time! the last 2 map packs came out ealier than 5… one came out a day b4 and the other one at like 1ish i think, im kinda disapointed. really thought you guys would try to please us alittle more after a month of no online and the face Xbox gets the maps a month earlier. I think i might go get an Xbox forget Ps3… its like you get free online but id rather pay to play and play with better people and get the stuff fast.

DERRICK_14 said:

July 27th, 10:15 pm

What about the giveaway Dan?

Manza12 said:

July 27th, 10:16 pm

Hey Dan, when escalation came out im pretty sure it was available at midnight but how come this ones later?

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:20 pm

Good Q for Sony. It’s their store! :) But surely there’s some benefit — like I said before, maybe it’s just that it’s the lowest time for traffic and therefore the fewest number of people will be inconvenienced if they have to take the store offline or something? Just my guess.

huggiebear199 said:

July 27th, 10:18 pm

its 12:18 here in texas about wat time will we get it

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:21 pm

Go six comments up and you’ll get your answer.

shanerama15 said:

July 27th, 10:21 pm

Any idea as to leveling up in Zombies?

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:23 pm

There’s a reason I didn’t write Zombies advice: I am not good at it! You’re on your own, pal.

demonface665 said:

July 27th, 10:21 pm

i dont care wht time it comes out i just cant wait to get it it seems like a diffrent but fun map pack and side i never go to sleep so im cool

JohnnyX said:

July 27th, 10:23 pm

So wait, when does double XP begin? Is it on friday as usual or as soon as new DLC comes out (2am Pacific)?

irving589 said:

July 27th, 10:23 pm

what time does the new DLC come out for central time

THE_DEVILS_BULL said:

July 27th, 10:24 pm

ya i dont know if thats a rumor or legit leveling up in zombies

selrahc14 said:

July 27th, 10:25 pm

I’m still playing MW2 :)

ozzierule13 said:

July 27th, 10:27 pm

Hey Dan, any idea if we will ever see the classic zombie maps that came with the hardened or prestige editions of Black Ops?

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:35 pm

Still wondering that myself. I have asked but did not get a straight answer. Kinda still hoping if only because so many people have asked about it — I would love for the answer to be “yes” after all that time, but I don’t know.

THE_DEVILS_BULL said:

July 27th, 10:28 pm

i played mw2 for awhile then i just got back to black ops because of the dlc there is something about it thats fun like wager match tomahawks cod points gold guns its like a never ending game

JohnnyX said:

July 27th, 10:28 pm

I was hoping to hold out for a bundle offering all 3 DLC’s down the road, but I forsee myself caving at 2am pacific LOL, especially since I have the money waiting in my PS store wallet. Have you guys ever though about bundling 2 DLC’s where customer can pick the DLC’s their missing?

MOPH-STEELERS said:

July 27th, 10:29 pm

How does Microsoft X-Box 360 have earlier advantage when we all Know that PS3 rules in the online and graphics genre.

gargolaboy said:

July 27th, 10:31 pm

I have a question and sorry for my ignorance but… why the 360 always get this stuff before us?

Dan Amrich's Avatar

Dan Amrich said:

July 27th, 10:34 pm

No worries. There’s a biz deal in place. Check the first page, I linked to the Joystiq story on it.

Fishface45 said:

July 27th, 10:32 pm

These people complaining about what time the dlc hits are funny and guessing they don’t own 360s. DLC on XBL usually hit around 5am EST but could come as late as 12pm EST. I also agree with Dan, they wait to release DLCs when traffic is slower, it just makes sense. It’s easier to deal with any unforeseen problems on a light server.

Why complain about what time will it hit, when PS3 owners already waited a month for it? What’s another few hours really?

wamninja said:

July 27th, 10:33 pm

Call of Duty Black Ops was $60.00 + 3 map packs X $15.00 = $105.00 . To think a couple of years ago all the maps would have been in the first release for $60.00 . Half the time people are cheating w/ handicaps. The other half they are unplugging their ethernet cables, to stop everyone from playing. Now, You want me to buy in to another map pack. This is getting a little expensive. Fix the cheating and maybe a discount for PS Plus users. Then I might buy this one… Who am I kidding. I’m addicted!

xjordan93 said:

July 27th, 10:37 pm

and yes dan i mean sent sent to my twitter personally

its korky0429 i your feeling oh so generous ;)

stewy214 said:

July 27th, 10:38 pm

is there gona be a fourth map pack Dan??

JohnnyX said:

July 27th, 10:43 pm

Hi Dan, do you know when double XP is set to start? I am assuming its right when DLC is released but wanted to confirm. Also do you think there will be any bundling of the DLC’s for those who only got one and want the other 2 at a great price? Thanks in advance!

DAH_PREZ_707 said:

July 27th, 10:47 pm

XBL bought it before playstation did bro

svorken said:

July 27th, 10:56 pm

lol 4 Hours cant wait :D i waited for this like 1.5 months :D ! Finally :D

BrianRowback said:

July 27th, 10:56 pm

omg now i know what time it comes out lol i wuz waiting 4 2 hours 11 pm to 1am

devilmosh said:

July 27th, 11:03 pm

Not sure why all the whining of OMG I WANT IT NAO! Geez, go to bed and it’ll be there when you wake up, fresh, bright-eyed and ready to kill.

That’s what I’ll be doing! Thanks for the info, Dan!

wiz4321 said:

July 27th, 11:13 pm

will there be upcoming new maps after this DLC Pack for black ops or is this the last one ?

robbie1945 said:

July 27th, 11:14 pm

when a lot of people are downloading it will it make take longer 2 download

bam37 said:

July 27th, 11:14 pm

Yea im on midnite shift they be waiting when i get home!

jetblack423 said:

July 27th, 11:19 pm

Hey Dan just read all of your posts thank you for your patience with all of this. hahaha

Also I have been trying to look it up, but do you know who followed West and Zampella to Re-spawn Entertainment?

livitup00 said:

July 27th, 11:21 pm

So if I change my time zone on my ps3. Will I beable to download it sooner? lol

WyteBoy84 said:

July 27th, 11:28 pm

Hey, im in wisconsin… And here its 1:27 am and i was jus curious if anyone on here would happen to know when the new DLC will be available here?

haloranger said:

July 27th, 11:28 pm

Yea that sucks, I stayed up till twelve thinking it was gonna come out and now i gotta wait till two. Well atleast they didnt move it to a different day.

WyteBoy84 said:

July 27th, 11:29 pm

And im talking bout the new DLC for black ops…

UchihaBOY11 said:

July 27th, 11:37 pm

@ Dan Amrich i am interested in codes too :) I would appreciate it greatly if you sent me a code personally! ^_^. Also is Sony making any deals with other company’s similar to Microsoft and Call Of Duty?

ALVARO214 said:

July 27th, 11:38 pm

what time does it come out in central

Unique_Chaos_07 said:

July 27th, 11:39 pm

Lots of people asking what time 2am Pacific Time, will be their time. Just wondering if you guys have heard of google. It is actually pretty genius and can answer about any question you have. Just saying! haha. Oh, and by the way, I live in Illinois….So I have to wait till 4 a.m. So suck it up lol

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10